PDA

View Full Version : And some people here had the nerve to say that Lindsay would lose

danieln1
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Those guys who said that Davenport would be "blown off" the court by Jankovic, in straight sets, only in your dreams! You donīt even compare those two players, because Lindsay is the better player. Forehand, Backhand, Groundstokes in general, Volleys, SERVE!, Davenport is a legend, Jelena is just starting...
Even as a new mom and a little overweight, she can beat these kind of players... Now go on and win the title!! Itīs so good to have her back!

mankind
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:17 AM
It was a fair enough prediction. Apparently Jankovic self-destructed anyway.

Serenidad.
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:18 AM
I'm not even a Davenport fan, but how was it a fair prediction? Lindsay a can hit a groundstroke winner with a higher velocity than most of Jelena's second serves.

Donny
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:27 AM
A Lindsay fan trashtalking...

That's def. a first since I've been here.

goldenslam888
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:32 AM
says something about the state of the wta. i wouldn't be surprised if justine won the grand slam next year.

swissmr
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:39 AM

That's a good observation actually! Davenport fans are the polite, quiet ones.

danieln1
Sep 15th, 2007, 02:46 AM

Itīs not trashtalking, itīs just the truth, and you know that! Iīm not saying bad things about a player or whatever...

GrandSlam05
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Honestly, I thought JJ would win, but I never thought she would "blow Lindsay off the court". She just doesn't have the weapons to do that to Lindsay. Anyway, I'm glad the way it turned out. ;)

MagicMilan
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Itīs not trashtalking, itīs just the truth, and you know that! Iīm not saying bad things about a player or whatever...
:spit: Yeah, like it would be the first time for you :help:

LUIS9
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Honestly, I thought JJ would win, but I never thought she would "blow Lindsay off the court". She just doesn't have the weapons to do that to Lindsay. Anyway, I'm glad the way it turned out. ;)

It's what I have been saying all along with the current crop of players Clijsters would feast off on them and Davenport just proved that once she completely regains her form and match toughness which she apparently isn't very far from gaining will regularly swipe aside the likes of Jelena and company. Jankovic is good but Davenport belongs to an elite company, she's a great in the history of the game. :worship:

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 15th, 2007, 08:23 AM
I think its fair to predict that Davenport could lose.\

The only thing that is pathetic is that some people hardly give Lindsay some respect in their prediction like she will be blown off by JJ.

Well, for those people............... IN YOUR FACE!!! 6-4 2-6 6-2 game set and match Davenport

Yasmine
Sep 15th, 2007, 08:32 AM
What was wrong with making such a prediction? :scratch:
Does it take any credit off Lindsay's win? Nope. If predictions on this board were always right, I mean that would be a first. :lol:

Just enjoy her nice come back, instead of talking about those who doubted her in the first place;)

I was one of those who predicted wrong btw. But that doesn't stop me from saying :hatoff: Lindsay and wishing her to win the tourney.

Elldee
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Jankovic should have won. I'm a Lindsay fan and I think that had Jelena not blown up in the third that she'd have closed it out. In hindsight everyone is saying that it's a bad match up for Jelena when Jelena is so like Kim that I can hardly see why this is true... if anything I'd say it's a bad match up for Lindsay as shown in Dubai '05 when she scraped through after a tired Jelena threw in two doubles and an error at *4-5 in the third, having had break points in Lindsay D's game at 4 all.

~Kiera~
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:24 PM
What was wrong with making such a prediction? :scratch:

Absolutely nothing. Jelena was the favourite coming into the match, as confirmed by the odds at the bookmakers. In percentage terms, they'd estimated her chances of winning to be around 65-67%.

Of course, being a favourite doesn't mean they're going to win but it does confirm the market thinking and the perceived likelihood of a selection winning based on numerous factors.

Yasmine
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Absolutely nothing. Jelena was the favourite coming into the match, as confirmed by the odds at the bookmakers. In percentage terms, they'd estimated her chances of winning to be around 65-67%.

Of course, being a favourite doesn't mean they're going to win but it does confirm the market thinking and the perceived likelihood of a selection winning based on numerous factors.
I agree. I was just reacting to some of the posts "as if it was like so bad" kind of thing;)

The Daviator
Sep 15th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Jankovic should have won. I'm a Lindsay fan and I think that had Jelena not blown up in the third that she'd have closed it out. In hindsight everyone is saying that it's a bad match up for Jelena when Jelena is so like Kim that I can hardly see why this is true... if anything I'd say it's a bad match up for Lindsay as shown in Dubai '05 when she scraped through after a tired Jelena threw in two doubles and an error at *4-5 in the third, having had break points in Lindsay D's game at 4 all.

Lindsay was up 4-2 in the 3rd when Jelena 'blew up' :confused: JJ is a great match-up for Linds, she's not like Kim, Kim had a better serve and more pop on her strokes...

Anyway, stop winding people up thread starter :o