PDA

View Full Version : Henin/Federer vs. Serena/Nadal: who would win?

IceSkaTennisFan
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:56 AM
If the best of the best on tour teamed up for mixed doubles who would win? Henin/Federer or Serena/Nadal? :D

tennis_pIayer
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:58 AM
no question henin/fed. serena/nadal definitely have no volley skills.

Buitenzorg
Sep 11th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Definitely Henin and Federer!

rebound ace court
HENIN/FEDERER def SERENA/NADAL

clay court
SERENA/NADAL def HENIN/FEDERER
but could go either way around as well

grass court

hardcourt

thetennisutopian
Sep 11th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Fenin!

Serge007
Sep 11th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Serena is much better double player, isn't she?

IceSkaTennisFan
Sep 11th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Fenin!
Narena! :devil:

cypher_88
Sep 11th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Fenin ofc :lol:

mankind
Sep 11th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Fenin!

Henerer?

miss_molik
Sep 11th, 2007, 08:42 AM
def Henin/Fed

Martian Stacey
Sep 11th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Federer/Henin. I'm not sure what kind of doubles player Justine is (i assume she'd be pretty good), but i still give them the edge because of Roger.

If it were on clay though, Nadal/Serena might win ;)

Juju4ever
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Well, you put the most complete players on one side, and the biggest fighters on the other. In doubels, the advantage is obviously with the world #1's. But, if you take Henin/Nadal vs Serena/Federer, you have a match. :)

Jenny.C.Fan
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Serena and Rafa would definitely win

Lin Lin
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:31 AM
sredal

Kworb
Sep 11th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Henin/Federer.. wow that would be godlike

Sebastien123
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Henerer?

:spit:

Bruno71
Sep 11th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Henerer?

Heifer?

Donny
Sep 11th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Do you people realize that surface has almost NOTHING to do with a team's proficiency in doubles? More than half of the play is volleying- the ball hardly touches the ground for most points.

I'd say Nadal Serena though.

What's funny, to me, is that Nadal and Henin are much more alike in my eyes than Serena and Nadal.

Both have great forehands with have enormous takeback and followthrough, both are some of the fastest (in not the fastest) on their respective tours, both are claycourters, and both have mediocre serves.

Shepster
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Both have great forehands with have enormous takeback and followthrough, both are some of the fastest (in not the fastest) on their respective tours, both are claycourters, and both have mediocre serves.
a/ Henin is not a claycourter - she's an all-court player. Name me the last time she didn't make the semifinal of a tournament on *any* surface.

b/ Henin has one of the best serves of the top players. It's bigger than Petrova's, Ivanovic's, Meghann's and Safina's and her best average at the US Open was 2mph behind Serena's top effort plus she has the best second serve on show.

Craigy
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:33 PM
a/ Henin is not a claycourter - she's an all-court player. Name me the last time she didn't make the semifinal of a tournament on *any* surface.

b/ Henin has one of the best serves of the top players. It's bigger than Petrova's, Ivanovic's, Meghann's and Safina's and her best average at the US Open was 2mph behind Serena's top effort plus she has the best second serve on show.

Henin does not have have the best 2nd serve. :lol:

nhissan
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Well, you put the most complete players on one side, and the biggest fighters on the other. In doubels, the advantage is obviously with the world #1's. But, if you take Henin/Nadal vs Serena/Federer, you have a match. :)

:tape: :lol:

Shepster
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:38 PM
In terms of power she most certainly does.

Craigy
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:40 PM
In terms of power she most certainly does.

2nd serve isn't about power. It's about reliability in the women's game.

Shepster
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:46 PM
2nd serve isn't about power. It's about reliability in the women's game.
It's about both (and more, placement too), if you send them down at 74 mph you are likely to get creamed and lose the point. Justine takes a few more double faults so her second serve is essentially the same as Jankovic's first serve but with better accuracy.

Thanx4nothin
Sep 11th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Serena and Nadal are actually better doubles players thasn Federer and Henin and Nadal owns Federer career head to head so Serena and Nadal everytime.

Anty
Sep 11th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Henin-Federer without any doubt.

Henin never plays doubles, but I think that she would not be that bad when she really would take the time for it.

Renalicious
Sep 11th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Nadarena.

Lulu.
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Nadal/Serena would win.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:19 PM
It's about both (and more, placement too), if you send them down at 74 mph you are likely to get creamed and lose the point. Justine takes a few more double faults so her second serve is essentially the same as Jankovic's first serve but with better accuracy.

Actually, Justine's 1st serve is a flat and powerful one like Roddick's. The second is a kick serve. And both looked dangerous.

Still, I wonder why she keeps doing those DF....:tape:

friendsita
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Serena-Nadal

jellybelly
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Serena is a better doubles player than Henin and Nadal owns Roger in H2H. I think there should be no debate about this.

Shepster
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Actually, Justine's 1st serve is a flat and powerful one like Roddick's. The second is a kick serve. And both looked dangerous.

Still, I wonder why she keeps doing those DF....:tape:
mmm, this is why someone like Kuznetsova punches above her weight in terms of actual speed because she's the one who really serves like a man in terms of variety and spins on both first and second serves. With Henin, I suppose it's a case of going for a little bit too much. She was hitting basically 2 per set over the tournament and when you're firing second serves in at over 90mph on average I think it's just a natural side-effect that you're going to have a few more than other people. What it does though is allows her to win 50, 60% of points off her second serve in a way she could not hope for against top opposition if she was serving 10-15 mph slower.

Shepster
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Serena is a better doubles player than Henin and Nadal owns Roger in H2H. I think there should be no debate about this.
Nadal 6-1 Federer on clay
Federer 4-2 Nadal on any other surface

That's like saying Sharapova "owns" Venus in H2H because she's beaten her more times on hardcourts than Venus has beaten her on grass. :rolleyes: Thomas Berdych has an equal H2H record with Nadal, Andy Murray has an equal H2H record with Federer, does that mean there should be a debate as to which of those would be better *just* on their personal H2Hs? Or do you look at what each individual player has done? But you're right, there should be no debate over the fact that because Nadal has a better H2H that means he's better. :tape:

rottweily
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:50 PM

Yes she does.

jellybelly
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Nadal 6-1 Federer on clay
Federer 4-2 Nadal on any other surface

That's like saying Sharapova "owns" Venus in H2H because she's beaten her more times on hardcourts than Venus has beaten her on grass. :rolleyes: Thomas Berdych has an equal H2H record with Nadal, Andy Murray has an equal H2H record with Federer, does that mean there should be a debate as to which of those would be better *just* on their personal H2Hs? Or do you look at what each individual player has done? But you're right, there should be no debate over the fact that because Nadal has a better H2H that means he's better. :tape:

The H2H matters because 13 matches is a lot and a deficit of 3 matches is big. Noone said anything about "better". This is about "Who would win" which of course is totally dependent on H2H not on who is "better" otherwise. And the ones you mentioned are tied H2H which means it could go either way. Federer has bad record against Canas this year. Does that mean Canas was better player this year? no! It means he was more likely to win when they met. It should be obvious, this.

Either way, Nadal plays more doubles and is more experienced in doubles than Federer and Serena as one of the best doubles records in women's history even though she didn't make it her priority so no question about which team would win.

Polikarpov
Sep 11th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Definitely Henerer. I could imagine both of them at the net while Nadarena are on the baseline.

Shepster
Sep 11th, 2007, 05:01 PM
The H2H matters because 13 matches is a lot and a deficit of 3 matches is big. Noone said anything about "better". This is about "Who would win" which of course is totally dependent on H2H not on who is "better" otherwise. And the ones you mentioned are tied H2H which means it could go either way. Federer has bad record against Canas this year. Does that mean Canas was better player this year? no! It means he was more likely to win when they met. It should be obvious, this.
That's singles though. Rafa has a 2-4 Davis Cup record in doubles. Roger has a 9-4 and he's playing with much worse partners. You're right though, it should be obvious, this... :help:
Either way, Nadal plays more doubles and is more experienced in doubles than Federer
Well, you're either lying or ignorant. Federer has played 174 doubles matches and won 7 titles and Rafa has played 94 matches and won 3 titles. Based on their career-length it's basically the same.

Mr. Magassi
Sep 11th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Fed/Henin for sure... on all surfaces

Juju4ever
Sep 11th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Definitely Henerer. I could imagine both of them at the net while Nadarena are on the baseline.

That's the reason there's a huge advantage to Federer/Henin. Their net game is so much better than Nadal's and Serena's, and that's realy the most important thing in doubles.

Serenidad.
Sep 11th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Serena/Blake vs Venus/Roddick
Serena/Bob Bryan vs Venus/Mike Bryan!

brent-o
Sep 11th, 2007, 05:18 PM

Well, obviously she does something right considering her usual low 1st serve percentage and she doesn't get broken all the time.

brent-o
Sep 11th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I don't know guys. The obvious answer is Federer/Henin. But I could see Nadal winning a lot of fast net exchanges. Even in his matches with Federer, when both guys are at the net, he's managed to win the point. But I'd still have to go with Federer/Henin to be the eventual winners.

Apop66
Sep 11th, 2007, 05:47 PM

Either way, Nadal plays more doubles and is more experienced in doubles than Federer and Serena as one of the best doubles records in women's history even though she didn't make it her priority so no question about which team would win.

There is no question Federer and Justine would win. Doubles is about volleying and they are FAR FAR better volleyer's than Nadal and Serena. H2H is irrelevant (and everyone believes that Federer is better than Nadal on everything but clay) as it is doubles and Nadals biggest strength (court coverage and consistency) is pretty much nullified as doubles is not about hitting baseline winners but about finishing points at the net.

I think it is amazing that anyone would think that Justine and Roger would not win the vast majority of the time. Now Serena/Federer vs Nadal/Henin would be much more competitve and interesting.

serena_fan
Sep 11th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Serena/Rafa def Henin:smash: /Federer (6;0 6;0) :)