PDA

View Full Version : Henin & Jankovic enter Stuttgart; Serena in Moscow

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:27 AM
that makes Stuttgart field just as it used to be :o :eek:
every top 20 player except Venus entered.

Bammer was 1st pull out.
Henin is #1 next in and Jankovic #2.

could have 2 1st rd matches there between top 10 players.........

as usual we'll have the usual pullouts :o :rolleyes:

Serena is 1st next into Moscow field.

Ferosh
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:47 AM
could have 2 1st rd matches there between top 10 players.........

:eek:

There were a lot of incredible matches in Stuttgart last year.

RJWCapriati
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:53 AM
:eek: Hope it will hold form

eck
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Won't JJ get seeded 3rd?

Bruno71
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Won't JJ get seeded 3rd?

JuJu & JJ are on the next to get in list since they weren't on the original entry list. The seedings will follow the rankings & JJ will be #3.

daniel122292
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:11 AM
So is Serena playing Moscow?

lizchris
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:14 AM
I hope Venus entetrs Stuttgart

eck
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:24 AM
JuJu & JJ are on the next to get in list since they weren't on the original entry list. The seedings will follow the rankings & JJ will be #3.

Oh
So #1 vs #3 is possible in first round?
That's like a pre-YEC match preview.

Bruno71
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Oh
So #1 vs #3 is possible in first round?
That's like a pre-YEC match preview.

No that won't be possible...each of the top 4 seeds in the tourney will get their own quarter, as is standard. With so many top 10 players in the draw, it's possible 2 could meet early, but not JJ/JuJu.

eck
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:36 AM
No that won't be possible...each of the top 4 seeds in the tourney will get their own quarter, as is standard. With so many top 10 players in the draw, it's possible 2 could meet early, but not JJ/JuJu.

Ah OK.
That makes more sense.
But is it possible if JJ/Ju meet someone seeded #8 before the quarters?

I'm still alittle blur with this

mankind
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Ah OK.
That makes more sense.
But is it possible if JJ/Ju meet someone seeded #8 before the quarters?

I'm still alittle blur with this

Chakvetadze, Ivanovic, Serena (#5, 6, 7) could play JJ or Henin or Sharapova early in the tournament.

winone23
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Serena in Moscow :yeah:

Paneru
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:52 AM
I hope Venus entetrs Stuttgart

Korea to Germany to Thailand; No Byes.

You think Venus would actually try and dare
to possibly play 15 matches in 21 days?

Korea or thailand is a tour committment. And though
she could drop one to play in Germany, but she already
committed and she did say she just wanted to honour
her committments. Therefore, I don't see her dropping
the lesser event or playing three weeks straight with no byes.
Especially with her energy issue's.

Denise4925
Sep 15th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Serena is 1st next into Moscow field.

I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying Serena is seeded 1st or will pull out first?

The Kaz
Sep 15th, 2007, 05:24 AM
I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying Serena is seeded 1st or will pull out first?

Serena entered the tournament AFTER the MD entry-list deadline and so now she is on the WAITING list of player for the tourney - this practice is standard because it is NOT fair for a higher ranked player to push another player out of the MD with they did not enter before the deadline. She will still be seeded accordingly though (as long as a MD player withdraws - if none do, no tourney for Serena ;))

ptkten
Sep 15th, 2007, 05:28 AM
Serena entered the tournament AFTER the MD entry-list deadline and so now she is on the WAITING list of player for the tourney - this practice is standard because it is NOT fair for a higher ranked player to push another player out of the MD with they did not enter before the deadline. She will still be seeded accordingly though (as long as a MD player withdraws - if none do, no tourney for Serena ;))

She'll get in if she wants to play, she'll get a wc if no one else withdraws

MistyGrey
Sep 15th, 2007, 05:37 AM
I dont want Justine to play here. She should play Moscow and Zurich, thats enough.

Denise4925
Sep 15th, 2007, 05:42 AM

Are you joking??!! She'll play if she wants to play. What tournament director, in their right mind, is going to turn her down?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Sep 15th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Serena won't play Moscow. I'd be surprised if she played at all in the fall

Rtael
Sep 15th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Are you joking??!! She'll play if she wants to play. What tournament director, in their right mind, is going to turn her down?

If a tournament has a WC, I'm sure Serena would get it, but beyond that it's not about them "letting" Serena play, it's the rules.

pav
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Haha,Some jumped up Rena fans probably think some inferior player should immediately pull out and show some damn R'spect for big ol Rena. give me a break!

mr_burns
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:33 AM
what's with bammer

Denise4925
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:39 AM
If a tournament has a WC, I'm sure Serena would get it, but beyond that it's not about them "letting" Serena play, it's the rules.

Okay, then they will figure out a way, like create/open up a WC. I know you hate Serena, but it would happen for any multi-grand slam winner, who's currently holding a major slam championship.

Denise4925
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Haha,Some jumped up Rena fans probably think some inferior player should immediately pull out and show some damn R'spect for big ol Rena. give me a break!

No, the director will revoke the WC of an inferior player. It's been done.

Ben.
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:47 AM
The possibility of Serena playing Moscow :eek: I'll only believe it until she actually plays there.

Rtael
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Okay, then they will figure out a way, like create/open up a WC. I know you hate Serena, but it would happen for any multi-grand slam winner, who's currently holding a major slam championship.

Okay, I hate Serena. :shrug: I guess because you say it, it must be true.

Jaffas85
Sep 15th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Serena has already committed to playing Stuttgart (Oct 1 - 7) and Zurich (Oct 15 - 21).

If she plays Moscow, which is in-between those two events, she would be playing 3 weeks in a row. That sounds more like Nikolay Davydenko than Serena Williams.

Are we sure she wants to play Moscow and if she does would she be dropping either Stuttgart or Zurich so she wouldn't be playing three tournaments in a row?

Thankyou.

If anything, Venus should be adding a larger indoor tournament to her schedule, such as Linz, as Seoul and Bangkok are both small tournaments with little competition for her and Linz, a Tier II tournament, would start a week after Bangkok ended so that would be possible.

mankind
Sep 15th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Serena won't play Moscow. That's what I think anyway.
I wonder why all the top players are playing Stuttgart over a Tier I like Moscow or even Zurich?
$$$$ I'm guessing, even though they none of them need it.

Denise4925
Sep 15th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Okay, I hate Serena. :shrug: I guess because you say it, it must be true.

Okay, maybe hate is a strong word. You dislike her; you dislike her attitude; you dislike her play; you dislike the way she handles the media; she's arrogant; you're not a fan. Anyone of those fit?

Denise4925
Sep 15th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Serena has already committed to playing Stuttgart (Oct 1 - 7) and Zurich (Oct 15 - 21).

If she plays Moscow, which is in-between those two events, she would be playing 3 weeks in a row. That sounds more like Nikolay Davydenko than Serena Williams.

Are we sure she wants to play Moscow and if she does would she be dropping either Stuttgart or Zurich so she wouldn't be playing three tournaments in a row?

Thankyou.

If anything, Venus should be adding a larger indoor tournament to her schedule, such as Linz, as Seoul and Bangkok are both small tournaments with little competition for her and Linz, a Tier II tournament, would start a week after Bangkok ended so that would be possible.

IDK, maybe she's trying to keep her ranking up in the top 10 in order to play YEC. Maybe she will, maybe she won't. I was just questioning the first question about her status since she's not in the main draw. My argument is that if a top 10 player wants to play a tournament and they were late for entering the main draw, a tourney director will find a way to get them in the tournament.

Lulu.
Sep 15th, 2007, 07:50 AM
I'm not gonna get my hopes up just yet. :)

Russianboy
Sep 15th, 2007, 08:27 AM
I hope all players will come :hearts:

Hashim.
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:48 AM
wow!!

Beny
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Serena is playing Moscow like she was playing New Haven...
..well,it's a Tier-I so the chances she'll play raise about 0.1%

Hope Stuttgart has at least 70% that are on the Entry list. The tourney will be great and definitely more difficult for nadia to defend.. :)

hale-bob
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I wonder why all the top players are playing Stuttgart over a Tier I like Moscow or even Zurich?

Maybe they all want the Porsche ;)

babsi
Sep 15th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I don't see the point of this argument? Serena gets into the main draw, no question. Somebody will pull out and she'll get in that way. If heavens forbid no one does then the tournament will give her the gold/silver exempt wildcard.

Clear?

Chrisi
Sep 15th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I can't imagine Serena to play 3 tournaments in a row :rolleyes:

Russianboy
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:00 PM

they dont really care if it's a T1 or T2. They want to enjoy and have fun. and of course all of them want to have extravagance. And Stuttgart is one of the best tournys when it's about organization etc...also it's very high tech

DimaDinosaur
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:46 PM

Hantuchova will probably draw one of the top 4 seeds in the 1st rd :rolleyes:

mankind
Sep 15th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Did the Stuttgart tournament used to be in Filderstadt?

Craigy
Sep 15th, 2007, 01:23 PM
I'm not gonna get my hopes up just yet. :)

I know right? Serena's indoor season = :help: every year. :lol:

danieln1
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I think Serena won´t play any tournament in the indoor season, she´ll withdraw like every year since 2004 i think, when she lost R1 to Jidkova in Linz

Beny
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:25 PM

Yes,it did.

And I liked it there better..

