PDA

View Full Version : Stronger and Better Than Ever!!

Sep 6th, 2007, 11:49 PM
How many people cannot wait until Serena comes back fitter, stronger, more intimidating, and better thasn ever!! I know I can't

SunriseSunset
Sep 7th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Yep. Hopefully this was the kick up the backside that she needed.

williamsluva
Sep 9th, 2007, 02:54 AM
Yep. Hopefully this was the kick up the backside that she needed.

It confuses me though, wouldnt wimbledon have been the thing to wake her though?? losing like that when she was at maaybe 50% physically (who can play without a backhand?), wouldnt it make her want to come back and tear her a new one to show that she meant it when she said she would definatley have won wee she not injured

doni1212
Sep 9th, 2007, 03:56 AM
It confuses me though, wouldnt wimbledon have been the thing to wake her though?? losing like that when she was at maaybe 50% physically (who can play without a backhand?), wouldnt it make her want to come back and tear her a new one to show that she meant it when she said she would definatley have won wee she not injured

Not at all. I think that boosted her confidence and made her cocky. She was probably thinking, "Damn Serena, I almost beat Justine and I had no backhand. I even took her to 3 sets!" And of course that would make her think that with a healed thumb, she could beat Justine in straights.

Soothing
Sep 9th, 2007, 04:19 AM
I think that the arrogance has really hurt her. Papa Williams statement after Wimby about Justine being a "Duck on dry land" has fueled this delusion, without the thought that a win is a win. Justine being able to overcome her emotinal fragility has boosted her confidence out of this world. Serena's is a the bottom of the barrel right now, because she should see now, what it will take to beat Justine. Her ultimate goal, she said is to dominate again. At this point that would be a large order if she just had to worry about with Venus. I do believe that both Serena and Venus will step up to the plate and do what it takes to overcome this obstacle. If they don't I for one will be very dissapointed.

Olórin
Sep 9th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I think that the arrogance has really hurt her. Papa Williams statement after Wimby about Justine being a "Duck on dry land" has fueled this delusion, without the thought that a win is a win. Justine being able to overcome her emotinal fragility has boosted her confidence out of this world. Serena's is a the bottom of the barrel right now, because she should see now, what it will take to beat Justine. Her ultimate goal, she said is to dominate again. At this point that would be a large order if she just had to worry about with Venus. I do believe that both Serena and Venus will step up to the plate and do what it takes to overcome this obstacle. If they don't I for one will be very dissapointed.

I agree, I think Serena assumed that Justine wouldn't play her best against her, well this time she did, and she's got to realise it's about Justine as well as her. She needs to play her best and can't rely on the strokes magically being there just in time for the match. She has got to be practising and winning matches on that form before the match. Serena is the kind of player that goes on a roll, look what she did in 2002 and then from the AO to the clay in 2003 and then at the beginning of this year. She had lots of matches (for her) in those times. Likewise, when she won the US Open in 1999, she was on a roll that summer. Im just worried she won't get there in time and turn up at the YECs or something and lose in a heartbreaker like 2004.

williamsluva
Sep 15th, 2007, 08:31 AM

Sad to say ur right, shes arrogant, I think that Miami and the aussie open boosted that, She won both when she wasnt playing her best (miami final), and when she was almost outta the tourney. Wimbledon did boost her cos a few points her and there lost her the match even with non existant backhand, so she believed she was definatley in good enough shape to beat her and that at paris she lost it only cos she "didnt give it 110%". She was fighting all the way in that USO match, but As peter Bodo said, yeh its good to be such a tough fighter, but match play/refinement comes into it when things are tight. If u trained ur a$$ off then in the big moments u KNOW that ur shots are there, and u will be able to pull the shots off.

bake cell
Sep 20th, 2007, 03:27 PM
How many people cannot wait until Serena comes back fitter, stronger, more intimidating, and better thasn ever!! I know I can't

Once Serena comes out of life's shock, a phase we all go through, feeling comfortable with all of her advantages, she'll drop it like it's hot, giving us all that pop pop pop!!!!!:worship:

Fortunately for me, basketball season is around the corner, so I'll have a reason to enjoy Serena's time off. Can't wait to see her do it again!!!!!:worship: