PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay will play in Québec City!

LindsayRulz
Sep 19th, 2007, 11:13 PM
thats what they say on rds.ca :)

hurricanejeanne
Sep 20th, 2007, 01:02 AM
:banana: Hopefully she actually plays this and wins it!

Lindsayfanumber1
Sep 20th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Great news! :D
:banana:

lindsayno1
Sep 20th, 2007, 10:15 AM
hopefully this is to get her ranking up to be seeded for AO!

Lindsayfan32
Sep 20th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I just read in a net article that Lindsay may play one more event before the end of year. The way she's playing she'd be mad not to with the form she showing.

Sep 20th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I hope if she can win in Beijing and in Canada the Aussie Open Seeding Comitee will look to give her a seeding, albeit even if it is low

hu2891601
Sep 21st, 2007, 04:39 AM
I'm wondering what other tournament is Lindsay going to play other than Quebec City?? or that's it for this year?

#1SteffiGraf#1
Sep 21st, 2007, 06:16 AM
Good luck Lindsay...I agree with the poster who said she is doing this with a keen eye on Australia. While everyone else is shuting it down for a few months, Lindsay will be in top shape.

Itll be like being in Wimbledon form IN JANUARY...

...then take off clay court season to rest up...then play Wimbledon + hardcourts!

LindsayfanTV
Sep 21st, 2007, 07:40 AM
Good luck Lindsay...I agree with the poster who said she is doing this with a keen eye on Australia. While everyone else is shuting it down for a few months, Lindsay will be in top shape.

Itll be like being in Wimbledon form IN JANUARY...

...then take off clay court season to rest up...then play Wimbledon + hardcourts!

Fantastic news for this year to see Linds play another tourney ~ but great prep for Oz!:bounce: :bounce:

FrchTwst
Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:01 AM
Awesome!! I really hope she plays in Quebec City and a few tournaments before the Australian Open. She has to at least try and get seeded. But even if she isn't seeded, she will probably still make Round of 16 at the least.

Lindsayfan32
Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:49 AM
I hope if she can win in Beijing and in Canada the Aussie Open Seeding Comitee will look to give her a seeding, albeit even if it is low

Unless Lindsay is ranked 32 or higher the week before the Aussie open she will be unseeded. The seedings for the Aussie open are done strictly by the rankings the week before the tournament starts.

Elldee
Sep 24th, 2007, 12:55 AM
I hope Lindsay will be seeded top 8 at wimbledon, whatever her ranking. Assuming her form is still as impressive, of course.

hu2891601
Sep 24th, 2007, 06:36 AM
I really hope Lindsay will get seeded at AO!! but if she only plays Quebec City.. then the chance is very small :(

If she doesn't get seeded, she might draw Henin in the first round..:sad: but other than that, i see her beating anyone though! :cool:

LethalLindsay
Sep 24th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Guess who just got the week off to drive to Quebec City????????? Will say hi for all of you and get lots of stuff signed! SO excited.

John.
Sep 24th, 2007, 07:26 PM
:woohoo:Hopefully she will be seeded at AO

The Daviator
Sep 24th, 2007, 10:26 PM
She won't be seeded, she needs to jump up like 120 spots to get a seeding :lol: Which is a shame since the AO will be played on a much quicker surface next year, and she'll probably get Justine in the 2nd round, I'd love her to fall in a Jankovic-Chakvetadze quarter :angel: :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 24th, 2007, 11:25 PM
She won't be seeded, she needs to jump up like 120 spots to get a seeding :lol: Which is a shame since the AO will be played on a much quicker surface next year, and she'll probably get Justine in the 2nd round, I'd love her to fall in a Jankovic-Chakvetadze quarter :angel: :lol:

:lol: I know! Seems like the draw gods just have to put Lindsay and Justine in the same section of slams, particularly that at Australian.
I just hope Lindsay actually plays Quebec and does well there. I hope she also plays a warm up tournament prior to the Australian (and not a exo :p). I'm so excited for next year! :bounce:

The Daviator
Sep 24th, 2007, 11:35 PM
:lol: I know! Seems like the draw gods just have to put Lindsay and Justine in the same section of slams, particularly that at Australian.
I just hope Lindsay actually plays Quebec and does well there. I hope she also plays a warm up tournament prior to the Australian (and not a exo :p). I'm so excited for next year! :bounce:

Me too! She'll win all her fave events again - Indian Wells :hearts: Amelia Island :hearts: Roland Garr...:unsure:

I agree, she should definitely play Gold Coast or Auckland, instead of HK :o Get that title count up to 60 :angel:

hurricanejeanne
Sep 25th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Me too! She'll win all her fave events again - Indian Wells :hearts: Amelia Island :hearts: Roland Garr...:unsure:

I agree, she should definitely play Gold Coast or Auckland, instead of HK :o Get that title count up to 60 :angel:

I would love to see her play Amelia Island again. I actually wouldn't mind her playing Roland Garros again, just for the hell of it. I'm looking forward to next year in general, but I really want to watch her play on TV again. It feels like forever since I've seen her play.

Oh, and then there's Wimbledon :hearts:

lindsayno1
Sep 25th, 2007, 07:47 AM
i highly doubt she'll bother with RG...why waste her energy on something that shes never gonna win?! On the other hand, shes defending naff all - so its easy ranking points for london town!

Andrew..
Sep 25th, 2007, 03:01 PM
She'll probably play HK again. Without Kim, she probably wins that.

Next year, I see her playing quite a bit, including the green clay events in the US.

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 27th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I'm really excited about Lindsay chances at 2008 AO- I think she can win this.

ChampLindsay
Oct 4th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Venus talks about Lindsays Comeback in her bloq this week on wtatour.com...

Something else exciting I'd like to comment on is Lindsay's return to the Tour. I think it's just amazing, more than I would ever dream of doing myself. I mean, if I were to become a mom I'd want to be the Posh Spice mom: in my sunglasses, extra fit, jet setting without a care in the world. I can't imagine becoming a mom then coming back and doing so well so quickly. I haven't had the chance to talk to her since her return, but I'm following it and it's awesome. And she wants to play in the Olympics next year, too, so that's obviously great for the United States.

Andrew..
Oct 4th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Nice words. :)

I wonder if Serena will comment at all this week. Lindsay's always seemed closer to her than with Venus.

hurricanejeanne
Oct 4th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Venus talks about Lindsays Comeback in her bloq this week on wtatour.com...

Something else exciting I'd like to comment on is Lindsay's return to the Tour. I think it's just amazing, more than I would ever dream of doing myself. I mean, if I were to become a mom I'd want to be the Posh Spice mom: in my sunglasses, extra fit, jet setting without a care in the world. I can't imagine becoming a mom then coming back and doing so well so quickly. I haven't had the chance to talk to her since her return, but I'm following it and it's awesome. And she wants to play in the Olympics next year, too, so that's obviously great for the United States.

Very sweet words from Venus. :D

Oct 11th, 2007, 09:48 PM
If Lindsay wins Quebec is there a possibility her ranking will jump into the top 100

LindsayRulz
Oct 11th, 2007, 09:51 PM
If Lindsay wins Quebec is there a possibility her ranking will jump into the top 100

If she wins Québec she'll be around #75.

Oct 14th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the info LindsayRulz

tamwilltan
Oct 20th, 2007, 08:18 AM
the title will be ours

Oct 20th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Come on Lindsay

Lindsayfan32
Oct 22nd, 2007, 10:48 PM
I know this might sound like a dumb question. Does anyone know if Lindsay has officially entered Quebec? As there been no news about it. Lindsay has said in recent interview that was going to play but that's as far as it has gone.

