PDA

View Full Version : My fed cup 2007 Final report

stefi62
Sep 14th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Hey guys,

So here I am live from Moscow! I am there to support the Italian team. I thought some of you would like a report from here. So here it is! :bounce:
We arrived yesterday, 5 girls from France to support the Italians. We've been supporting them until the final last year, and followed them everywhere since then. So that's why we are in Russia.

This morning, we were not sure we could, but we wanted to attend the draw. So we arrived early at the stadium, and could enter.
The first girl we saw there was MaSha. Quite cold and impressive physically. Then we could talk to Mara. She is happy and proud to play singles. And so nice with us.
Tomorrow we will be placed just behind the Italian team, first row! That'll be so great!

The draw: quite long and boring, but a few funny details:
_ MaSha was not allowed to sit with the other girls, do she sat next to the Italiam staff. All the photographers were after her. She was really happy, but not sure all the other girls of the team were as happy! :p
_ The Italian staff was so funny and cheering when each name was pronounced!
_ When the draw for next year for Russia was announced, Kuzy started a prayer saying ' please, please, not in Israel!!!!!!!' and then they go in Israel. So she laughed, looked at MaSha amd told her 'you'll go there, I won't' :D
_ After the draw, we saw Kuzy with the team and something in her hands, under her arms. We looked closer, and that thing was actually Petrova's head! So funny! They're clowns together!
_ When Spain was drawn for Italy next year, all the girls were so relieved and happy to play home they laughed, yelled of joy, and raised the hands in the air, especially Roby
_ After the ceremony was over, training cession with Flavia and Franci. Quite relaxed. Franci was so focused, and at the same time enkoying the moment, totally unlike last round in Italy.
_ The following training was Petrova, Kuzy and Vesnina but we had to leave...

No pictures or videos for now, but when I'm back home, I have more than one hour taped, and my friends took beautiful pics of both teams. Funny moments on tape...

See you tomorrow! :wavey:

Mightymirza
Sep 14th, 2007, 03:13 PM
grazie...

go_russia
Sep 14th, 2007, 03:16 PM
great thanks !!!

goldenlox
Sep 14th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Good stuff

When the draw for next year for Russia was announced, Kuzy started a prayer saying ' please, please, not in Israel!!!!!!!' and then they go in Israel. So she laughed, looked at MaSha amd told her 'you'll go there, I won't' :D

FORZA SARITA
Sep 14th, 2007, 03:20 PM
merci stefi ;)

Ben.
Sep 14th, 2007, 03:23 PM
thanks stefi62 :D
that is some good goss :yeah:

WTAfanatiks
Sep 14th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Hey guys,

The draw: quite long and boring, but a few funny details:
_ MaSha was not allowed to sit with the other girls, do she sat next to the Italiam staff. All the photographers were after her. She was really happy, but not sure all the other girls of the team were as happy! :p
:wavey:

You mean this: :lol:
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070914/capt.b0219dfcbce14279a9e9e92a25ed3db1.russia_tenni s_fed_cup_final_italy_mosb118.jpg
"Maria: Hmmm...Where should I sit..."
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070914/capt.113632ebb16f4935ac586f0286581271.russia_tenni s_fed_cup_final_italy_mosb116.jpg
"Maria: Maybe the Italians would welcome me in their team..."
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070914/capt.066ae54488624402a3979d54d9b2e225.russia_tenni s_fed_cup_final_italy_mosb119.jpg
"Nadia(pointing at an empty seat next to Vesnina): You can sit there... Added Vesnina: Yea Maria, the seat next to mine is empty..."

_ When the draw for next year for Russia was announced, Kuzy started a prayer saying ' please, please, not in Israel!!!!!!!' and then they go in Israel. So she laughed, looked at MaSha amd told her 'you'll go there, I won't'

:lol: Kuzy is funny!

GREAT REPORT BY THE WAY stefi62! PLEASE CONTINUE TO UPDATE US... Thanks! :)

AlexBarrington
Sep 14th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Grazie stefy :)

-sugi-
Sep 14th, 2007, 04:17 PM

friendsita
Sep 14th, 2007, 04:42 PM
You mean this: :lol:
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070914/capt.b0219dfcbce14279a9e9e92a25ed3db1.russia_tenni s_fed_cup_final_italy_mosb118.jpg
"Maria: Hmmm...Where should I sit..."
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070914/capt.113632ebb16f4935ac586f0286581271.russia_tenni s_fed_cup_final_italy_mosb116.jpg
"Maria: Maybe the Italians would welcome me in their team..."
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070914/capt.066ae54488624402a3979d54d9b2e225.russia_tenni s_fed_cup_final_italy_mosb119.jpg
"Nadia(pointing at an empty seat next to Vesnina): You can sit there... Added Vesnina: Yea Maria, the seat next to mine is empty..."

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/37/fullj.getty-russia-tennis-federation-cup.jpg
"Kuzy(pointing at Maria): You go and play in Israel next year!" :lol:

:lol: :lol: :tape: poor Masha :rolleyes: :sad:

stefi62
Sep 15th, 2007, 04:43 AM
I forgot to tell I also saw Myskina and Kafelnikov there....but no Lena D

LudwigDvorak
Sep 15th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Elena's probably in Beijing.

maddyus
Sep 15th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Great report stefi
merci :)

mankind
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the report stefi62. Can you believe it, I have not left Moscow for over 5 years and the very time I have to leave the country, we host Fed Cup final. :mad: :sobbing:

stefi62
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:29 AM
The proof I was there not far from Maria and the journalists, and that I taped:

http://www.cs.unibo.it/~puricell/girls2.jpg

*Jean*
Sep 15th, 2007, 06:41 AM
_ After the draw, we saw Kuzy with the team and something in her hands, under her arms. We looked closer, and that thing was actually Petrova's head! So funny! They're clowns together! :haha: :haha:

stefi62
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Mixed feelings about today; on one hand, we were in the center of everything, in the VIP tribune, just behind the Italian team, and on the other hand the defeats leave a bitter taste!

For the second match, no problem, Mara could not handle that Kuzy, far too strong for her. I am sad for Mara, she ends very frustrated, but she was in quite a good mood after, that's okay... Kuzy is anyway a very though and great player, and I like her cos she is so nice. The players like her a lot.

About Franci's match, frustration is the word that dominates. They were close, amd Franci was leading 3-0 in the third, and then it all went wrong.

We sang, and laughed, and yelled.... we had fun!

_ We were just behind the referees, and as they are the only ones understanding what we say (we are French, like Sandra de Jenken and Alison speaks very well English), we had much fun with them!
_ Maria seemed to take pleasure in cheering for the others, she was all smiles all day! Except when we sang! But she bent done when I was taping not to disturb me and that was nice of her!
_ Petrova looked very different too many... I can't explain really, but she looks more feminine than usually...
_Roby spent half Franci's match with a joker hat on her head, so funny!

That's it for today, ciao!

FORZA SARITA
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Stefi i've seen you with the video camera ;) and Solene say "Forza Franciiiiiii!! :lol:
Solene you're my idol :rocker2:

AlexBarrington
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I always see u in tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 especially you, taxpower and super b ;)

thnx for report!!!

sharapovarulz1
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the report Stefi62 :) And bless Maria not being able to find a seat and kneeling down lol

stefi62
Sep 16th, 2007, 11:42 PM
So that is done, the girls lost! But no sadness, the better team of the week end (and obviously the best team of the two) won, that's all! When the winner is good, you have to admit it simply!

The day started with a training by Kuzy and Chaky. Long balls, very tight... great tennis.
We could talk a bit to some of the Italian girls before the match. They knew it would be very hard. Karin Knapp had to leave to go to Portoroz. Tathy Garbin was still there.

Franci played very well at moments, but did not feel comfortable in other moments and lost after losing two match points. Kuzy really is a great player, she can be decisive on themost important points.

We were sitting just behing the Italian girls, in the VIP tribune, so we lived everything with them. Franci was very disappointed at her. Mara played despite a foot injury, and lost her second match as well. She felt so bad, but we saw her later and she was smiling and even laughing with us.. Great girl!
Flavia is so skinny! I hope she gets back on tracks soon. She is lovable! She told us she would play in Asia and only Zurich in Europe.
Roby is Roby, the funniest one of the team, always kidding, even with Franci when she was oncourt!

So we were in the VIP tribune, just behind the players, and also the umpires! This week end, Sandra De Jenken and Alison Lang, and the supervisor was an English lady. We had great fun with them. Sandra is French like my friends and I, so we talked a lot with her. She told me she had not left the WTA tour, but tried to combine it with the ATP.

