Sep 11th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Will she?

Vote!

Miss Carl
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I could see Mama Linsay winnin one mo. :cool:

LudwigDvorak
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Get someone else to knock out Justine--why not? I need to see how well Lindsay does in Bali and Quebec City before I start thinking she's going to win a slam again, though.

GoDominique
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Get someone else to knock out Justine--why not? I need to see how well Lindsay does in Bali and Quebec City before I start thinking she's going to win a slam again.
That's fine. Poll is open until January. :)

LeRoy.
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:27 PM
No. She was in great form 2004-2006 and could have won atleast 3 slams but she didn't. Now we are not even sure she can get back to that sort of form that took her to finals of these GS's so i will say no but i'd love to be proven wrong. :)

danieln1
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:48 PM
If Henin loses early, then she definetly has a great chance...

Bruno71
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:51 PM
She might have a chance. But there's a few players out there who can retrieve her shots and expose her movement, just like before. I'm leaning towards no.

Darop.
Sep 11th, 2007, 07:32 PM
I voted no.

Will I be getting badreps with "HAATT000RRRR!!!!!!!!!11111111" in them? :shrug:

borisyBACK
Sep 11th, 2007, 07:40 PM
If Kuznetsova can reach a final, yes she can win one.

Cam'ron Giles
Sep 11th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Will she?

Vote!

Love that pic of you...You lost some weight...no? :eek:

LoveFifteen
Sep 11th, 2007, 07:45 PM
I think the only Slam that Lindsay can realistically win in Wimbledon assuming she can get back into her 2005 form. There is just no way that she will ever beat a healhty, fit Justine Henin again except maybe on grass.

It also depends on which Williams sisters show up. Fit & fierce, or flabby & frail. :shrug:

If fierce Venus or fit Serena shows up at a Slam, I can't see Davenport getting past them.

But I could see Davenport winning Wimbledon with something like OF Kuznetsova, SF Jankovic, F Mauresmo, or something like that.

sharapovarulz1
Sep 11th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I would love to see her win some more slams but its a waiting game at the moment!

SV_Fan
Sep 11th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Yes

In The Zone
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Yes

What the hell!!
YOU STOLE MY BANNER AS YOUR AVATAR, GRRR.
:fiery: :armed:

Pasta-Na
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:34 PM
how old is she now?

Serena-rules-no1
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:37 PM
What a joke, she has a baby, stops playing for round 2 years and she comes back winning matches straight away

WTA=joke

Poova
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:42 PM
No way :lol:

The Daviator
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:44 PM
What a joke, she has a baby, stops playing for round 2 years and she comes back winning matches straight away

WTA=joke

What? She hasn't even been away for a year :lol:

Lulu.
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Maybe.

Serena-rules-no1
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:52 PM
What? She hasn't even been away for a year :lol:

she's still breastfeeding? :eek:

The Daviator
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:58 PM
she's still breastfeeding? :eek:

She last played around this time last year :p And she gave birth in June :p

And now she's back :angel:

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Talent and Game alone, I have no doubt she can win more slams.

How her body and mind react to stiff competetion, That is the question if she still has the guts.

But overall, SHE CAN!!!!! and I wont be even surprise.

danieln1
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I think the only Slam that Lindsay can realistically win in Wimbledon assuming she can get back into her 2005 form. There is just no way that she will ever beat a healhty, fit Justine Henin again except maybe on grass.

It also depends on which Williams sisters show up. Fit & fierce, or flabby & frail. :shrug:

If fierce Venus or fit Serena shows up at a Slam, I can't see Davenport getting past them.

But I could see Davenport winning Wimbledon with something like OF Kuznetsova, SF Jankovic, F Mauresmo, or something like that.

That would be a lucky draw for Davenport, and her chances would be higher

Elldee
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:12 PM
I don't think so but if she got back to her best for next year and played like she did at wimbledon 05 then it's very doable.. Venus is her main competition there and I'd pick her to beat almost everyone else on grass in her best form. If Lindsay won a slam after having a baby so recently in order to bridge a gap of over 8 years since her last slam would be one of the best stories in the history of the game.

Sam L
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:14 PM
If Kuznetsova can reach a final, yes she can win one.

Great idea, borisy. :hug:

RJWCapriati
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:20 PM
At least another slam final

LoveFifteen
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:33 PM

WTA=joke

She was gone less than a year, and she's been playing World Team Tennis this summer to get match-fit. She's probably the cleanest striker of the ball ever and having a baby doesn't make you lose that. Movement was never her strength anyway.

faboozadoo15
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Fuck no. She's had her chances, though that's for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if she came close a few more times though.

Serenita
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:57 PM
didn't see her play, but if she's fit she can win a GS.

PLP
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:02 AM
I can't predict the future, LOL, but I voted yes.
She came back SOO quickly from pregnancy and she is already paying quite well again.
I think her best chances will be on HC, NY and AUSTRALIA...AND the Olympics should she play.

Can the US have 3 singles players in the draw or only 2? What about Russia? :eek:

WhatTheDeuce
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Will she? Don't think so. :sad:
Can she? Most certainly.

hurricanejeanne
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Honestly, I have no idea.

