BYE VS CHAKVETADZE, Anna RUS [4]

WILLIAMS, Serena USA VS BOVINA, Elena RUS
QUALIFIER VS GOERGES, Julia GER

BARTOLI, Marion FRA VS RADWANSKA, Agnieszka POL
BYE VS KUZNETSOVA, Svetlana RUS [4]

This is the bottom half. Golovin, then Ivanovic. Much tougher than Luxembourg

BUBI
Sep 30th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I don't mind it being tough. I want to see Anna beat the top players :)

goldenlox
Sep 30th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Ivanovic won Lux, she has to be tired. She might lose to Patty. So we might see Anna vs Serena in a SF

Pink Princess
Sep 30th, 2007, 03:33 PM
GOOD LUCK ANNA!!!:kiss: :hearts::inlove: :bigclap: :music:

Mercilessly Anna!!! Come On:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8875/333oizqet8.png

Pink Princess
Sep 30th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I agree, very interesting a SF Chakvetadze vs. Serena.

Wintermute
Sep 30th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Draw could be worse. I think Anna was probably annoyed with herself over how she exited Luxembourg so will be looking to make amends. She's next in line in the Race to qualify for Madrid so she'll want to do that here.

GeorgianFan
Sep 30th, 2007, 05:13 PM
good luck ACHAK :bigclap:

goldenlox
Sep 30th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I remember Tati beating Anna at the USO last year. So the first match is not easy.

hu2891601
Sep 30th, 2007, 06:54 PM
This entire Tier II draw is :eek: !!!

goldenlox
Oct 1st, 2007, 05:07 PM
Golovin won her 1st round match 61 61. She reached the final here last year and is very comforable on this court.

I think this is a tougher match than beating Bartoli. The way Anna played against Sveta Fran Tu and Bartoli, she won't go far in these indoor tournaments.

Anna is going to have to play much better to win rounds.

Wintermute
Oct 1st, 2007, 06:10 PM
I heard the courts here are quite slow which won't really suit Anna. And Tati will be really confident about this tournament. Anna's gotta show her class to get through this.

I'm not sure how many more points she needs to qualify for Madrid but I reckon it would be better if she could do it in Stuttgart rather than Moscow where there will already be massive pressure and a spotlight on her as defending champion.

Wintermute
Oct 1st, 2007, 06:17 PM
“We’ve built a new garage – there’s space for a Porsche”

Stuttgart. Anna Chakvetadze, the No 6 in the WTA World Rankings was present at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix’s All Access Hour to answer questions posed by the journalists. The 18-year-old Russian on...

...the tournament in the Porsche Arena:
“This is my first time in this great arena. I hit a few balls on Center Court this morning. The surface is good and suits my style of play. Things didn’t go that well in Luxemburg last week. But I hope, I’ll be back playing my best tennis again in the Porsche Arena.”

...her season up to now:
“It’s been a great year up to now. I’ve definitely had a kind of breakthrough this year. I was able to win four tournaments. At the Australian and French Opens I stood in the quarterfinals and played against Maria Sharapova on both occasions. Then at the US Open I was only beaten in the semis by Svetlana Kuznetsova. It was obviously a shame I lost to her. On the other hand it was a marvellous experience – it was my first grand slam semifinal. I won’t be taking things easy just yet. Being an athlete, I hope I can continue to improve and do even better on the tour.”

...the main prize, the Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet:
“I unfortunately bought a new car a few weeks ago. If I’d known earlier what a great car the Porsche is then there’d definitely be another car parked in my parent’s garage in Moscow. But the good thing is that we’ve just built a new garage. It’s got room for six cars and three are parked there at the moment. So there’s space for a Porsche.” :lol:

...her university studies:
“I’ve been enrolled at the University of Moscow since last year and am studying psychology. When I’m on tour, life is extremely strenuous at times so I write a few tests via Internet. On the other hand, it’s enormously helpful. I also learn things for my own game and life in general. It’s really enjoyable in the meantime. I always carry the books with me even if they often only lie in the corner for a few days without me looking at them.”

...the fact that she generally travels to tournaments without a coach:
“It hasn’t done my game any harm at all up to now. It’s how I’ve reached the Top 5 and I see no reason to change things. My mother and father alternate so there’s somebody accompanying me: I feel really happy with the way the things are.”

Porsche Tennis Grand Prix (http://www.porsche-tennis.de/prod/pag/tennis.nsf/web/english-tournament_pressreleases_T07_0020_en?OpenDocument&cont=news_topnews#pagetop)

Topspin2
Oct 1st, 2007, 07:32 PM
Good luck Anna!:bounce:

goldenlox
Oct 1st, 2007, 08:11 PM
Why doesn't she mention buying a car and building a new garage in her diary entries?

