PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay's statements afer her victory over Daniilidou

Ingokoer
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:53 PM
DAVENPORT IN STUNNING FORM
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 | | | < Back <
by Barry Wood

It was as if she had never been away.

Lindsay Davenport, playing a singles match for the first time in almost a year, swept aside fifth seeded Eleni Daniilidou in devastating fashion at the Commonwealth Bank Tennis Classic, winning 6-2 6-2. Not only that, but at one stage she won 20 points in a row.

Daniilidou was under pressure from the first game, having to recover from 0-40 to hold. Games also went with serve in the next two games but then, down 2-1, Davenport took control and swept the next 20 points to win the set. The second set was also totally dominated by Davenport, who jumped to a 4-0 lead with the loss of just four points.

"It was a challenge out there for me after not playing for so long," said Davenport, who won the singles title in 2005 and the doubles last year. "I was trying to focus a lot and to be real concentrated, and I’m really happy I won. You never really know what to expect after a year off and especially having a baby, so to come out and play the way I did is so exciting and it means a lot to me."
"It did exceed my expectations. I know that I can play good tennis, and I know that if I stay healthy and play well I can do well. I didn’t know what to expect after everything I’ve been through so it is kind of surprising. I really would have been fine coming in and not winning, just to be back out on the court as the first step of coming back. So to then go ahead and play well against a good player and doing a lot of things that I need to do well is pretty rewarding."
Having had so much success in Bali over the past two years, Davenport knew it was the right place to begin her comeback.

"This court plays quite fast so it’s really a great court for me," she said. "The points are short and it’s about who can attack first. It’s one of the reasons I chose this tournament to come back."
http://www.bali-wtatour.com/

Mightymirza
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:55 PM
well done davy..Justine missed you in the quarters :devil: :lol:

ElusiveChanteuse
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Definitely the smart Lindsay we all know.:yeah:

Lindsayfanumber1
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:58 PM
:)

DimaDinosaur
Sep 11th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Davalicious is BACK!!!! :singer:

RAA
Sep 11th, 2007, 05:10 PM
yay good for her!! that is fantastic!!!

ce
Sep 11th, 2007, 05:57 PM
i love the way she destroys her opponents when she is playing well :drool:

LCS
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Yessss Lindsay! Welcome back! We missed you!

Hashim.
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Lindsay :worship:

MistyGrey
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:40 PM
:bounce:

lindsayno1
Sep 11th, 2007, 07:03 PM
holler!