PDA

View Full Version : Eyewitness news from gorgeous Bali

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I arrived in beautiful Bali on Friday evening - September 7, 2007. Then I went to the venue at Grand Hyatt Hotel in Nusa Dua on Sunday, September 9, 2007. I got there at 10 AM. The set-up of the tourney is still the same. Though it is now called "Commonwealth Bank Tennis Classic", "Wismilak International" as co-sponsor is still pretty much visible. "Wismilak" as brand name is still strong as I can see in the tourney's official towels, T-shirts, umbrellas and many other goodies.

My first pick was Q1 match between Sorana vs Sunitha on center court. Sorana was quite impressive. She seemed such a sweet gal. In my opinion, I have not seen much improvement in Sunitha's game. I watched her last year when she lost to Angelique Widjaja. I was happy for Sorana!!!

Sorana served 1st with good serve but then she hit her FH into the net, 0-15. Another good serve came from Sorana and Sunitha had hard time to return it, 15 all. Sorana served into the net then 2nd serve was okay, after several strokes' exchange, Sorana's BH into the net, 15-30. Then Sorana hit DF, 15-40. After rally, Sunitha hit her FH winner, 0-1...

Sunitha's 1st time serve was wide, then she hit 2nd serve and these two players exchanged groundies but Sorana managed to hit FH winner, 0-15. After 5 strokes' exchange, Sunitha's FH was wide, 0-30. Then Sorana's turn to hit FH into the net, 15-30. Sunitha hit DF, 15-40. Too bad, Sorana FH return was wide, 30-40. Good serve from Sunitha from the 1st time, and she was able to hit BH down the line winner, deuce. Another DF from Sunitha's serve, ADV Sorana. Damn, Sorana hit her FH into the net, deuce #2. Good serve from Sunitha again, and Sorana hit a wide FH return, ADV Sunitha. Good serve again, Sorana was awesomely hit a deep FH right on the baseline and Sunitha could not handle it...deuce #3. After 8 strokes' exchange, Sunitha capitalized FH dtl winner, ADV Sunitha. Another good serve by Sunitha but she hit her FH too long, deuce #4. DF again from Sunitha, ADV Sorana. Sorana hit wide FH, deuce #5. Good serve by Sunitha, 6 strokes from two players were executed...Sorana then was able to hit FH dtl winner, ADV Sorana. Good serve by Sunitha and she hit her FH wide, 1-1.

That was just the 1st 2 games...Sunitha had 9 DFs, Sorana had 3 DFs.

Then, I focused on Czink vs Tananta. Both players made a lot of UEs but Czink was definitely made more UEs than Tananta...Each game was close...Tananta played well and kept on fighting...Czink was quite emotional at times...I did not watch final set since I had to go the drawing ceremony...I was shocked when I knew that Tananta won finally!!!

to be continued

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Tuesday's matches - a glimpse

Poutchek threw racket many times when she got mad...the master of ceremony introduced her as she described as nice and calm...:eek:

Muller player regular game...what's new???

Patty couldn't read Zhang's game first so it was service game until she broke her in the 1st set...In 2nd set, Zhang became error machine then...

LUXXXAS
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:39 AM
I'm waiting for the report&picks from Lindsay's match :worship::angel: :kiss:

darice
Sep 11th, 2007, 12:17 PM
kewl report! thx! :wavey:

Lindsayfanumber1
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I'm waiting for the report&picks from Lindsay's match :worship::angel: :kiss:

Same here! :) :D :worship:

ozfan44
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Poutchek = Syko!!!! :haha:

Any reports on Dellacqua would be great too!

-sugi-
Sep 11th, 2007, 03:42 PM

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Lindsay's only 2nd doubles' match of the year!

Partnered with Hantuchova, based on my observation only in 1st set - coz after seeing "Portchova" won in style...I was confident that they would prevail...In terms of UEs, Lindsay one time hit volley but too low and netted...Then Mrs Leach was able to hit volley winner in the 1st game...Then Lindsay hit BH volley wide, BH drive out, FH return wide, FH drive out (at this point, she screamed...dissapointment...) and more of BH out and BH volley netted...All these errors did happen in the whole 1st set but not consecutively...Well, speaking of serve, ugh bloody marvelous...She hit awesome serves twice, 3 Aces (2 Aces in a row in 7th game)...In winner department - these were Lindsay's: FH drive, volley, overhead smash, FH down the line, BH down the line, flat and deep BH...

Tonight's match against Daniilidou!

As if Lindsay did not leave the tour, she just easily defeated Greek number one, Daniilidou in which in the match Lindsay awesomely won 20 points consecutively...Her serve was still good and strong along with blistering groundies...Eleni had problem with her backhand and occasionally with her slices...She said that it was a big challenge after being away for a year...She added that I am very happy with this win and it really meant to me...

This comfortable win is out of my expectation, Lindsay said...I knew that I could play good tennis and I am confident if I can stay healthy so then I will be able to reach what I aim for...Since Bali tourney has given her 2 titles (singles and doubles), Lindsay convinced that Bali is the right place for her come back...

The court here requires quick game so that this court is suitable for me...It depends on who is attacking early...That's why I chose to return here in my 1st singles' play as sign of returning to the tour...

Lindsay's mom was in the tribune watching...

Btw, Jagger did not go to the court...he stayed in the hotel...

Go, Palos Verdes...gal...

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:24 PM
kewl report! thx! :wavey: ur certainly welcome...

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Poutchek = Syko!!!! :haha:

Any reports on Dellacqua would be great too! I saw a bit of Casey's match...Caroline played very well in the 1st 3 games...then Casey asked the umpire to bring in trainer...Casey's ankle was strapped by trainer...I think her ankle affected her movement in 1st set and she lost 1-6...Then gradually Casey was more agressive and became the leading force in the match...

-sugi-
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Did you see any Ayumi Morita :hug:

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 11th, 2007, 07:03 PM

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 11th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Did you see any Ayumi Morita :hug: I think she played better today than yesterday...Sorry, I saw just a little bit of Ayumi's match since I had to manage to watch other matches, too...Ayumi played her typical game from the baseline...I think, she has very strong wrist...she simply retrieved the ball...

LUXXXAS
Sep 12th, 2007, 12:31 AM

Sebastien123
Sep 12th, 2007, 09:23 AM
thank you very much :wavey:

Cat123
Sep 12th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for that!! Hoping for some reports on how shatterered JJ is after the USO!

Farina Elia Fan
Sep 12th, 2007, 11:21 AM
did you see Anne or Alina???

darice
Sep 12th, 2007, 11:46 AM
keep the reports coming! :yeah:

Natash.
Sep 12th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks so much for the reports! :yeah:

DutchieGirl
Sep 13th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the reports! :D

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 13th, 2007, 07:57 PM
did you see Anne or Alina??? Anne keothavong? Oh, yes...I took pics of her and I have posted in thread called Bali Galleria...Alina Jidkova? Indeed, I saw her, too...I took a copule of her pics and they are in thread called Bali Galleria...:D

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 13th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Match between Garrigues and Errani

Both players have similar type of game...In the whole match, they both played from the baseline and it was truly groundstroke contest...many long rallies involved...several times Anabel talked to herself each time she made error...or just screamed...

cheo23
Sep 13th, 2007, 09:46 PM
How did the match between LINDSAY and ditty go????

Natash.
Sep 13th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Were you able to watch Sorana vs Patty? :)

cheo23
Sep 14th, 2007, 05:29 PM
How did LINDSAY play against JELENA?!?!!!!