1992. Monica Seles Kimiko Date Debbie Graham Jenny Byrne
1991. Monica Seles Gabriela Sabatini Andrea Strnadova Stephanie Rehe
1990. Steffi Graf Monica Seles Jennifer Capriati Elizabeth Smylie

Just Do It
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:23 AM
:spit: @ only one option for player of the year :lol:

Cp6uja
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:30 AM
:spit: @ only one option for player of the year :lol:It's her fault, not my :shrug:

Yasmine
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Why are Jelena or Ana not in there, they surely have improved this year, by looking at their Slam results.

Sam L
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Henin, Bartoli, Szavay and Serena.

justine schnyder
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Player: Henin
Most improved- szavay/Safarova
new up comer- Paszek (she is younger than Agnes)
comback- one of the sisters..

Cp6uja
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Why are Jelena or Ana not in there, they surely have improved this year, by looking at their Slam results.Ana reach this Award in 2005, and Jelena in 2006 - so only is question put Anna (Chaky) here or not... but she finished last season at #13 and won one tier-I...

EDIT: Answer why no Bammer:
But we have 10 option limit here. With Bammer i need 12 options - so i must choose between Lucie and Bammer. Its very hard choice because Bammer finish 2006 at #53 and now is #20, and Safarova ended 2006 at #41 and now is #22. But i choose Safarova because she is much younger and have 5 TOP10 wins this season (Bammer still dont have any TOP10 win in 2007) and Lucie have better best GS result (QF vs. 4R), and also Safarova actualy is not worse in 2007 even in ranking points (Bammer reach in 2007 YEC race so far 1370pts but from 21 tournament and Safarova reach 1110pts but from only 14 tournaments).

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:37 AM
I don't consider Paszek or Szavay to be newcomers.

Prior to the start of this year Agnes had been in the main draw of 7 WTA tournaments. She even reached the semifinals of Modena way back in July 2005. I also have problems with the idea of selecting Tamira Paszek. The girl actually won a tournament last year, so I don't really consider her a newcomer this year.

Agnieszka Radwanska last year's newcomer of the year played her 1st WTA tournament main draw in May 2006. Paszek played her 1st WTA main draw in October 2005 and Szavay played her 1st WTA main draw way back in February 2005. How ridiculous would it be if this year's newcomer of the year made their debut on the tour before last year's newcomer of the year?

patch.
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:38 AM
If I had to choose one from the poll id go
Year: HENIN , Most Improved: SAFAROVA , Newcomer: SZAVAY , Comeback: VENUS

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:40 AM
If I had to choose one from the poll id go
Year: HENIN , Most Improved: SAFAROVA , Newcomer: SZAVAY , Comeback: VENUS

I chose the last option...there should be another option for player of the year, and why only Venus & Serena as "comeback"? :p

But if I had to pick one, then this would be the one.

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:43 AM
I would give Svazay the most improved player award.

Xian
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Bammer most improved player :worship:

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:47 AM

Most improved is hard... you could have Bartoli, Safarova, Bammer or Szavay...but I think you can give Agi the newcomer and give one of the others the most improved then. ;)

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Most improved is hard... you could have Bartoli, Safarova, Bammer or Szavay...but I think you can give Agi the newcomer and give one of the others the most improved then. ;)

I don't think you can give Szavay the newcomer award because quite simply she isn't a newcomer. She made her WTA main draw debut in February 2005. She played seven WTA main draw events prior to 2007 and actually reached the semi finals of a WTA tour event back in July 2005. She debuted on the tour more than one year earlier than did last year's newcomer of the year.

In 2005 Agnes Szavay played 12 WTA tour events, including qualifying. Quite simply this is Agi's third year on the WTA tour. There is no way on earth that she can be considered a newcomer.

LUXXXAS
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:58 AM
where is Bammer? she is most improved player! Safarova had 2 good tournaments at the beginning of the year :help:

matanuriel
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I don't consider Paszek or Szavay to be newcomers.

Prior to the start of this year Agnes had been in the main draw of 7 WTA tournaments. She even reached the semifinals of Modena way back in July 2005. I also have problems with the idea of selecting Tamira Paszek. The girl actually won a tournament last year, so I don't really consider her a newcomer this year.

