PDA

View Full Version : The Tennis Poker Journal!

DoctorG
Oct 8th, 2007, 03:30 PM
The right place to share all the Tennis Poker thoughts, stats, cheers, trivia, insults, congratulations, mourning, feedback, venting and a lot more! :D

DoctorG
Oct 8th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Some World Championships stats. :cool:

Carot & The Crow have reached the doubles Worlds final for the 3rd consecutive year. :yeah:

Geewhiz & Kuilli are also in the final and it's the first ever medal for both, while fellow The You Knows member Gallofa won the Olympic title in 2004 with now retired Croat123.

Arn & Josh will try to defend last year's bronze medal, repeating the feat of Valda Lake & Tim Wilson, who got the 3rd spot in 2004 and 2005.

DoctorG
Oct 8th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Here's the list of all the medals from the doubles draws of the Tennis Poker World Championships and Olypic Games. :cool:

THE 2004 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS PODIUM!

GOLD: CanIGetaWhat & ManuelanMaggieLover!

SILVER: AlexSydney & Tetetubby!

BRONZE: Valda Lake & Tim Wilson!

THE 2004 OLYMPIC GAMES PODIUM!

GOLD: Gallofa & Croat123!

SILVER: Dawn Maree & Rightous!

BRONZE: Rocketta & CanIGetaWhat!

THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS PODIUM!

GOLD: Princess Fiona & Tetetubby!

SILVER: Carot & The Crow!

BRONZE: Valda Lake & Tim Wilson!

THE 2006 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS PODIUM!

GOLD: Carot & The Crow!

SILVER: Princess Fiona & Tetetubby!

BRONZE: Arn & Josh!

Ceze
Oct 8th, 2007, 06:21 PM
congrats to all the people on here :clap2: Maybe one day my name will be added too :p

Meteor Shower
Oct 9th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Message to per4ever and righteous.
Its been a crazy year with the university, so sorry I didn't change my picks for like 5 legs, my mind wasn't in the game :o
I know its just a game so you probably don't care but I still had to say it ;)
hopefully next season i'll come back :)

DoctorG
Oct 10th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Ceze has reached his 5th consecutive singles semifinal and this streak is even more impressive considering he has played only 6 legs so far in his Tennis Poker career. :D

Carot & The Crow have also reached their 5th doubles semis in this season. :yeah:

Rocketta & Rightous are still the leaders in this department with 4 consecutive finals during the 2004 season. :cool:

DoctorG
Oct 10th, 2007, 08:46 AM
The 6th leg Surprise Award in Fed Cup goes to...

Russia!

In their very first season, after a consistently successful Round Robin, the Russians have beaten the defending champions, reaching the semis and qualifying for next year's World Group I. :yeah:

Congratulations to Kart, Klok and Kirilenko Fan! :bounce:

rightous
Oct 11th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Woohoo well done to Wifey and me, record leaders.

Meteor Shower no worries I was busy with univ as well so I haven't been able to pick my best teams. But 2008 is my year

DoctorG
Oct 11th, 2007, 03:39 PM
In the 6th leg singles semis, two posters ended up with the very same combination and so it was down to the second values. It's something which does happen every now and then, but surely the most amazing situation was the 2003 first leg tie among a trio of now retired ladies: Moon, Tine and Dawn Maree had the best combination of all and Dawn got the title thanks to the second score of Monica Seles. Curiously enough, going back to those old teams, the semis scores included players like Iroda Tulyaganova and Anna Smashnova, still -Pistolesi. :lol:

The Crow
Oct 11th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Good ol' times (not sure that I experienced them though :o ;))

DoctorG
Oct 12th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Good ol' times (not sure that I experienced them though :o ;))

You did, you joined at the beginning of the 2002 season, in the very first leg of what can be defined the Tennis Poker Open Era. ;)

The game was born in 1999, right after the US Open, on the other board. The rules about the card values are still exactly the same, but the tournament format was more similar to the current Worlds, with one round played per leg. By the time that board was shut down in 2001, the game had gathered more than 100 players. When I moved to this site, I changed the structure to the current one for the 2002 season and besides a few minor improvements, the game is still played that way. :cool:

21 active posters have played all the 6 Open Era seasons, and a handful of them joined since Day 1 back in 1999. :yeah:

DoctorG
Oct 12th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Ceze is the very first poster to win back-to-back singles titles! :cool: It will be very interesting to see how long this winning streak goes on, by now it's 11 matches, though he was able to win also 4 Fed Cup singles rubbers in the past 2 legs. :yeah:

It's not the first time a player wins 2 singles titles in one season as SpencerCarlos already did it in 2003. :cool:

Ceze is only the 8th multiple singles winner, with Tetetubby leading the list with 4 wins, one title per year since 2003. :D

OPEN ERA SINGLES WINNERS!