Olórin
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:39 PM
I think Serena won´t play any tournament in the indoor season, she´ll withdraw like every year since 2004 i think, when she lost R1 to Jidkova in Linz

She also won Beijing in 2004. She played in 2005, but she lost to Sun in Beijing and was too fat anyway to play tennis, so Im glad she didn't play anymore that year.

In 2006 she was preparing her court case. So in 2007 we will have to wait and see. Im not getting my hopes up, but I sure wish so many people weren't ready to jump on Serena's back and say she won't play, as when she doesn't play, she more often than not does have her reasons. So let's just adopt a wait and see approach.

Also, I hope if she does play Serena ends up on the other side of the draw from Justine, give someone else a chance to beat her. Enough losses to the same person for one year :lol:

DimaDinosaur
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:41 PM

Oh! I was wondering what happened to that tournament. LOL

supergrunt
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:47 PM
so is Serena playing Stuttgart as well? I'm confused.

Olórin
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:48 PM
so is Serena playing Stuttgart as well? I'm confused.

According to this thread, Serena is now entered for Stuttgart, Moscow and Zurich :help:

I hope she plays one of the tier ones though :D

vejh
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Serena won't play any of those tournies.lol.

Prove me wrong Serena; this is a challenge:)

Leo_DFP
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Oh, so Stuttgart is the tournament moved from Filderstadt. I kept wondering what this event was with so many top players when I never heard of it before. I can't believe there's no more Stuttgart, and also no more Zurich after 2008. :(

Won't there be 8 seeds in this draw? So why would Serena, Chakvetadze, or Ivanovic, meet the top 4 before the QF?

doni1212
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:38 PM
So, this is kind of off topic but isn't Serena supposed to be running across L.A. in about 20 minutes?

.Andrew.
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Awesome field at Stuttgart! :hearts: Hopefully there will be no withdrawls. :p

Someone withdraw so Serena can play at Moscow! :worship: :bounce:

Russianboy
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Oh, so Stuttgart is the tournament moved from Filderstadt. I kept wondering what this event was with so many top players when I never heard of it before. I can't believe there's no more Stuttgart, and also no more Zurich after 2008. :(

Won't there be 8 seeds in this draw? So why would Serena, Chakvetadze, or Ivanovic, meet the top 4 before the QF?

no Stuttgart will be alive ;) it will move to april or so

sweetpeas
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Serena entered the tournament AFTER the MD entry-list deadline and so now she is on the WAITING list of player for the tourney - this practice is standard because it is NOT fair for a higher ranked player to push another player out of the MD with they did not enter before the deadline. She will still be seeded accordingly though (as long as a MD player withdraws - if none do, no tourney for Serena )

Kazmarnica,,,Wow,how did you find all this information?About Serena!:wavey:

empressionist
Sep 15th, 2007, 07:40 PM
will we have any tournament without jelena until the end of the year? she will do so, so bad in Madrid. she even said in New York she will cut-down her schedule till the end of the year, if this is it, then what would it look like, if it wasn't cut down??

supergrunt
Sep 15th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Serena- please play and win all of these tournaments. Then maybe you will get the privilege of bing my #1 fave again.

Serenidad.
Sep 15th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Supergrunt you are such a fairweather fan. Go away. You may aswell be a SharaHOva fan.

supergrunt
Sep 15th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Supergrunt you are such a fairweather fan. Go away. You may aswell be a SharaHOva fan.

:( how dare you question my Serenafanship- So what about 2006? That really wasn't fairweather. :( :(

homogenius
Sep 15th, 2007, 08:01 PM
:( how dare you question my Serenafanship- So what about 2006? That really wasn't fairweather. :( :(

Go Venus...(next is Henin).

Apoleb
Sep 15th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Why would she enter so late if she was planning to withdraw?

I think she'll play and drop one of the other two. Most likely Stuttgart cause Justine will be there. :devil:

supergrunt
Sep 15th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I’m just disappointed with Serena right now :(

jellybelly
Sep 15th, 2007, 08:14 PM

What a turncoat!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out:wavey:

AnnaK_4ever
Sep 15th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Why would she enter so late if she was planning to withdraw?

I think she'll play and drop one of the other two. Most likely Stuttgart cause Justine will be there. :devil:

Justine is also in Moscow and Zurich...

mckyle.
Sep 15th, 2007, 08:17 PM

Venus? :(

supergrunt
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:34 PM
What a turncoat!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out:wavey:

stop :tears:

cecilija
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Justine is also in Moscow and Zurich...

She will skip Moscow :sad:

doni1212
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:43 PM
stop :tears:

It's ok, supergrunt. I still like you, :)

supergrunt
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:53 PM
It's ok, supergrunt. I still like you, :)

Olórin
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I like you as well Supergrunt. You talk more sense than a lot of people :D

I think many of us are little disappointed in Serena at the moment. We will give her time though, she will be back as always. :cool:

jonny84
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Looking forward to the indoor tournaments!