Agnieszka Radwanska last year's newcomer of the year played her 1st WTA tournament main draw in May 2006. Paszek played her 1st WTA main draw in October 2005 and Szavay played her 1st WTA main draw way back in February 2005. How ridiculous would it be if this year's newcomer of the year made their debut on the tour before last year's newcomer of the year?

You are right that would be ridiculous, so in my opinion, Tamira or Agnes shouldn't get the newcomer award but one of them need to get the most improved player. Cause lats fase it Bartoli had only one good month, and though her wimbledon run was really impresive all the rest of her year looked like sh*t. Safarova had some good wins and solid results but she is very inconcistent so I don't think none of them really improved that much.

On the newcomer, I think that Alize should win it. Comeback: Serena!

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:00 PM
I don't think you can give Szavay the newcomer award because quite simply she isn't a newcomer. She made her WTA maindraw debut in February 2005. She played seven WTA maindraw events prior to 2007 and actually reached the semi finals of a WTA tour event back in July 2005. She debuted on the tour more than one year earlier than did last years newcomer of the year.

In 2005 Agnes Szavay played 12 WTA tour events, including qualifying. Quite simply this is Agi's third year on the WTA tour. There is no way on earth that she can be considered a newcomer.

Yeah but then if Tamira's up for it again, Agi can be too - in that case, give Agnes "comeback" player... coz she was off for most of last year with glandular fever. ;)

Just Do It
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I really think there are players who improved more than Marion and Lucie. Lucie sucks this year, and Marion only had that wimbledon final :shrug:

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah but then if Tamira's up for it again, Agi can be too - in that case, give Agnes "comeback" player... coz she was off for most of last year with glandular fever. ;)

Tamira Paszek won tournament last year and I do not consider how to be a newcomer either. The idea is of giving Agi the comeback award however does hold some merit, although I suspect that award will go to one of the Williams sisters.

For the record, I would give the newcomer award to Olga Govortsova or Raluca-Ioana Olaru, probably Olga.

Just Do It
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:07 PM
I voted Year: HENIN , Most Improved: BARTOLI , Newcomer: SZAVAY , Comeback: VENUS , though.

Harvs
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:08 PM
bartoli cant win most impoved... she only did well in one tournament... granted it was the biggest of them all however.

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Tamira Paszek won tournament last year and I do not consider how to be a newcomer either. The idea is of giving Agi the comeback award however does hold some merit, although I suspect that award will go to one of the Williams sisters.

For the record, I would give the newcomer award to Olga Govortsova or Raluca-Ioana Olaru, probably Olga.

Yeah, I really would like to know how they pick the people for "newcomer" because half the time, it's the same players about 3 years in a row. :lol: But seeing as Agi's up for it, I hope she will win. But Govortsova or Cornet would also make good candidates.

And yes, I'm sure a WS will get comeback. ;)

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I really would like to know how they pick the people for "newcomer" because half the time, it's the same players about 3 years in a row. :lol: But seeing as Agi's up for it, I hope she will win. But Govortsova or Cornet would also make good candidates.

And yes, I'm sure a WS will get comeback. ;)

Are there official nominations that have been made yet? There might be, but I haven't seen any.

Cp6uja
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Most improved is hard... you could have Bartoli, Safarova, Bammer or Szavay...but I think you can give Agi the newcomer and give one of the others the most improved then. ;)But we have 10 option limit here. With Bammer i need 12 options - so i must choose between Lucie and Bammer. Its very hard choice because Bammer finish 2006 at #53 and now is #20, and Safarova ended 2006 at #41 and now is #22. But i choose Safarova because she is much younger and have 5 TOP10 wins this season (Bammer still dont have any TOP10 win in 2007) and Lucie have better best GS result (QF vs. 4R), and also Safarova actualy is not worse in 2007 even in ranking points (Bammer reach in 2007 YEC race so far 1370pts but from 21 tournament and Safarova reach 1110pts but from only 14 tournaments).

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:15 PM
But we have 10 option limit here. With Bammer i need 12 options - so i must chose between Lucie and Bammer. Its very hard choice because Bammer finish 2006 at #53 and now is #20, and Safarova ended 2006 at #41 and now is #22. But i choose Safarova because she is much younger and have 5 TOP10 wins this season (Bammer still dont have any TOP10 win in 2007) and Lucie have better best GS result (QF vs. 4R), and also Safarova actualy is not worse in 2007 even in ranking points (Bammer reach in 2007 YEC race so far 1370pts but from 21 tournament and Safarova reach 1110pts but from only 14 tournaments).

Well that wasn't the only reason I picked the last option! :p

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Are there official nominations that have been made yet? There might be, but I haven't seen any.

Oh, I thought there had been, and that's why there are all these threads. :shrug:

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Oh, I thought there had been, and that's why there are all these threads. :shrug:

I think a lot of people are assuming the newcomer award is between Paszek and Szavay. I could be wrong but I don't believe that will be the case.

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I think a lot of people are assuming the newcomer award is between Paszek and Szavay. I could be wrong but I don't believe that will be the case.

Well, as you said before, I don't think it should be either - but just hope that *if* Agi is nominated for it, then she will win. ;) (Doesn't mean I think she should be nominated for it though). ;)

Piotr'ek
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:24 PM
MIP - Ivanovic.

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Well, as you said before, I don't think it should be either - but just hope that *if* Agi is nominated for it, then she will win. ;) (Doesn't mean I think she should be nominated for it though). ;)

:lol: Fair enough. :yeah:

LUXXXAS
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Daniela played 13 WTA tournaments in 2000 and was Newcomer of 2001 so Agnes will be newcomer of 2007 for SURE!

Cp6uja
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Daniela played 13 WTA tournaments in 2000 and was Newcomer of 2001 so Agnes will be newcomer of 2007 for SURE!
For example Mirza played WTA tournaments even in 2003 but she won "Newcomer" award in 2005.

Of course that Szavay and Paszek which both finished 2006 about #200 place is strongest candidates for "Newcomer of the year" award...

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:38 PM
For example Mirza played WTA tournaments even in 2003 but she won "Newcomer" award in 2005.

Of course that Szavay and Paszek which both finished 2006 about #200 place is strongest candidates for "Newcomer of the year" award...

Yes, but the point is - they aren't really newcomers if they have already been playing tour matches for 2 years. ;) Tamira sure as hell is not a newcomer... hasn't she won a tourney already in 2006? That's just crazy if she would be nominated as a newcomer. And if they were both around #200 and are not top 50, then should they not be in the "most improved" category instead? I think people have issues with the fact that people who have played on the tour (even if it's not full time) for 2-3 years can be called "newcomers".

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:50 PM

My God, you are right. I just had a look at how much Dani played in 2000 and no way was she a newcomer in 2001 but she got the award alright. And if Daniela can then I suppose Agnes can too, although in Agnes's case this is her third year on the tour which really is a bit much.

Agnes has had a great year, no question and she certainly deserves an award. But personally, in my mind, she is not a newcomer and while I would happily give her the most improved player or even the comeback player awards I don't feel it is right for her to get the newcomer award. But hey, with Daniela in 2001, you have shown a precident for the fact that it could very well happen. :shrug:

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:53 PM
My God, you are right. I just had a look at how much Dani played in 2000 and no way was she a newcomer in 2001 but she got the award alright. And if Daniela can then I suppose Agnes can too, although in Agnes's case this is her third year on the tour which really is a bit much.

Agnes has had a great year, no question and she certainly deserves an award. But personally, in my mind, she is not a newcomer and while I would happily give her the most improved player or even the comeback player awards I don't feel it is right for her to get the newcomer award. But hey, with Daniela in 2001, you have shown a precident for the fact that it could very well happen. :shrug:

Yeah, there's precedent, but does it still mean it's right? :p

mankind
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I think the first option, although Paszek could probably win Newcomer.

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:59 PM

In Mirza's case it is a little different. Sania had yet to win a match on the WTA tour at the start of 2005. But in Daniela's case she had won 6 WTA matches in 2000, including 2 quarterfinals. Now I love Dani but no way should she have gotten a newcomer award for 2001 after playing so much in 2000. In Sania's case, we are talking only about 3 main draws and two qualifying events and no matches won in the main draws. I'm okay with Sania getting the 2005 award.

