PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the US Open tickets...

tenn_ace
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:27 AM
for day sessions:

August 31 - 1 or 2 tickets
September 1 - 1 ticket

lemon
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:33 AM
I'll havve to see about my press pass, but you never know.... sometimes i get 2-4 tickets for the whole tourney

ys
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:36 AM
It is going to be tough to get anything for 31st..

tenn_ace
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:54 AM
any help would be appreciated:wavey:, lemon-ice

ys, yeah, I realize it... kicking myself really hard for not buying earlier (wasn't sure whether I'd be able to go)

BK4ever
Jul 12th, 2002, 05:37 AM
r u looking for a grounds pass or stadium tickets?

ys
Jul 12th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Doesn't matter, both are sold out..

BK4ever
Jul 12th, 2002, 05:57 AM
you can get grounds passes the day of for the first 8 days of the tournament. You just have to come early and stand inline.

ys
Jul 12th, 2002, 05:59 AM
I hope so. However this time of year groundpasses for all days were stlil on sale. I don't like it... The only day for which I don't have tickets is Saturday, and it's my favourite day.

Steam
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Hopefully, the first days aren't sold out yet. I just need crappy Ashe seats and I plan to buy this week.

So much for going on Saturday though. Oh well.

BK4ever
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:29 PM
trust me, get grounds passes for sat, then sneak your way into Ashe stadium, my friends and I do it (successfully) whenever we dont have tickets...I think they stopped selling groundpasses(???), so u will have to show up day of and stand online. The lines are not as bad as wimby if thats any consolation.

moon
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:36 PM
WHAT???!!!!
STADIUM TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT FOR SATURDAY?!

anybody know about Sunday?

ys
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:47 PM
I don't know. I was able to buy tixs for Sunday about 2-3 weeks ago, but I guess, according to tenn_ace, they are sold otu by now too.

ys
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:50 PM
I went on Saturday three last times and there was no reason whatsoever to even try sneaking in to Ashe. The only match their I regret of missing was perhaps AK-Henin two years ago. Most of others were trivial blowouts. And there is so much to see on side courts..:)

ys
Jul 13th, 2002, 01:58 PM
You know, I was trying Tocketmaster every day for Saturday tickets ( because I knew that there would be some minor tickets sales even after the original pool is sold out ). And yesterday night they throw out some tix for Saturday and I was lucky. I wanted to post about that right away for other folks to try it too, but boards were down. Try it Saturday morning, it might not be too late yet..

usatennis1
Jul 13th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Try right now! I just checked, you can get tickets now!

moon
Jul 15th, 2002, 04:26 AM
I called the Open Tix# today, and they had tickets for September 1st. They said they didn't have any tickets for Saturday, but to keep calling back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they usually give out grounds passes each morning of the event?

ys
Jul 15th, 2002, 05:59 AM
They do, but isn't it a bit nice not to have to be there by 6am?

moon
Jul 16th, 2002, 12:55 AM
I agree, standing in line the morning of sucks. I'm going to try like hell to get tickets before then. I will only go to stand in line as a last resort. :)

tenn_ace
Jul 16th, 2002, 05:00 AM
thanks guys a bunch...

I got my Sunday tickets yesterday :):):) ...was so excited:cool:

so right now I have Fri, Sun, Mon and have to buy for Sat... moon, I will do the same (i.e. will stay in line) if I have to. maybe we'll see each other there ;)

regarding AA stadium... I go there very rarely even when I have tickets... There is so much more interesting stuff all around the grounds........ I spend all my time there :)

venusfan
Jul 16th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Trust me, and I do this every year.. You can get tickets for the US Open a week before it opens. I order tickets online a week b4 open each year. They always keep reserves...

ys
Jul 16th, 2002, 07:54 AM
It is not their reserves. Tour companies and tickets brokers reserve some ticketrs for themselves,but if the demand is not really big, they will probably return some of them back.

Amanda
Jul 16th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Check out the classified section of USA Today...tickets for all sporting events. Some are a bit pricey....some are a real steal.