From the Russian team: Congrats to the queen Sveta, queen oncourt and offcourt. Elena Vesnina did good against an injured Mara, and was nice to us when we applauded her after the victory of her team. Sveta reacted with a big smile towards us and a thumb up. Very fair play.
Chaky, Alla and Petrova were nice about it too. But MaSha greatly ignored us, denying signatures on ball for kids. :(
Scoop about Tarpishev: I have seen him smile!!!! I swear!

2 more days in Moscow visiting! The Fed Cup 2007 is over. I've followed the Italian team on each round, and will probably do so again next year. I'm proud of the girls, they reached the final for the second year, which is great!

Ciao everybody,

Next week report from Luxembourg if people are interested! :wavey:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Sep 16th, 2007, 11:59 PM
thanks for the reports-they're great!!!
sveta is a legend, i met her in sydney and she was so nice :D
the italian girls all seem to be happy and enjoying themselves nearly all of the time :worship:
enjoy moscow, i went there last year and despite being bloody freezing it really is an amazing place :D

goldenlox
Sep 17th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Sveta reacted with a big smile towards us and a thumb up. Very fair play.
Chaky, Alla and Petrova were nice about it too. But MaSha greatly ignored us, denying signatures on ball for kids. :(

Next week report from Luxembourg if people are interested! :wavey:Sharapova's not nice? Who knew :scratch:

tucker1989
Sep 17th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Great reports! Can't wait for Luxembourg!

maddyus
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:07 AM
Great stories, i want the Luxemburg's reports too!!!

I have seen u and the other girls on tv, great support, Good Job!! :D :D

go_russia
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:56 PM
great, thanks a lot!!
Sharapova ignored you => what a surprise !!!

FORZA SARITA
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Grazie Stefi :worship:

MaSha greatly ignored us, denying signatures on ball for kids. :(

:weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:

TaxPower
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Stefi i've seen you with the video camera ;) and Solene say "Forza Franciiiiiii!! :lol:
Solene you're my idol :rocker2:

i am a big star, I know! During this trip, I lost my voice and my luggage!!! But I've been on tv all the week end, it's a good point. Has anyone taped it?
Great reports stefi. Personnally, i would say that Italy deserved at least one point for the way Franci played and because they all did their best (even the referees agreed with me)
And Sandra is officially a friend of ours!!!

Natalicious
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:47 PM
thanks for the great report :yeah:

FORZA SARITA
Sep 17th, 2007, 06:07 PM
i am a big star, I know! During this trip, I lost my voice and my luggage!!! But I've been on tv all the week end, it's a good point. Has anyone taped it?
Great reports stefi. Personnally, i would say that Italy deserved at least one point for the way Franci played and because they all did their best (even the referees agreed with me)
And Sandra is officially a friend of ours!!!

i've seen a pic of you on sport yahoo :eek: with Angelo :awww: really a cute pic :awww:

Helaena
Sep 17th, 2007, 07:59 PM
great..its so much fun...:bounce:

Nadie
Sep 17th, 2007, 08:13 PM
:bounce: enjoy your stay in Moscow :wavey:

I have one pic of Italian stands :D I guess you were somewhere there :)

FORZA SARITA
Sep 17th, 2007, 08:36 PM

who's the blonde girl near Flavia?i saw her for the whole weekend but i have no idea :confused:

rod99
Sep 17th, 2007, 10:37 PM
who's the blonde girl near Flavia?i saw her for the whole weekend but i have no idea :confused:

i thought it might have been maria elena camerin.

stefi62
Sep 17th, 2007, 11:27 PM

She is a friend of the players who works for FIT I guess

stefi62
Sep 17th, 2007, 11:28 PM

I'm the one with the video camera! ;) :wavey:

goldenlox
Sep 18th, 2007, 01:53 AM
You're looking up at the stands behind u?

stefi62
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:47 AM
You're looking up at the stands behind u?

Yes, I am taping them... were you behind us?

Ben.
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:59 AM
thanks stefi for sharing your experiences :yeah:

Myggen
Sep 18th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Anyone knows if the Russians had a big party after their win?

stefi62
Sep 20th, 2007, 08:24 AM
As promised:

Sveta and the draw: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CBY0BLZB (PM me for password)

Roby and the draw: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1IRDB2MX

Sharpie making fun of the Russian team: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q4S43ZSQ (PM me for password)

Sorry, I cannot put it on youtube.