PDA

View Full Version : Stuttgart Cheering Thread!!!

Watching
Sep 26th, 2007, 12:49 PM
The Porsche Tennis Grand Prix starts on the 1st October in 4 days!! Serena enters as the 8th seed (though Mauresmo is seeded above her? :confused: ) with the potential to earn ranking 220 points and $100,000. If she win's will she move up any places in the system it seem's like she's been 7th/8th for ageees!

Henin is also there which is a good chance to earn revenge on the lightning fast indoor courts though does anyone know what the surface is?

Anyway go Serena!! I hope you turn up in really good shape playing Serena tennis and no crappy topspin! :worship: :bounce:

doni1212
Sep 26th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Come on Serena take the title and beat Justine on the way!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Craigy
Sep 26th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Please play.

Watching
Sep 26th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Please play.

Yes please don't withdraw last minute !

FrchTwst
Sep 26th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Is Mauresmo actually going to be seeded above her??

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 26th, 2007, 06:08 PM
i would hope not!! but then again that may just have how the seedings would have gone when they all entered months ago....i hope she plays....she needs it desperately so as not to end her season on a somewhat downer after playing so brilliantly to begin it :)

Lulu.
Sep 26th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Please play Serena. :D

Jeff
Sep 26th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Serena has only played one tournament (after the U.S. Open) in the last two years. Hopefully she'll play.

Sep 26th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Come on Serena and play to your best abilities

Olórin
Sep 28th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Serena hasn't withdrawn yet?

I couldn't see anything.

So go Serena :bounce:

doni1212
Sep 28th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I wish there were pics of her arriving or something.

Ballbasher
Sep 28th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I've been there last year already and will be there again.I think the surface would be great for Serena I hope she plays

KennyChante4ever
Sep 28th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Go Serena! :)

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 28th, 2007, 05:03 PM
hopefully....haven't heard anything yet today....so i hope she's playing

Sep 29th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Come on Serena play, I'm thinking about changing my signature because I have looked up my tennis history and seen all the bad things that Justine has done

doni1212
Sep 29th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Come on Serena play, I'm thinking about changing my signature because I have looked up my tennis history and seen all the bad things that Justine has done

You should do that and put Serena at the top this time, ;)

Sep 29th, 2007, 01:45 PM
How do you like it now doni1212

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 29th, 2007, 01:51 PM
LOL that sig could work....especially for doni....but you might have to remove maria LOL jk :p (love ya doni...btw i'ma girl and i meant that in a non leasbian prison movie sort of way)

Olórin
Sep 29th, 2007, 02:01 PM
:lol:

How come you suddenly decided you didn't like Justine? Have you only just heard about "the hand" and other such incidents? :tape: :devil:

doni1212
Sep 29th, 2007, 02:14 PM
How do you like it now doni1212

I like it much better now, :yeah:

LOL that sig could work....especially for doni....but you might have to remove maria LOL jk :p (love ya doni...btw i'ma girl and i meant that in a non leasbian prison movie sort of way)

:p I can take a joke, lol.

:lol:

How come you suddenly decided you didn't like Justine? Have you only just heard about "the hand" and other such incidents? :tape: :devil:

Yeah, I wonder that too.

Donatello
Sep 29th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Everytime I see those Nike pictures...... dayum...

Soothing
Sep 29th, 2007, 09:21 PM
This is a video taken of Serena at the airport. Not really clear if she's headed to Stuttgart. The hair is :help:

http://youbeenblinded.com/

Olórin
Sep 29th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Yep Serena will be in Stuttgart soon ;)

Please get a good draw :unsure: I hope she is ready :rocker:

Btw that's a vid of her heading to Florida from L.A. Hopefully she is in the airport once again on a flight to Stuttgart :D

<Flirty_Girl>
Sep 29th, 2007, 10:46 PM
So, Serena is playing for sure? :D i missed her :awww:

BTW, hiya, fellow Serena fans :)

doni1212
Sep 29th, 2007, 10:50 PM
So, Serena is playing for sure? :D i missed her :awww:

BTW, hiya, fellow Serena fans :)

Hey, we welcome you with open arms!

<Flirty_Girl>
Sep 29th, 2007, 10:57 PM
thank u, Doni :) i wish our Princess all the luck and a good draw!

Olórin
Sep 29th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Hey there also, fellow Serena fan :D

Yep I missed Serena too, I especially miss the Serena from your avatar ;)

doni1212
Sep 29th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Hey there also, fellow Serena fan :D

Yep I missed Serena too, I especially miss the Serena from your avatar ;)

Same, but I hope that all that magic starts to come back this week. Once again, take the title Serena and beat Justine along the way!!

<Flirty_Girl>
Sep 29th, 2007, 11:09 PM
yeah beating Henin would give her more confidence! she'd beat her when motivated ;)

Olórin
Sep 29th, 2007, 11:12 PM
yeah beating Henin would give her more confidence! she'd beat her when motivated ;)

I like the way you think :cool:

<Flirty_Girl>
Sep 30th, 2007, 02:33 PM
finally, the main draw!!

