PDA

View Full Version : Looking in the top 20 and Chanda...

Blazedboy
Jul 14th, 2002, 01:27 AM
Hi, I rarely start threads especially in the General Messages area, so if it sucks just let me know hehe....

I was just looking at the rankings for a while and thinking to myself how great a position Chanda Rubin is in to push her way up the rankings. the 8 players ranked right above her are all players that I see her passing easily, that would put her around #13 I don't see any reason why she should not get there by the end of the year for she has few points to defend, nad she is playing great, what do you see her being ranked by the end of the year? I say 11...what other changes right outside or just inside the top ten do you see happening by the end of the year? I was just curious of what y'all thought...thanks, peace

▀coene
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:28 AM
Yes, Chanda defenitly desearves a place in the top 15. I think, but I hope I'm wrong, that maybe Clijsters will drop a few spots if her injury keeps worrying her. Lindsay may fall out of the top 10 because she has so many points to defend. Seles could pass Capriati. I hope Justine can jump over Dokic.

Darkheart
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:16 AM
These are just predictions so don't take them too seriously.

The top 7 right now will not drop out of the top 10.

If Martina Hingis were to miss the rest of the year, she would have 1994 points, which is good for #12 (at the current moment).

Lindsay Davenport is #9 right now with a lot of points to defend (she has 0 points for the year). If she does not defend those points well, then she will be out of the top 10.

Amelie Mauresmo is not having as good a year as last, especially the clay season. I think she's going to drop out of the top 10, again.

Sandrine Testud has retired and will end up with 901 points, which is good for #39.

Daniela Hantuchova will probably enter the top 10 soon.

#13 - #20 will pretty much stay where they are.

I predict Chanda Rubin will gain about 500 more points for the year, which would make her total ~1758, which would be good for #13.

Williams Rulez
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:17 AM
I think she can crack the top ten, simply because she has been out of action for so long that she has hardly any points to defend. She is such a consistent peformer, always reaching late into tournies until she meets a better player. So if that keeps up, I think she may be at least top 12.

mboyle
Jul 14th, 2002, 05:17 AM
My fearless predictions:
1. Serena Williams
2. Jennifer Capriati
3. Venus Williams
4. Monica Seles
5. Justine Henin
6. Daniela Hantuchova
7. Martina Hingis
8. Chanda Rubin
9. Amilie Mauresmo
10. Jelena Dokic
11. Lindsay Davenport
12. Kim Clijsters

Notes: I really feel that between 6 and 7 there will be a big gap between points, and that Serena will loose maybe one more match this year (perhaps two at the most). Chanda should definately be top ten, and with most players who made good runs last year either injured (Davenport, Clijsters) or in questionable form (Jelena, gosh she has so much talent. If only...)
combined with Chanda's new found form, I think she should be (as she deserves to be) at number eight by LA. We will see.

Dirty Sanchez
Jul 14th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Chanda's had a very good year and is definitely in a position to move up in the rankings.

She is a better player than quite a few people above her (Shaughnessy,Bedanova,Schnyder etc) and she may well move up to about no.15 by the end of the year (maybe higher depending on her US Open performances).

I can't see her getting to the top 10 in the near future but maybe next year will be her chance to shine...

-Sonic-
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:58 AM
her highest ranking in the forseeable future will prob be next yr's clay season, as he was away jan til then. everything until she has a full year's of tournaments counting for her ranking is half the story.

MLF
Jul 14th, 2002, 12:02 PM
She has a chance but her problem could be in the 28 draw US event hardcourt events that she runs into someone very tough in the second round ( a bit like Schett previously ) and so get stuck. I predict #16 for Chanda.

Richie77
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:23 PM
Chanda should be able to get back into the Top 15. Not sure about the Top 10 this year, but she'll have a great chance to get there at the beginning of next year.

evadafan
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:28 PM
Chanda should be top ten, the other 9 should of course be:

Williams, Williams, Capriati, Seles, Davenport, Henin, Clijsters, Dokic, and Hantuchova.

Monica_Rules
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:33 PM
She'll be at least top 15 by the end of the year!:)

cmasters
Jul 15th, 2002, 12:03 AM
I think that Chanda and Daniela will get into the top ten replacing Davenport and somebody else. Davenport played a lot from this point on last year and won almost everything she played. I think she'll probably need a couple of tournaments to get her rythym back. She'd need to gain about 2000 points this year to be close to the number 10 spot and with the summer tournaments packed with top players I don't think it's realistic for her to be in top ten at the end of the year.
But she will be a serious headache to a top player in the 4th round of Oz next year.