Obviously, if she's playing pretty well and fit by Wimbledon and if she gets a good draw, that would be her best shot at another slam. But that's a lot of ifs.
I'm just happy she's back. :)

LindsayRulz
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:59 AM
I think it's Wimbledon or nothing.

thetennisutopian
Sep 12th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Nope... but let's take it one step at a time.

DimaDinosaur
Sep 12th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Lindsay can win a slam if Henin, Serena, Venus loses early or are not playing or are injured

jellybelly
Sep 12th, 2007, 02:47 AM
She will need Venus and Serena to be injured AND not play (they've beaten her injured before). She needs Henin to have another divorce and not play. Also she needs Jankovic to get an injury and not play. And she probably needs a several of Ivanovic, Chakvetadze, Sharapova, Peer, Vaidisova, Golovin to not play. THEN and ONLY THEN will she have a fair shot at winning a slam. And even then she will probably lose the final to Szavay or some other new kid.

plantman
Sep 12th, 2007, 03:05 AM
I wouldn't count her out! If the draws keep coming up like they have lately......you bet! Mama Lindsay has more game than a lot of players at the top. We'll see her in the finals...:bounce: :bounce:

switz
Sep 12th, 2007, 03:08 AM
you obviously lean towards no but perhaps having a baby will take away that mindset she always seemed to develop late in slams. no doubt it will be a big ask but she may sneak through the draw at the Australian Open next year.

Dmitry
Sep 12th, 2007, 03:32 AM
I think no

danieln1
Sep 12th, 2007, 03:35 AM
She will need Venus and Serena to be injured AND not play (they've beaten her injured before). She needs Henin to have another divorce and not play. Also she needs Jankovic to get an injury and not play. And she probably needs a several of Ivanovic, Chakvetadze, Sharapova, Peer, Vaidisova, Golovin to not play. THEN and ONLY THEN will she have a fair shot at winning a slam. And even then she will probably lose the final to Szavay or some other new kid.

One of the most ridiculous posts ever...
She´s 3-0 against Jankovic, of course she can beat Ivanovic, Chakvetadze, Peer, Vaidisova, Golovin, even as a mom

plantman
Sep 12th, 2007, 03:49 AM
One of the most ridiculous posts ever...She´s 3-0 against Jankovic, of course she can beat Ivanovic, Chakvetadze, Peer, Vaidisova, Golovin, even as a mom

He/She has been throwing a lil' tantrum after his/her favorites were knocked out of the U.S. Open!:lol: :lol:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Sep 12th, 2007, 04:07 AM
She needs Henin to have another divorce and not play

With who? Your daddy? :weirdo:

~Eclipsed~
Sep 12th, 2007, 04:18 AM
I doubt it. She was playing at her best before her retirement and she didn't win one. On the otherhand, maybe now that she's back she'll feel absolutely no pressure to do much of anything so now maybe she'll be more relaxed and win one.

As other posters have said, Wimbledon is her best chance. I just can't see her getting past Venus or Serena there though. If she could somehow avoid them, then she would probably have a good shot.

LoveFifteen
Sep 12th, 2007, 04:31 AM
I doubt it. She was playing at her best before her retirement and she didn't win one. On the otherhand, maybe now that she's back she'll feel absolutely no pressure to do much of anything so now maybe she'll be more relaxed and win one.

As other posters have said, Wimbledon is her best chance. I just can't see her getting past Venus or Serena there though. If she could somehow avoid them, then she would probably have a good shot.

I can't see her getting past Venus or Serena, but sometimes the sisters show up to Wimbledon out of form and lose early. That's Lindsay's best hope.

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 12th, 2007, 05:37 AM
OMFG!!!!! LINDSAY not just almost won WB 2005 against one of the best grass court player and you are dimishing her chances like she is a top 50 player caliber?

I can't wait till Lindsay shut the hell up all the haters!!!!

austennis
Sep 12th, 2007, 05:54 AM
given she couldnt win won when she dominated the tour between 2004 and 2005 i find it unliekly she could come back now and win 1.. but please prove me wrong

JackFrost
Sep 12th, 2007, 06:01 AM
One of the most ridiculous posts ever...
She´s 3-0 against Jankovic, of course she can beat Ivanovic, Chakvetadze, Peer, Vaidisova, Golovin, even as a mom

Well, yes. But her last match against Jelena was before Jelena became No. 3.
Venus had a 7:1 against Justine before the US Open Semi. I´s no garanty to win again.

And let´s not forget, that Lindsay is over 30 now. Time is playing against her, if she really want to win another slam.

Myggen
Sep 12th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Experience from other sports shows that women who have a baby often are stronger when they come back. This might have various reasons. One might be that they are physically stronger. Another that they had a much needed break and are returning hungrier.

lindsayno1
Sep 12th, 2007, 07:31 AM
its too early to say....shes only played one match, and realistically I thought Eleni was gonna trash her - so who knows!

homogenius
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:59 PM
lol

~Eclipsed~
Sep 13th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Experience from other sports shows that women who have a baby often are stronger when they come back. This might have various reasons. One might be that they are physically stronger. Another that they had a much needed break and are returning hungrier.

That's true. I just thought about Sybille Bammer when i read your post. Look how good she is now.

GoDominique
Sep 15th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Thanks for voting!

hingis-seles
Sep 15th, 2007, 09:21 AM
She has it in her, but a lot of things will have to fall into place for her. Like Hingis, she'll need a lot of luck to fall her way.