(1) HENIN, Justine vs. BYE
SREBOTNIK, Katarina v. SAFINA, Dinara
MAURESMO, Amelie v. DEMENTIEVA, Elena
SAFAROVA, Lucie v. HANTUCHOVA, Daniela

(3) JANKOVIC, Jelena v. BYE
SCHIAVONE, Francesca v. PEER, Shahar
BONDARENKO, Alona v. QUALIFIER
MALEK, Tatjana v. PETROVA, Nadia

IVANOVIC, Ana v. SCHNYDER, Patty
QUALIFIER v. QUALIFIER
MULLER, Martina v. GOLOVIN, Tatiana
(4) CHAKVETADZE, Anna v. BYE

WILLIAMS, Serena :bounce: v. BOVINA, Elena
QUALIFIER v. GOERGES, Julia
BARTOLI, Marion v. RADWANSKA, Agnieszka
(2) KUZNETSOVA, Svetlana v. BYE

come on, Serena, you can reach the final and beat Justine to take the title :p :angel:

doni1212
Sep 30th, 2007, 03:03 PM
I like her draw. This should be a good tournament for Serena!!

Craigy
Sep 30th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Good luck Serena! :D

Sep 30th, 2007, 03:18 PM
To answer all of you guys questions I really have just read about the hand incidents, about what she said about Lindsay, and her injury timeout with Clijsters. I also don't want to support someone who lies and cheats her way to victory, and I also just like the power game much more. Is that good enough?

doni1212
Sep 30th, 2007, 03:47 PM
To answer all of you guys questions I really have just read about the hand incidents, about what she said about Lindsay, and her injury timeout with Clijsters. I also don't want to support someone who lies and cheats her way to victory, and I also just like the power game much more. Is that good enough?

What did she say about Lindsay? I don't remember.

The Daviator
Sep 30th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Great draw for Serena :D So glad she's in Europe, she'll likely play Moscow/Zurich now too...

What did she say about Lindsay? I don't remember.

She accused her of gamesmanship in Zurich in '02 when Lindsay took an injury time-out, I think that's what 1000 is referring to :o

BuTtErFrEnA
Sep 30th, 2007, 03:54 PM
she has a great draw!!! she should be well on her way to the finals!!! :woohoo: come on title #3 at last plz!!!

doni1212
Sep 30th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Great draw for Serena :D So glad she's in Europe, she'll likely play Moscow/Zurich now too...

She accused her of gamesmanship in Zurich in '02 when Lindsay took an injury time-out, I think that's what 1000 is referring to :o

Ok, thanks.

winone23
Sep 30th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Good luck Serena!!!

Sep 30th, 2007, 05:31 PM
That's exactly right The Daviator thanks for explaining before I got a chance too

Il Primo!
Sep 30th, 2007, 05:34 PM
The draw is sexy! Take advantage of it Serena, all your bitches are gathered in the bottom half!
Good luck!:rocker:

Ballbasher
Sep 30th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Serena looked very good at the Draw Ceremony love her new hair style :worship:

doni1212
Sep 30th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Serena looked very good at the Draw Ceremony love her new hair style :worship:

Where can you see pics at? What's her hair like now?

Sep 30th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Does she look in shape, any signs of any injuries? Give us some information please

Ballbasher
Sep 30th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Well for me she looked fit and happy talked to Petrova for most of the ceremony and smiled a lot her hair is Afro Style Loved it. She wore a pink jogging trousers(don'T know the english word :tape: ) which made her booty look great and a black nike shirt

Lulu.
Sep 30th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I can't wait :bounce:

doni1212
Sep 30th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Well for me she looked fit and happy talked to Petrova for most of the ceremony and smiled a lot her hair is Afro Style Loved it. She wore a pink jogging trousers(don'T know the english word :tape: ) which made her booty look great and a black nike shirt

Who else was at the ceremony? Was Justine there? Did they ignore each other?
Inside details please, lol!

Watching
Sep 30th, 2007, 09:36 PM
She turned up !!! and great draw for her. This is her best chance to get Justine back. Super fast indoor courts with her serve plus she is warmed up for sure when she is in final's.

Justine used to be scared of her. I want an in the zone performance in the final to get Justine back as scared as Maria is these days!

doni1212
Sep 30th, 2007, 09:52 PM
She turned up !!! and great draw for her. This is her best chance to get Justine back. Super fast indoor courts with her serve plus she is warmed up for sure when she is in final's.

Justine used to be scared of her. I want an in the zone performance in the final to get Justine back as scared as Maria is these days!

Same and I hope it continues throughout 08!

Brooklyn90
Sep 30th, 2007, 10:07 PM
I'm so excited! :bounce: I just hope Serena is healthy and plays well. It would be great if Serena and Justine wold face off in the finals. The only thing tha worries me about that is the slow court.

