PDA

View Full Version : Should Serena Play Doubles W/Martina N.?

GogoGirl
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Would anyone like to see Serena & Martina N. play doubles together? Was it Mary or Chris that sort of harped on the theme -this Wimby past? It was almost as if they wanted Serena to realize that she should feel honored to play w/Martina.

I mean - if it was an exhibition match - then maybe it would be fun - but not a WTA event. That position is already taken by 'Big Sis.

Anybody?

BB
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:31 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NZ and MN thats a legends team! She can't destroy the history!

Roseie
Jul 11th, 2002, 08:25 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO She should not. What would she gain? I really think Martina should leave the young people alone, & get a life. Her day is past. She should move on.

anton
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Martina Nav already asked Serena to pla a few years ago in Tokyo in February. Martina said that Serena told her that she only plays doubles with Venus and Martina said that she could respect that.

Raj
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:43 PM
SERENA only plays doubles with VENUS but even thats a bit difficult for them because they do not enter many of the same tournaments.
So only end up playing in SLAMS these days.

I think it would be fun if they played doubles with other players, but i don't see it happening.