PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Photos from WTT - She's looking VERY fit! :)

martinafan
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:25 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020712/capt.1026524897davenport_comeback_ctdh104.jpg

Lindsay Davenport returns a shot during a World Team Tennis mixed doubles match against Meghann Shaughnessy and Murphy Jensen in Hartford, Conn., Friday, July 12, 2002. Davenport's partner was Mahesh Bhupathi. Davenport, 26, a three-time Grand Slam champion, was playing competitively for the first time Friday, since surgery on her right knee in January. (AP Photo/Douglas Healey)

martinafan
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:29 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020712/capt.1026521287davenport_comeback_ctdh103.jpg

She is looking VERY GOOD! :)

martinafan
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:30 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020712/capt.1026520028davenport_comeback_ctdh102.jpg

conchita
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:32 AM
omg she looks so much better! i must admit that i used to hate her coz she always beat hingis but now i really miss and like her! i hope you do really well in all your upcoming tournaments!

:)

King Aaron
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:34 AM
Yup.. she looks good

Vincent
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:33 AM
She won that match.......
Williams is going to have a trouble with Lindsay's great comeback!

TatiAnnah°lic
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:35 AM
she looks very good! :D:D

shirley
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Woo-hoo Lindsay's Back!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Monica_Rules
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:38 AM
She looks great:D

I think shes gonna be a major threat to the williams sisters domination!

BrianII
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:43 AM
wow she looks fantastic !

tennisfreak
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:54 AM
She looks great. :D
I┤ve never seen her in a better shape. :bounce:
Linds will certainly make womens tennis more interesting again
(at least for me :p )

AaronJoyB
Jul 13th, 2002, 12:01 PM
SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!

Monica@53
Jul 13th, 2002, 12:10 PM
I can't wait to see her name on the scoreboard pages once again!!!!! And can't wait to see her in action at the US OPEN!!!

kfh_9118
Jul 13th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Yay, Lindsay is back :bounce: :bounce:

She was not my favourite, but now I start to like her, and hopefully she can match the domination of Williams sisters.

Love u, Lindsay :kiss: :kiss:

Beat
Jul 13th, 2002, 12:17 PM
wow, lindsay!
so what was the score?

Kart
Jul 13th, 2002, 12:26 PM
Nice pictures :).

Lleyki
Jul 13th, 2002, 12:29 PM
She looks great idd
Go Lindsay :bounce:

Jarrett
Jul 13th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Shaughnessy (HFF) def. Davenport (NYB} 5-2

Verve
Jul 13th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Will Lindsay play more singles matches at the WTT-thing?

Indeed, she looks very good! For the first time in her career, she almost looks skinny! I've never seen her look better:)

Good luck Lindsay!

matthias
Jul 13th, 2002, 01:20 PM
she lost weight!!!

welcome back lindsay :wavey:

selesfan
Jul 13th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Wow! She looks great!

Renee
Jul 13th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Lindsay has lost so much weight, she looks like a different person. Welcome back!!!

Come-on-kim
Jul 13th, 2002, 01:54 PM
What are the results of the WTT?

▀coene
Jul 13th, 2002, 01:56 PM
She looks great, especially her legs, you can see the muscels in her legs very well in the first picture.
I hope also that she can challenge the Williams Sisters.

mboyle
Jul 13th, 2002, 01:59 PM
WOW! That was my big question mark about whether she could challenge the Williams Sisters (her fitness). Though I don't expect her to immediately beat everyone in sight (Hello she lost to Shaughnessy) I hope that by the US Open, her rust will go away, and she will be near 100%. It really is too bad though that Capriati is fading away. I really liked her and loved to see her beat Serena. :sad: Maybe she can get better mentally, and get her old serve back (she used to have a monstorous first serve up until the Henin match at Wimbledon, where for some reason, everything came apart and she stopped playing as well) Good, no Great Luck Lindsay, and have fun torturing the Williams Girls :p .

Greenout
Jul 13th, 2002, 01:59 PM
OH!!

LD was on CNN World Sport. They showed clips from
the WTT event and did a she gave comments about
being back playing tennis.

She looked great on TV. Her face didn't look pudgy,
nice tan. :)

usatennis1
Jul 13th, 2002, 02:05 PM
She looks good! I think this is the best shape that I have ever seen.

WECLOME BACK!!!!:bounce: :wavey: :)

LittleTennisFan
Jul 13th, 2002, 05:23 PM
WOW! Lindsay is looking fab. Lean, tanned and most importantly fit!

Roll on the US Open :)

http://www.smilies.nl/bounce/1blue1.gif

venusfan
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:12 PM
She does look thinner in the face.. the body hasn't changed though.

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Welcome back Linds. Man, you guys are so desperate to find a worthy challenger for the Williams sisters. That is so funny...

Jarrett
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:26 PM
http://home.das-berlin.de/pics4/scottsdale014.jpg

TeeRexx
Jul 13th, 2002, 06:45 PM
LOL@ Freethinker :)

Glad to see Lindsay back and in the condition that she should have been in a few years ago.
Monica, look at Lindsay, it can be done.

But, unfortunately, all is for naught because VENUS and SERENA are in better shape and in peak form right now.

The battle for the #3 & #4 spots will be hot indeed. :)

GrandSlammed
Jul 13th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Linsz is the great white hope now?? lol... what happened to all that support for JC, building up to Wimbledon??
"The Only Player Capable Of Competing With The WilliamsSisters" ... lol...

Jarrett
Jul 13th, 2002, 07:17 PM
Linsz is the great white hope now??

:rolleyes:

Pureracket
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:22 PM
I'm glad she is back. I wonder what happened to make her face look so thin, though. Her body doesn't look that much thinner.

CC
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:04 PM
Ready to battle, Lindsay?

per4ever
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:26 PM
whooohoooo GO LINDSAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kick asses :D

no Elske or Angelica in here...weird ;)

Cilla
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:33 PM
Yah! Welcome back Linds :bounce:

RockSteady
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Nice to see Lindsay back.
Not nice to see TeeRexx and freethinker still in existance.

Hopefully Lindsay will provide a challenge for the top spot, because she does everything better than the Williams sisters except she is much slower.

Speed is something that can be improved but most people are naturally fast or slow, no matter their shape. Still, I hope Lindsay improved the wheels a little bit.

CB
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:37 PM
:eek: :eek:

Lindsay looks completely fit! Tanned, slim, must have dropped 6 to 8 pounds for sure :) Congrats ;)

harloo
Jul 13th, 2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by GrandSlammed
Linsz is the great white hope now?? lol... what happened to all that support for JC, building up to Wimbledon??
"The Only Player Capable Of Competing With The WilliamsSisters" ... lol...

ROTFLMAO, too funny grandslammed. Very true indeed.

Welcome back Lindsay, love to watch you play. Now we can stop hearing how much Venus and Serena wouldn't be #1 and #2 if you were on the tour.:rolleyes: Improve that record against the sisters Lindsay, they have already annointed you the saviour of women's tennis . ;) Don't slip up, or they might turn on you.:kiss:

Althea
Jul 14th, 2002, 12:25 AM
Welcome Back Lindsay... you look good...
??? are you ready to take on the task that so many have set before you???

Couver
Jul 14th, 2002, 12:31 AM
Wow Lindsay looks great! It's nice to see her back :)

Tee & Free you guys have to relax. Just take what they say with a grain of salt, it's actually very funny.

'because she does everything better than the Williams sisters except she is much slower'

Hmmm I don't know about that??

Williams Rulez
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:09 AM
Welcome back Lindsay... glad to see you in fantastic shape...
Her face... its much lovelier now! :D (less pudgy)
Kick ass when you return Lindsay! :D

'because she does everything better than the Williams sisters except she is much slower'... LMAO... I'm sure. And the Williams' speed is the reason they are dominating tennis right now. :rolleyes:

CanIGetAWhat
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:31 AM
it's nice to see Lindsay back, but i'm not sure if she's ready to challenge Venus and Serena atm. she just lost to meghann, a player who is suffering the sophomore slump. i think she'll be ready next year, she's got nothing to defend for the first seven months.

Freefall
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:37 AM
I think part of Meghann's sophomore slump, is she had a hurt back earlier this year & that held her back for a while. (No pun intended :p ) I'm not sure if she's 100% now, but I hope she is. Same with Lindsay.

brickhousesupporter
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:40 AM
Wow, she looks really fit. It is really nice to see her hitting the ball again. Good luck with the rest of the year.

RockSteady
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:45 AM
"The Great White Hope".

The only reason most Williams fans ARE Williams fans is because they are black, so who are you to ridicule people who root for someone the same skin color as them?

I forgot, it doesn't work both ways.

Look up 'hypocrite' and get back to us.

persond
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by RockSteady
"The Great White Hope".

The only reason most Williams fans ARE Williams fans is because they are black, so who are you to ridicule people who root for someone the same skin color as them?

I forgot, it doesn't work both ways.

Look up 'hypocrite' and get back to us.

HAHAHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa, aaahhh HaH

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!

Becool
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:59 AM
Lindsay is fit :) But I dont think its enough to defeat Venus or Serena

rhz
Jul 14th, 2002, 07:12 AM
looking good! the fittest i've ever seen ! too bad she lost to meghann!

Couver
Jul 14th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Please don't generalize RockSteady! I for one don't support Venus & Serena for that reason. And since you don't really like Williams fans you hardly know their reasoning.

Granted some may, I don't know, how do you?

Diamond
Jul 14th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Lol Grandslammed, how true.

R. DIS
Jul 14th, 2002, 07:48 AM
OMG has Lindsay stopped eating!!!!!!!!! She has lost so much weight, hmmmmm maybe it was lipo.

Williams Rulez
Jul 14th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Please R.DIS... :rolleyes:

Come-on-kim
Jul 14th, 2002, 08:36 AM
COME ON LINDSAY!!!!!! TAKE MARTINA PLACE IN MY TOP 3

Alan
Jul 14th, 2002, 08:49 AM
NOW I CAN LOOK FORWARD TO MORE ACTION!!!!!!!!!!

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

anton
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:17 AM
she does look much better. did she have plastic surgery on her face?

Greenout
Jul 14th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Give the sarcasm a break..

Alot of us (believe it or not) are huge Lindsay fans
and our joy in seeing her back has nothing to do with
the taunting remarks about "great white hope".

I have always been a huge Lindsay supporter, I learned
to enjoy Jenn too. I doubt the Capriati crew have dumped
her as you so imply.

Why do some (notice the word SOME) of you Williams fans
always think it has something to do with them?

We tennis fans tend to not appreciate our WTA players until
their injured, out of action, or retired. I'm in also in the
other grey area where some of us dwell...."we give our
favorites even more support when things aren't going well".

Cheers

Sam L
Jul 14th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Lindsay looks great, I love the hair :) But what happened to the head band? ;)

moon
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Greenout, I don't know if you noticed, but Williams fans, did not bring V and S into this thread. Go reread some of the earlier posts.

Rocksteady, typical BS.:rolleyes:

anyway....it'll be nice to see Linds play this summer. :)

Viva
Jul 14th, 2002, 02:53 PM
Ooooooo she looks so great. I wish I could look that god. I think I might actually start up a fitness regime.

I wish she would bring back the headband though - glad she grew the hair out, looks so much better longer. Can't wait to see her at the US Open!

Go Lindsay!!!v :D

Harju.
Jul 14th, 2002, 03:09 PM
OMG!! Yay!! Lindsay :bounce: :bounce:
At last!!! :sad:
She lost weight!! See her arms.. her legs..
Fight Lindsay.. I'll support u

Ryan
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:12 PM

By most, RockSteady didn't mean ALL, so technically there was no generaliztion.;)

Lindsay looks great, hopefully she'll be close to 100% by the US Open. Does nayone think she could win one of the lead-up events?

adlysha babalu
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:15 PM
hey..i realise that lindsay lost a lot of weight compaire to the last time!! woww..way back lindsay!!

Jakeev
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:25 PM
To all my TRUE fellow Lindsay fans remember she does her talking on the court. Remember she likes playing the sisters and I think the challenge they now post for her is a good thing.

For Williams fans, there is nothing wrong with non fans wanting to see them challenged and for others, don't be a Lindsay fan all of a sudden just because you don't like the sisters.

You are transparent and fake and you know who you are.

American tennis has never looked better!!!!

thekimfan
Jul 15th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by per4ever
whooohoooo GO LINDSAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kick asses :D

no Elske or Angelica in here...weird ;)

indeed, I was shocked too;)

Maajken
Jul 15th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Hey! If you two would have been a little more attentive, you'd have noticed i had posted already! :p

Maajken
Jul 15th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Oops no i didnt. I posted in the other one :o

Goooooo Lindsay then :bounce: :bounce:

Informative
Jul 15th, 2002, 03:31 PM
There are a number of delusional posters here who actually think that Lindsay is going to be a major challenge to Venus & Serena. Wake up and get a grip folks! Before Lindsay came down with her injury her combinedrecord against Venus & Serena since 2000 was 3-14, LOL! I'm glad Davenport is healthy and playing again but she knows, even if many of you on this board refuse to face reality, that she ain't the one to push V & S out of the top two spots. Rocksteady, there is NOTHING that Lindsay does better than either Venus or Serena on the tennis court, including running. The completely false and idiotic notion that Venus and Serena are simply "natural athletes" who lack fundamental tennis skills is a bonehead assertion that only someone who hasn't been playing close attention to women's tennis over the past five years could possibly make. Over the past 30 months (or since the 21st century began) the combined record of "the sisters" is 239-32 with 6 GS majors. Lindsay hasn't been "challenging" Venus and Serena since the new century began, and she won't start now. Don't be silly.

Jippo McScally
Jul 15th, 2002, 07:41 PM
:eek: She look's amazing! :eek:!
Go Lindsay!

*roddicksinme*
Jul 15th, 2002, 08:20 PM
wow Lindsay, you are looking great!!!!

so happy to see her back~

RockSteady
Jul 15th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Lindsay can do EVERYTHING better than them but isn't half as athletic. She has better net play, a more consistent, equally as devestating serve, a better second serve, a much better backhand than either of them, a better forehand than either of them, more consistence, deeper drives, better accuracy.

And the notion that Venus and Serena have won on athleticism alone is a completely true statement that only blind Williams fans cannot see.

EVERY player in the top 10, EVERY PLAYER, has a better slice, dropshot, lob, volley, and has better point construction than either sister. Maybe they can volley better than Monica. Congratulations to them, they join just about everyone to ever live in that category. They hit it hard, run fast, hit it harder, run faster. It's how they win, this has been common knowledge for the past 5 years, hitting a ball with a lot topspin doesn't constitute variety or skill, my grandmom could do that.

selesfan
Jul 15th, 2002, 09:09 PM
EVERY player in the top 10, EVERY PLAYER, has a better slice, dropshot, lob, volley, and has better point construction than either sister. Maybe they can volley better than Monica. Congratulations to them, they join just about everyone to ever live in that category. They hit it hard, run fast, hit it harder, run faster. It's how they win, this has been common knowledge for the past 5 years, hitting a ball with a lot topspin doesn't constitute variety or skill, my grandmom could do that

Maybe your grandmom should enter the US Open and prevent the all Williams final.;)

Dado
Jul 15th, 2002, 09:11 PM
Welcome back Lindsay! She looks great!

Julie
Jul 15th, 2002, 09:15 PM
i saw venus and serena at the wimby final live and with my own eyes, they're not my favourite players but they are skillful as well as athletic. They have talent and heaps of it, and im sorry but i dont understand how anyone can say otherwise, whether oyu like them or not.

BUT

This is a thread about lindsay and how fit/well she is looking, no one knows her level when she returns to the tour. She may be a contender, she may not, its all speculation. As a lindsay fan myself im just glad shes back and playing.

The next person (and those who follow them) to throw in comments regarding the williams's (or any other player) good or bad - just to propenciate the bickering that has overturned the main purpose of this thread, will find themselves dealt with accordingly.

Julie
Jul 15th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Oh and yes - welcome back Lindsay - you really are looking great and ready to go :bounce: :bounce: - good luck to you :bounce: :bounce:

GrandSlammed
Jul 15th, 2002, 09:32 PM
The next person (and those who follow them) to throw in comments regarding the williams's (or any other player) good or bad - just to propenciate the bickering that has overturned the main purpose of this thread, will find themselves dealt with accordingly.
Watch out now!

Big Bad momma J ain't playin'!

Williams Rulez
Jul 16th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Well said Julie! :D

I don't understand how Rocksteady cannot see the truth.
To think that I once thought you were remotely objective.

evaz
Jul 16th, 2002, 10:26 AM
She's really looking great - it's good to see her back again playing tournaments!

Raisin
Jul 16th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Welcome back Lindsay:bounce:

And well said Jakeev.

jacs
Jul 17th, 2002, 06:59 PM
i just happy to see lindsay play again.

welcome back my queen :D

Bella
Jul 17th, 2002, 07:12 PM
The "moderation" in General Messages has become very heavy-handed and threatening. I see you just announced a new rule. "You cannot bring up the Williams sisters in a thread about anything else."

c2
Jul 19th, 2002, 08:45 PM
she looks great!! Welcome back LINDSAY :kiss: :hearts: :wavey:

Volcana
Jul 19th, 2002, 09:33 PM
6 to 8? Try 15 to 20. She looks wonderful and ready to go!

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 19th, 2002, 10:35 PM
Rocksteady ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Oasiatic
Jul 19th, 2002, 11:22 PM
Lord, I'm worried now. If she plays as well as she looks, she looks like an absolute threat to my Serena. She looks great!

Go Lindsay! Welcome back! :bounce:

Terri77
Jul 20th, 2002, 03:08 AM
She looks great, welcome back Lindsay!

Doublebackhand
Jul 20th, 2002, 05:36 AM
I am sure with Lindsay back, women's tennis will be more interesting to watch.
The way Lindsay grooves her physical conditions just made me wonder yet again why can't Monica do something more to hers????