4: Tetetubby

3: La Abuela, SpencerCarlos

2: Brian Stewart, CanIGetaWhat, Ceze, Hurricane Lily, Rightous

1: Alek, Arn, Ayla, Bh440, Carot, Croat123, Cuckoo, Dawn Maree, E.Dementieva, Geewhiz, Gourownway, James, Janice Kersey, Jen&RobbyFan, JohnnyWeirFan, Josh, Kart, ManuelanMaggieLover, Nicoleke, Paul, -Ph51-, RayRob, Rocketta, SpikeyAidanm, Tim Wilson, Valda Lake

Active players in red. ;)

Congrats everyone! :bounce:

The Crow
Oct 12th, 2007, 11:21 AM
All those one slam wonders and I never even won one :sad:

DoctorG
Oct 12th, 2007, 11:24 AM

I'll do the same for doubles very soon, and that will make you feel better for sure. ;)

DoctorG
Oct 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM
In terms of points, in the 6th leg a lot of posters had their season best result: Ceze, Jakeev, Tetetubby, The Crow, Klok, Fieke, Princess Fiona, Meteor Shower, Per4ever, Tennace, Jen&RobbyFan and Tennis 2006.

Yasmine
Oct 14th, 2007, 12:09 PM
:hug:

Ceze
Oct 14th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I made it :banana:

DoctorG
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:47 PM
The 6th leg Bad Luck Award in Singles goes to...

Tennace!

Having the 5th best combination of the leg and losing in the second round is not what you can call a good draw. :unsure:

DoctorG
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:52 PM
The 6th leg Surprise Award in Doubles goes to...

Jakeev & -Ph51- !

With only 4 legs played out of 6, these semifinalists at this stage would qualify for the Worlds. :yeah:

DoctorG
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:57 PM
The 6th leg Best Fed Cup Team Award goes to...

The You Knows!

Ok, their tie was almost useless, but completing the Round Robin matches with a perfect record and playing the semis in the next leg still unbeaten is a feat which deserves a sort of recognition. ;)

Congratulations to Geewhiz, Kuilli, Gallofa and Sarsmile!

DoctorG
Oct 16th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Forecasts predicted huge changes in the singles ranking, and I can anticipate there are 3 new top 8 and 6 new top 16 players. On the other hand, there are just 2 new posters entering the top 32. :unsure:

More big changes should be expected because 2 posters out of the 5 confirmed top 8 are going to drop over 1k pts in the next leg. :eek:

DoctorG
Oct 16th, 2007, 08:55 AM
In the singles Race, 11 posters have already broken the 2k points wall, which has always been significant for the eventual qualification. With 2 legs to go it's already a crowded group, but there's still hope for everyone as there's a huge gap after those 11 and the rest: about 600 points separate #11 and #20, which is about the same distance we find between #20 and #40. :)

DoctorG
Oct 16th, 2007, 08:58 AM
The 6th leg Bad Luck Award in Doubles goes to...

Meteor Shower & Per4ever !

They lost in the qualies first round with a score which was worth the quarterfinals in any section of the main draw. :speakles:

DoctorG
Oct 16th, 2007, 08:59 AM
The 6th leg Best Singles Player Award goes to...

Ceze!

Who else? :lol:

The Crow
Oct 16th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Forecasts predicted huge changes in the singles ranking, and I can anticipate there are 3 new top 8 and 6 new top 16 players. On the other hand, there are just 2 new posters entering the top 32. :unsure:

More big changes should be expected because 2 posters out of the 5 confirmed top 8 are going to drop over 1k pts in the next leg. :eek:

*hoping*

DoctorG
Oct 17th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I'm compiling the Champions League results and I must say it was a really competitive leg. :eek:

One poster will be relegated from Div 1 to 2 despite FIVE wins. :speakles:

A curious note: Ceze's record is exactly the same of the previous leg. :D

DoctorG
Oct 17th, 2007, 04:28 PM
The 6th leg Bad Luck Award in Fed Cup goes to...

Belgium!

When, after a brilliant Round Robin, your worst score is 298 and you lose anyway, you must have faced a really strong team. :unsure:

Better luck next time for Arn, Per4ever, Fieke and The Crow! ;)

DoctorG
Oct 17th, 2007, 04:42 PM
The 6th leg Best Doubles Pair Award goes to...

Ceze & Tennace!

Tennace was not just brought up by the singles winner but scored the 5th best result of this leg. Fiona & Tete deserve a mention for getting so close. :yeah:

DoctorG
Oct 17th, 2007, 04:45 PM
The 6th leg Surprise Award in Singles goes to...

Jakeev!

Scoring in this leg, with a combination which was worth the title, more points than in his whole season so far. :cool:

Ceze
Oct 19th, 2007, 06:10 AM
The 6th leg Best Doubles Pair Award goes to...

Ceze & Tennace!

Tennace was not just brought up by the singles winner but scored the 5th best result of this leg. Fiona & Tete deserve a mention for getting so close. :yeah:nice! :D

DoctorG
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:21 PM
Ceze is the 13th Tennis Poker player to become singles #1! :cool:

OPEN ERA LEGS AT SINGLES #1!