The Daviator
Oct 23rd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Well she's on the list on the official website and the tournament director has confirmed she'll be there, but I don't think she's on the entry list :scratch: She may have an exemption, old Larry might have hooked Lindsay up with a deal on entering events now that she's back :lol:

Lindsayfan32
Oct 23rd, 2007, 03:52 AM
Well she's on the list on the official website and the tournament director has confirmed she'll be there, but I don't think she's on the entry list :scratch: She may have an exemption, old Larry might have hooked Lindsay up with a deal on entering events now that she's back :lol:

Thanks Daviator I thought that was the case but I wasn't sure. I saw the official site. The reason I asked as Lindsay's participation hasn't been used to promote the event and thought it would've been.

We know for sure sometime this weekend when the draw comes out.

cheo23
Oct 23rd, 2007, 04:14 AM
http://www.challengebell.com/challengebell/?module=players&id=7#

LindsayRulz
Oct 26th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Chakvetadze, Cibulkova and Dechy OUT.

Now the seeds are :

1- Vaidisova
2- Zvonareva
3- Vakulenko
4- Tu
5- Poutchkova
6- Govortsova
7- Cornet
8- Kerber

The Daviator
Oct 26th, 2007, 09:19 PM
MD is out! Lindsay plays Kerber in the first round, and can't play Vaidisova until the final :banana:

LDF
Oct 26th, 2007, 09:24 PM
MD is out! Lindsay plays Kerber in the first round, and can't play Vaidisova until the final :banana:

:woohoo:

The Daviator
Oct 26th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Draw in full :p

(1)Nicole Vaidisova vs Renata Voracova
Anne Kremer vs Vania King
Maret Ani vs Q
Q vs (6)Alize Cornet

(3)Julia Vakulenko vs Rossana De Los Rios
Q vs (wc)Stephanie Dubois
Ahsha Rolle vs Sunitha Rao
Jorgelina Cravero vs (5)Olga Govortsova

(7)Angelique Kerber vs (wc)Lindsay Davenport
Aleksandra Wozniak vs Ashley Harkleroad
Yaroslava Shvedova vs Stephanie Foretz
Tatjana Malek vs (4)Meilen Tu

(8)Olga Poutchkova vs Q
Jill Craybas vs Lilia Osterloh
(wc)Marie-Eve Pelletier vs Severine Bremond
Catalina Castano vs (2)Vera Zvonareva

hurricanejeanne
Oct 26th, 2007, 09:37 PM
The draw is pretty nice for Lindsay. Really only Bepa and Nicole could trouble Linds, if Linds isn't playing that well.

Here's hoping for another successful tournament for Lindsay! :banana: :title53: :p

Lindsayfan32
Oct 26th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the draw Daviator. Nice draw too. Lindsay has a good chance of doing quite well with that draw hopefully title 53 to equal Monica's titles.

MH0861
Oct 27th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Maybe she will double bagel Ash in R2 again :hearts:

dybbuk
Oct 27th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Maybe she will double bagel Ash in R2 again :hearts:

This draw is begging for some old-fashioned Lindsay double bagels. :lol:

Come on Lindsay, perfect draw for title No.53. :banana:

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 27th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Good Luck, Lindsay :rocker2:

Oct 27th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Come on Lindsay!! What is her career record against Kerber

LDF
Oct 27th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Come on Lindsay!! What is her career record against Kerber

They've never played before. ;)

mike/topgun
Oct 27th, 2007, 03:29 PM
That's a decent draw indeed. Buit I'm afraid of Vera who is always a tricky opponent for Lindsay, especially when she's in a good form/not making tones of UEs - who can remember some matches from AI and Wimbledon. And then a possible final should neither be a cakewalk.
It's Lindsay and I'm almost 100% sure she's gonna show up in a good form, therefore should not have troubles to win the title no 53.;)

MH0861
Oct 27th, 2007, 05:49 PM
L. Davenport wins QC losing 5 games the whole tournament :hearts:

LindsayRulz
Oct 27th, 2007, 06:07 PM
The tournament director just talked on RDS (a French sport channel here)and he said that he talked with Lindsay recently and she seemed really serious about Québec and about her comeback on tour.

I'm afraid of Zvonareva :unsure:

hurricanejeanne
Oct 27th, 2007, 06:49 PM
The tournament director just talked on RDS (a French sport channel here)and he said that he talked with Lindsay recently and she seemed really serious about Québec and about her comeback on tour.

I'm afraid of Zvonareva :unsure:

Exciting to hear Lindsay's serious about this comeback. :bounce:

Zvonareva is going to be tough, especially if she's playing well because she really doesn't have a weakness other than her own head. A final with Vaidisova (if she makes the flight across the pond) will be interesting because they haven't played in a tour match in over two years.

Hopefully, Lindsay is ready to go. :D

MH0861
Oct 27th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Oh please people :p If Lindsay loses to Vera indoors she shouldn't even bother coming back in 08 :p :lol:

Oct 28th, 2007, 02:12 AM
MH0861 I love your confidence and it will go from your mouth to God's ears or whatever you believe in

The Daviator
Oct 28th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Oh please people :p If Lindsay loses to Vera indoors she shouldn't even bother coming back in 08 :p :lol:

Right :lol: Linds should be even better now than in Asia presuming she's been in the gym during her break and she did kill that girl in the exo a week ago :lol:

Lindsay should win this week without too much trouble, but Vera/Nicole could test her.

MH0861
Oct 28th, 2007, 03:35 AM
MH0861 I love your confidence and it will go from your mouth to God's ears or whatever you believe in

I believe in the power of the pacifier! LINDS IS MY GOD! :D

Oct 28th, 2007, 05:56 PM
I hope Lindsay has arrived in Canada by now

LADL
Oct 29th, 2007, 06:47 AM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z266/exposbabe/Davenport2.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z266/exposbabe/Davenport.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z266/exposbabe/Davenport34.jpg

http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/photos/opencourt/images/136826/original.aspx

http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/photos/opencourt/images/136828/original.aspx

http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/photos/opencourt/images/136827/original.aspx

http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/blogs/opencourt/archive/2007/10/28/davenport-is-in-da-house.aspx

LADL
Oct 29th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Here are a few videos of Lindsay practising on Sunday!

http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/blogs/opencourt/archive/2007/10/28/davenport-in-action-video.aspx

Lindsayfan32
Oct 29th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Thanks for posting LADL. I really like the headline that came with blog entry and pics. I've followed Lindsay for nearly her whole career and I've seen a headline Davenport in DA house before.

Elldee
Oct 29th, 2007, 01:15 PM
She looks stunningly fit and trim. She just looks amazing, hitting well. CAN'T WAIT.

The Daviator
Oct 29th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Oh good she's there :lol:

She looks much fitter now than in Bali :bounce:

hurricanejeanne
Oct 29th, 2007, 08:34 PM
She looks great! :inlove: I'm still amazed at how fast she's gotten in shape since having Jagger.

dybbuk
Oct 29th, 2007, 08:38 PM
She looks amazing. :hearts:

LADL
Oct 29th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Here is an interview with Lindsay.

http://sport.sympatico.msn.ca/Autres/ChallengeBell/Video.htm

Oct 29th, 2007, 09:27 PM
She is dedicated to get back to the top of the rankings

LDF
Oct 29th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Lindsay looks fantastic. :hearts:

Thank you for the pictures and the interview, LADL. :yeah:

The Daviator
Oct 29th, 2007, 09:32 PM

She striking the ball so well :drool: Can't wait for her matches to start :bounce:

LindsayRulz
Oct 29th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Lindsay looks in good shape :)
Thanks for posting the pics and interview LADL :worship:

LADL
Oct 29th, 2007, 11:16 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3296/33709558wa4.jpg

LindsayRulz
Oct 29th, 2007, 11:19 PM
OMG Lindsay is with Patrick Roy! :eek: (retired hockey player)

LindsayRulz
Oct 29th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Those new smileys :help:

Here is a French Lindsay article :

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/20071029-084601-g.jpg

Avec l'arrivée de Jagger Jonathan Leach dans la famille, en juin dernier, Lindsay Davenport doit composer avec son nouveau rôle de mère de famille tout en poursuivant sa carrière au tennis.

Forcée de se retirer momentanément des courts, la réputée athlète a repris la compétition en août dernier, pour se retrouver sur le parquet en prévision de la quinzième édition du Challenge Bell, où elle représente la principale tête d'affiche, même si elle ne fait pas partie des joueuses semées, selon la formule de pointage de la WTA.

Revêtue d'un long manteau noir et affichant le sourire d'une femme comblée par les événements, Maman Davenport a rencontré la presse québécoise, hier matin, après avoir participé à son entraînement matinal. Force est de reconnaître que l'horaire quotidien de la championne Américaine est souvent chambardé depuis la naissance de fiston, surtout que ce dernier accompagne sa mère lors de ses différents déplacements.

Malgré un horaire exigeant, encore plus en voyage, elle se garde deux heures par jour pour frapper des balles, en plus de s'entraîner en gymnase. «Je me sens bien physiquement, même si mon corps a changé quelque peu», d'avouer Madame Davenport, devenue la deuxième mère de famille à gagner un tournoi sur le circuit de WTA.

Résultats surprenants

«Je suis un peu surprise de mes résultats depuis mon retour au jeu», a-t-elle fait remarquer en faisant référence à sa victoire lors du tournoi de Bali, en septembre,où elle a décroché son 52ième titre en carrière, après une absence de 51 semaines sur le court. La semaine suivante, elle devait atteindre la finale lors du tournoi de Beijing. «Je ne m'imaginais pas être en mesure de faire aussi bien», de faire remarquer cette dernière qui a également disputé quelques tournois en double.

Se disant excitée de prendre part au Challenge Bell, après avoir entendu d'élogieux commentaires, Lindsay Davenport désire avant tout accumuler des points et reprendre sa forme d'antan. Au sujet de sa présence à Québec, elle a mentionné aimer jouer à l'intérieur et qu'elle travaillait fort pour être en mesure de prendre part au prochain US Open.

«Mes priorités sont différentes», a-t-elle rétorqué en réponse à la question si elle comptait poursuivre encore longtemps sa carrière. «J'ai un agenda plus occupé».

Pour sa part, son entraîneur Adam Peterson soutient que sa protégée s'accommode bien de son nouveau statut de mère de famille, tout en poursuivant sa carrière. «Elle a autre chose à penser et semble très confortable avec un bébé. Elle est heureuse et pas très loin d'avoir retrouvé sa forme à 100%».

------------------

Lindsay says nothing new but at the end of the interview, Adam Perterson says that Lindsay's not too far to be back physically at 100% :)

hurricanejeanne
Oct 30th, 2007, 12:03 AM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3296/33709558wa4.jpg

She looks stunning. :hearts:
This comeback still feels like a dream.

And yes, the new smilies are :weirdo:

Oct 30th, 2007, 12:57 AM
What surface is this and will Lindsay like the surface she is playing on?

Elldee
Oct 30th, 2007, 01:05 AM
It's indoor, fast hardcourt, I'd guess... she wouldn't be there if she didn't like the court and think she could win. If she's healthy, she should win. Excitingg.

LindsayRulz
Oct 30th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Lindsay will play against Wozniak in the second round IF she wins her first match :p

cheo23
Oct 30th, 2007, 07:01 AM

Why doesn't it Work for me???? :sad: It just Does Nothing when I CLICK on her Interview!!!!! Help!!

LindsayRulz
Oct 30th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Why doesn't it Work for me???? :sad: It just Does Nothing when I CLICK on her Interview!!!!! Help!!

Do you use Firefox? Because the link doesn't work on my computer with firefox but it works with IE :)

mike/topgun
Oct 30th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Lindsay looks way fitter than in Bali/Beijing!:)
If the court plays really fast Linds should get the trophy, cause she's hitting the ball well!:p

Lindsayfanumber1
Oct 30th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Linds :hearts:
:) :D

LADL
Oct 30th, 2007, 07:39 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/quebec/f_37.jpg

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/quebec/f_33.jpg

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photogallery/quebec/f_32.jpg

hurricanejeanne
Oct 30th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Great pictures! I love the second one the most. :hearts:

Good luck tonight, Lindsay! :bounce:

Lindsayfan32
Oct 30th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks LADL for the photos they are great. I agree with you HurricaneJeanne Ilike the second too. Jagger is so cute and I think the older he gets the more he looks like Lindsay.

Michael!
Oct 30th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Lindsay looks good and quite fit :)
Good luck to her! :D
She has great chances to reach the final, and Vaidisova is also beatable for Linds.;)
Angelique should be absolutely no problem for her,
unfortunately she is totally out of shape. :sad:

LDF
Oct 30th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Lindsay is blogging for the WTA this week. :D

---

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/library/200x250/ld%2007qcblog%20tues%20200.jpg

Monday, October 29, 2007

Well we're in Québec for one of the last tournaments of the year. It doesn't feel like that for me though, as this is only my third event in 13 months. It's really nice to be here - a great tournament in a very cute town. It's a little cold for me, but I'm getting used to it! Jagger got to see snow (although it was only a flurry) for the first time so that was a highlight!

I play my first round match Tuesday against Kerber from Germany. I don't really know anything about her except that she's left handed. I find that's the cast a lot these days - there are so many new, young girls that have come up in the last few years, and I'm still trying to learn who everyone is.

It has been such an amazing year for myself and my husband. We are so in love with our son it's crazy. He changes every day and starts doing new things all the time that amaze us. Here in Québec he started rolling over and now he doesn't stop - he just keeps rolling over across the room. It's really hysterical to watch. Travelling with him has been surprisingly easy. He's such a good boy and actually loves being on an airplane... probably because he's in my lap the whole time! He just plays, sleeps and eats... He never gets fussy on a plane.

The hardest part about travelling is probably being away from my husband. The most amazing thing for me to do is watch my husband with my son. He is so good with him and they just adore each other, so it's hard for us when we are on the road and my husband is at home working. I haven't really figured out what is going to come about with this comeback. Right now it's just a lot of fun and has been really easy to manage. We'll have to see what happens as Jagger gets older and more mobile. Also I have a family (which is by far the most important thing in my life) to balance so I'm just not sure how much I'm going to be able to play.

I'm here in Québec with my longtime coach Adam and my assistant and nanny, Catherine. I wouldn't be able to do any of this without them. At home, Jagger is babysat from 10-3 so I have to get in all my tennis and working out in those hours... other than that, it's just my husband and I doing it all with Jagger. On the road I definitely need more help, as trying to get ready for matches, taking care of any injuries, practicing, etc. takes a bit more time.

I never thought I'd come back and play again after having a child, but I think you learn as life goes on that it's impossible to map out your life. After Jagger was born, it seemed like it would be a fun goal to have and everything has happened so much faster than I could have imagined. I really had no expectations going to Asia in September and was shocked that I came back so well so soon. Now I still don't have any performance goals because I have to keep in mind I only had my baby 4 1/2 months ago, so I'm still playing it by ear. Whatever happens, I look at it like a great achievement to be back playing and competing.

I'll talk to you all again after my match!

Until tomorrow,

Lindsay

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=1855

hurricanejeanne
Oct 30th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I'm :scared: of the blog curse. That thing has been kicking more player's asses than Justine.

Other than that, it's cute. Lindsay and Jagger look adorable in their winter gear. I like the part where she's talking about Jagger learning how to roll over. :lol:

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 01:32 AM
6-3 6-3 :yippee:

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 01:34 AM
Comfortable win, going by the scores she returned quite well, looking forward to the next match :D

hurricanejeanne
Oct 31st, 2007, 01:38 AM
I am not livescoring the rest of this tournament. (Watch, I'll be back for round 2:p) that was just rough.

Anyways, :banana: Lindsay! Little rusty but that's to be expected. Hopefully she turns it up a notch in the next round.

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 01:58 AM
Wish she could have served atleast one of the sets out when she had the initial chance, but a win is a win :yeah:

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 01:59 AM
Whatever happened to Andrew. & Bloc Party? :sad:

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:04 AM

Yeah, this place is way too positive/happy now :sad: :tape:

I think Bloc_Party moved :shrug: Andrew is still around from time to time, they'll be back when L.A wins her 4th major :angel:

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:06 AM

Andrew.. will probably post here soon and guess right the next 8-9 tournaments Lindsay will play.

I've read somewhere that BlockParty was busy with school.

I miss Bis10453 :sad:

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:11 AM
We don't need them since we've got great new fans like cheo23 :hearts:

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:13 AM
We don't need them since we've got great new fans like cheo23 :hearts:

We need to have Tower of Power BLuue FOnt dAY111! :)

hurricanejeanne
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:17 AM
Yeah, this place is way too positive/happy now :sad: :tape:

I think Bloc_Party moved :shrug: Andrew is still around from time to time, they'll be back when L.A wins her 4th major :angel:

:haha::spit:

I read somewhere on the board that Bloc Party moved/is going to university now or something. And Andrew I have no idea, he's around now and again but I haven't seen him in at least a month. I actually sort of miss the bitching between all of us. :tape:

:lol: at Blue Font Day!

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:21 AM
Andrew must certainly be around. He's moderator of the Marissa Irvin's forum, he must be very busy ;)

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:22 AM
Actually it would be hilarious if we all starting posting in that crazy blue font in Lindsay's results threads this week :lol:

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:24 AM
Andrew must certainly be around. He's moderator of the Marissa Irvin's forum, he must be very busy ;)

:spit:

Actually it would be hilarious if we all starting posting in that crazy blue font in Lindsay's results threads this week :lol:

*death* :haha: Let's do it! :D

hurricanejeanne
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:25 AM

:lol: Is this the right blue? :p

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:27 AM
:lol: Is this the right blue? :p

it's ALL ABOUT THE BOLD... get it toGETHER JEANNE!!!

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:29 AM
Yeah, come on, let's freak GM out :lol:

OmGGG!111 LinDSAY, GReaT WiNNNNN!!!!11111

hurricanejeanne
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:29 AM

iS tHIs bETTEr!!11?

:p

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:30 AM

and it's the normal font right?

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:32 AM
Yeah, come on, let's freak GM out :lol:

OmGGG!111 LinDSAY, GReaT WiNNNNN!!!!11111

LEt'S STARt a new ThReAD ON gM!!!1111

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:35 AM

iS tHIs bETTEr!!11?

:p

:yeah:

and it's the normal font right?

I believe so, yes! :D

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:36 AM

You people are using the wrong blue, use "Blue" :p

hurricanejeanne
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:36 AM
:haha: @ the blue stuff.

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:40 AM
You people are using the wrong blue, use "Blue" :p

I uSE BLUE ToO i EDIteD mY POSt!!!11 GEt IT TOGEthEr MH0861 !!!1111

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:41 AM

LeT''s MakE a Who WILL WINNNNN - LindSAYYY or WOZniacckKKK ThrEAddd!!1111111

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:42 AM
I uSE BLUE ToO i EDIteD mY POSt!!!11 GEt IT TOGEthEr MH0861 !!!1111

he11OOO Iz THere a livSTReam for blUee FONT dAY canNADIA is a WEAK ASS COUNTRY!!!!!!!!

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:45 AM
LeT''s MakE a Who WILL WINNNNN - LindSAYYY or WOZniacckKKK ThrEAddd!!1111111

OK I'll start it on GM at 21:50.

he11OOO Iz THere a livSTReam for blUee FONT dAY canNADIA is a WEAK ASS COUNTRY!!!!!!!!

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: (;) :p )

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:50 AM
Ready?

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:50 AM
YesSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:52 AM
Gooo!!!

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:52 AM
:)

OuRRRRRR BANNERZZZZZZ

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:53 AM
(Someone with actual abilities to do things on the computer take my idea and roll with it and do it properly) :lol:

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:55 AM
LR, you can't make thread titles blue! :haha:

MH :haha:

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:57 AM
LR, you can't make thread titles blue! :haha:

MH :haha:

I know :lol:

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:58 AM
Oh :lol:

MH, your post :haha: :haha:

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 02:59 AM
OMG MH :haha: :spit:

hurricanejeanne
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:02 AM
You guys aren't right! :spit:

That thread is so going to get closed. :awww:

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:03 AM
:spit: :haha:

This is too funny :lol:

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:04 AM
Quick quick! Someone make a Whack banner like I did and post a decent version! :D

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:05 AM
I'll try :lol:

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:12 AM
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8192/whacknf2.png

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:16 AM
:haha: :haha:

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:17 AM
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/425/lindsayyrw6.png

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:27 AM
http://i10.tinypic.com/6g14fao.jpg

hurricanejeanne
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:27 AM
Oh good lawd! :haha:

I hope you guys don't get in trouble for this stuff because that would suck. :hug:

MH0861
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:28 AM
oh my GOD LR :worship: at the Catherine pic!!!

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:39 AM
http://i17.tinypic.com/6fq5z6o.jpg

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:41 AM
:rolls:

I must say, Catherine :hearts:

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:43 AM
http://i12.tinypic.com/5xo3l29.jpg

brayster87
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:52 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

GrEaT PiCtUrEs

LADL
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:27 AM
http://communities.canada.com/MONTREALGAZETTE/photos/opencourt/images/137820/original.aspx

http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/photos/opencourt/images/137904/original.aspx

dybbuk
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:53 AM
http://i10.tinypic.com/6g14fao.jpg

:eek::eek::eek: :crying2:

Lindsay :banana:

Lindsayfan32
Oct 31st, 2007, 06:24 AM

Please don't post in blue Daviator it drive my eyes and head crazy it give me headaches too. I love having cheo around but please stop writing posts in blue it's doing my head in.

I was out when Lindsay match was played as it was played at 10am Aussie time and had to go school this afternoon. I don't what you got up to but it made me laugh you are a crazy and very like able lot. As for Andrew some people might find this hard to believe but I miss him even though he was a grumpy old man most of time. I've got on one to argue with anymore.

Elldee
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:30 AM
Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Hey everyone,

Tonight I played my first match of the tournament. I won, but I definitely still feel rusty, and that's to be expected. I feel I have nothing to lose and no pressure, and it has been a huge challenge to try and come back to a high level. I've been having a great time playing matches though - that hasn't always been the case!

Next up I play Aleksandra Wozniak, a local Canadian girl. I'm sure the crowd will be behind her, and that will make it more exciting. The press told me she said she is very excited as I am one of her idols - that was very complimentary. I've heard she has big groundstrokes and hits it pretty hard, and it's always great to see young players on the rise. I look forward to Thursday's match!

Unfortunately I've got to keep tonight's entry a bit short, as I want to get some things done tonight (like sleep) before Jagger wakes me up in the morning! But I have a day off on Wednesday and I'll have lots to tell you. Oh, and I've attached a picture of him watching my match today from the Tour desks upstairs...

Talk to you all tomorrow,

Lindsay

-----

I love LD's outfit.

LADL
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:44 AM
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/sports/story.html?id=2ff71baa-00ea-49e5-9080-c8c500a3f588

Oh baby! Rusty Davenport a fan favourite in Quebec

STEPHANIE MYLES
The Gazette

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The tall, handsome couple, the baby, and the baby's nanny left the Montcalm indoor tennis club in nearby Sillery the other day and made their way to a nondescript, red Ford sedan.

The baby carriage folded into the trunk. The baby went in the back seat with the nanny. The woman took the passenger side in the front, and the man took the wheel as they pulled away.

It was a normal family scene - with a tennis twist.

The couple wasn't a husband and wife, but a player and coach - Lindsay Davenport and coach Adam Peterson. The baby, though, is Davenport's, with husband Jon Leach.

The nanny came with them from California.

And so the woman so long lauded as "normal," mainly because she was a rare player who actually went to her high school graduation, now travels with an entourage of sorts after a dozen thoroughly low-maintenance years on the WTA Tour.

Davenport, 31, is doing a very normal thing: returning to work quickly after giving birth. Not because she has to - which admittedly is a luxury - but because she wants to, and she can.

But in her world, not only is the mere fact of being a mother noteworthy, so is the fact that she's already back.

"I'm very impressed with what she's doing," said French player Séverine Bremond, who is married and, at 28, probably starting to think about this very issue. "I can't see having a baby at 31 and coming back. But maybe we'll see, later on."

Davenport had 4-month-old Jagger Jonathan Leach on hand at the PEPS sports centre last night, as she made her Quebec City debut against Germany's Angelique Kerber.

The 6-3, 6-3 win, hardly routine but not too worrisome, pits her against Blainville's Aleksandra Wozniak in the second round, probably tomorrow night.

The venue was jam-packed, and Davenport got a standing ovation when she took the court.

She'll probably get that wherever she goes now, at least until her comeback becomes old news.

The beginning was a little ragged, to say the least. And Davenport appeared to have a few wardrobe malfunctions with the new Nike 2007 Holiday line.

She missed her swinging backhand volley twice before putting the new-school shot back in her bag and going with the classics.

She double-faulted a few too many times. And she got aggravated with herself a few too many times.

She was broken when she first served for the first set, and broken when she served for the match at 5-2 in the second set.

And Kerber, to her credit, used her lefty forehand to good effect in cranking out a number of stone-cold winners.

"Rusty is probably a good word. The first couple of games, I was a little bit off, making a lot of errors," Davenport said. "It wasn't a perfect match, but it's still about getting balls in the court, and playing matches, and being in that situation."

Davenport's rust wasn't just because of the year-long layoff, which unofficially began this very week a year ago when she bailed out of a planned participation in the Bell Challenge on some pretext or other, keeping the news of her brand-new pregnancy to herself.

It was also because, after playing two tournaments in Asia in September, she hadn't played a match in nearly a month.

"A lot of balls were coming back. I'm not used to that because they don't always come back in practice," she said.

The difference in class won out eventually, even though, by current ranking, Kerber is more than 40 spots ahead.

That's a technicality created by Davenport's absence that will change soon, because Davenport plans to play more in 2008. That was the original plan, if there was one: to come back in 2008.

"Nothing in my whole career has followed a pattern. The pregnancy was a very, very happy surprise, but I never thought I could come back physically," she said. "This was a happy surprise, too. Now I'm just riding the wave, seeing how much more I can do."

Bremond said Davenport's nearly-seamless return should not surprise anyone.

To start, she was so good. Unlike Martina Hingis, she wasn't muscled out of the game; her hard-hitting ground game is thoroughly modern, even if she was perhaps the first to adopt it.

And the layoff wasn't that long. "Her level was above the other players, so that's part of why she's been able to do it," Bremond said.

Last night, Laval's Stéphanie Dubois beat American Abigail Spears 6-1, 6-4.

Earlier, Repentigny's Marie-Ève Pelletier continued her decade of travails at this event, dropping a 6-2, 6-3 first-round decision to Bremond. ... Pelletier and partner Eva Hrdinova defeated Blainville's Aleksandra Wozniak and her partner, Oakville, Ont.'s Ekaterina Shulaeva, 6-2, 6-4 in the first round of doubles.

Elldee
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:51 AM
The chairs they give the players don't look too comfy... she seems to be fiddling with her skirt; i'm guessing thats the wardrobe problem?

LADL
Oct 31st, 2007, 10:01 AM
The chairs they give the players don't look too comfy... she seems to be fiddling with her skirt; i'm guessing thats the wardrobe problem?

Yep. Apparently the skirt was too big.

Davenport gets through her first round
It wasn't exactly routine. And Davenport had a slight wardrobe malfunction early in the first set.

But despite being broken when serving for both sets, Davenport got through just fine and will face the pride of Blainville, Aleksandra Wozniak, in the second round.

Not that Kerber doesn't have some weapons; she smoked at least a dozen balls that Davenport didn't even try to reach. And she's a lefty.

But here's the major difference, from a fashion point of view.

There are similar items to what both players were wearing in the Open Court tennis wardrobe, so we can say this with certainty.

Davenport was decked out in the latest Nike, from the 2007 Holiday collection, a lovely combination of sheen pink and burgundy.

Kerber had an orange border skirt trimmed with navy, that's from at least two years ago, and a white shirt that didn't even match.

As we all know, if you can't be best, be best-dressed. And Kerber was neither.

It looked as though Nike sent Davenport the wrong skirts, though. They were clearly too big. And the labels were hanging out over her butt for the entire second set.
But those are small adjustments that can easily be made for the next round.

Wozniak had better dress up FINE.

http://communities.canada.com/MONTREALGAZETTE/blogs/opencourt/archive/2007/10/30/davenport-gets-through-her-first-round.aspx

cheo23
Oct 31st, 2007, 10:35 AM
Oh hi all of you!!!!!!! I also Miss Bis25123134!!!!!!!

Anyway, Lindsay's BABY JAGGER is SO cute!!!! Just go to Www.wtatour.com and you will see a TINY Picture of Lindsay and Jagger in winter Gear!!!! But it's So tiny that You cAnnnot even Enlarge it!!! Get it TOGETHER Wtatour!!!!!!

And Like you will see a Picture of him at http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/1/newsroom/stories/?ContentID=1855

Awww Jagger :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Elldee
Oct 31st, 2007, 11:06 AM
Obviously Nike hadn't expected Lindsay D to slim down so fast... must have been hard playing a tennis match in poorly fitting clothes.

