PDA

View Full Version : Justine: howcan she keep her motivation and stay one step ahead of the pack?

treufreund
Sep 10th, 2007, 03:09 AM
I feel that she has improved physically, technically and emotionally over the last several months. What else can she do to make sure that she keeps her edge over the others?

Note: haters not welcome in this thread (nor any other thread for that matter):wavey:. thanks in advance for staying away.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Sep 10th, 2007, 03:11 AM
I think in a way, she needs Venus and Serena to motivate her...because all of the other girls just cannot compete with Henin on this level. Venus and Serena are the ones that can take it to Henin as evidenced at the US Open...they were the only two who had opportunities against her in their losses to her.

Bruno71
Sep 10th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Motivation's never seemed to be a problem for her. Recently it had been nerves at the later stages of certain slams...but she got through that with flying colors. I think she can only move on more confidently from this win...she should be just fine.

bunch_01
Sep 10th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Pursuit of Wimbledon will probably motivate her for a while. Money and the occasional good fight might do the rest since I don't know if she has any big time ad campaigns to line her pockets.

switz
i'm not saying this as a "hater" but i honestly believe that motivation will never be a problem for Justine because tennis is her life and she's never going to prioritise anyone or anything over that (for now at least).

I think Patty said something like this a couple of years ago and it was taken out of context but i must say agree (i don't make a habit of agreeing with much that Patty says either).

VivalaSeles
There is a lot of room for improvement in the mental department, for example. There were several mental lapses against Venus at the USO, against Serena at Wimbledon and Miami, for example. I suspect her 2nd USO title will give Juju the extra boost of confidence, which will enable to overcome those lapses in the future.

Junex
Sep 10th, 2007, 03:48 AM
Pursuit of Wimbledon will probably motivate her for a while. Money and the occasional good fight might do the rest since I don't know if she has any big time ad campaigns to line her pockets.

certainly not a problem for her..
she still travels in the economy class y'know!

Junex
Sep 10th, 2007, 03:51 AM
i'm not saying this as a "hater" but i honestly believe that motivation will never be a problem for Justine because tennis is her life and she's never going to prioritise anyone or anything over that (for now at least).

I think Patty said something like this a couple of years ago and it was taken out of context but i must say agree (i don't make a habit of agreeing with much that Patty says either).

its good you mention that...
When Justine was interviewed by CNN after her USO victory.
Justine mentions another dream that her mother wanted for her.
Being a daugther of an educator, Justine promised her mom to finish her studies and she surely said that after her tennis career, she will pursue to finish her studies!

komorli
Sep 10th, 2007, 04:12 AM
As long as she has that burning passion to play the best tennis she can play, I don't think motivation will ever be a problem for her.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Sep 10th, 2007, 04:20 AM
She is motivated to win more Slams, titles and records... especially Wimbledon. You rarely see any doubt whether she can win matches whenever she plays. She gives in 110% (maybe more) and does not step back from any challenges. I guess the motivation comes from her family which they have rekindled earlier this year, and that she knows that she is not all alone in this world.

And by the way... who needs endorsements, when you can get $$$ from winning games and trophies? Justine is certainly for one ;)

darice
Sep 10th, 2007, 10:44 AM
next year juju should stick to the sched she has this year. she's played just the right amt of tourneys. :)