Jul 11th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Wow! I struggled to make the pic show. LOL! I'm still a baby. Waaaaaaaaa

;)

V.S.
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:20 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/gallery/2002/0710/photo/gallery13.jpg

Brian Stewart
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:50 PM
One thing that struck me was when Angela Bassett introduced Serena. A while back, Ms. Bassett worked out to get herself "buff" for some of her film roles. She got a nice physique to show for it. However, when Serena came out and stood next to her, it made Bassett look puny by comparison.

RAA
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:53 PM
I just love her dress. I like it a lot better than the one she wore to the Champions ball..

Althea
Jul 12th, 2002, 01:09 AM
She's looks lovely, especially like the second picture
Thanks eshell:)

QueenO
Jul 12th, 2002, 01:24 AM
Serena looked lovely....

Becool
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:31 AM
OMG What a dress!!! :lick: :drool: :lick: :drool:

She looks STTUNIN'

Gumbycat
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:33 AM
SERENA, YOU GO GIRL!!!! :)

xcrtbckhnd
Jul 12th, 2002, 04:10 AM
She looks quite amazing and I love her dress- she misread the teleprompter slightly but just kept on going- it was fine and a little cute actually! She said something like the "films of the film-makers..." but I think it was supposed to be the "feelings of the film-makers..." - I'm not sure exactly, did anyone else catch this? She looks beautiful though!

Althea
Jul 12th, 2002, 04:55 AM
came back to take another peek;)
Thank you as well V.S. :)

Couver
Jul 12th, 2002, 05:00 AM
Thanks V.S. I saw her yesterday and I was like whoa! Serena always looks awesome, but I love her dress. The color is totally her and her hair looked wonderful.

LucasArg
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:25 AM
She looks gorgeous:kiss:

Nina_rus
Jul 12th, 2002, 07:59 AM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020711/i/1026361277.3892404309.jpg

Nina_rus
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:01 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020711/capt.1026358031.espy_awards_xla128.jpg

Nina_rus
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:02 AM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020711/i/1026351467.3556876381.jpg

Jeff
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:18 AM
I missed the Espy's, but will probably watch the repeat on Saturday.

Serena looks great in that dress :D

Becool
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Her nails are wonderful also!

She has to get the best dressed of the night!!!

MartianJoeyWinson
Jul 12th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Jesus Christ!!!

What the hell does she use on her teeth! Bleach? I knew wrigleys chewing gum helps your teeth, but I dunno how you can get teeth that white?

Anyway... veeery nice indeed...

irma
Jul 12th, 2002, 09:19 AM
she probarly bought that stuf that they show on homeshopping;)

geoepee
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:40 AM
I didn't know that they offered Harry Winston diamonds and Fred Leighton at HSN :rolleyes:

Beige
Jul 12th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by geoepee
I didn't know that they offered Harry Winston diamonds and Fred Leighton at HSN :rolleyes:

Hehe, geopee, irma was just kidding. ;)

I love Serena and no doubt that she's a striking presence but...this white girl weave has got to go. :o

Just keepin' it real, my fellow Williams fans. :)

irma
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:01 AM
I was talking about stuf they sell on hs wich makes your teeth whiter then white;)

Sam L
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:16 AM
I've said it before but Serena looks stunning, she should've dressed like that to Wimbledon! There she looked like she was going to a high school dance or something! :confused:

Beat
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:19 AM
am I the only one who doesn't find these pictures very flattering??

nander
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:25 PM
I am just wondering (been wondering for a while actually) ... are 'Winesses' not conservative in dress as well as philosophy and doctrine?
Also, have to agree with Beige... what's with the hair thing?

Sam L
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:29 PM
What's wrong with Serena's hair? :confused: I think it looks great on her and she should put in a pony tail when on court that'll go nice with that tiara she wears :)

nander
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Sam L,
Serena's hair'?
Maybe that is the point.

eshell
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Her hair looks much better here than it did at Wimbledon! Phew! I think this dress and the hair make her look incredibly sexy and feminine. <sigh> ;)

geoepee
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:07 PM
oops :)

Well, let me take that back. I thought you meant she bought HSN costume jewelry a la Suzanne Somers/Susan Lucci to wear at the ESPYs.

TSequoia01
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Beat

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yep you are the only one. :p :p :p

Queen Akasha
Jul 12th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Beat

No you're not, and I am a Williams fan too. I have to be honest, I liked the way Serena looked much better in 2000. IMO, Serena's frame is too muscular to wear that type of dress. The blonde hair has to go, it works better on women with a lighter complexion, Serena is attractive when made up properly, but she is not Beyonce!

Beige
Jul 12th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Queen Akasha

No you're not, and I am a Williams fan too. I have to be honest, I liked the way Serena looked much better in 2000. IMO, Serena's frame is too muscular to wear that type of dress. The blonde hair has to go, it works better on women with a lighter complexion, Serena is attractive when made up properly, but she is not Beyonce!

I agree all the way around except for Beyonce. Sometimes even
her blonde weaves don't always work. She's lighter than Serena but Ms. Knowles isn't Vanessa L. Williams either.

CC
Jul 12th, 2002, 04:32 PM
"ESPN Hollywood"

(Click here for a complete list of winners)

MVPs met superstars as Hollywood and the sports world converged at the home of the Oscars®. A clash of cultures? Hardly! It was a match made in heaven, as the 10th Annual ESPY Awards moved into the Kodak Theater. Stars of sports and screen were positively giddy over mixing it up. The ESPY Awards were a night for celebrities to get star-struck. It was "ESPN Hollywood," and Pat O'Brien was in the middle of all the action.

The affair proved to be a little overwhelming for tennis superstar Jennifer Capriati. Rumors have swirled of a romance between the tennis champ and her biggest fan, "Friends" star Matthew Perry. When asked about the marriage rumors, Capriati displayed her ring-less finger and said: "We're not getting married."