Sep 30th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Is the German court slow or is it super fast? Hopefully Serena can bring her good mood to the court and whip Justine in straight sets in the final if Justine can get there

doni1212
Sep 30th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Is the German court slow or is it super fast? Hopefully Serena can bring her good mood to the court and whip Justine in straight sets in the final if Justine can get there

I like that, :yeah:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 1st, 2007, 12:05 AM
the courts indoors are superfast.....that's why you would usually expect those that excel on grass to excel on them

urock34
Oct 1st, 2007, 01:22 AM
will serena play tomorow? or tuesday

Lulu.
Oct 1st, 2007, 02:10 AM
will serena play tomorow? or tuesday

Tuesday. :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 1st, 2007, 03:03 AM
i'll be here rena!!!!

Olórin
Oct 1st, 2007, 11:31 AM
I thought the US Open decoturf was supposed to play superfast as well? :confused:

I don't think surface matters that much personally, as Miami is a slightly slower hardcourt. What counts is form and class; if Serena shows these things, she can beat anyone, anywhere. But let's start with Bovina :woohoo:

LDF
Oct 1st, 2007, 11:49 AM
Last year, the courts in Stuttgart were moderately fast, but much slower than they were in Filderstadt. Anyway, as Serena-#1-Fan also said, I don't think the surface matters too much - Serena's good enough to beat anyone in the field when she's on her game.

Good luck to her :bounce:

KennyChante4ever
Oct 1st, 2007, 04:10 PM
Last year, the courts in Stuttgart were moderately fast, but much slower than they were in Filderstadt. Anyway, as Serena-#1-Fan also said, I don't think the surface matters too much - Serena's good enough to beat anyone in the field when she's on her game.

Good luck to her :bounce:

I thought Filderstadt and Stuttgart were the same place. :o

Go Serena! :)

maja.amelie
Oct 1st, 2007, 06:04 PM
Go Serena! I think she has great chance in Stuttgart and solid draw,so start rockin' Ree!:rocker:

Oct 1st, 2007, 08:38 PM
Come on Serena and dominate this tournament

Denise4925
Oct 1st, 2007, 08:48 PM
Come on Serena, I know that you can beat Justine. I'm not even worried about the rest of the field b/c you are heads and shoulders above them. But, I want you to go out there ready to beat that Belgium Bitch and let her know that you haven't gone anywhere and she is certainly NOT in your head.

Denise4925
Oct 1st, 2007, 08:53 PM
This is a video taken of Serena at the airport. Not really clear if she's headed to Stuttgart. The hair is :help:

http://youbeenblinded.com/

I don't see anything.

Olórin
Oct 1st, 2007, 08:54 PM
Im just waiting to see how Serena deals with Bovina, I hope she wins easily like 62 62, as her struggling in the early rounds of the USO turned out to be a very bad sign.

Olórin
Oct 1st, 2007, 08:54 PM
I don't see anything.

It's out of date anyway, it was when she was leaving L.A after the Kingdom premier.

Denise4925
Oct 1st, 2007, 08:57 PM

:rolleyes: Justine of all people to accuse anyone of anything is just beyond ridiculous.

Denise4925
Oct 1st, 2007, 09:09 PM
Im just waiting to see how Serena deals with Bovina, I hope she wins easily like 62 62, as her struggling in the early rounds of the USO turned out to be a very bad sign.

First, she struggled in the early rounds of the AO and progressively got better with each round. As she did in Wimbledon until she had a freak injury with the leg cramp and thumb sprain. Just bad bad bad luck. She couldn't really practice with the bad thumb going into the USO and I think with no play from Wimbledon until the USO she did pretty well getting to the quarters. It wasn't really the fact that Serena is struggling, she's just has to get some match play to get back to form. I believe in my heart of hearts that had she not injured herself at Wimbly, she would have whipped Justine. She just wasn't ready for Justine at the USO. Maybe if she could have played Justine in the finals of the USO, she would have played herself into form, but after only those few rounds to play Justine and she's coming off an injury, it wasn't going to happen.

Olórin
Oct 1st, 2007, 09:15 PM
First, she struggled in the early rounds of the AO and progressively got better with each round. As she did in Wimbledon until she had a freak injury with the leg cramp and thumb sprain. Just bad bad bad luck. She couldn't really practice with the bad thumb going into the USO and I think with no play from Wimbledon until the USO she did pretty well getting to the quarters. It wasn't really the fact that Serena is struggling, she's just has to get some match play to get back to form. I believe in my heart of hearts that had she not injured herself at Wimbly, she would have whipped Justine. She just wasn't ready for Justine at the USO. Maybe if she could have played Justine in the finals of the USO, she would have played herself into form, but after only those few rounds to play Justine and she's coming off an injury, it wasn't going to happen.

Well you know I'm not one to get negative about Serena. And I agree she would've stood a good chance to beat Justine at the USO had they not met early on.

But there's no denying her form at the USO was not spectactular. I don't think she really improved at all until the the 4r, her level was stagnant, whereas in Wimbly she got better each round, I mean 60 61 in the third round! And she would've whipped Justine for sure had she not been injured :( No doubt she would've closed out Daniela in two also.

Mina Vagante
Oct 1st, 2007, 09:28 PM
Well you know I'm not one to get negative about Serena. And I agree she would've stood a good chance to beat Justine at the USO had they not met early on.

But there's no denying her form at the USO was not spectactular. I don't think she really improved at all until the the 4r, her level was stagnant, whereas in Wimbly she got better each round, I mean 60 61 in the third round! And she would've whipped Justine for sure had she not been injured :( No doubt she would've closed out Daniela in two also.

:bounce: i was there:lol:

Denise4925
Oct 1st, 2007, 09:33 PM

I'm not denying that her form was less than spectacular at the USO. But, I'm saying there was a reason for this. She injured her thumb at Wimbly and could not practice, let alone play after the injury going into the USO. I think her form will be much improved going into this tournament.

ETA: Hopefully, Justine is going into this tournament with a false since of security and over-confidence if she and Serena play.

Olórin
Oct 1st, 2007, 09:34 PM
I'm not denying that her form was less than spectacular at the USO. But, I'm saying there was a reason for this. She injured her thumb at Wimbly and could not practice, let alone play after the injury going into the USO. I think her form will be much improved going into this tournament.

Yes I agree, match practice was definitely an issue at the open. Hopefully she will now be tuned up and good to go! :)

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 2nd, 2007, 01:55 AM
serena plays tomorrow :D

Oct 2nd, 2007, 10:23 AM
If she needed match practice do you think she got enough in the Open for this tournament or will she still be a little bit rusty

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 2nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
might be a little rusty but since i think she plays everyday she will play herself into form

Ballbasher
Oct 2nd, 2007, 04:49 PM
She won't play tomorrow on Thursday again and then every day ;)

StarDuvallGrant
Oct 2nd, 2007, 06:42 PM
Good luck, and I hope she enjoys herself and just opens up a new perspective on the tournament and remaining season. Always hoping for big things.

Watching
Oct 2nd, 2007, 06:54 PM
she is not playing bovina who withdrew but ondraskava but as i speak she is leading 5-0 advantage her.

hoping for the fistr evar double bagel! yuss

also paco do u hav a link for ur site?

dulkogii
Oct 2nd, 2007, 07:19 PM
Serena fantastic victory!

6-0 6-0

Watching
Oct 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
yay 6-0 6-0 but apparently i am wrong sorry it was 60-60 in 03 FO too so not her first.

Ballbasher
Oct 2nd, 2007, 08:38 PM
I'll see her Live tomorrow :D

doni1212
Oct 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
Good job Serena!

Brooklyn90
Oct 2nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Fantastic first win :yeah:

Craigy
Oct 2nd, 2007, 09:44 PM
I saw the match. She started off playing great. Taking the ball early, really attacking. Her forehand was going really well, lots of winners. Ondraskova couldn't really pose a threat to Serena. Serena served her way out of trouble when she needed to. Fastest serve was 200KMH I think?
Also the outfit was really nice. Much better than the US Open, the colours are nice. So overall a great start. :D

Soothing
Oct 2nd, 2007, 09:46 PM
Anyone have Serena's match from today?, if so could you post??

Oct 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Welcome Soothing to this message board. I've never noticed your posts before so welcome

Denise4925
Oct 2nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
I thought she was playing Bovina first. Anyway, great win with the Double Donut. :p

Craigy
Oct 2nd, 2007, 10:19 PM
I thought she was playing Bovina first. Anyway, great win with the Double Donut. :p

Bovina had to pull out, she has a foot injury or something I think.

Soothing
Oct 2nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks, for the welcome 1000!!

Brooklyn90
Oct 3rd, 2007, 03:02 AM
Who does she play next?
And does anyone have video? :)

darrinbaker00
Oct 3rd, 2007, 03:32 AM
Who does she play next?
And does anyone have video? :)
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/orderofplay/

winone23
Oct 3rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
Keep going Serena!

Olórin
Oct 3rd, 2007, 12:35 PM
yay 6-0 6-0 but apparently i am wrong sorry it was 60-60 in 03 FO too so not her first.

She also served a double bagel against Larisa Neiland in the 1st round of L.A 1998.

Serena quite often serves bagels and breadsticks, but the double bagel is quite rare for her. So Im enjoying it :bounce:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 3rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
:worship: hopefully this is a sign of things to come...may she continue this trend today

williams.i.am
Oct 3rd, 2007, 03:15 PM
get that porsche serena lol ;)

sweetpeas
Oct 3rd, 2007, 04:31 PM
Just have fun,Serena!!!!!!!!!!!!!One match at a time.

Watching
Oct 3rd, 2007, 05:21 PM
she faces kuznetsova probably in te 3rd round if she wins tonight ...good luck rena.

serena #1 fan btw im federer-williams :d

<Flirty_Girl>
Oct 3rd, 2007, 06:21 PM
good luck, Serena! you have to win the whole thing :angel:

dapxin
Oct 3rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
Does anyone have an Eurosport2 url where I can watch a live stream ?

