PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Freedoms vs. Delaware Smash

selesfan
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:10 PM
For those of you in Philly, Comcast sportsnet is airing this now.

BB
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:38 PM
GOOOOO PHILLY!

selesfan
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Wow! Maria Sharapova is a real screamer, she is also very talented, Alexandra really played well and moved well.

Monica_Rules
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Any scores?

selesfan
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:49 PM
It was taped from the other day, Alex wins 5-4.

Wizkid
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:50 PM
for those not in philly who want to see this matchup it will be on the Madison Square Garden Network at 4:00 and on Fox Sports North at 7:00.

selesfan
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:50 PM
I don't understand why Alex didn't play during the clay court season, the match was on green clay and she was really moving well.

Monica_Rules
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:56 PM
She was resting for grass! Big help:rolleyes:

-Sonic-
Jul 13th, 2002, 07:23 PM
how many networks do u people have? :p

the cat
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:13 PM
Selesfan, Maria is a screamer? When I saw her play on thursday, she wasn't that noisy. I think she was tired though. Which may have impacted her grunting.

I missed the MSG coverage this afternoon. :( Did anyone tape it. MSG is showing WTT action at 3 AM. I hope they are re-running the Delaware - Philiadelphia match.

Did Alexandra serve big against Mighty Maria?

Wizkid
Jul 14th, 2002, 12:01 AM
the cat Maria was pretty loud during the match I doubt it was from being tired I mean they only played 9 games. They both played pretty well and I was really impressed with Alex she served very well and overall she played well on the clay which gets me to thinking why she skipped the clay season. She is still a little impatient and she did go for too much at times. Maria is definitely going to be a great player and I didn't notice how pretty she was

the cat
Jul 14th, 2002, 12:19 AM
Thanks Wiz! :wavey:

I meant Maria was too tired when I saw her play in person thursday on Long Island. She seemed tired and sleepy when I met her before the match. And after Maria played doubles and singles, I saw her agent, and he admitted she was tired. But I could see the great shotmaking ability that Maria already has! :D

And I thought her grunting would be louder when I saw her. But after just coming over from Wimbledon on sunday to play WTT matches on tuesday, wednesday and thursday caught up with her. And I think her grunting wasn't as loud as I expected it to be because she was very tired. If I get to see her play WTT on television, I'll tell you if her grunting was louder than what she did on Long Island.

Udachi Maria! :bounce:

P.S. - Wiz, please read my thread on my meeting Maria on Long Island in General Messages. I think you'll like it! :)

selesfan
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:17 AM
I think this match was taped and it was played on tuesday so she might not have been tired yet, she was screaming, it was pretty funny. I am very impressed by her tennis, she was hitting some beautiful shots and I was surprised how well Alex was moving to actually get to the shots.

the cat
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Unfortunately, I missed the airing of the Smash/Freedom match. I really wanted to see Maria Sharapova play on television for the first time! I am so dissapointed. If anyone out there taped this match from beginning to end on the MSG Network, I would like to pick up or purchase the tape or a copy of the tapoe from you. And in return I would send you tennis magaizines or a tennis tape of your favorite player. If anyone can help, please Pm me. Thanks!