ChampLindsay
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:43 PM
I like Lindsays clothes..:hearts:

i think she weared this;)
http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/ProductImages/NWWDHCT-MR.JPG

hurricanejeanne
Oct 31st, 2007, 03:59 PM
Obviously Nike hadn't expected Lindsay D to slim down so fast... must have been hard playing a tennis match in poorly fitting clothes.

:lol: That's what I thought as well. Lindsay has lost some more weight and looks to be a lot more toned than she was back in Bali/Beijing. I can't imagine trying to play in a skirt that feels like it's going to fall down the whole time.

Hopefully she can get a smaller skirt or have the ones she has pinned/altered.

And the chairs they're sitting in are like those plastic lawn chairs. :tape:

The Daviator
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:32 PM
The chairs :help:

The skirt is massive :eek: I like her top though :)

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 05:34 PM
I like her outfit too :)

I bought by tickets for the semis yesterday so Lindsay is better win against Wozniak and the other no name we'll play against in QF.

LADL
Oct 31st, 2007, 08:29 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1421/24786005cu1.jpg

LDF
Oct 31st, 2007, 09:56 PM
Solid start for Lindsay :)

:o at the skirt being too big. The top looks nice though.

:haha: at the pictures/posts you guys made last night!

LindsayRulz
Oct 31st, 2007, 10:04 PM
Highlights of Lindsay's first round match here : http://sport.sympatico.msn.ca/Autres/ChallengeBell/#

Oct 31st, 2007, 10:23 PM
Great job Lindsay and hopefully you can get your wardrobe fixed

LADL
Nov 1st, 2007, 05:54 AM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/library/200x250/ld%2007qcblog%20wed%20200.jpg

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Well today was a day off in Québec. As I get older, these days get more and more important! It's very helpful to have a day off of matches to let the body rest and recover. There's no question my life at tournaments is different from how it used to be. For instance, last night I played a match and got back to the hotel around 10:30pm. My son had just gone to bed when I got back to the room, so I kissed him in his crib and began getting things organized for the next day. I probably went to sleep around midnight or so and woke up at 6:45 with Jagger. The one thing that amazes me about motherhood is how you just learn to survive with less sleep. And I'm lucky my son sleeps the night through; I don't know what I'd do if I was getting up a bunch of times in the middle of the night. My son, however, is a major sleep talker. He just rambles on and on in the middle of the night, but he never wakes up. It's the craziest thing. I always wonder what is going on in that head of his!

Adam and I hit for an hour this morning. The older I've gotten, the less I feel the need to practice too much. It's much more important for me to stay healthy and fresh. I pretty much always have my timing of shots (that's luckily what I was born with). The big things for me to work on are to be injury free and movement. I've always wondered what it would be like to be able to run down any shot on the tennis court, but that's definitely not in my genetics so I just try and do what I do well.

Today is Jagger's first Halloween and we've dressed him up as a tiger! He has been getting a lot of candy for his mom because of it... We didn't make it out trick or treating but hopefully there will be years of that to come. We've been eating a lot at a restaurant called Cosmos, which is around the corner from our hotel. It has a great menu and, most importantly, it's casual. Nothing worse than taking a baby to a nice restaurant and having him have a meltdown! So we go to dinner early (5:30ish) at laid back places, and everyone does well.

I play again tomorrow night against Wozniak. I'll take the morning to hang with Jagger and then head over to the courts around 3 or 4. It should be an exciting match as she is a local girl. As I'm writing this, I'm up in the press center at the tennis and watching the Dubois/Vakulenko match. I've always loved watching tennis. When I first started, I'd always go to the outside courts at tournaments and watch my friends or good matches. It's hard to do that now as more people know who I am and, with Jagger, there's no time; so now the only tennis I really watch are the matches that are on TV. During the French Open I was on bed rest for the end of my pregnancy so I watched a lot those two weeks. And then my son was two weeks old when Wimbledon started so we saw a lot of that as well.

We're definitely California people... the weather here seems freezing and it's only 40 degrees or so. Catherine and I bundled Jagger up and took him for a long walk into old Québec. It's a really beautiful, cute city. We got some crêpes and just enjoyed the walk. Jagger literally did not move in his stroller. He's not used to being bundled up in jackets and scarves, so he just stares one way and doesn't move! It makes us laugh so hard.

Well I thought I'd be writing more about the tournament and how I'm playing this week, but as it turns out I'm mostly just writing about Jagger! I've attached a picture of him in his Halloween costume... it's hard NOT to write about him!

Take care and I'll talk to you all tomorrow...

Lindsay

-----

Lindsayfan32
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:16 AM
Just read Lindsay's third blog entry and I love her choice of Halloween costume for Jagger he not looks so cute but it Tigger the tiger a great choice. As far as I'm concerned Lindsay can write about Jagger all she wants and attach as many photos of him to her blog too. I still say the older Jagger gets the more he look like Lindsay.

brayster87
Nov 1st, 2007, 06:22 AM
geez she writes long blogs!

LindsayRulz
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:22 PM
Jagger is so cute on this picture :lol:

hurricanejeanne
Nov 1st, 2007, 09:48 PM
:awww: Jagger is too cute in his costume! I love the blog, she's such a mom glowing about her baby. It's so sweet to see Lindsay so happy.

Good luck tonight, Linds!

Andrew..
Nov 1st, 2007, 11:56 PM
In unrelated news, Lindsay has, again, outlasted Martina Hingis on the WTA. And she's going to have nobody to really threaten her for a while once she gets to the top of the prize money list.

The Daviator
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:01 AM
6-1 6-0 :rocker:

Foretz or Arvidsson next, so more of the same I expect :D

Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:06 AM
What an amazing victory, it seems Lindsay is really back to her best

hurricanejeanne
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:22 AM
6-1 6-0 :rocker:

Foretz or Arvidsson next, so more of the same I expect :D

I really need to take naps more often during her matches, Linds takes care of buisness in half the time. :p

Lindsay! :banana: A nice, classic beatdown. Good luck in the quarters!

Lindsayfanumber1
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:23 AM
Love ya Linds :drool: :)

The Daviator
Nov 2nd, 2007, 02:58 AM
I really need to take naps more often during her matches, Linds takes care of buisness in half the time. :p

Lindsay! :banana: A nice, classic beatdown. Good luck in the quarters!

I know it was so quick! :lol: I swear she went from 3-0 to 5-0 in about 2 minutes :lol:

Stephanie Foretz next :)

hurricanejeanne
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:25 AM
I know it was so quick! :lol: I swear she went from 3-0 to 5-0 in about 2 minutes :lol:

Stephanie Foretz next :)

:lol: Why can't all her matches be like this?

Another player Linds has never played before. Lindsay should overpower Foretz, if I remember Foretz's game correctly.

MH0861
Nov 2nd, 2007, 03:45 AM
:lol: Why can't all her matches be like this?

Another player Linds has never played before. Lindsay should overpower Foretz, if I remember Foretz's game correctly.

Stop being so nice and cut to the chase, Linds would overpower Foretz while breastfeeding Jagger on court during the match :lol: ;)

LADL
Nov 2nd, 2007, 04:49 AM
Some highlights of the match vs Wozniak and Lindsay's on-court interview:

http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/blogs/opencourt/default.aspx

dybbuk
Nov 2nd, 2007, 05:01 AM
cheo's wants a double bagel in the next round. Lindsay, darling, don't disappoint. :smoke:

Lindsayfan32
Nov 2nd, 2007, 07:26 AM
cheo's wants a double bagel in the next round. Lindsay, darling, don't disappoint. :smoke:

Great match by the sound of it. But no we don't want a double bagel Lindsay plays like crap in the next round for some reason. Another score line like today would be great.