I hate to miss this one again....someone please help

Oct 3rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Serena beat Vakulenko 7-5, 6-2 and will play Kuznetsova in the quarters on Friday!!

Ballbasher
Oct 3rd, 2007, 09:36 PM
Ok people here might hate me for saying this but Serena came across a little bit arrogant in some interviews but today she changed my opinion completely she was so great right after her match said nice words about Vakulenko's great play today but also saw her mistakes she didn't play her best many unforced errors but she was by far the best server out there in one game at 4-4 she hit 3 aces in a row and Vakulenko had to laugh after the third one.Serena also said a few nice words about Stuttgart.

dulkogii
Oct 3rd, 2007, 11:25 PM
Go serena!

good luck again sveta!

vettipooh
Oct 4th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Ok people here might hate me for saying this but Serena came across a little bit arrogant in some interviews but today she changed my opinion completely she was so great right after her match said nice words about Vakulenko's great play today but also saw her mistakes she didn't play her best many unforced errors but she was by far the best server out there in one game at 4-4 she hit 3 aces in a row and Vakulenko had to laugh after the third one.Serena also said a few nice words about Stuttgart.

Cool. It's all good. ;) Nice win for her today!! Now let's go Rena!! :banana: Kuzzy is up next...take it in style.:bounce: Those aces :hearts:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 4th, 2007, 02:00 AM
keep going serena!!!!!!! i hope she can do this in two on friday!!

StarDuvallGrant
Oct 4th, 2007, 03:28 AM
Does anyone have an Eurosport2 url where I can watch a live stream ?

I hate to miss this one again....someone please help\

I hope someone can. Tennis Channel is showing Bali and won't show anything current until this Saturday. Hopefully a livestream will solve this until then.

urock34
Oct 4th, 2007, 03:54 AM
get that porsche serena lol ;)

lol do you think shed take the car or the money?

MrSerenaWilliams
Oct 4th, 2007, 04:03 AM
the car for suuuuuure :cool:

williamsluva
Oct 4th, 2007, 05:29 AM

ETA: Hopefully, Justine is going into this tournament with a false since of security and over-confidence if she and Serena play.

Im sorry but that argument just doesnt hold any weight. She injured her Left thumb but she couldnt practice forehands? Or she couldnt work on her movement/agility (come on the footwork was horrible). And the very least she coulda done some forehand volleys and some smash work woulda helped keep the confidence in hitting over head which assists the serve (even though she couldnt toss the ball with the left hand). And its not like Serena and Venus have any advanced on court training, they said when they got to number 1 and 2 that their training consisted of hitting cross court and down the line, Theres no excuse there for not being able to do that on the forehand (which was her real weakness at the uso, she was pulling up on so many of her forehand cos she was hitting late and there was no confidence in the shot, Her backhand actually WAS the tougher side at that uso. And While it may be unorthodox for a power player, she definatley coulda worked on that backhand slice.

But I do agree she was underprepared in a big way at that uso and it was glaringly obvious, just dont agree with the excuse for why she couldnt practice AT ALL.

williamsluva
Oct 4th, 2007, 05:46 AM
A bit nervous about her playing Kuznetsova, just cos of what happened in china 04, Kuznetsova might be the same as Vakulenko but just more consistent, and able to play well from the start of the match. Shes got such a strong ground game and one of the biggest forehands in the womens game, also such a great mover. I really worry that this is gonna be a slugfest for serena and i dont think she will win this in straights. Especially since shes on a high from the USO final (although u wouldnt believe anyone could be on a high after that pitiful performance in the final) and Kuznetsova loves playing the power hitters....

Serena is in great form shes striking the ball FARRRR better than she did at the uso, only worry is how will her movement match up to Kuznetsova at this current time, since theres gonna be lots of big hitting and running, she COULD lose this, but even if she wins (I think shes mentally tough enough to take her out even though shes isnt in form like she was at Miami) it can be a taxing match. Still It looks like a cakewalk after Kuznetsova so a tough win could be a great thing.... just sooooo worried that Kuznetsova is gonna suddenly decide to play her best tennis against a great player and go out and make all her shots....

williams.i.am
Oct 4th, 2007, 10:45 AM
kuznetsova will be trouble for serena but i think serena gonna shift into the next gear and take her down.

dulkogii
Oct 4th, 2007, 02:32 PM
come on serenaaaaaaaaa !

Craigy
Oct 4th, 2007, 02:34 PM
lol do you think shed take the car or the money?

Good question. :p
I think she would take the car.

b_o_r
Oct 4th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Good question. :p
I think she would take the car.
Serena will probably take the money. In a press conference back in '02 or '03, she said she didn't like Porsches because they were to fast and she asked the reporters did they know anyone who wanted to buy a porsche off of her. It only had 5k miles on it:lol:

Watching
Oct 4th, 2007, 04:52 PM
lol thats funny b o r. but yeh it's much easier to buy one from the states if she takes the money or buy 1 even if she didn't win she got the money lol.

id like to say also since the 'get more active serena forum' thread that i think everyone has done a great job and it is alot more active these days.

