PDA

View Full Version : Who has the better skills? Jankovic, Ivanovic, Vaidisova, Safarova, etc?

LoveAndy
Sep 10th, 2007, 10:03 PM
I still cannot see who is better and have the ability to dominate next generation.

Justine, Serena, Venus, are still much better than all of these young girls in the next 3 years, I think.

How do you think? I am very interested in the near future trend of the women tennis.

Bruno71
Sep 10th, 2007, 10:09 PM
They all have a different skillset. I think if Safarova could just find some consistency, she could emerge from this pack because she owns: a) a great serve b) very clean, powerful, and accurate shots when they're on and c) speed. She needs to improve her return of serve. But they all have improvements to make...JJ (serve, aggressiveness, mental fortitude when ahead), Ivanovic (backhand, netplay, consistency on serve), and Vaidisova (mental fortitude when ahead, consistency everywhere).

Wayn77
Sep 10th, 2007, 10:21 PM
I still cannot see who is better and have the ability to dominate next generation.

Justine, Serena, Venus, are still much better than all of these young girls in the next 3 years, I think.

How do you think? I am very interested in the near future trend of the women tennis.

Good question.
I need to chew over this, and suck the bones before replying.

Would you care to briefly enlighten us with your opinions on the aforementioned contenders/pretenders?

Mightymirza
Sep 10th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Lucie is so streaky :help: She couldnt return so many of bartolis serves at USO :o

LoveAndy
Sep 10th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Good question.
I need to chew over this, and suck the bones before replying.

Would you care to briefly enlighten us with your opinions on the aforementioned contenders/pretenders?

Well, I just started this thread, and ask for more discussion.

Because I think this is the most reliable forum to analyze the players, and I really hope to hear something about this.

DownTheLine21
Sep 10th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Of course Jankovic and Ivanovic are at the top of this list, but I think Safarova is just waiting to break out. She has so much potential. When her game is "on," she can beat anyone in the world. However, consistency is a major factor with her. If she could have played at a consistent level this season, then she could have a) beaten Bartoli and challenged Serena at the USO and b) beaten Chakvetadze at RG and possibly Sharapova to make a SF appearance.

schorsch
Sep 11th, 2007, 12:16 AM
boah, thats a pretty tough one. but indeed its kind of interesting.

i think if you picked all of theirs strengths and merged them together you'd have a heck of a player. :haha:

but well, all of them are very talented. and i'm sure they are gonna be 4 of the best players in the future. lucie needs to get more consistent though to get there.

one thing is for sure : the matchups between all of them are all darn interesting. there have been so many matches full of drama, three setters here and there with these 4 players. like wimbledon vaidi/ana and jelena/lucie. or fedcup vaidi/lucie etc etc.

eck
Sep 11th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Jankovic.
I mean, isn't she the only person to have beaten most of top 10 other than Ju?

SerenaAndTheVee
Sep 11th, 2007, 12:53 AM
I like Jankovic a lot. She has game and just needs more confidence to break through to the next level. Her personality reminds me a bit of Zvererva who is one of my favorites of all time.

The other girls mentioned are good but still need some work. With some major improvement, I would include Peer in this group.

smarties
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:20 AM
I like Jankovic but I think that beefing up her serve is gonna be tough. Ivanovic groundstrokes are just ridiculous, so massive but she's never gonna be a gazelle out there. I think Safarova is the total package as Bruno mentionned; everything is already there, just have to be more consistent.

LoveAndy
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:53 AM
I like Jankovic but I think that beefing up her serve is gonna be tough. Ivanovic groundstrokes are just ridiculous, so massive but she's never gonna be a gazelle out there. I think Safarova is the total package as Bruno mentionned; everything is already there, just have to be more consistent.

Right, I think Jankovic is more like Kim Clijsters, very talented, but not a multiple GS winner.
I like Lucie very much, and she has the ability to beat anyone in the world,
but she needs the time to become consistency, and I think she will be better in the next generation.

DownTheLine21
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Jankovic.
I mean, isn't she the only person to have beaten most of top 10 other than Ju?

Wait..I don't want to discredit Jankovic in any way, but doesn't Ivanovic have a better record against the Top Ten (including a 4-1 h2h with Jankovic)?

eck
Sep 11th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Wait..I don't want to discredit Jankovic in any way, but doesn't Ivanovic have a better record against the Top Ten (including a 4-1 h2h with Jankovic)?

True, but I don't think Ana's had win against Serena or Venus? ;)

BK4ever
Sep 11th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Right now Lucie has the better all around game but we are still waiting for her to find some consistency.

I think Ivanovic is gonna be the first one to break out and win a slam.

Dawn Marie
Sep 11th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Ana Ivanovic. She has to work on her speed/footwork. I think she'll be the first to win a slam between all these ladies.Nicole doesn't impress me much.