8: Rocketta, Josh

6: Tetetubby

4: Carot, Rightous

3: Paul, RayRob, SpencerCarlos

2: Hurricane Lily, Ayla

1: Arn, Tim Wilson, Ceze

DoctorG
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Posters who made Personal Best improvements after the 6th leg:

Ceze (1), Jakeev (4), The Crow (5), -Ph51- (9), Kart (12), Klok (16), Yasmine (19), Tennace (32), Three DT (33), Hugobosstachini (43), Tennis2006 (45).

Congrats everyone! :yeah:

DoctorG
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:28 PM
Ceze's rise to #1 is even more impressive considering he played only 6 legs. :speakles:

Except for the very first season, the record had been previously set by SpencerCarlos, who reached #1 at his 8th leg. :cool:

Yasmine
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
oh I'm in there :yippee: now time to keep going up! :armed:

Ceze
Oct 22nd, 2007, 06:04 PM
Ceze is the 13th Tennis Poker player to become singles #1! :cool:

13th, like Justine Henin in the real WTA :cool:

The Crow
Oct 22nd, 2007, 06:18 PM
Yay, I thought 5th was an all time best but I wasn't too sure. Not too shabby for this old geezer, with all the young guns breaking through (not sure if I can call Phille a young gun hehe :p).

And Ceze will be there for a long time. I'm pretty sure he'll be the sole record holder this time next year :eek:

DoctorG
Oct 23rd, 2007, 03:01 PM
Carot & The Crow set a new record for most legs at #1 and also for the longest streak at the top of the ranking. :cool:

DoctorG
Oct 23rd, 2007, 03:02 PM
OPEN ERA LEGS AT DOUBLES #1!

8: Carot & The Crow

7: Rocketta & Rightous

6: Valda Lake & Tim Wilson

3: CanIGetaWhat & ManuelanMaggieLover, Arn & Josh , Geewhiz & Kuilli

2: Per4ever & Fleemke2, Fieke & James , Princess Fiona & Tetetubby

1: RayRob & Jacs, Doris Loeffel & Brian Stewart

DoctorG
Oct 23rd, 2007, 03:03 PM
OPEN ERA CONSECUTIVE LEGS AT DOUBLES #1!

7: Carot & The Crow

5: Rocketta & Rightous

DoctorG
Oct 23rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
Pairs who made Personal Best improvements after the 6th leg:

Ceze & Tennace (2), Yasmine & Kart (5), Jakeev & -Ph51- (13).

Kuilli
Oct 23rd, 2007, 03:22 PM
At least we made a list in doubles. ;)

Congrats Carot & The Crow!! :D

-Ph51-
Oct 23rd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Yay, I thought 5th was an all time best but I wasn't too sure. Not too shabby for this old geezer, with all the young guns breaking through (not sure if I can call Phille a young gun hehe :p).

And Ceze will be there for a long time. I'm pretty sure he'll be the sole record holder this time next year :eek:

Still young at mind ;)

The Crow
Oct 23rd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Some pretty good couples in that list, so I'm extremely proud :cool:

DoctorG
Oct 24th, 2007, 11:55 AM
For the 7th leg 6 players needed a replacement, and it's amazing considering the next 2 in line were Szavay and Razzano, who both won a title and would have been worth an Ace. :speakles:

Hurricane Lily
Oct 29th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Congrats Ceze!! :kiss:

DoctorG
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
The 7th leg Best Fed Cup Team Award goes to...

ROSA!

In their debut season, after a great Round Robin 2nd place which already guaranteed a World Group I spot for the enxt season, Ceze, Phil, Yasmine and Tennace have been able to reach the final with a 3-0 win over one of the most successful teams of the past few years. :cool:

The Crow
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:12 PM
:worship:

-Ph51-
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:46 PM
Congrats, Ceze, Yasmine and Tennace , my great partners. :drool:

Yasmine
Nov 2nd, 2007, 06:49 PM
ROSA partners, we rock! :worship::bounce::rocker:

DoctorG
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:07 AM
The 7th leg Bad Luck Award in Fed Cup goes to...

The You Knows!

Only 1 loss out of 11 ties this year, but in the most important match. :unsure:

Geewhiz, Kuilli, Gallofa and Sarsmile should be proud of their great achievements in this Fed Cup season anyway. :yeah:

DoctorG
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:10 AM
The 7th leg Surprise Award in Fed Cup goes to...

Russia!

At their very first attempt, they reach the final stopping the winning streak of 10 consecutive Fed Cup ties by The You Knows. :cool:

Congratulations to Kart, Klok and Kirilenko Fan!

DoctorG
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:12 AM
The Fed Cup final will be played by two teams whose members had played before this season a combined total of ONE leg: while Klok joined Tennis Poker in the last 2006 event, all the others had their debut in 2007. :)

DoctorG
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Fieke and KC are now sure to be on the Worlds podium for the first time, but also the bronze medal winner will be brand new. :yeah:

Tia Clara leads the top list with 3 medals, and SpencerCarlos, Tetetubby and Josh are also multiple winners. :cool:

DoctorG
Nov 7th, 2007, 06:51 AM
THE 2003 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS PODIUM!

GOLD: Paul!

SILVER: Tia Clara!

BRONZE: Josh!

THE 2004 OLYMPIC GAMES PODIUM!

GOLD: SpencerCarlos!

SILVER: Polishprodigy!

BRONZE: AlexSydney!

THE 2004 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS PODIUM!

GOLD: ManuelanMaggieLover!

SILVER: Tetetubby!

BRONZE: Tia Clara!

THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS PODIUM!

GOLD: James!

SILVER: Carot!

BRONZE: SpencerCarlos!

THE 2006 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS PODIUM!

GOLD: Tetetubby!

SILVER: Tia Clara!

BRONZE: Josh!

Kuilli
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:08 PM

The You Knows!

Geewhiz, Kuilli, Gallofa and Sarsmile should be proud of their great achievements in this Fed Cup season anyway. :yeah:
Thanks Doc. ;) Our good luck was going to run out at some point. And even though the season ended just a bit too soon, it was an amazing one. :D At least we put up a fight in the semis and didn't lose 0-5. ;) Good luck to the finalists. :)

klok
Nov 8th, 2007, 12:37 AM
The Fed Cup final will be played by two teams whose members had played before this season a combined total of ONE leg: while Klok joined Tennis Poker in the last 2006 event, all the others had their debut in 2007. :)

Wow! that is great beginners luck.

Hopefully my wealth of experience will pay off in the final :P

Lets go Russia, lets go *clap clap*

Rocketta
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:16 PM

The You Knows!

yeah that was pretty bad luck. :lol:

DoctorG
Nov 12th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Rocketta becomes the 9th multiple singles winner! :cool:

2: Brian Stewart, CanIGetaWhat, Ceze, Hurricane Lily, Rocketta, Rightous

1: Alek, Arn, Ayla, Bh440, Carot, Croat123, Cuckoo, Dawn Maree, E.Dementieva, Geewhiz, Gourownway, James, Janice Kersey, Jen&RobbyFan, JohnnyWeirFan, Josh, Kart, ManuelanMaggieLover, Nicoleke, Paul, -Ph51-, RayRob, SpikeyAidanm, Tim Wilson, Valda Lake

DoctorG
Nov 12th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Rocketta & Rightous join Carot & The Crow at the top of the doubles multiple winners list. 4 crowns also for CanIGetaWhat, the only player winning titles with different partners.

OPEN ERA DOUBLES WINNERS!

4: Carot & The Crow, Rocketta & Rightous

3: CanIGetaWhat & ManuelanMaggieLover, Doris Loeffel & Brian Stewart, Fieke & James, Princess Fiona & Tetetubby, Randy H & Polishprodigy

2: Ceze & Tennace, Geewhiz & Kuilli, KC & ARANTXA:simply the best, RayRob & Jacs, Tia Clara & Gallofa

1: AlexSydney & Come-on-Kim, Arn & Josh, CanIGetaWhat & SpencerCarlos, Per4ever & Fleemke2, Valda Lake & Tim Wilson, Yasmine & Kart

The Crow
Nov 12th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Meh R&R :(

Rocketta
Nov 12th, 2007, 12:49 PM

:rocker2:

Yasmine
Nov 12th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Yes they should have let us won, we would have gotten a second title and you would still be alone at the top with Carot :p

rightous
Nov 13th, 2007, 10:50 AM
We are at the top where we belong. It always happens, just because me and my wifey are hot, people don't think we can play;)

Rocketta
Nov 13th, 2007, 10:54 AM
We are at the top where we belong. It always happens, just because me and my wifey are hot, people don't think we can play;)

:lol: :couple:

Rocketta
Nov 13th, 2007, 10:56 AM

:lol: :couple:

CanIGetAWhat
Nov 13th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Rocketta & Rightous join Carot & The Crow at the top of the doubles multiple winners list. 4 crowns also for CanIGetaWhat, the only player winning titles with different partners.

4: Carot & The Crow, Rocketta & Rightous

3: CanIGetaWhat & ManuelanMaggieLover, Doris Loeffel & Brian Stewart, Fieke & James, Princess Fiona & Tetetubby, Randy H & Polishprodigy

2: Ceze & Tennace, Geewhiz & Kuilli, KC & ARANTXA:simply the best, RayRob & Jacs, Tia Clara & Gallofa

1: AlexSydney & Come-on-Kim, Arn & Josh, CanIGetaWhat & SpencerCarlos, Per4ever & Fleemke2, Valda Lake & Tim Wilson, Yasmine & Kart
4 titles! Woohoo! :dance:

DoctorG
Nov 14th, 2007, 01:59 PM
I haven't given Fieke enough credit for being the only player in the Worlds semis both in singles and doubles. :yeah:

The Crow
Nov 14th, 2007, 03:10 PM
All credits for Fieke!! :worship:

DoctorG
Nov 23rd, 2007, 06:44 AM
Ceze & Tennace are the 12th pair to reach the doubles ranking top spot. :cool:

Other pairs reaching a new PB in the doubles ranking after the 7th leg: Yasmine & Kart (4), Jakeev & -Ph51- (11), Klok & KirilenkoFan (14), GracefulVenus & Timray (16).

DoctorG
Nov 23rd, 2007, 06:45 AM

1: RayRob & Jacs, Doris Loeffel & Brian Stewart , Ceze & Tennace

The Crow
Nov 23rd, 2007, 07:29 AM
We rock :cool:

DoctorG
Nov 26th, 2007, 11:04 AM

2: Hurricane Lily, Ayla, Ceze

1: Arn, Tim Wilson,

DoctorG
Nov 26th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Ceze is only the 4th player to hold the #1 spot in singles and doubles at the same time.

OPEN ERA LEGS AT SINGLES AND DOUBLES #1!

4: Carot (with The Crow)

3: Josh (with Arn), Rightous (with Rocketta)

1: Ceze (with Tennace)

Other players at #1 in singles and doubles in their career but never at the same time: Rocketta, Tetetubby, RayRob, Arn, Tim Wilson.

DoctorG
Nov 26th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Posters with a new singles ranking PB after the 7th leg: Jakeev (3), Kart (4), -Ph51- (7), Yasmine (11), Klok (12), Tennace (26), Three DT (30), PacoMexican (41), JelenaDFan (49).

Congrats everyone! :banana:

Yasmine
Nov 26th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks Doc! :kiss:
when is the 8th leg starting? :p

DoctorG
Nov 26th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks Doc! :kiss:
when is the 8th leg starting? :p

It's very likely I'll be able to compile all the draws in the next few days and I would like to start the singles qualies on Thursday. Let's hope everything runs smoothly. ;)

DoctorG
Dec 6th, 2007, 07:45 AM
I haven't given Fieke enough credit for being the only player in the Worlds semis both in singles and doubles. :yeah:

And more credit to Fieke as, after the doubles bronze medal with James, she is the only one winning two Worlds medals this season. :cool:

DoctorG
Dec 6th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Defending successfully last year’s Worlds doubles title, Carot & The Crow become the first players to hold 2 gold medals. :yeah:

DoctorG
Dec 13th, 2007, 09:25 PM
RayRob set a new record reaching the singles semis as a lucky loser. Curiously enough, she had to face KirilenkoFan, the very same poster who had already beaten her in the final qualifying round.

DoctorG
Dec 18th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Players setting a new singles PB in the 2007 YER: Kart (2), -Ph51- (3), Geewhiz (4), Kuilli (7), Yasmine (8), Tennace (22), Three DT (29), PacoMexican (31), Kirilenko Fan (33), JelenaDFan (34), Hugobosstachini (40).

DoctorG
Dec 18th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Pairs setting a new doubles PB in the 2007 YER: Yasmine & Kart (2), Klok & KirilenkoFan (12), RayRob & Three DT (13), GracefulVenus & Timray (15).

The Crow
Dec 18th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Congrats guys!

DoctorG
Feb 18th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Talking about tennis players for once, after her title in Antwerp Justine Henin has scored an Ace for the 9th consecutive leg. :cool:

The Crow
Feb 18th, 2008, 01:57 PM
:worship:

DoctorG
Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:31 AM

1: Alek, Arn, Ayla, Bh440, Carot, Croat123, Cuckoo, Dawn Maree, E.Dementieva, Doris Loeffel, Geewhiz, Gourownway, Jakeev, James, Janice Kersey, Jen&RobbyFan, JohnnyWeirFan, Josh, Kart, ManuelanMaggieLover, Nicoleke, Paul, -Ph51-, RayRob, SpikeyAidanm, Tim Wilson, Valda Lake

First title for Jakeev! :cool:

DoctorG
Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:33 AM

4: Carot, Rightous, Ceze

1: Arn, Tim Wilson,

Ceze is still at #1, but first leg winner Jakeev has a realistic chance of getting the top spot later this season, after the Frenchman drops his 5th leg win points.

DoctorG
Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:34 AM
NEW CAREER HIGH SINGLES RANKING!

Jakeev - 2
Kuilli - 3
James – 4
Klok – 11
Tennis2006 – 23
1000 - 32
Supernova - 33
ViennaCalling - 34
The Doctor - 35
Drake1980 - 36

Congratulations everyone! :bounce:

DoctorG
Mar 3rd, 2008, 03:35 PM
Checking the singles career high stats, I've found out that a total of 120 WTAworld posters have played Tennis Poker since the Open Era first leg in 2002. :cool:

I remember there were up to 150 posters playing in the 1999-2001 seasons on the other board; some of them rejoined here, some others didn't.

Yasmine
Mar 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
you need someone to advertise? Ketta did a fab job at it before last season :angel:

DoctorG
Mar 4th, 2008, 06:58 AM
you need someone to advertise? Ketta did a fab job at it before last season :angel:

Indeed Rocketta did a great job to support and promote this game through the years, and it's thanks to her if a lot of talented newbies have joined lately. ;)

DoctorG
Mar 4th, 2008, 07:00 AM

4: Carot & The Crow, Doris Loeffel & Brian Stewart, Princess Fiona & Tetetubby, Rocketta & Rightous

3: CanIGetaWhat & ManuelanMaggieLover, Fieke & James, Randy H & Polishprodigy

Who will win a 5th title first? :D

DoctorG
Mar 4th, 2008, 07:01 AM

4: Geewhiz & Kuilli

3: CanIGetaWhat & ManuelanMaggieLover, Arn & Josh

2: Per4ever & Fleemke2, Fieke & James , Princess Fiona & Tetetubby , Ceze & Tennace

DoctorG
Mar 4th, 2008, 07:01 AM
NEW CAREER HIGH DOUBLES RANKING!

Ceze & GracefulVenus - 4
Jakeev & -Ph51- - 7
CanIGetaWhat & Klok – 10
Hurricane Lily & Polishprodigy – 12
Arn & KC – 13
Gallofa & Tennis2006 – 15
Supernova & ViennaCalling – 16
Drake1980 & 1000 - 17

The Crow
Mar 4th, 2008, 07:44 AM
:cool:

Jakeev
Mar 21st, 2008, 08:04 AM

1: Alek, Arn, Ayla, Bh440, Carot, Croat123, Cuckoo, Dawn Maree, E.Dementieva, Doris Loeffel, Geewhiz, Gourownway, Jakeev, James, Janice Kersey, Jen&RobbyFan, JohnnyWeirFan, Josh, Kart, ManuelanMaggieLover, Nicoleke, Paul, -Ph51-, RayRob, SpikeyAidanm, Tim Wilson, Valda Lake

First title for Jakeev! :cool:

That still makes me wanna do a little jig :banana:

DoctorG
Apr 11th, 2008, 08:35 AM

1: Alek, Arn, Ayla, Bh440, Carot, Croat123, Cuckoo, Dawn Maree, E.Dementieva, Doris Loeffel, Geewhiz, Gourownway, Jakeev, James, Janice Kersey, Jen&RobbyFan, JohnnyWeirFan, Josh, Kart, ManuelanMaggieLover, Nicoleke, Paul, -Ph51-, RayRob, SpikeyAidanm, Tennis2006, Tim Wilson, Valda Lake

It was just the 7th Tennis Poker event for 2nd leg singles winner Tennis2006.

DoctorG
Apr 11th, 2008, 08:38 AM

5: Carot & The Crow

4: Doris Loeffel & Brian Stewart, Princess Fiona & Tetetubby, Rocketta & Rightous

3: CanIGetaWhat & ManuelanMaggieLover, Fieke & James, Randy H & Polishprodigy

First pair to win the 5th doubles title, Carot & The Crow are back alone at the top of the all-time list.

The Crow
Apr 11th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Hell yeah!

DoctorG
Apr 15th, 2008, 03:04 PM

#1: Paul
#2: Tim Wilson
#3: Arn
#4: Bh440
#5: Tia Clara
#6: Ayla
#7: Janice Kersey
#8: Rocketta

#1: Dawn Maree
#2: SpencerCarlos
#3: CanIGetaWhat
#4: Brian Stewart
#5: ManuelanMaggieLover
#6: Tetetubby
#7: SpencerCarlos
#8: Valda Lake

#1: Tetetubby
#2: Nicoleke
#3: RayRob
#4: Gourownway
#5: SpencerCarlos
#6: Hurricane Lily
#7: CanIGetaWhat
#8: Croat123

#1: Cuckoo
#2: E.Dementieva
#3: JohnnyWeirFan
#4: SpikeyAidanm
#5: Rightous
#6: Tia Clara
#7: Tetetubby
#8: Josh

#1: Alek
#2: Tetetubby
#3: Geewhiz
#4: Tia Clara
#5: Jen&RobbyFan
#6: Rightous
#7: Hurricane Lily
#8: Carot

#1: -Ph51-
#2: Kart
#3: Brian Stewart
#4: James
#5: Ceze
#6: Ceze
#7: Rocketta
#8: Doris Loeffel

#1: Jakeev
#2: Tennis2006

DoctorG
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:32 AM

5: Ceze

1: Arn, Tim Wilson

DoctorG
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:32 AM

GracefulVenus – 3
Tennis2006 – 4
Princess Fiona - 5
1000 - 17
Rvugt - 36

Congratulations! :wavey:

DoctorG
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:40 AM

5: Geewhiz & Kuilli

2: Per4ever & Fleemke2, Fieke & James , Princess Fiona & Tetetubby , Ceze & Tennace

DoctorG
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:40 AM

Ceze & GracefulVenus - 3
Jakeev & -Ph51- - 5
Gallofa & Tennis2006 – 13
Drake1980 & 1000 - 16

Congratulations! :bounce:

Kuilli
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Three more legs to go at #1 before we can catch them Belgians. ;)

DoctorG
Jul 23rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
I still owe you something from the 3rd leg:

1000 - 11
Supernova - 32

Ceze & GracefulVenus - 2
Gallofa & Tennis2006 – 12

Congrats! :cool:

All the other stats will be updated with the 4th leg results in the next few days. :)

DoctorG
Jul 30th, 2008, 08:17 AM

1: Alek, Arn, Ayla, Bh440, Carot, Croat123, Cuckoo, Dawn Maree, E.Dementieva, Doris Loeffel, Fieke, Geewhiz, Gourownway, Jakeev, James, Janice Kersey, Jen&RobbyFan, JohnnyWeirFan, Josh, Kart, KC, ManuelanMaggieLover, Nicoleke, Paul, -Ph51-, RayRob, SpikeyAidanm, Tennis2006, Tim Wilson, Valda Lake

First Open Era singles title for KC, who has been playing Tennis Poker from the very first season in 1999 and had won the 9th leg singles event in 2001. :cool:

DoctorG
Jul 30th, 2008, 08:20 AM

7: Ceze

1: Arn, Tim Wilson

Ceze's streak is probably going to end, but only 2 posters could make better in all the Tennis Poker history. :yeah:

DoctorG
Jul 30th, 2008, 08:21 AM

1000 - 8
Supernova – 30
Rvugt - 35

Current Race leader 1000 will get better and better. :yeah:

DoctorG
Jul 30th, 2008, 08:25 AM

4: Doris Loeffel & Brian Stewart, Fieke & James, Princess Fiona & Tetetubby, Rocketta & Rightous

3: CanIGetaWhat & ManuelanMaggieLover, Randy H & Polishprodigy

1: AlexSydney & Come-on-Kim, Arn & Josh, Arn & KC, CanIGetaWhat & SpencerCarlos, Per4ever & Fleemke2, Valda Lake & Tim Wilson, Yasmine & Kart

First doubles title together for Arn and KC, who had won with their previous partners Josh and ARANTXA:simply the best.

CanIGetaWhat is the only other poster with the same accomplishment, winning titles with Spencercarlos and ManuelanMaggieLover.

DoctorG
Jul 30th, 2008, 08:27 AM

6: Valda Lake & Tim Wilson , Geewhiz & Kuilli

1: Ceze & GracefulVenus , Doris Loeffel & Brian Stewart , RayRob & Jacs

Congratualtions to the new #1 pair Ceze & GracefulVenus !!! :woohoo:

Ceze is the first ever poster to reach the doubles #1 with 2 different partners, GracefulVenus and Tennace. :cool:

DoctorG
Jul 30th, 2008, 08:30 AM

3: Josh (with Arn), Rightous (with Rocketta), Ceze (2 with Tennace, 1 with GracefulVenus)

Just before dropping his titles points, Ceze manages to add another page to his already long record book. :yeah:

Other players at #1 in singles and doubles in their career but never at the same time: Rocketta, Tetetubby, RayRob, Arn, Tim Wilson.

DoctorG
Jul 30th, 2008, 08:32 AM

Ceze & GracefulVenus – 1
Jakeev & -Ph51- - 3
CanIGetaWhat & Klok - 9
Arn & KC – 12

New record for the title winners Arn & KC! :yeah:

DoctorG
Aug 25th, 2008, 01:05 PM

2: Brian Stewart, CanIGetaWhat, Ceze, Hurricane Lily, KC, Rocketta, Rightous

1: Alek, Arn, Ayla, Bh440, Carot, Croat123, Cuckoo, Dawn Maree, E.Dementieva, Doris Loeffel, Fieke, Geewhiz, Gourownway, Jakeev, James, Janice Kersey, Jen&RobbyFan, JohnnyWeirFan, Josh, Kart, ManuelanMaggieLover, Nicoleke, Paul, -Ph51-, RayRob, SpikeyAidanm, Tennis2006, Tim Wilson, Valda Lake

KC is the 10th Tennis Poker singles multiple winner and only the second, after Ceze, to win back-to-back titles. :yeah:

DoctorG
Aug 25th, 2008, 01:07 PM

1: Arn, Jakeev, Tim Wilson

Jakeev is the 14th Tennis Poker singles #1! :cool:

DoctorG
Aug 25th, 2008, 01:08 PM

Jakeev – 1
GracefulVenus – 2
Tennis2006 - 3
1000 - 6
ViennaCalling – 33
No Mercy - 38

Updated after the 5th leg. :)

Congrats! :woohoo:

DoctorG
Aug 25th, 2008, 01:09 PM

4: Doris Loeffel & Brian Stewart, Fieke & James, Princess Fiona & Tetetubby, Rocketta & Rightous

3: CanIGetaWhat & ManuelanMaggieLover, Randy H & Polishprodigy

1: AlexSydney & Come-on-Kim, Arn & Josh, Arn & KC, CanIGetaWhat & Klok, CanIGetaWhat & SpencerCarlos, Per4ever & Fleemke2, Valda Lake & Tim Wilson, Yasmine & Kart

CanIGetaWhat is the first poster to win doubles title with 3 different partners: it's the first with Klok, but the 5th overall, joining Carot & The Crow at the top of the all-time list. :cool:

DoctorG
Aug 25th, 2008, 01:13 PM

6: Valda Lake & Tim Wilson , Geewhiz & Kuilli

1: Ceze & GracefulVenus , Doris Loeffel & Brian Stewart , Jakeev & -Ph51- , RayRob & Jacs

Jakeev and Phil are the 14th pair to reach doubles #1! :yeah:

All the current top 8 and more of a half of the current entry list have been at the top spot at least once in their career. :cool:

DoctorG
Aug 25th, 2008, 01:14 PM

3: Josh (with Arn), Rightous (with Rocketta), Ceze (2 with Tennace, 1 with GracefulVenus)

1: Jakeev (with –Ph51-)

Jakeev adds his name to this very restricted group of record-holders. :D

DoctorG
Aug 25th, 2008, 01:15 PM

Jakeev & -Ph51- - 1
Arn & KC – 11
Drake1980 & 1000 - 15

Updated after the 5th leg. :)

Congrats! :wavey:

The Crow
Aug 25th, 2008, 02:24 PM

Yes, when I'm retired, people will know me as 'that guy that played doubles with the famous Carot' ;)

Kuilli
Aug 25th, 2008, 07:00 PM
2 more legs at #1 in doubles. We need to catch Carot and the guy who plays with him. ;) I know we can do it!!! :D

DoctorG
Sep 15th, 2008, 10:55 AM

2: Brian Stewart, CanIGetaWhat, Ceze, Doris Loeffel, Hurricane Lily, KC, Rocketta, Rightous

1: Alek, Arn, Ayla, Bh440, Carot, Croat123, Cuckoo, Dawn Maree, E.Dementieva, Fieke, Geewhiz, Gourownway, Jakeev, James, Janice Kersey, Jen&RobbyFan, JohnnyWeirFan, Josh, Kart, ManuelanMaggieLover, Nicoleke, Paul, -Ph51-, RayRob, SpikeyAidanm, Tennis2006, Tim Wilson, Valda Lake

Doris joined Tennis Poker in the very first event in 1999 and she had to wait 8 years before winning the first singles title last year, but the second one has come after only a few months. :yeah:

DoctorG
Sep 15th, 2008, 10:56 AM

1: Arn, GracefulVenus, Jakeev, Tim Wilson

GracefulVenus is the 15th poster to reach the singles #1! :cool:

DoctorG
Sep 15th, 2008, 10:57 AM

1: Jakeev (with –Ph51-)

Other players at #1 in singles and doubles in their career but never at the same time: Rocketta, Tetetubby, RayRob, Arn, Tim Wilson, GracefulVenus.

Another great career achievement by GracefulVenus. :yeah:

DoctorG
Sep 15th, 2008, 11:42 AM

GracefulVenus – 1
Tennis2006 – 2
Doris Loeffel - 3
1000 - 5
Rvugt – 32
The Doctor - 33

Updated after the 6th leg. :)

Congrats everyone! :yeah:

DoctorG
Sep 16th, 2008, 12:20 PM

3: CanIGetaWhat & ManuelanMaggieLover, Geewhiz & Kuilli, Randy H & Polishprodigy

2: Ceze & Tennace, KC & ARANTXA:simply the best, RayRob & Jacs, Tia Clara & Gallofa

1: AlexSydney & Come-on-Kim, Arn & Josh, Arn & KC, CanIGetaWhat & Klok, CanIGetaWhat & SpencerCarlos, Per4ever & Fleemke2, Valda Lake & Tim Wilson, Yasmine & Kart

6th leg winners Geewhiz & Kuilli climbing up the all-time list. :yeah:

DoctorG
Sep 16th, 2008, 12:21 PM

7: Geewhiz & Kuilli , Rocketta & Rightous

1: Ceze & GracefulVenus , Doris Loeffel & Brian Stewart , Jakeev & -Ph51- , RayRob & Jacs

Carot & The Crow are now just one more leg away from current #1 Geewhiz & Kuilli. :cool:

DoctorG
Sep 16th, 2008, 12:22 PM

CanIGetaWhat & Klok - 7
Arn & KC – 9
Gallofa & Tennis2006 - 11

Updated after the 6th leg. :)

DoctorG
Sep 29th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I'm closing this thread as the stats will have dedicated threads.

Ranking history:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=357956