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Im sorry but that argument just doesnt hold any weight. She injured her Left thumb but she couldnt practice forehands? Or she couldnt work on her movement/agility (come on the footwork was horrible). And the very least she coulda done some forehand volleys and some smash work woulda helped keep the confidence in hitting over head which assists the serve (even though she couldnt toss the ball with the left hand). And its not like Serena and Venus have any advanced on court training, they said when they got to number 1 and 2 that their training consisted of hitting cross court and down the line, Theres no excuse there for not being able to do that on the forehand (which was her real weakness at the uso, she was pulling up on so many of her forehand cos she was hitting late and there was no confidence in the shot, Her backhand actually WAS the tougher side at that uso. And While it may be unorthodox for a power player, she definatley coulda worked on that backhand slice.

But I do agree she was underprepared in a big way at that uso and it was glaringly obvious, just dont agree with the excuse for why she couldnt practice AT ALL.

:shrug: Well, you're entitled to your opinion. It wasn't meant as an excuse, but an explanation. However, if indeed her backhand was better, it's probably because that is her best shot anyway, and once it healed, she probably worked on that shot more than any other because she wasn't able to use it.

Who's to say that she didn't work on footwork or backhands or overheads during practice. I say she couldn't practice, but maybe she did and the non-existent match play was the key. A person can practice weeks on end, but when there is no matchplay, it's hard to come back and play high calibur tennis at that level, especially against the No. 1 player in the quarter-finals with really no test of her abilities until that round.

I find it's so ironic that some people find it so easy to criticize, when they have no idea what it's like to step out on a stage like that and play that calibur tennis in front of millions of people and all the pressure on the world on your shoulders to win or at least play at a high level and you haven't played but four matches since Wimbledon.

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2007, 06:22 PM
A bit nervous about her playing Kuznetsova, just cos of what happened in china 04, Kuznetsova might be the same as Vakulenko but just more consistent, and able to play well from the start of the match. Shes got such a strong ground game and one of the biggest forehands in the womens game, also such a great mover. I really worry that this is gonna be a slugfest for serena and i dont think she will win this in straights. Especially since shes on a high from the USO final (although u wouldnt believe anyone could be on a high after that pitiful performance in the final) and Kuznetsova loves playing the power hitters....

Serena is in great form shes striking the ball FARRRR better than she did at the uso, only worry is how will her movement match up to Kuznetsova at this current time, since theres gonna be lots of big hitting and running, she COULD lose this, but even if she wins (I think shes mentally tough enough to take her out even though shes isnt in form like she was at Miami) it can be a taxing match. Still It looks like a cakewalk after Kuznetsova so a tough win could be a great thing.... just sooooo worried that Kuznetsova is gonna suddenly decide to play her best tennis against a great player and go out and make all her shots....

Kuznetsova...a great mover???!!!:eek:

doni1212
Oct 4th, 2007, 06:43 PM
lol thats funny b o r. but yeh it's much easier to buy one from the states if she takes the money or buy 1 even if she didn't win she got the money lol.

id like to say also since the 'get more active serena forum' thread that i think everyone has done a great job and it is alot more active these days.

Yeah, thanks for that you guys!

doni1212
Oct 4th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Kuznetsova...a great mover???!!!:eek:

I love your new banner, Denise!

Mina Vagante
Oct 4th, 2007, 07:11 PM
She likes Mercedes:p
I'm just REALLY hoping the match is after 4PM. I haven't watched any of Serena's two previous matches live becuase of tennis training. Friday is my chill day and i'm really looking forwared to this match. I think the important stats will be the Winners/UE's ration and aces. I predict Serena will win in 2. Svetlana is one of them 'streaky' players.

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 4th, 2007, 08:33 PM
the match is last on!!

nice banner denise!!!! :eek:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 4th, 2007, 08:36 PM

LMAO!!! sorry....but kuzzy is NOT and i repeat NOT a great mover!!! and she does NOT like playing power players....unless that player is unable to move....re-evaluate and come again...

and denise was not making excuses....a reason being given does NOT = excuse.....a her reasoning is not flawed....

Denise4925
Oct 4th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I love your new banner, Denise!

Thank you :D

bake cell
Oct 5th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Is she going to meet Henin in the finals?:bounce:

Wish I could watch it! Things won't get better in the tennis sport, so it's no use in getting the tennis channel.

They have done a good job in destroying players freedom of expression, so noone is really looking at the sport like that. Who wants to be ordinary?

maja.amelie
Oct 5th, 2007, 11:29 AM
C'mon Rena :bounce:

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 5th, 2007, 12:25 PM
play has officially started today :)

winone23
Oct 5th, 2007, 12:52 PM
good luck today Serena!

starin
Oct 5th, 2007, 08:00 PM
That was a beatdown today. Could barely touch Svetlana. Serena needs :help: She's a shadow of what she was and is just tainting her legacy with her continued indifference and unwillingness to put herself 100% in to her tennis and her fitness!!!.

dapxin
Oct 5th, 2007, 08:04 PM
That was a beatdown today. Could barely touch Svetlana. Serena needs :help: She's a shadow of what she was and is just tainting her legacy with her continued indifference and unwillingness to put herself 100% in to her tennis and her fitness!!!.