Matthew presented an award just moments after Jennifer stepped off stage. "I just missed her on stage. I gave out an award right after her. We'll hang out later – it's good to see her," said Perry.

As for real-life mixed doubles, newly engaged Nick Lachey of the band 98 Degrees and singer Jessica Simpson strolled out for the first time. When asked how many hearts they broke with their engagement news, Lachey joked: "I don't care how many she broke."

Newly married Shannon Elizabeth and Joe Reitman were also on hand, and actor Dennis Quaid arrived with Anne Poche, the new woman in his life. Quaid's baseball-themed The Rookie walked away with Best Sports Movie, while slugger Barry Bonds' record-breaking homer earned Best Moment.

Host Samuel L. Jackson's parodies of his Star Wars and Shaft roles had the audience rolling in the aisles, while David Spade made plans to party with Breakthrough Athlete and Super Bowl star Tom Brady

Lakers Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher proudly accepted Best Team honors. What else can Kobe accomplish? Is an acting career on the horizon? "No, I don't have an acting career. I can't act a lick, " said Bryant.

But there was one tennis ace who could be stealing the Hollywood limelight soon. Offers for TV and movie roles are being served up at a furious pace for just-crowned Wimbledon champ Serena Williams, who was looking pretty in purple and decked out, head-to-toe, in dazzling diamonds topped off by a 60-carat Harry Winston necklace. However, Serena admitted that Hollywood leaves her a little star-struck. "Here in Hollywood you run into a Benjamin Bratt, Julia Roberts, just anyone at any given moment."

Here's a complete list of the winners:

Best Male Athlete: Tiger Woods

Best Female Athlete: Venus Williams

Best Team: Los Angeles Lakers

Best Coach: Phil Jackson

Best Comeback Athlete: Jennifer Capriati

Best Breakthrough Athlete: Tom Brady

Best Game: Yankees-Diamondbacks World Series Game 7

Best Play: Derek Jeter shovel throw on errant relay in Game 3 of 2001 AL Divisional Series

Best Record-Breaking Performance: Tiger Woods winning a fourth straight Major

Best Sports Movie: The Rookie

Best Male College Athlete: Cael Sanderson

Best Female College Athlete: Sue Bird

Best U.S. Olympian: Sarah Hughes

Best Moment: Barry Bonds breaking Mark McGwire’s HR record

Best Action Sports Athlete: Kelly Clark

Best Major League Baseball Player: Barry Bonds

Best NBA Player: Shaquille O’Neal

Best WNBA Player: Lisa Leslie

Best Bowler: Pete Weber

Best Boxer: Lennox Lewis

Best Disabled Athlete: Erik Weihenmayer

Best Driver: Michael Schumacher

Best NFL Player: Marshall Faulk

Best Male Golfer: Tiger Woods

Best Female Golfer: Annika Sorenstam

Best NHL Player: Jarome Iginla

Best Jockey: Victor Espinoza

Best Outdoors Sports Athlete: Kevin VanDam

Best Male Soccer Player: Landon Donovan

Best Female Soccer Player: Tiffeny Milbrett

Best Male Tennis Player: Lleyton Hewitt

Best Female Tennis Player: Venus Williams

Best Male Track and Field Athlete: Maurice Greene

Best Female Track and Field Athlete: Marion Jones

Arthur Ashe Courage Award: Todd Beamer, Mark Bingham, Tom Burnett, Jeremy Glick

nander
Jul 12th, 2002, 08:05 PM
At the risk of beating a 'dead' horse to death. Can we urge Serena to do something about the 'hair' (notice I do not use 'her'). Can we urge her to be proud (or at least unashamed ), and show us her 'roots' ?

elektra 4 u
Jul 12th, 2002, 11:08 PM
Serena does look really well there but I agree about the hair thing. I always disliked the colour and I think the blonde looks a bit "whore-like". As people already said, her skin is just too dark to be blonde. Serena would even be prettier if she went back to her natural black colour again.

Althea
Jul 13th, 2002, 01:17 AM
*my opinion differs from some*:)
Go Serena!!Keep being YOURSELF and if the hair turns you on then go for it! It looks find with her complexion IMHO.

Serena very well knows her roots and as we have already know both her and Venus continue to give back to the community
They have not forgotten...

~Different Strokes... Different Folks~

If she starts bleaching/lightening her face then I will start worrying about if she is losing touch

Lovely Pictures Everyone:)

Amanda
Jul 13th, 2002, 01:34 AM
Everyone has the right to dress or look as they please.

Sam L
Jul 14th, 2002, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Althea
If she starts bleaching/lightening her face then I will start worrying about if she is losing touch

Right on Althea, I don't see what is wrong with Serena having different hair colours etc... I, too think the colour suits her really well. I mean Venus even used to have reddish tints in her hair.

About bleaching her face, grr, please don't remind me of Michael Jackson. That's a whole other story and Serena is NOT silly. LOL

King Aaron
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:03 AM
:o

Althea
Jul 14th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Great Sam L... thought I was the only one ;) Go 'Rena

Michael :rolleyes: oooooooooooooooooo Michael:rolleyes: :o

Rubylips
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:07 PM
ALTHEA ,YOU RIGHT.sERENA dress for SERENA .Lord she look better then some of the other ladies of tennis.Serena look beautiful at the ball to.There alway something,i guess that why Venus didn't attend.Their always going to knock a WILLIAMS.SERENA WAS THE BEST DRESS FEMALE AT ESPY.No doubt.In the Bronx were I live,they wear many colors.It's not pink,thank god.ITS just our SERENA .lOVE HER PIERCE belle.3 diamonds,that just Serena,to know serena is to love serena .