BUBI
Oct 1st, 2007, 08:25 PM
Why doesn't she mention buying a car and building a new garage in her diary entries?
This interview was obviosly scripted by the sponsor ;)

Pink Princess
Oct 1st, 2007, 09:19 PM
“We’ve built a new garage – there’s space for a Porsche”

Stuttgart. Anna Chakvetadze, the No 6 in the WTA World Rankings was present at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix’s All Access Hour to answer questions posed by the journalists. The 18-year-old Russian on...

...the tournament in the Porsche Arena:
“This is my first time in this great arena. I hit a few balls on Center Court this morning. The surface is good and suits my style of play. Things didn’t go that well in Luxemburg last week. But I hope, I’ll be back playing my best tennis again in the Porsche Arena.”

...her season up to now:
“It’s been a great year up to now. I’ve definitely had a kind of breakthrough this year. I was able to win four tournaments. At the Australian and French Opens I stood in the quarterfinals and played against Maria Sharapova on both occasions. Then at the US Open I was only beaten in the semis by Svetlana Kuznetsova. It was obviously a shame I lost to her. On the other hand it was a marvellous experience – it was my first grand slam semifinal. I won’t be taking things easy just yet. Being an athlete, I hope I can continue to improve and do even better on the tour.”

...the main prize, the Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet:
“I unfortunately bought a new car a few weeks ago. If I’d known earlier what a great car the Porsche is then there’d definitely be another car parked in my parent’s garage in Moscow. But the good thing is that we’ve just built a new garage. It’s got room for six cars and three are parked there at the moment. So there’s space for a Porsche.” :lol:

...her university studies:
“I’ve been enrolled at the University of Moscow since last year and am studying psychology. When I’m on tour, life is extremely strenuous at times so I write a few tests via Internet. On the other hand, it’s enormously helpful. I also learn things for my own game and life in general. It’s really enjoyable in the meantime. I always carry the books with me even if they often only lie in the corner for a few days without me looking at them.”

...the fact that she generally travels to tournaments without a coach:
“It hasn’t done my game any harm at all up to now. It’s how I’ve reached the Top 5 and I see no reason to change things. My mother and father alternate so there’s somebody accompanying me: I feel really happy with the way the things are.”

Porsche Tennis Grand Prix (http://www.porsche-tennis.de/prod/pag/tennis.nsf/web/english-tournament_pressreleases_T07_0020_en?OpenDocument&cont=news_topnews#pagetop)

Thank you very much for the Interview!!! Obviously she has so many activities, Tennis player, University student, touches the piano, Anna is simply marvellous.

Pink Princess
Oct 1st, 2007, 09:24 PM
Anna will play on Wednesday!!!

hu2891601
Oct 1st, 2007, 09:36 PM
Anyone know any livestream for this tournament?? :)

peanuts
Oct 2nd, 2007, 05:29 AM
:lol: at all the car talk. Pro tennis has been very good to Anna, a new car, a six-car garage. Nice!

I really think Stuttgart is one of the coolest tournament around with that prize they give away. Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet! Absolutely awesome. :hearts: Sorry if I'm digressing from the tennis talk. :lol: I just love cars! :hearts:

Back to tennis, I have a question, if Anna say, wins only 2 matches here and Moscow, will she be able to qualify for YEC?

And my thoughts on Anna winning this tournament...I honestly don't believe she'll win but still go Anna! ;)

hu2891601
Oct 2nd, 2007, 06:17 AM
I thought you won't be able to officially qualify ahead of the time unless you've reached 3000 points on the Race points, and Anna's still 400 points from that.. but I could be wrong..

Wintermute
Oct 2nd, 2007, 05:58 PM
Cute video posted by oris92 in the GM:

Interview at Stuttgart with Anna and Shahar for an Israeli documentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihtNbt7ORNw

03 RuleTheCourt
Oct 2nd, 2007, 06:06 PM
Actually posted this one in the Coctail Party Thread (D. Hantu):

Free streaming...

Eurosport : http://player.eurosport.fr/playlist.aspx?mode=live&id=6
Eurosport 2 : http://player.eurosport.fr/playlist.aspx?mode=live&id=7
Eurosport International : http://player.eurosport.fr/playlist....ode=live&id=12 (http://player.eurosport.fr/playlist.aspx?mode=live&id=12)

When you encouter an mms:// url, copy it, open windows media player, choose "Open URL" (or Ctrl + u)
and past the whole mms:// line in there, he should make fast contact to their livestream.

Greetings,
Ike

Pink Princess
Oct 2nd, 2007, 06:24 PM
Cute video posted by oris92 in the GM:

Interview at Stuttgart with Anna and Shahar for an Israeli documentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihtNbt7ORNw

Really charming!!!

Pink Princess
Oct 2nd, 2007, 06:24 PM
Wednesday October 3

Center Court (from 14.00hrs)

Radwanska vs. Kuznetsova

Chakvetadze vs. Golovin ***On Eurosport***

Come on Anna:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

peanuts
Oct 3rd, 2007, 03:36 AM
Golovin will be tough. Their H2H stands at an even 2-2.