Did you watch the match ? I was scouting the entire internet looking for a link, what channel broadcasts theses games ?

Back to Serena, she's really losing it. I am a big fan of Serena, but if I were her brother - I 'll sit her down, and tell her point blank - woman, you either commit to playing tennis or submit your CV to hollywood.

She's not focused anymore and that's why she is losing. I m glad I didn't have to sit through another Serena loss. Now, she'd better admit it, and not go near the lucky word again !

Il Primo!
Oct 5th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Horrendous news. I was not expecting that at all. Thanks God I didn't see the actual match! :o
She needs to get it together. Losing to Justine on hard was so-so but Sveta indoors, that's just too much.
What was wrong with her this time? I'm extremly surprised by the result, I took time to realise.

Do much better next time, Rena :hug:

RichyRena
Oct 5th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah Im upset serena lost aswell. She has the drive and the belief but she just needs to be 100% fit or at least more fit than she is now cuz she isnt able to run down everything and compete and win matches easily. But to be fair Kuznetsova really did play like she deserved to be Number 2 in the world, she was attacking and her serve was really good and consistant, unpredictible. Serena's forehand was off and she made a few too many UFE. Her serve wasnt good, at one point I think she was winning something like 38% first serve? thats just not going to win anything, also she went like 6 games with only winning about 3 points if that. I think to be honest serena wasnt ready for what kuznetsova was bringing today and was a bit shocked, as I was. So instead of saying oh serena should be more fit and all, which yes she should deffo and she has nothing to lose by doing it! she is getting in better form, she won a match this week 6-0 6-0 so obviously she was playing pretty good. I think this loss was a mix of Serena just having a bad day (due to being stunned by kuznetsova, similar to what happend at the FO with rat face) and Kuzzys performance she showed today. But yeah she can get fitter. Good Luck In Moscow Now Serena! x

dapxin
Oct 5th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Horrendous news. I was not expecting that at all. Thanks God I didn't see the actual match! :o
She needs to get it together. Losing to Justine on hard was so-so but Sveta indoors, that's just too much.
What was wrong with her this time? I'm extremly surprised by the result, I took time to realise.

Do much better next time, Rena :hug:

There lies the reason for our shock when Serena loses. She is an embodiment of many promises broken.

Save injuries, Serena's style & memories nearly planted us in the realm of near- invicibility. Every Serena fan was made to believe.

It does seem, that I-can-do-it-my-way sense is now being proven to be insufficient.

Serena needs greater motivation to commit to tennis. She's won the grandslams and it does seem, she's already living her life with tennis in the backyard. Secondary...

Not to blame her, she has every right to choose the way her life progresses, but she's causing so much heartbreak for her fans - at least me.

I think the Aussie win has now turned out to be a damaging win...

StarDuvallGrant
Oct 6th, 2007, 03:36 AM
I wouldn't give the Aussie win away for anything. It happened and she earned it. She hasn't been able to maintain that drive and passion the whole year even with it being a better year than 2006. The Serena story will be over when she puts the racket up. Until then it's another part of her journey.

Watching
Oct 6th, 2007, 07:45 AM
her footwork was :help: :help: :help:

i really hope she goes to moscow

atleast she has shown willing to play and get more matchplay by even turning up to europe

patch.
Oct 6th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Highlights of her match vs. Kuznetsova

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ey8Yb5AcOMs&mode=user&search=

williamsluva
Oct 6th, 2007, 11:00 AM
:shrug: Well, you're entitled to your opinion. It wasn't meant as an excuse, but an explanation. However, if indeed her backhand was better, it's probably because that is her best shot anyway, and once it healed, she probably worked on that shot more than any other because she wasn't able to use it.

Who's to say that she didn't work on footwork or backhands or overheads during practice. I say she couldn't practice, but maybe she did and the non-existent match play was the key. A person can practice weeks on end, but when there is no matchplay, it's hard to come back and play high calibur tennis at that level, especially against the No. 1 player in the quarter-finals with really no test of her abilities until that round.

I find it's so ironic that some people find it so easy to criticize, when they have no idea what it's like to step out on a stage like that and play that calibur tennis in front of millions of people and all the pressure on the world on your shoulders to win or at least play at a high level and you haven't played but four matches since Wimbledon.

Well if she was working on on her footwork or her forehand or any of that stuff then all of those things would have been far better in her matches, True it woulda been tough for her to pull out that one against Henin, but im talkin the first couple rounds, even when the scoreline showed "easy" victorys for her she still always looked uncomfortable, flat footed, and as if she was hitting the ball late. True she could have practiced a bit, but from the way she looked with that constant pulling up on the forehand, she definatley wasnt practicing with the necessary intensity, and the movement is just the dead give away, its never looked as good as at Miami this year (Not even as good as the aussie).

