PDA

View Full Version : WTA Tour - Henin withdraws from China Open

nhissan
Sep 12th, 2007, 11:18 AM
World number one Justine Henin has withdrawn from next week's China Open citing a respiratory infection, organisers have announced.
TENNIS 2007 U.S. Open Justine Henin - 0
More Stories

* Henin wins seventh slam

The 25-year-old Belgian has been suffering from repeat respiratory problems and saw doctors at home, who have advised her to take three weeks rest, while the tournament weather forecast describing the air quality in Beijing as "unhealthy".

"She went to a doctor in Brussels about her recurring respiratory issue/asthma," Henin's agent Ken Meyerson said. "The doctor told her to take three weeks off."

Meyerson also said that Henin, who won her second US Open title last weekend, was a doubt for the Stuttgart Grand Prix which begins on October 1.

Organisers also announced that world number three Jelena Jankovic, in action in Bali this week, has said she would like to play and will be given a wild card.

That's why she won't be able to win back to back RG and Wimbledon she's too weak (no disrespect) to do that imo

cecilija
Sep 12th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Having a respiratory illness and CMV and still winning grand slams surely means she is extremely weak :lol:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Sep 12th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Prevention is better than cure... ;)

She has done quite enough this year. It's OK to skip this event for health reasons.

eck
Sep 12th, 2007, 11:30 AM
:lol: give her a break
The woman has to fly from New York to Belgium and then onto Beijing.
She's not superwoman ;)

nhissan
Sep 12th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Having a respiratory illness and CMV and still winning grand slams surely means she is extremely weak :lol:

she can win slam for sure but I don't think she'll be able to win RG/Wimbledon back to back sorry folks

Renalicious
Sep 12th, 2007, 11:40 AM
neither do i.

schorsch
Sep 12th, 2007, 11:46 AM
well, she does a great job at scheduling though, because she knows her body cant take too much.

bellascarlett
Sep 12th, 2007, 11:53 AM
:yawn:

She most likely just doesn't want to play after having won a slam. And it is a long way from home as someone said. Let her enjoy her win.

On the other hand, Jelena :help: :rolls: But hey, at least she's capable of bouncing from one event to another.

kittyking
Sep 12th, 2007, 11:55 AM
The lady needs time to sort through the men that are in love with her, give her a break

DimaDinosaur
Sep 12th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Ahhhhh Juju. She deserves rest and relaxation. And she could watch her USO wins! Muahahaha ;)

Morrissey
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Justine is most likely exhausted and wants to enjoy her US OPEN Victory. One thing Justine has learned from the Williams Sisters is to change her schedule and not over extend herself.Why should Justine play the China Open? It doesn't make sense. She just won a grand slam, and then she's supposed to go all the way to China? No way. Justine is smart she needs a break. Too much tennis just not good for the body.

Pureracket
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Soooooo......I'm the only one here that didn't miss that J. Jankovich is signed up to play for the 8495008421st consecutive ?

Brandon85
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:31 PM
what the hell, i though jelena was going to cut down on play. now she is picking up a new tournament. ughhh.

Vlad Tepes
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:33 PM
This comes as no surprise. Justine had no business going all the way to China just days after her USO triumph. Rest up and then play 1-2 European indoor events to get ready for the YEC! :yeah:

Vlad Tepes
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Yeah, :lol: at Jelena, but at least she's helping the tour, they should give her a bonus :)

nhissan
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Soooooo......I'm the only one here that didn't miss that J. Jankovich is signed up to play for the 8495008421st consecutive ?

and she said she was tired , her YEC will be a disaster :rolleyes:

thrust
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Very wise decision! She should play just one tournament before the YEC, which is a very tough week of tennis. Also, they are the only siginificant points she has to defend till then. If she gives up playing Eastbourne, she could very well win the FO and Wimbldon next year. I certainly hope so!

homogenius
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:54 PM
That's why she won't be able to win back to back RG and Wimbledon she's too weak (no disrespect) to do that imo

You really think that asthme is the main reason for her to not play Bejing ?

rottweily
Sep 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM
neither do i.

She proved many on this board wrong many times and she will continue to do so ;)

nhissan
Sep 12th, 2007, 08:56 PM
You really think that asthme is the main reason for her to not play Bejing ?

so what is the real reason? :D