PDA

View Full Version : What happened to The Tennis Channel?

4Seles
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:38 AM
Can anyone tell me? I remember hearing last year that one of the first broadcasts would be this year's Bank of the West Classic. Please inform.

4Seles
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:56 AM
I found the answer to my question on their website at:

www.thetennischannel.com

It appears that they will be broadcasting the Bank of the West Classic. It seems that their only affiliate is Time Warner Cable. I think that I will be making some calls to DirecTV. Care to join me in the effort?

Warrior
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:13 AM
I've read an article which said that they will start broadcasting in December.

4Seles
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:15 AM
Thanks Umpire. Do you remember where you read it?

Warrior
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:21 AM
It was posted on this messageboard.

LucasArg
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:24 AM
I hope they have a partnership here in Argentina:angel:

Darkheart
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:25 AM
Yeah, I also read somewhere (I think it was on this forum) that they will launch in December. The funny thing is that there's no tennis in December to broadcast.

Anyway, I think if you do a search on this forum, you might find the post about this.

4Seles
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:30 AM
Thanks to all. I also found in their last press release on the website that they are now saying late 2002.

ys
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:31 AM
The funny thing is that there's no tennis in December to broadcast.

Oh really? I would be quite happy to watch ITF Sunshine/Connoly Cup and Orange Bowl, wouldn't you?

Cassius
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:35 AM
I believe the French call that, 'touche'.

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 12th, 2002, 04:33 AM
I have Time Warner cable right now- I'll see what they have to say and let you guys know. I don't remember seeing which tourni's they would be broadcasting or when they would start, but I'll try and call them over the weekend and see what they know...don't hold your breath though- this cable company is pitiful at best and usually not very informative....