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 15th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah, there's precedent, but does it still mean it's right? :p

Exactly, and you know what I think about that. :yeah:

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Exactly, and you know what I think about that. :yeah:

Yep, and I absolutely agree - but I'm still wondering how exactly they choose the candidates for it anyway.

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 15th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Yep, and I absolutely agree - but I'm still wondering how exactly they choose the candidates for it anyway.

A very good question. I would like to know the same. :worship:

Goai
Sep 15th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Venus for comeback, maybe even Davenport. Not Serena.

For most improved... I don't think Safarova is close. Probably Bartoli.

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Venus for comeback, maybe even Davenport. Not Serena.

For most improved... I don't think Safarova is close. Probably Bartoli.

:spit: Seriously? Davenport ahead of Serena? "You cannot be serious!" Daveport has so far played ONE tourney. Yes, she's had 2 great wins (Eleni and Jelena), but it's still just one tourney. Serena's at least won a GS!

Thanx4nothin
Sep 15th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Comeback player of the year = Venus.

Goai
Sep 15th, 2007, 01:18 PM
:spit: Seriously? Davenport ahead of Serena? "You cannot be serious!" Daveport has so far played ONE tourney. Yes, she's had 2 great wins (Eleni and Jelena), but it's still just one tourney. Serena's at least won a GS!

But Serena flopped at the end. I'd say it'd be a good comeback if Davenport wins her first tournament back and perhaps more.

chloe-l
Sep 15th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Justine / Bartoli / Paszek / Venus.

supergrunt
Sep 15th, 2007, 01:30 PM
PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Justine Henin
MOST IMPROVED PLAYER: Marion Bartoli (Bammer as well)
NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR: Sorana Cirstea
COMEBACK OF THE YEAR: Serena Williams

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 01:30 PM
But Serena flopped at the end. I'd say it'd be a good comeback if Davenport wins her first tournament back and perhaps more.

Yes, but seriously? You think that Lindsay winning a tier 3 (if she does), is a better come back than Serena winning a Grand Slam? COme on - no way (and I'm more of a Lindsay fan than I am of Serena, but a Grand Slam is always better than a Tier 3 tourney).

Cp6uja
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:10 PM
I realy dont see any problem to nominate Agnes and Tamira for NEWCOMER award only because they already played WTA tournaments in 2006 (both played 3 times in some WTA 2006 main draws). For example YEAR BEFORE they reach "NEWCOMER" award both Williams sister played 5 WTA tournaments (with MD matches) and Serena even have 2 TOP10 wins and reach SF in Chikago and finished 1997 in TOP100, but still reach "NEWCOMER" award for 1998. Hantuchova is not exception of some rules.

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I realy dont see any problem to nominate Agnes and Tamira for NEWCOMER award only because they already played WTA tournaments in 2006 (both played 3 times in some WTA 2006 main draws). For example YEAR BEFORE they reach "NEWCOMER" award both Williams sister played 5 WTA tournaments (with MD matches) and Serena even have 2 TOP10 wins and reach SF in Chikago and finished 1997 in TOP100, but still reach "NEWCOMER" award for 1998. Hantuchova is not exception of some rules.

No one said Dani was an exception to the rules - we are just wondering what exactly the rules are, because they seem a bit suspicious. :p

Freakan
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Safarova most improved:o She just lost 2:6 3:6 to Ondraskova in Czech tennis league match:o Apart from 2 good tournaments, she absolutely sucks:o Without pts for AO and Paris she would probably still be ranked where she was last year...

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Safarova most improved:o She just lost 2:6 3:6 to Ondraskova in Czech tennis league match:o Apart from 2 good tournaments, she absolutely sucks:o Without pts for AO and Paris she would probably still be ranked where she was last year...

Pretty much like Bartoli without Wimby then. ;)

Freakan
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Pretty much like Bartoli without Wimby then. ;)
Without Wimbledon, she still has some nice results.
Bammer deserves this award more then these 2 combined.

Cp6uja
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:01 PM

Bartoli played 24 tournaments so far in 2007 and this is her all TOP10 wins this year:

R16 (3) JANKOVIC, JELENA SRB 3 W 3-6 7-5 6-3
S (1) HENIN, JUSTINE BEL 1 W 1-6 7-5 6-1

and this is all other matches where she reach one set against TOP10 players:
R16 (6) VAIDISOVA, NICOLE CZE 10 L 4-6 6-3 6-2
S (1) MAURESMO, AMELIE FRA 5 L 6-3 6-7(1) 6-3

Because injuries, Safarova played only 14 tournaments so far but she have much more success than Bartoli against 2007 elite TOP10 players:

TOP10 wins:
R16 (2) MAURESMO, AMELIE FRA 3 W 6-4 6-3
R16 (5) VAIDISOVA, NICOLE CZE 9 W 6-4 6-2
Q (3) KUZNETSOVA, SVETLANA RUS 5 W 6-3 6-4
S (1) HENIN, JUSTINE BEL 2 W 7-6(5) 6-4
R32 (9) CHAKVETADZE, ANNA RUS 11 W 6-4 6-4
R32 (5) MAURESMO, AMELIE FRA 4 W 6-3 7-6(3)

One set win against TOP10:
R16 WILLIAMS, SERENA USA 94 L 6-3 3-6 7-6(5)
F (4) PETROVA, NADIA RUS 7 L 4-6 6-1 6-4
R16 (9) CHAKVETADZE, ANNA RUS 9 L 6-4 0-6 6-2
R32 (3) JANKOVIC, JELENA SRB 3 L 5-7 7-6(4) 6-2

Also, Safarova is now better ranked about 20 places than at end of 2006 and Marion only about 5 places, and Lucie is also 2,5 years younger than Marion...

Bammer deserves this award more then these 2 combined.Bammer played 21 tournament in 2007 and still not have any TOP10 win - and she actualy won only two single sets against TOP10 players in 2007 (her best win is against Serena, but that is Serenas 1st tournament after her comeback this year)!

DutchieGirl
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Bammer deserves this award more then these 2 combined.

Such as? :p

sammy01
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:08 PM
how did mary pierce not win come back of the year in 05? how can you give kim player of the year and comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beny
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Henin,Bartoli,Paszek,Venus

Unfortunately I saw Szavay play only against Sveta at USO...so. Paszek.

Tennis-Chick
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:30 PM
It should be:

Year: HENIN - Most Improved: PASZEK - Newcomer: CORNET - Comeback: SERENA

Cp6uja
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Current standings:
after about 100 voters

Player of the year
Henin - 100%

Most improved player
Bartoli - 75%
Safarova - 25%

Newcomer of the year
Szavay - 70%
Paszek - 30%

Comeback of the year
Serena - 33%
Venus - 67%

.Andrew.
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Year: Henin :worship:
Improved: Bartoli :hearts:
Newcomer: Szavay :yippee:
Comeback: Venus :bowdown:

Renalicious
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Year: HENIN , Most Improved: BARTOLI , Newcomer: PASZEK , Comeback: SERENA

attis765
Sep 15th, 2007, 05:05 PM

Ok.For the last time:

It's not "Svazay" but SZAVAY

If I had to choose only one person who does not have eidetic memory on this board,I'd choose you in a heartbeat.:)

hurricanejeanne
Sep 15th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Year: Henin
Most Improved: Bartoli
Newcomer: Szavay
Comeback: Serena

Willam
Sep 15th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Safarova, Paszek , Venus

matanuriel
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Can someone tell me why so many people think that Bartoli is the most improved player this year? She had a good run at WB and 4rd at the open and RG but beside that she hadn't do nothing! She didn't improved, the only thing that improved is her ranking and it should be back to where she belongs by WB 2008. Sorry but I son't see anything special about her, and I can name at the very least 10 girls who desrve this award more than she dose. I hope that Szavay will win it, she much better deserve it, I would even give it to Chaky, Bam Bam or even Paszek.

justine schnyder
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Can someone tell me why so many people think that Bartoli is the most improved player this year? She had a good run at WB and 4rd at the open and RG but beside that she hadn't do nothing! She didn't improved, the only thing that improved is her ranking and it should be back to where she belongs by WB 2008. Sorry but I son't see anything special about her, and I can name at the very least 10 girls who desrve this award more than she dose. I hope that Szavay will win it, she much better deserve it, I would even give it to Chaky, Bam Bam or even Paszek.

agree!:yeah:
But just one thing, the is no way Chaky will get this because last year she finished at 13 place.. Bammer/Paszek/Szavay definitelly deserve this..

AnnaK_4ever
Sep 15th, 2007, 07:01 PM
how did mary pierce not win come back of the year in 05? how can you give kim player of the year and comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Pierce played the full schedule in 2004, she even won one title and defeated Sharapova and Venus. I believe "comeback" means you've been sidelined for a while and returned with the pomp which was what Clijsters did in 2005.

Best player - Henin
Most improved - Bartoli (reached first Grand Slam 4th round this year followed by final appearance; reached first Tier II semifinal and just second Tier I QF in her career)
Newcomer - Szavay
Comeback - Venus

Lulu.
Sep 15th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Best player: Henin

Most improved: Bartoli

Newcomer: Szavay

Comeback: Serena

Cp6uja
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:23 PM
If some of Williams sisters won YEC - she will win "COMEBACK" 2007 award for sure.

sharapovarulz1
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Henin, Bartoli, Szavay and Serena :)

Shvedbarilescu
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Ok.For the last time:

It's not "Svazay" but SZAVAY

If I had to choose only one person who does not have eidetic memory on this board,I'd choose you in a heartbeat.:)

Honest mistake. I typed too fast. I'm sorry. :shrug:

SV_Fan
Sep 16th, 2007, 12:19 AM
We need more options like best dressed etc.

DutchieGirl
Sep 16th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Current standings:
after about 100 voters

Player of the year
Henin - 100%

Most improved player
Bartoli - 75%
Safarova - 25%

Newcomer of the year
Szavay - 70%
Paszek - 30%

Comeback of the year
Serena - 33%
Venus - 67%

I'd be worried if Henin wasn't 100% of the votes, seeing as she's the ONLY option. ;)

Blu€
Sep 16th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Henin - Bartoli - Svazay - Venus :wavey:

Cp6uja
Sep 16th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Henin - Bartoli - Szavay - Venus :wavey:Today all this 4 players deserve theys award - but dont forget that Lucie, Tamira and Serena have about 50 days to overtake theys opponents. And dont forget that before Wimbledon Safarova have much better year than Marion, Tamira than Szavay and Serena than Venus. Two months is enough time for changes and something big and important.

DimaDinosaur
Sep 16th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Allez Justine!

Helaena
Sep 16th, 2007, 08:48 AM
I'd be worried if Henin wasn't 100% of the votes, seeing as she's the ONLY option. ;)

lol... :haha:

Cp6uja
Sep 16th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I'd be worried if Henin wasn't 100% of the votes, seeing as she's the ONLY option. ;)Last season Justine played all 4 GS finals (won at RG) and won YEC and finished year at #1 - but that is not enough for her to reach "Player of the year" award because Mauresmo won two slams. But this year Henin won two slams and since Martina Hingis in 2000 she will be first #1 which ended year with wore than 1000 ranking points diference than #2! Henin is simple only contender for 2007 "Player of the year award".

DutchieGirl
Sep 16th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Last season Justine played all 4 GS finals (won at RG) and won YEC and finished year at #1 - but that is not enough for her to reach "Player of the year" award because Mauresmo won two slams. But this year Henin won two slams and since Martina Hingis in 2000 she will be first #1 which ended year with wore than 1000 ranking points diference than #2! Henin is simple only contender for 2007 "Player of the year award".

I never said she shouldn't get the award. I just said that when you are reporting the votes, I'd be worried if Justine wasn't at 100% - because there are no other options that you included for player of the year - therefore she HAS to have 100%, right? :p

LUXXXAS
Sep 16th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Best comeback: Lindsay ! :banana:

Cp6uja
Sep 16th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Best comeback: Lindsay ! :banana:She dont have enough time and tournaments to end this year in TOP50 - so she will reach "Comeback of the year" easy in 2008! But i suggesting WTA to have new award - "MOM OF THE YEAR", and Bammer and Lindsay will be very close for that award :drool: .

Cp6uja
Sep 16th, 2007, 12:17 PM
She dont have enough time and tournaments to end this year in TOP50 - so she will reach "Comeback of the year" easy in 2008!OUPS :smash: ... i forget for Kim... In 2008 we will have same strong batle for "Comeback award" like this 2007 between sisters...

Mamas rules :rocker2: