PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Players Where are they now people!!

Gasp
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:36 PM
I really thought the following would be much bigger by now, despite the occasional big tournements they haven't lived up to what i thought they would.

Mirjana Lucic (CRO), Current Singles Rank: 232, She debuted at the grand slams in 1997 aged just 15 and reached the 3rd round of the USA, i remember her reaching the semis at wimbeldon, she then vanished and then reached the 3rd round at the french in 2001, and has only played the french open this year where she reached Round 2, Her grand slams go ok, where is she thru the year?? Shes still just 20... hope 2 see her back soon.

Karina Habsudova (SVK), is she injured, or is it over? She was top 10 and did well at some of the slams.

Olga Barabanschikova (BLR), she did well at wimbeldon as well back in 2000, i thought she might be the one to take over from Zvereva but no show at the slams for ages!!

Lina Krasnoroutskaya (RUS), i know shes been injured, but what a talent i cant wait for her to come back!!

Maria Emilia Salerni (ARG), Current Singles Rank: 139, i've been waiting for big things from her but shes only 19, hopefully she can make that big break thru soon

Also any news on Anabel Medina Garrigues havent seen her since her great run at teh Australian open where she went out injured, is she still injured??

Habsudovafan
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Karina is injured. (Achilles-tendon partial rupture) I hope she will be back soon but i'm not sure of her current status. I can't wait until she's coming back!!!!!!

spiceboy
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Anabel intended to comeback in Sopot, but she will probably wait an extra week for a challenger in St. Gaudens $50K and Helsinki before heading for US :)

Jakeev
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Olga B. is also back but has not quite found her game yet. Mirjana is playing in a challenger but not sure how she has done so far.

MLF
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:27 PM
Mirjana is playing this week for the first time since she injured her heel against Panova in the second round of the French Open. She beat the #2 seed Vanessa Webb in the first round in straight sets and tonight reached the quarter finals by beating Jessica Lenhoff 2-6 7-5 6-0. ( She was 6-2 4-2 40-0 down so good fight! )
Of course Mirjana's family, injury and fitness problems are well known so hopefully she can now have a period where she can play injury free.

I want Karina back. I miss her. Doesn't look as if it's going to happen for Barabanschikova.

Virginia Wade
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:42 PM
I'm now a commentator and regular poster on this board, if your interested...

Gasp
Jul 12th, 2002, 05:38 PM
thanks all

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 12th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Lina is back training again and she intends to return in LA.

hopefully its the end of her problems