GeorgianFan
Oct 3rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
6-7 0-0 after 5-2 :mad:

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2007, 03:48 PM
Anna gave away a big lead there. She's not playing well, and she won't go far in these indoor tournaments.
In the offseason, she might have to hire a coach. Her serve is too breakable.

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2007, 04:07 PM
from 52 to 67 13. Anna lost 7 of 9 games and a tb.

GeorgianFan
Oct 3rd, 2007, 04:10 PM
6-7 1-6 Anna :hysteric: :hysteric:

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Anna went in the tank. She gave up. That's an embarrassing loss for a player with her ranking in an early round match.

BUBI
Oct 3rd, 2007, 04:19 PM
She looked so tired :awww:

Pink Princess
Oct 3rd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Anna:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Pathetic Golovin only gives back the ball, she won for Anna's errors not for another thing:o :o :o

Now Ladies Kremlin Cup, Anna must gain points if wants to go to Madrid!!!

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2007, 05:04 PM
I thought after the Bartoli loss, Anna would fight to try to win a match. This is a bad sign. Anna is not playing well, and not fighting hard.

Wintermute
Oct 3rd, 2007, 06:09 PM
Aaargh! I'm getting flashbacks to two years ago and that miserable European indoor season. Should she have gone on the Asian tour?

The most important thing is qualifying for Madrid and not completely tiring herself out in the process. She's stumbling at the final hurdle. Didn't see the match today but from descriptions I guess she's really fatigued and didn't believe she could win in more than two sets. She's not exactly building momentum going into Moscow. :scared:

Wasn't Dinara chasing a YEC spot last year and then started suffering from exhaustion and her year was over? It would be dreadful if a similar thing happened to Anna.

At least the court in Moscow is a lot faster than Stuttgart. That really suits Anna's game. Hope for a kind draw now.

smokovec
Oct 3rd, 2007, 06:13 PM
Worst match in the last Months in my opinion because this time Anna gives easy the Match in the second set without fighting.

She plays nice for me to the 5-2 leading, then I don't know what it's happening, and yes Anna looks tired and she makes so many unforced errors.

Losing against a player like Golovin, that for me is nothing special is a bad signal for Moscow, I hope Anna can recovery and play much better!

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2007, 06:15 PM
Dinara got an illness. But she came back and had a lousy year.
I see that happening for Anna also. She won't stay in the top 10 playing like this.
That USO draw was a fluke. That's not a normal situation where you start against #457 and play a 16 year old and Peer in a quarter.

Normally you see players like Golovin in round 3 and draw Justine or Serena in a QF.

Wintermute
Oct 3rd, 2007, 06:49 PM
This loss wouldn't matter so much given that Anna's had a great season and it's drawing to a close. But she's maybe 200 points away from a spot in the YEC and she'll end up playing every week leading up to it in order to grab those points if she carries on losing early.

Ideally she would have qualified this week so could then withdraw from Linz and Québec. Anna needs to have a good tournament in Moscow no question.

goldenlox
Oct 3rd, 2007, 07:02 PM
I always felt like Anna was improving. Now, she's gone from Moscow champion to a player who probably will not do well there.

I would recommend Anna leaving the tour and taking a rest.
But there's so much money in being in the YEC, Anna will probably play every week. She won't win much playing like this.

Wintermute
Oct 3rd, 2007, 07:11 PM
Anna's had one of the best seasons of anyone - so consistent throughout the year. She deserves a YEC place. There's the money, the prestige and there's also 105 ranking points just for turning up.

Playing in Moscow with the support of the crowd will hopefully motivate her and she'll do well. I think it would be better if she doesn't draw another Russian in the opening round so she can have a really partisan crowd cheering her on.

03 RuleTheCourt
Oct 3rd, 2007, 07:17 PM
Anna will probably play every week. She won't win much playing like this.In points no indeed..
But i guess money wise the juice is worth the squeeze (in just participating) :) and after all it's all about enjoying the game
as long as she feels like playing, just let her.

Maybe giving her a good coach and a spartan training regime (like Daniela Hantuchova did/does) might help.

peanuts
Oct 5th, 2007, 05:50 AM
I really need to stop predicting that Anna will lose. Once again I have a strong feeling that Golovin can beat her and even predicted it in PAW. Lo and behold, Anna loses in an awful score. :lol: Really though I'm not too surprised that she lost early again. :shrug: Especially against Golovin who can play quite well when she's feeling fine. ;)

I think Anna's focus has wavered since her great summer season. Maybe she just needs to get settled to where she is right now in the game. Unfortunately, at this time losing focus means losing a chance to be in the YEC. I think though she'll get better in handling the pressure of being a top 10 player in the years to come. It would be gradual but she'll learn.

peanuts
Oct 5th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Been reading quite a bit in GM today and it seems like a lot are saying that Anna's place in the YEC is practically secured. I wonder how secured is secured?