PDA

View Full Version : daniela & easy draws: 0-2, can she make it 1-2?

roelc
Sep 13th, 2007, 06:48 PM
new haven,
daniela is seeded 2nd and has a good draw. she meets szavay (qualifier, but a good player, US Open QED) and loses her first match

us open,
daniela is seeded 9th and there is no williams-sister around! there is a possible match-up with petrova in R4. but vakulenko (again a decent player) is too strong in the first round

bali,
daniela is seed #2. she beats tamaela (a wild card) and now meets morita (a qualifier) in the quarters. in the semifinal she should meet cirstea (WTA-137) or gallovits (WTA-86).
please do what you have to do and reach the finals here! thanks

saint2
Sep 13th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Shavay wasnt easy draw...Even if she was a qualifier...

roelc
Sep 13th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Shavay wasnt easy draw...Even if she was a qualifier...

I know, but overall she had an easy draw in new haven
but you have to win the first match of course...

jonny84
Sep 13th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Szavay was on fire at New Haven and at the US Open. It was just unlucky that Daniela faced her early at New Haven.

Vakulenko is a good player, and again Daniela was unlucky to get someone so dangerous in the first round. Vakulenko nearly took out Kuznetsova at Wimbledon in the first round too.

Bali - she should make the final. Fingers crossed.

winone23
Sep 13th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Dani won her matches, what else could she do??

justine schnyder
Sep 13th, 2007, 08:56 PM
there is a differnce between Sazavay/Vakulenko and morita/Galovits and damn Cirstea (I'm soory, but I can't believe Patty lost to her!!!)

LudwigDvorak
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I have a strong feeling Daniela is going to bomb to Morita. Daniela's an error machine since Wimbledon, and unless Morita implodes with the pressure of defeating a top 15 player, this is Morita's match to lose. Morita's been broken like two or three times in two matches, and Daniela's return game is easily the worst in the top 20.

So yeah. I want Daniela to win this title pretty bad (unless Lindsay makes the final), but she struggled bad against Tamaela. It's a tough road to the title.

ASP0315
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Daniela "error machine" Hantuchova should'nt be losing before finals. (depth of this field is quite weak.)
But you never know dani.
Look at what happened to patty today. :lol:

schorsch
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:52 PM
:/ argh, come on dani just beat their asses and get to the final ! ! ! i want a jeca dani finaly :drool:

HenryMag.
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:13 PM
she should reach the final....but, hey, it's Dani!! you never know!

Natash.
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:22 PM
there is a differnce between Sazavay/Vakulenko and morita/Galovits and damn Cirstea (I'm soory, but I can't believe Patty lost to her!!!)

I can. Cirstea is a rising young player and has nothing to lose. Patty was the highest player she's ever faced and she won. ;)

DimaDinosaur
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Well she's 0-2 in easy draws THIS YEAR, but in her entire career, she's 0-19 and this week, she will be 0-20 :speakles:

roelc
Sep 14th, 2007, 02:12 PM
bali, draw daniela

R1 bye
R2 WTA-180
QF WTA-154
SF WTA-137
F probably WTA-234 (or WTA-90) (if she gets there...)

but tennis =/= maths

and of course if you know that WTA-234 is lindsay davenport...

DimaDinosaur
Sep 14th, 2007, 02:15 PM
and of course if you know that WTA-234 is lindsay davenport...

UGH, she's doomed! Well, at least a semifinal or a final is a great result.

Lunaris
Sep 14th, 2007, 02:31 PM
I have a strong feeling Daniela is going to bomb to Morita. Daniela's an error machine since Wimbledon, and unless Morita implodes with the pressure of defeating a top 15 player, this is Morita's match to lose. Morita's been broken like two or three times in two matches, and Daniela's return game is easily the worst in the top 20.
Looks like Morita lost it. :sad: