PDA

View Full Version : A Question on doubles trophies

calabar
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Hello everyone,

Here's my question: when a doubles team wins a tournament, does each player gets a trophy or is it one trophy for the TEAM? I raise the question because I've seen pictures of Venus and Serena holding individual trophies for winning the doubles at Wimbledon this year. However, two years ago when they won the Australian Open doubles, they were both holding the SAME one trophy. So what gives here.

I guess from a practical standpoint, it makes sense to have two trophies so each player can have something to put in their trophy case. Obviously, that's not an issues for the Williams Sisters since they live in the same house, but for everyone else, say Raymond/Stubb, if there is only ONE trophy, then who gets to keep it?

Thoughts anyone ?

Calabar

Sam L
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:17 PM
They hold one trophy that is presented to them on court for show (for the photographs) to indicate it's a team effort. But you get individual trophies. Otherwise there's going to hell broken out to choose who's going to get to keep the trophy. LOL.

salima
Jul 12th, 2002, 04:44 PM
I thought it maybe was this was:

One player keeps the trophy, and must carri the trophy in the suitcase around the world. The other player gets the money with all the problems connected to that.