LindsayRulz
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
Highlights of the match vs Wozniak + interview (video #2)

http://sport.sympatico.msn.ca/Autres/ChallengeBell/

LindsayRulz
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:22 AM
6-4 6-0 and we are back in top 100! :yippee: :rocker:

Elldee
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:23 AM
With three tournaments that's ridiculous. She's QUALITY.

hurricanejeanne
Nov 3rd, 2007, 02:14 AM
:banana: Lindsay!
Another bagel, another win, and we're back in the top 100!

Bepa could be tough, she's like the only player in this tournament that Lindsay's actually played before. :tape: Lindsay leads the head to head 5-0, but they haven't played since Lindsay was on her hotstreak in the summer of 2004. Good luck, Linds! :bounce:

Andrew..
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:44 AM
Wow, I just looked, and they played a lot that year...

Lindsay's toughest match against her was right after her foot surgery. Could be a tough one.

Andrew..
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:45 AM
Friday, November 2, 2007
I had another good day at the courts today. I played Foretz, who I had never played before. I started off well to go up 4-0, but I lost my concentration a little bit and found myself at 5-4. Luckily, I got my act together and played well from that point on. Tomorrow in the semis I face Vera Zvonereva, who I think is a great player. I'm really excited to be playing a player of her level - it's a great way to see where I'm at, and really the reason I came back was to play the best, enjoy the process and try and win.
Jon just told me he is getting on the red-eye to be here in the morning, so I'm beyond excited. Personally, I think it's mainly to see his son, but that's cool - I'll take him being here any way I can get him! The trip has been longer than we had originally anticipated; we left California early because of the fires, so we're all missing each other. Win or lose, we'll have some great days together.
I'm off to bed... I'm going to get woken up early by either my hungry son or my husband coming in. Be back tomorrow...
Lindsay

Andrew..
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:45 AM
Oh no, Jon coming in. Loss.

Lindsayfan32
Nov 3rd, 2007, 04:58 AM
Oh no, Jon coming in. Loss.

I thought Lindsay was going to get beaten early because of the blog curse . Oh Jon is coming. She's sure to lose.

hurricanejeanne
Nov 3rd, 2007, 05:16 AM
I thought the "Jon being at the tournament curse" only applied to grand slams?

Hopefully, neither curse shows up tomorrow, though I'm more concerned about the Blog Curse. :unsure: At least Jagger seems to be good luck. Vera's been playing well of late, at least since her return to the game, this match could be tough. Yet a lot of it will be up to how Lindsay plays, if she's on her game then she should win.

It's sort of cute how giddy she gets about him coming in. :awww:

Nikki
Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:31 AM
Hopefully the "Jon" curse can be broken here;)

It will be great if Lindsay can make another final.

MH0861
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:42 PM
He was at New Haven too. :ras:

Break two curses this week, Linds!

The Daviator
Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:18 PM
Julia Vakulenko stands between Lindsay and breaking all these curses :lol:

Let's go :angel:

LindsayfanTV
Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:22 PM
Wow! She beat Vera in 3 and now has a chance for title 53. C'mon Linds, let's finish this year with a another win and start 2008 with a shot at the grand slams.

LDF
Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:35 PM
Good win for Lindsay today :yeah: She served very well :D

hurricanejeanne
Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Julia Vakulenko stands between Lindsay and breaking all these curses :lol:

Let's go :angel:

The curses must go down!

Anyway, not too surprised that Lindsay was pushed in the semis against Vera. Hopefully, Lindsay steps up her game just a tad more against Julia, who's been having a really good year and is a good player.

Good luck in the finals, Lindsay! :hug:

Lindsayfan32
Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:46 PM
I have not doubt that the blog and Jon curses will be broken tomorrow. It sounds like it was the tough match everyone expected it to be and hopefully Lindsay will win the final as a belated birthday present to me. She will be equal with Monica on 53 titles equal 9th on the list if my memory serves me correctly.

Lindsayfanumber1
Nov 3rd, 2007, 11:40 PM
:drool: :bounce:

Nikki
Nov 4th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Great win Lindsay, now win tomorrow:)

LindsayRulz
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Hi all! :wavey: I'm back from Québec!

First time I watched Lindsay plays live :) She served so well today. She served at least 10-12 aces. A lot of first serves in, just a little lack of concentration during one serving game in the second set. I thought Lindsay would win the TB but at 1-0 Lindsay serving, the umpire called a ball out which was CLEARLY in. Lindsay talked with the umpire during about a minute and then I think she lost like 4-5 points in a row...
She took a bathroom break between the second and the third set just like she did against Hantochova in Bali. And then like in the Bali final she quickly took a 4-1 advantage. The last game was amazing, 3 winners and 2 "COME ON!" from Lindsay :lol:
After the match, I found a way to reach Lindsay despite all the people around her and I got her autographe :hearts:
And I saw Adam after the match too, I almost didn't recognise him because he wasn't wearing a hat :lol:

The Daviator
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the report :D Seems like a great performance, tie-break aside, are you going to the final too? :p

LindsayRulz
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the report :D Seems like a great performance, tie-break aside, are you going to the final too? :p

Nope, I'm too busy with school :(. Anyway, I don't think Vakulenko will be a big problem for Lindsay tomorrow. Julia twisted her ankle during her match against ditty. And the match will be televised here :)

hurricanejeanne
Nov 4th, 2007, 01:57 AM

First time I watched Lindsay plays live :) She served so well today. She served at least 10-12 aces. A lot of first serves in, just a little lack of concentration during one serving game in the second set. I thought Lindsay would win the TB but at 1-0 Lindsay serving, the umpire called a ball out which was CLEARLY in. Lindsay talked with the umpire during about a minute and then I think she lost like 4-5 points in a row...
She took a bathroom break between the second and the third set just like she did against Hantochova in Bali. And then like in the Bali final she quickly took a 4-1 advantage. The last game was amazing, 3 winners and 2 "COME ON!" from Lindsay :lol:
After the match, I found a way to reach Lindsay despite all the people around her and I got her autographe :hearts:
And I saw Adam after the match too, I almost didn't recognise him because he wasn't wearing a cap :lol:

Thanks for the report! Sounds like Lindsay played really well outside of the tiebreak. Hopefully she doesn't get screwed on any calls tomorrow. :p
I think I'm the only fan who hasn't seen Lindsay play live yet. :o I don't live anywhere near a tournament anyhow.

Lindsayfan32
Nov 4th, 2007, 02:20 AM

And I saw Adam after the match too, I almost didn't recognise him because he wasn't wearing a cap :lol:

Thanks for the match report Lindsayrulz. Sounds like it was a great match. Hope the final is played early so I know the result before going to school but Lindsay gave me a great birthday present by making the final hopefully she can give me another one by winning the final. I'm glad she won it far more fun to watch when Lindsay wins.

MH0861
Nov 4th, 2007, 02:27 AM

Thanks for the report! :D And YAY you got her autograph, awesome! :hearts:

ChampLindsay
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:58 AM

wow, great report!:worship:
Congratulation for getting the autograph:hearts:

Do you took some pictures??:drool:

Nov 4th, 2007, 01:54 PM
How many points will Lindsay get if she wins this final?

MH0861
Nov 4th, 2007, 02:53 PM
40 more, for a total of 140 ;)

Nikki
Nov 4th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Thanks for you report, its awesome you managed to get her autograph:) Shame you couldn't see the final in person.

lindsayno1
Nov 4th, 2007, 06:19 PM
whats her ranking if she wins?

Elldee
Nov 4th, 2007, 06:26 PM
probably about 75, she's 78 already.

Lindsayfan32
Nov 4th, 2007, 06:55 PM
whats her ranking if she wins?

74 :):bounce:

LindsayRulz
Nov 4th, 2007, 07:59 PM
#53! :yippee:

Nov 4th, 2007, 08:03 PM
What an improvement from outside the top 200 at her first tournament to number 74 now!!

Nov 4th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Do you think it is realistic for Lindsay to get a seeding at Indian Wells if she can go deep at the Aussie Open?

LindsayfanTV
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:06 PM
She is an inspiration ~ that's for sure. Looked like a comfortable win today and amazing to make #53. It's incredible to have made such an impression after three tournaments.

All curses and jinxes broken too ~ Jagger must be a lucky mascot

Have a great 2008, Lindsay!

lindsayno1
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:06 PM
AWESOME! im assuming she'll get a WC for AO?!

Dave.
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:07 PM
What a great week for Lindsay! I am so happy:hearts: Lindsay is the best..this win secures yet another top 100 finish and now a total of 89 WTA Titles!!

I hope she has a great season next year, I really want her to do well at the Australian Open:bounce:

Anyway, so this caps of a great season with 2/3 titles won!

ChampLindsay
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:09 PM
2008 HERE WE GO
amazing week, amazing final, amazing LINDSAY!:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Lindsayfan32
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Glad to see my prediction of the blog curse going down came true see people I told you so I knew it would. It sounds like it was a great match for Lindsay from the scoreline tightish first set and then put the foot down in the second.

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:13 PM
:bounce: CONGRATS LINDSAY!!!!! :bounce:

mike/topgun
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:36 PM

Thanks for the report LindsayRulz:)
Lindsay is truly amazing. She's a role model and an inspiration as we all know.
Now I cannot wait for the new seaon. After those 3 tourneys she played this year we can be sure that the committment is there and that we can be almost sure that if she stays healthy and everything goes well in her familylife Lindsay's gonna do great things in 2008.:bowdown:
Was Quebec televised? Someone's got a clip from the semis and the final?

hurricanejeanne
Nov 4th, 2007, 08:36 PM
:woohoo::woohoo:

I am so happy right now! Who would have thought back in January that we'd be celebrating Lindsay winning two out of three tournaments? It's just a great way to end the season and a fantastic comeback.

I can't wait til next year, she can only improve from where she's at now. :bounce:

Brooklyn90
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Winning 2 out of 3 tournaments played after having a baby and with little practice is absolutely amazing! :) I'm so happy she's playing well! And IS playing! :bounce:

Nikki
Nov 4th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Amazing comeback, 2 titles in 3 tournaments is a fine achievement. Hopefully it can continue into 2008 .:worship:

MH0861
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Do you think it is realistic for Lindsay to get a seeding at Indian Wells if she can go deep at the Aussie Open?

Well yes, but it's not like she'll need one - the field is so blah that she'll do fine anyways - no Williams sisters or Clijsters to avoid, and most likely no Henin as well.

MH0861
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Anddddddddd way to go Linds :hearts: :drool:

The Daviator
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:28 PM

You don't need a WC if you're ranked in the 70s ;)

:woohoo::woohoo:

I am so happy right now! Who would have thought back in January that we'd be celebrating Lindsay winning two out of three tournaments? It's just a great way to end the season and a fantastic comeback.

I can't wait til next year, she can only improve from where she's at now. :bounce:

I know, and remember how depressed we all were at the end of '06 :haha: And now two titles at the end of '07 :hearts: Lindsay :worship: We're so spoiled to be fans of this legend :D

Now, let's a win a Slam in '08! :banana:

LindsayRulz
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:35 PM
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/Davenport_Conquers_Qu_bec.jpg

:hearts:

The Daviator
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Cool pic, Team Davenport :rocker2: Catherine :hearts:

MH0861
Nov 4th, 2007, 10:52 PM
AO Doubles 08: (WC) Lindsay Davenport/Catherine McNanny d. S. Williams/V. Williams 6-1 6-1 :hearts:

hurricanejeanne
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:19 PM
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/500/Davenport_Conquers_Qu_bec.jpg

:hearts:

:awww: That's just too damned cute! Lindsay and Jon look so happy.
:lol: at Adam, he looks so different without his ever present hat. :p

Lindsayfanumber1
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:22 PM
AO Doubles 08: (WC) Lindsay Davenport/Catherine McNanny d. S. Williams/V. Williams 6-1 6-1 :hearts:

:haha: i would say Catherine Leach, she's part of the family :lol: :tape:
Love that pic! :) :banana:
I'm so proud of Linds :hearts:

Lindsayfanumber1
Nov 4th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the report! Sounds like Lindsay played really well outside of the tiebreak. Hopefully she doesn't get screwed on any calls tomorrow. :p
I think I'm the only fan who hasn't seen Lindsay play live yet. :o I don't live anywhere near a tournament anyhow.

We are two :o :( :sad:

Andrew..
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:03 AM
She won't need one. She'll get in on her own ranking.

The Daviator
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Lindsay has said in her final blog that she'll be playing Auckland at the start of '08 :D So I guess that will be title #54 :lol:

Elldee
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:46 AM
I'm glad Lindsay's playing in new places and that she has a week between that and the AO. Good scheduling.

The Daviator
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Yeah, great scheduling, plus she's never won a Tier IV before, so she'll have titles on all levels if she wins :hearts: :lol:

MH0861
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Which of the low tier events did Mauresmo enter? Gold Coast?

The Daviator
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Which of the low tier events did Mauresmo enter? Gold Coast?

Why, you worried? :devil: Yeah, it was Gold Coast, no top 10 players are allowed in Auckland, so she'll be up against the Zvonarevas of the world again...

hurricanejeanne
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Lindsay has said in her final blog that she'll be playing Auckland at the start of '08 :D So I guess that will be title #54 :lol:

Yay she's not playing the Hong Kong exo :banana: :p

MH0861
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Why, you worried? :devil: Yeah, it was Gold Coast, no top 10 players are allowed in Auckland, so she'll be up against the Zvonarevas of the world again...

No, I was just hoping it would speed up the downward spiral of Ms. Mauresmo to lose to the old knocked up lady yet again :devil: Anyways Mauresmo isn't top 10, so it could've been Auckland. ;)

Andrew..
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Mauresmo is playing Gold Coast.

ChampLindsay
Nov 5th, 2007, 04:40 PM
We are two :o :( :sad:

We are three:sad:

I could go to BErlin but she doesnt play claycourt events, may be i will go to Stuttgart in 2008 and may be she will be there hopefully:)

LDF
Nov 5th, 2007, 05:54 PM
I haven't seen Lindsay play live yet either :o :(

Perhaps at Wimbledon next year ;)

dybbuk
Nov 5th, 2007, 06:15 PM

You bring pics of Jagger with the Rosewater Dish? :angel:

Dave.
Nov 5th, 2007, 07:02 PM
If she played Wimbledon next year that would be fantastic! I would find the court she would be on and sit there for the whole day if i had to!

hurricanejeanne
Nov 5th, 2007, 08:25 PM

Lucky. ;)

The closest tournaments to me are Cincinatti and Toronto, and even then I'm going out of state/country to see. There's a slight chance I'll be able to go to the US Open next year though. ;)