PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see the Kournikova thing on Saturday Night Live?

selesrules
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:18 PM
I don't know if it's old or new, but I saw it yesterday and it was hilarious! Some actress pretended to be Anna in court complaining about the nude photos, it was too funny.

CC
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Yeah, it's a repeat. Part of the settlement included giving her the Wimby trophy.

Mark43
Jul 14th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Damn I missed it. Kirsten Dunst was hosting and I kept switching over to Sex and the City. Bummer. But Carrie Bradshaw kicks Anna K's ass any day!!

geoepee
Jul 14th, 2002, 06:06 PM
"Yes! I no show the boobings! Look at, though, my swimsuit calendar. I show the leg, the stomach bottom, the ass cheeking, and some of the boobings, but not the boobing tip!"

Here's the transcript for those who missed it.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/01/01scourttv.phtml

Mark43
Jul 14th, 2002, 06:32 PM
damn maybe I should have stuck w/NBC last night. It sounds like a semi-funny sketch PLUS when do you EVER hear the name of my all time FAVE Evonne Goolagong on SNL???

mboyle
Jul 14th, 2002, 08:38 PM
That is Hillarious! I am having a terrible day and even I laughed at that. Amazing.

tennischick
Jul 14th, 2002, 08:43 PM
damn! now i'm sorry i missed it. Kirsten was so boring in the opening -- that fat Superman bit just fell flat -- so i switched to "Dr. T. and his women" which was horrible but it hooked me anyway until he went up in the tornado. and then i got pissed off that they showed a close-up of the poor Mexican woman giving birth but we saw no close-ups of the rich white women's you-know-whats. grrrr.....clearly i should have stuck with SNL! ;) ;)

veryborednow
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:29 PM
gotta agree with most of tennischicks comments about Dr T and his women. i saw that yesterday - what a pile of shite :(

sorry, had to vent that

Mark43
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Yeah it totally sucked. I rented it simply to see my fave 70's babe Farrah Fawcett. She was in it for, like, 5 mins tops. The end was mind boggling, as in mind bogglingly horrendous!

veryborednow
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:47 PM
that is correct, i didn't even get where the guy ended up ... who was farrah fawcett playing?

AjdeNate!
Jul 14th, 2002, 10:33 PM
Boobings....lol :0

tennischick
Jul 14th, 2002, 10:45 PM
Farrah Fawcett was playing the part of his lunatic wife who had regressed to a childlike state and was institutionalised. i forget the name of the disorder she was supposed to be suffering from -- it was invented for the movie, trust me.

i think he ended up in some kind of poor Mexican community -- and survived the trip unfortunately. :(

Richie77
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:11 PM
I saw it again, and I also have it on tape. The funniest SNL thing I've seen in awhile! :D There are other funny skits on there, too.

barmaid
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:58 PM
geopee: Funny stuff, thanks for the transcript!!:D

barmaid:wavey:

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 15th, 2002, 12:30 AM
Damit, i was watching and doing laundry at the same time and all I heard was Anna's name and went into the livinvg room and they were dancing. I missed it...

erk
Jul 15th, 2002, 01:01 AM
Is this the first tennis-related SNL skit since that Monica Seles grunting bit in the early 90s? Anyone remember that? It got tired real fast, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Richie77
Jul 16th, 2002, 05:25 AM
It probably is. I do remember the Monica skit. It was amusing, but not nearly as good as the Anna skit.

Speaking of remembering SNL, who among us has seen the one where Chris Evert was the host in 1990? That one was pretty good.

Originally posted by erk
Is this the first tennis-related SNL skit since that Monica Seles grunting bit in the early 90s? Anyone remember that? It got tired real fast, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

lrg bllt
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:54 AM
LMAO, it sounds really funny :D

veryborednow
Jul 16th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by tennischick
Farrah Fawcett was playing the part of his lunatic wife who had regressed to a childlike state and was institutionalised. i forget the name of the disorder she was supposed to be suffering from -- it was invented for the movie, trust me.

i think he ended up in some kind of poor Mexican community -- and survived the trip unfortunately. :(

thanks. i thought that was Goldie Hawn - pfffffffff :o