PDA

View Full Version : Tennis and romance - Mirka on Yahoo main page...eek...

bellascarlett
Sep 14th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Courtship Off the Court
By Molly McCall
Wed, September 12, 2007, 1:08 pm PDT
< Previous | Next >

The U.S. Open produced trophies for Roger Federer and Justine Henin, and boosted buzz on all the high-ranking players, including Novak Djokovic, the jokey Serb who dared face the force of "Darth Federer."

Judging from the scores in Search, though, tennis fans were more interested in the emotions blossoming off the court than the tally of love over the net. The tournament's greatest search spikes pursued the romantic life of the racket-wielding set.

Buzz for "roger federer girlfriend" leapt 1,693% over the past week, while interest in the lucky lady's name ("mirka vavrinec") surged 435%. Queries for "novak djokovic girlfriend" climbed 614%. And lookups for "rafael nadal girlfriend" more than doubled.

The women also drew high points for their paramours. Buzz on "maria sharapova boyfriend russian" (+587%), "venus williams boyfriend photo" (+516%), "venus williams boyfriend" (+385%), and "serena williams boyfriend" (+179%) all thumped upwards. Ain't love a grand slam?

Sadly, breaking hearts draw lookyloos, too. Justine Henin took home the women's trophy, but the search term that spiked 4,658% for her over the past seven days—and topped the Belgian player's buzz—was "justine henin divorce."

Mirka also gets a link to her photos....:lol:
also had to laugh at "maria sharapova boyfriend russian"...

Elldee
Sep 14th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I saw this and went and checked out Mirka's career again on wtatour... i forgot she'd beaten henin. Also no wonder people are searching for "Justine Henin divorce" after that big American man announced the winner of the 2007 US Open as JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE!

bellascarlett
Sep 14th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I saw this and went and checked out Mirka's career again on wtatour... i forgot she'd beaten henin. Also no wonder people are searching for "Justine Henin divorce" after that big American man announced the winner of the 2007 US Open as JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE!

:lol: yeah

wow, she beat henin. didn't know. just checked...she was actually ranked higher than justine at that time. she is older anyway. didn't know mirka was also 3 years older than roger. :eek:....well, the yahoo main page spotlight actually is good for mirka. never been to her wtatour profile page before. :lol:

eck
Sep 14th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Henin proves once again she's killing the competition. ;)

Let's see Mirka vs Justine now. :armed: