PDA

View Full Version : Kremlin Cup 2007

goldenlox
Oct 5th, 2007, 02:38 PM
This is Anna's first title defense, and she comes in with 3 losses in her last 4 matches, only beating Tu.
She's close to making the YEC, but it's more important that Anna plays well and finds a way to win matches.

GeorgianFan
Oct 5th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Давай Чаки! :bigclap:

Wintermute
Oct 5th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Anna should feel comfortable playing in her home city with a supportive crowd behind her.

But she could also be really nervous - it's her first big title defense and she'll be much more in the spotlight this time with the other players gunning for her.

I can't wait to see what the draw is like.

Pink Princess
Oct 5th, 2007, 11:19 PM
The Princess and Champion the last year returns to Moscow, Ladies Kremlin Cup!!!

Marvellous recollections the last year!!!

Henin withdrew.
1. Kuznetsova
2. Sharapova
3. Chakvetadze
4. S.Williams
5. Bartoli
6. Mauresmo
7. Schnyder
8. Vaidisova

cosmoose
Oct 6th, 2007, 12:20 AM
I don't expect Anna to defend successfully.
She is not playing very well. She'll be lucky to make it to the quarters

goldenlox
Oct 6th, 2007, 12:40 AM
It's possible Anna is worn down from a long year. When the YEC is over, she should take a nice vacation before she starts to train for 2008.

BUBI
Oct 6th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Anna will do well, at least to the semis, I think :bounce:

goldenlox
Oct 6th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Anna probably starts against Dinara

Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS [1] vs BYE
Gisela Dulko ARG vs Sania Mirza IND
Eleni Daniilidou GRE vs Vera Dushevina RUS
Alona Bondarenko UKR vs Marion Bartoli FRA [5]

Serena Williams USA [4] vs BYE
[Q] vs Michaella Krajicek NED
[Q] vs Elena Vesnina RUS
[Q] vs Nicole Vaidisova CZE [8]

Amelie Mauresmo FRA [6] vs Vera Zvonareva RUS
Maria Kirilenko RUS vs Agnieszka Radwanska POL
Martina Muller GER vs Dinara Safina RUS
BYE vs Anna Chakvetadze RUS [3]

Patty Schnyder SUI [7] vs Emilie Loit FRA
[Q] vs Elena Dementieva RUS
Viktoria Azarenka BLR vs Sybille Bammer AUT
BYE vs Maria Sharapova RUS [2]

BUBI
Oct 6th, 2007, 03:11 PM
It could be that Anna gets to play only russians in this tournament... Safina, Zvonareva, Sharapova, Kuznetsova... Not really home crowd advantage. But win over Mauresmo would be sweet.

goldenlox
Oct 6th, 2007, 03:26 PM
After what's been happening, Anna should go one match at a time. It won't be easy to beat Dinara.

Pink Princess
Oct 6th, 2007, 04:33 PM
C'mon Anna:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:She is the winner of last year and can win anyone in this Draw!!!

Wintermute
Oct 6th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Hmm, I guess it's hard to avoid playing other Russians at Kremlin Cup. Why does Anna always end up with Dinara in her draw at Moscow? If it is her I hope it goes like last year, that was a superb match that Anna played. Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about this draw, at least given Anna's recent form.

300 points to defend. This year that's equivalent to being the losing finalist. The important thing is get a couple of wins and lock down the Madrid spot.

RsaibotD
Oct 7th, 2007, 06:11 AM
It could be that Anna gets to play only russians in this tournament... Safina, Zvonareva, Sharapova, Kuznetsova... Not really home crowd advantage. But win over Mauresmo would be sweet.

I don't see Mauresmo getting the quarters...... play a tournament in your home is always different, I hope anna can feel good with her game and win some matches, good luck Anna;)

smokovec
Oct 7th, 2007, 07:07 AM
The same start of 2006, against Safina (or maybe Muller? :haha: :spit:).

I hope that Anna can play well this Match, because then the QF can be very difficult, everyone wins in this part of the draw.