Again im not saying that training 7 hours a day 5 days a week (with a very focussed high intensity practice schedule) would DEFINATLEY won her that match against henin(You are right, the match play showed up when serena was about to close out that 1st set against henin even though We williams fans are set in the belief that they dont need match play to win important matches), but there would have been A Difference.

And its "easy to criticize" when u know what your looking for, what should be there. I didnt expect her to come out and completley blast anyone off the court with scorching winners, but her basic shots werent there, her movement around the court and her positioning on MANY shots, those are the things that should have been there and werent.

BTW how is it ironic? Its ironic that Henin always seems to be perfectly fine when shes winning but when shes about to go down a double break in the 3rd set she takes a fall and then doesnt get up for 10 minutes (As if injured) without a word to the umpire or trainer as to whether she is alright, then getting up and somehow being able to run at full flight for the next 2 games. But I dont see how any critique of serena's form could be "ironic".

oh and when i said Kuznetsova was a good mover i was thinking of Petrova, shes the "fast" one outta the russians who chokes (I confuse those 2

williamsluva
Oct 6th, 2007, 11:02 AM
her footwork was :help: :help: :help:

i really hope she goes to moscow

atleast she has shown willing to play and get more matchplay by even turning up to europe

I think the signs were there in that vakulenko match, when the chick started hitting away from serena and testing her movement, there were probs, not that shes got "major probs" ala 06 USO or somethin, just that shes not serena 07 Miami or serena Aus Open 07.

Olórin
Oct 6th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Serena :rolleyes: Yes her movement was poor, but it's her ground game that is destroying her. Sveta played really well, and has a massive forehand etc. but Serena should be able to outhit Sveta. Serena is not explosive off the ground at the moment, in fact she seems to have minimal faith in her ground strokes.

She should go to Moscow, she needs the match play. She should still be able to beat most people there. If she loses well, hopefully these losses will inspire her to dedicate herself more to tennis.

b_o_r
Oct 6th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Serena :rolleyes: Yes her movement was poor, but it's her ground game that is destroying her. Sveta played really well, and has a massive forehand etc. but Serena should be able to outhit Sveta. Serena is not explosive off the ground at the moment, in fact she seems to have minimal faith in her ground strokes.

She should go to Moscow, she needs the match play. She should still be able to beat most people there. If she loses well, hopefully these losses will inspire her to dedicate herself more to tennis.

Serena's ground game is terrible because her footwork and movement is atrocious. She moved and set up her shots better as a "butterball" in Australia than she has at any point since her weightloss starting in Miami. :help:

winone23
Oct 6th, 2007, 08:01 PM
rest up Serena and come back stronger!

BuTtErFrEnA
Oct 7th, 2007, 12:22 AM
serena.....why is she not confident in her game?? hopefully moskva helps her rebuild some confidence cause she needs it....i think it all started at Wimby when she injured herself and then had to work too hard to win then the jh match which she probably would have won had it not been for the missing bh....or maybe it started at RG with the horrible loss....hopefully moskva can reignite the fire she had at the beginning of the year...

dulkogii
Oct 7th, 2007, 03:10 AM
no problem serena!

Olórin
Oct 8th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Serena's ground game is terrible because her footwork and movement is atrocious. She moved and set up her shots better as a "butterball" in Australia than she has at any point since her weightloss starting in Miami. :help:

While that is true to an extent, look back her matches of the US Open in 2005, her movement was awful there, yet her groundstrokes were much more penetrating than they are now, she also used angles a lot more than she seems to be at the moment.

Olórin
Oct 8th, 2007, 11:18 AM
serena.....why is she not confident in her game?? hopefully moskva helps her rebuild some confidence cause she needs it....i think it all started at Wimby when she injured herself and then had to work too hard to win then the jh match which she probably would have won had it not been for the missing bh....or maybe it started at RG with the horrible loss....hopefully moskva can reignite the fire she had at the beginning of the year...

I am really trying to pin point where it all went wrong. I just don't get it :shrug: Definitely though since Wimbledon she hasn't been the same, she could've won both Wimbledon and the French, she was playing well enough to. But since August she has been playing more like the number ten player in the world, than the top two player she was before.

williamsluva
Oct 14th, 2007, 02:34 AM
I am really trying to pin point where it all went wrong. I just don't get it :shrug: Definitely though since Wimbledon she hasn't been the same, she could've won both Wimbledon and the French, she was playing well enough to. But since August she has been playing more like the number ten player in the world, than the top two player she was before.

Did u think she was able to win the french? I honestly dont know if she could have beaten Ho-bag... i mean henin, she wasnt moving well on the clay and she wasnt using her angles or anything as she had been earlier in the year. But then i guess that was probably her nerves cos she did look "off" in that match, and henin was the one who was scared. I thought that wimbledon was definatley gonna be hers (at least the finals)... U know your right, the way she and henin had such a close match at the french inspite of serenas lack of fire or confidence, yeh She probably coulda won it... Thats the past now :( Its gonna make revenge even sweeter am i right?