Jul 13th, 2002, 11:47 AM
look what I've found!

http://www.zuonline.ch/storys/storys.cfm?vID=1285

it's an article from last year, but anway:
finally a non-tennis picture fo MGM!

the article states different things as follows:

-------------

- she's shy but determined

- it's rather difficult to train for her at home, because all depends upon the weather: they just have open air tennis courts where she lives (near lausanne).

- her father, who's a dentist, trains her, but since he's got his job, he doesn't always have time.

- on her spare time she likes to play with her two brothers (6 and 7 years old), e.g. soccer. she's interested in astronomy and likes to listen to classical and armenian music.

- she doesn't have a sponsor. the only thing she got was rackets and a bag from Head.

-------------

all in all one can say that marie at this point of her career needs to improve some things (maybe she already has - since the article is from 9 months ago): a proper coach, better training conditions and certainly a sponsor!

_ _ _

Zamboni
Jul 13th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Thanx Beat.

Really nice article :)

Vanity
Jul 13th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Well, I don't understand a word of it, but thanks for giving us the details Beat. :) It is finally nice to see an "off court" pic of her too. :)

From looking at the picture of her playing at Wimbledon, she is now wearing the "Head" brand on her clothes. Perhaps they have sponsored her now? If not, I can't believe she doesn't have one. There are much lower-ranked players on the tour that have sponsorships! I also think she should get a coach (perhaps she has one now)... like Brad Gilbert! although that would probably be just a dream. ;) She should also probably relocate to somewhere where there is indoor courts or all-year round play is possible (like Florida).

Zamboni
Jul 14th, 2002, 10:41 AM
I'm glad I understand German ;)

Beat summarized it pretty well, you didn't miss much, Vanity :)

I also hope she has a sponsor now, also I think she needs a coach and a different location cos she needs to train!!!

the cat
Jul 19th, 2002, 12:00 AM
I would be shocked if MGM doesn't have atleast one sponsor by now! :eek:

Do you think it may be better that she had to prove herself first, before getting a sponsor?

Zamboni
Jul 19th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I think it might have been better, I mean a sponsor also brings pressure! She didn't have that pressure now.

Doris Loeffel
Jul 19th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Danke Beat

Still was pretty interresting