The surface is more fast than Stuttgart, so Anna's shots are more dangerous, it's important she start with a convincing win (also for YEC Points).

goldenlox
Oct 7th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Last year Dinara had an illness and was awful. She's not playing that well, but Dinara will be better than last year.

goldenlox
Oct 7th, 2007, 11:23 PM
[3] Likhovtseva/Safina vs Chakvetadze/Zvonareva

peanuts
Oct 8th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Hmm, I guess it's hard to avoid playing other Russians at Kremlin Cup. Why does Anna always end up with Dinara in her draw at Moscow? If it is her I hope it goes like last year, that was a superb match that Anna played. Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about this draw, at least given Anna's recent form.

300 points to defend. This year that's equivalent to being the losing finalist. The important thing is get a couple of wins and lock down the Madrid spot.

I remember in an interview she said last year she just wanted to win her first match and then she got Dinara on the first round. :lol: She really didn't think she could win but she did win easily. I don't know if it will be the same story this year. I hope she wins but I think Anna is feeling the pressure of being a top 10 player. Last year all she wanted was to win her first match now she has to defend the title. Quite a leap she made.

She even has Sharapova again in her draw. :help:

I really don't believe Anna will pull a Nastya this year. Not with her recent form. I just want her to win a few matches and get enough points to have a YEC spot. I think this will lessen the pressure on her. It's pretty obvious with her fall schedule that she wants to get to Madrid. ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 8th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Anna will play her 1st match on Thursday as Safina match is on Wed.

good luck Anna :) :hug:

Frode
Oct 8th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Anna will play her 1st match on Thursday as Safina match is on Wed.

good luck Anna :) :hug:

Good luck indeed. I have say, I think Dinara will win it.
If she beats Muller, that is;) .

BUBI
Oct 8th, 2007, 07:16 PM
2 losses and you have given up all hope for Anna :silly:

I expect Anna to go far and beat Sharapova in the semi :bounce:

Wintermute
Oct 8th, 2007, 10:22 PM
[3] Likhovtseva/Safina vs Chakvetadze/Zvonareva

Anna and Vera together. :cool: Still assuming Anna plays Dinara in her singles she'll get a little look at how's she's playing tomorrow.

http://www.kremlincup.ru/www/foto/08.10.07/img_08.10.0715.jpg

And soup, I've definitely not given up on Anna. Doesn't she look like she's exuding confidence in this shot from her press conference?

goldenlox
Oct 9th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Anna is 100 safe points ahead of Serena, so if she goes further than Anna, Anna will drop to #7.
I'd just like to see Anna winning a match or 2, and not ending the year with a losing streak.

peanuts
Oct 9th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Soup we haven't totally given up on Anna, we just don't think she's playing as well as she did in the summer season. We all hope she can turn it around here in Moscow. :fingers crossed: ;) :)

Wintermute - That's a nice picture of Anna. And I like the jacket. I miss that old Adidas logo.

cosmoose
Oct 9th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Anna's jacket nicely sums up her play at the moment...its M.I.A. :sad:
Anna and Vera together. :cool: Still assuming Anna plays Dinara in her singles she'll get a little look at how's she's playing tomorrow.

http://www.kremlincup.ru/www/foto/08.10.07/img_08.10.0715.jpg

goldenlox
Oct 9th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Anna and Vera lost 63 63. Anna has tomorrow off, then plays singles Thursday.

goldenlox
Oct 10th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Anna plays Dinara, who won 61 63 today.

Pink Princess
Oct 10th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Anna win the Title and demonstrates that you are the Princess Russian in Moscow!!!

KV
Oct 10th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Good luck in your hometown. Opens her KC singles with tough match over Safina.

Pink Princess
Oct 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Not before 16:30 Women, Singles, Main Draw
Safina Dinara (RUS)
3 Chakvetadze Anna (RUS)

The Match on Eurosport as usual!!!

C'mon Anna:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

BUBI
Oct 10th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Everything is just like last year :bigclap:;):bigclap:

Wintermute
Oct 10th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Just like last year except Anna's had a long wait to get her first match. Actually she did play Dinara yesterday in doubles - Anna and Vera lost. :(

Anyone else worried by today's trend? Seeded players all struggled - in fact they mostly lost!

Anna needs to go out tomorrow and show why she's defending champ. Kick some butt! :)

goldenlox
Oct 10th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I don't care about the trend. I wonder how well Anna is playing.
Sharapova is slumping. Anna isn't playing much better. She has to play like the Peer match.
Since that QF, Anna hasn't played well.

peanuts
Oct 11th, 2007, 04:53 AM
As a good fan, I'll forget about her recent results and believe that she'll win today. :)

Go Anna!

BUBI
Oct 11th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Anna plays like s*** 2-3 :(

GeorgianFan
Oct 11th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Anna :unsure:

goldenlox
Oct 11th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Anna lost the first set 76(6), and now she's down 2 breaks in the 2nd, 03
Anna lacks confidence now. She probably should play Quebec. Get a win or 2.

goldenlox
Oct 11th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Anna has been broken all 3 times she served in set 2. She has to spend time with a coach.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 11th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Anna needs to take a break and just rest till Madrid

all this playing and doing nothing has cramped her brain.
Anna's playing as worse or worser than she was back in her slump.

since US Open her performances her dropped from top 10 to below top 100 standard.

she needs CHILL OUT time.

Foot's Fingers
Oct 11th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Anna lost//////

Sad

Seems the worst part of season

smokovec
Oct 11th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Afteral several great Months of tennis for Anna now she is completly falling down.

Anna, take a rest until Madrid and then return with fresh energies.

saint2
Oct 11th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Anna is totally useless now. She is 1-3 after USO (only player who she was able to beat was Melien Tu)...She made 43 UE today... With that game she wont be able to win a set during YEC Maybe she is tired now or sth like that? Good luck Anna, I hope you will find your form as quick as possible...

goldenlox
Oct 11th, 2007, 03:37 PM
This is mental. She almost beat Bartoli and Golovin made the final last week.
This match, she lost the first set and went haywire.
She needs to focus on one point at a time. And stay calm.

Pink Princess
Oct 11th, 2007, 04:00 PM
ANNAAA was not expecting the last 3 defeats!!! I am not accustomed Grrr:o Grrr:o Grrr:o

GeorgianFan
Oct 11th, 2007, 04:26 PM
AChak :sad:

RsaibotD
Oct 11th, 2007, 05:15 PM
This is mental. She almost beat Bartoli and Golovin made the final last week.
This match, she lost the first set and went haywire.
She needs to focus on one point at a time. And stay calm.

X2...... Anna:sad: , with this lose I think she'll play in Quebec.....

Wintermute
Oct 11th, 2007, 05:44 PM
:bigcry:

This brings back memories of two years ago. Anna has played a lot this year, she needs to take a break.

She might as well play Québec now, even though it is the week before Madrid, just to get some wins.

Frode
Oct 11th, 2007, 05:57 PM
This was just sad to see................:sad:
Like Goldenlox said, she has not played a good match since the US Open.

I hope she takes a break. If she shows up like this in Madrid bagels and breadsticks are all she's gonna get.

And her oncourt behaviour is.......well quite frankly pathetic:(

And I also agree it's mental. She does plays some great games here and there.

Let's hope she returns to her winning ways soon:)

Wintermute
Oct 11th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Eurosport just showed the match. It was horrible. :( And she had two set points as well.

The pressure of defending her title may have been her downfall. She just needs to forget about this now.

goldenlox
Oct 11th, 2007, 09:42 PM
She's letting pressure affect her too much. Just relax and keep the ball in play.

goldenlox
Oct 11th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Anna also has to spend time with a coach. Her volley could be better. And her serve has to be inspected by someone who really understands the mechainics involved.

The biggest problem is too many errors. Even if she just pushes down the middle, she has to lower the ue's.

GeorgianFan
Oct 11th, 2007, 10:12 PM
http://www.allsport.ru/index.php?id=9001

looks like Anna won't play Zurich

Wintermute
Oct 11th, 2007, 11:45 PM
http://www.allsport.ru/index.php?id=9001

looks like Anna won't play Zurich

Very sensible! This is what I hoped she would do. In her current state of mind it is likely she would lose to her first opponent in Zurich unless she got a really great draw. Linz will be easier to build up the confidence if she still intends to go there.

goldenlox
Oct 12th, 2007, 12:47 AM
I think for Sharapova, the right thing is to stop.
For Anna, she probably needs to play her way out of this, if she's healthy.

Tim_Danielafan6
Oct 12th, 2007, 07:46 AM
its hard to say, i mean chakvetadze has hit a slump, but coming off a great hardcourt season before US this is probably the first time ive seen her feel pressure, her mental status is quite fragile right now, and i feel for her, she needs to keep her emotions to herself to not let her opponent get that confidence, because safina can get down on herself too, i dont think she should play zurich, she needs a well deserved break.

smokovec
Oct 12th, 2007, 08:49 AM
A good decision is to play only in Linz in my opinion, in these days Anna can relax in Moscow and then coming to the YEC (if she is qualified) and playing there without pressure.

I think it's more a mental breakdown, becuase in Stuttgart Anna plays well against Golovin until the 5-2 in the first set and then start to makes errors after errors.

goldenlox
Oct 12th, 2007, 11:23 AM
She still hasn't clinched a YEC spot. If she skips Zurich and Hantuchova does well, she will have lots of pressure in Linz.
She needs any points she can get. For the YEC and next year's Olympics.

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 12th, 2007, 12:07 PM
rest is much more important than anything for Anna

Daniela if she makes YEC, that will be on her good form.
Anna cant play in her current mindset
and if she continues like she is, its gonna make her downward spiral even faster.

fresh mind and legs will make a better Anna.

goldenlox
Oct 12th, 2007, 12:12 PM
You don't give up because u lose to top 20 players like Golovin and Bartoli and Safina. She can rest after the YEC. Points are vital now. Zurich has plenty of points.

cosmoose
Oct 12th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Does Anna really need a break?
She's been playing 1 match per week lately...

OTOH, she may need a mental break.
Get all the negative thoughts out of her head!

Sharapower8
Oct 12th, 2007, 07:16 PM
I'm really sad for her :sad:

goldenlox
Oct 12th, 2007, 07:53 PM
There's nothing to be sad about. Anna is having the best year of her career.
But she's still learning, and Anna has to learn to forget a loss, and keep trying to improve.
You don't stop because you lost a match or 2. You focus in your practices and keep up the quest to improve.

smokovec
Oct 12th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Anna is out from Zurich, I hope this is sufficent to regroup for the last Matches of the Year.

And I agree with goldenlox, the best Year in the career for Anna, a critic moment in the Season can happens.

Wintermute
Oct 12th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Anna is not physically tired, she's mentally tired. Playing Linz should be okay as I think she can probably get a few matches under her belt. I still think she would be crazy to go to Quebec unless she's desperate for points.

goldenlox
Oct 12th, 2007, 10:23 PM
If she's not in that draw tomorrow, then she has a week off, Linz, a week off, the YEC, and 8 weeks off.
There's no reason to skip Zurich. The year's almost over. Lena and Maria and Sveta and Vera are all compiling points to make the Olympic team.

Tim_Danielafan6
Oct 13th, 2007, 02:29 AM
no i do think its a wise decision, really gives her time to regroup because right now shes not confident.

goldenlox
Oct 13th, 2007, 02:40 PM
The draw in Zurich is super tough. So it's okay to miss it. Really, the opportunity was here, Moscow. The easiest Tier I draw indoors.
Anna can take this week off and relax.

cosmoose
Oct 14th, 2007, 07:06 AM
I don't think Anna should worry about Olympics yet.
Ask any player and most would say grand slam is worth more than Olympic medal
I feel that Olympics would be a big distraction for US open preparation.
Anna got to SF at USO this year. Hard court suits her game the best.
For her career, my advice to Anna is to skip going to China and instead prepare in US for USO.

But this is all too far in the future.
Her immediate concern is to cut down on her massive amounts of UEs. Anna, without precise ground strokes, is merely top 50 players at best.
When she was winning earlier in the year, it was her ground strokes and ability to change speed and direction that compensated for her lack of power, serve, and net play.

Lets all pray that Anna gets her mojo back quick! :lol:

hu2891601
Oct 14th, 2007, 07:13 AM
^agreed. Olympics is too far, and not everything's about the Olympics. For tennis, only GS matters!

peanuts
Oct 15th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Good thing Anna is skipping Zurich. Losing early will be just another blow to her already fragile confidence.

As for the Olympics, I know for most tennis players GS is more important but I do believe Russian players put a lot of value to the Olympics, not more than the majors but it's still important to them.

Cosmoose - Yeah it's all about getting the mojo back! :lol:

itzhak
Oct 18th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Now it is official- Anna will be in YEC in Madrid...

saint2
Oct 18th, 2007, 04:49 PM
So she has 2 weeks to improve her game if she doesnt want to be YEC bitch...