PDA

View Full Version : sCrEw Forest Hills: Alicia to SHINE in NYC!

Alizé Molik
Aug 25th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Ok so she sucked in FH, another opportunity lost but there's no use crying over terrible form :p: No points to defend and a pretty good draw means here is yet another chance for Alicia!

Alicia's draw at USO:

R1: [22]Srebotnik; consistant world number 24, nothing special really but if Alicia doesn't play well, she won't beat her.

R2: Muller or Kirilenko: We'd better hope that Kirilenko looses or gets injured because I can't see Molik beating her. She's 8-4 on US hardcourts this year with wins over Jankovic, Bartoli and Safarova.

R3: Possible match up with Hantuchova as number 9 seed.

though but anything is possible if she can pull it out of the bag.

Ben.
Aug 25th, 2007, 11:13 AM
We should focus on Lish's 1st round before we can get ahead of ourselves.

Well Alicia definitely has better weapons than srebotnik, but if they aren't working & she becomes inconsistent then she will lose. And i really hope that the hustle & bustle of NYC doesn't affect her play too much like it did last year.

I'm not expecting a lot from Lish. she should just really go out there & have fun on the court.

Alizé Molik
Aug 25th, 2007, 12:51 PM
haha I know but i like to let people know what is coming up in the next rounds should she win :p

as for Alicia's consistancy, let's just hope she gets her serve happening before the match.

Ben.
Aug 25th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Yes serve is the key. such a weapon, why doesn't she use to great effect more often :)

louloubelle
Aug 25th, 2007, 01:39 PM
I saw Srebotnik thrash Alicia last year at Wimbledon and judging by form we'll probably see the same. Katarina's has a very handy forehand and tho Alicia has the edge on serving ability her groundies aren't cutting it against anyone in the top 30 atm. Hopefully she can turn it around but her error count is just so high theses days and it seems she hasn't worked out a way yet to bring it down.

scottsue
Aug 25th, 2007, 01:56 PM
It is all so disappointing. If she wins a match these days it is a surprise rather than in the golden times when if she lost we got surprised! That bloody nestibular neuritis has a lot to answer for!

OZTENNIS
Aug 25th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Good luck Alicia, hopefully you can play similar to Wimbledon.

Hopefully Lish plays the weaker Asian WTA events to end the year, DOES NOT play any singles in Europe, and ends the year on a high at the WTA Year End Championships with Santangelo. Be good if she skipped Hopman Cup and played Gold Coast instead too.

scottsue
Aug 26th, 2007, 02:50 AM
I agree. Skip the Hopman Cup and play in the Gold Coast. I reckon she will play the Hopman Cup though.

Mr_Molik
Aug 26th, 2007, 02:57 AM
i give her about a 5% chance of beating srebotnik :(

Alizé Molik
Aug 26th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Good luck Alicia, hopefully you can play similar to Wimbledon.

Hopefully Lish plays the weaker Asian WTA events to end the year, DOES NOT play any singles in Europe, and ends the year on a high at the WTA Year End Championships with Santangelo. Be good if she skipped Hopman Cup and played Gold Coast instead too.

yeah we can dream.

azza
Aug 26th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Srebotnik will win 6-3 6-1

Ben.
Aug 29th, 2007, 09:58 PM
lish won her dubs match with mara :bounce:
great news & it eases the pain of her losing her singles.

Alizé Molik
Aug 30th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I watched her match and she was uninspiring - completely passive, just getting the ball back in and usually giving Kata enough time to run around and hit the forehand.

No form. Not enough matches played. Simple as that.

azza
Aug 31st, 2007, 11:35 AM
Srebotnik will win 6-3 6-1

6-2 6-2 i was close.

Alizé Molik
Aug 31st, 2007, 11:53 AM
haha I was going to give you props for that actually, I don't know how you do it...

aussiemolik
Aug 31st, 2007, 03:07 PM
lish won her dubs match with mara :bounce:
great news & it eases the pain of her losing her singles.

Yay!! I'm so happy for her!! :bounce:

Today she's playing both women and mixed doubles which she's playing with Mike Bryan!!

Go Alicia!!! :woohoo:

aussiemolik
Sep 1st, 2007, 12:34 AM
Two winnings today!! :bounce: :clap2: :woohoo:

Alicia/Mara def Marta Marrero/Selima Sfar 6-3 6-1

Alicia/Mike Bryan def Meilen Tu/Fabrice Santoro 6-3 7-6

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Sep 1st, 2007, 12:47 AM
Well done Lish!

Ben.
Sep 1st, 2007, 12:48 AM
Nice work Lish :yeah:

azza
Sep 2nd, 2007, 02:23 AM
Yay shes winning

Mr.Kardashian
Sep 2nd, 2007, 11:22 AM
congrats alicia! keep on winning!

Milito22
Sep 2nd, 2007, 02:33 PM
good luck alicia! :kiss:

aussiemolik
Sep 2nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Alicia/Mara lost to Szavay/Uhlirova 7-5 6-4 :awww: :sad:

Fingers crossed for Alicia/Mike match tonight!!

aussiemolik
Sep 3rd, 2007, 12:59 AM
Nope, no luck today. :sad:

Harkleroad/Gimelstob def Molik/Bryan 6-3 6-4

Chrisi
Sep 4th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Sad :sad:

Mr.Kardashian
Sep 5th, 2007, 09:06 AM
bad luck alicia...................

DomenicDemaria
Sep 6th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Did anyone else read that depressing article in the paper about Alicia after her loss to Srebotnik. Alicia said that she has completely lost confidence and doesnt know what to do with the ball in singles :sad:

Alicia Rocks
Sep 6th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Yes :bigcry:

Ben.
Sep 7th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Poor Lish :sad: I really do hope that she finds her confidence back soon.

aussiemolik
Sep 7th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Did anyone else read that depressing article in the paper about Alicia after her loss to Srebotnik. Alicia said that she has completely lost confidence and doesnt know what to do with the ball in singles :sad:

I haven't seen this article. Can you please give me the link? :confused:

Alizé Molik
Sep 8th, 2007, 05:50 AM
I didn't see the article either but it was obvious by the way she was playing, it was like she was in a daze, just putting the ball back in it was woeful.

Mr.Kardashian
Sep 8th, 2007, 08:56 AM
poor alicia.... HOPEFULLY indoor season coming up will enable her to gain some much needed confidence and motivation to train hard for the aussie circuit in january.... keep going alicia I LOVE YOU

Alicia Rocks
Sep 8th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Next two events are Guangzhou and Tokyo

miss_molik
Sep 10th, 2007, 11:42 AM
:sad: alicia. Come on, keep trying. We know you can do it, WE believe in you!

Chrisi
Sep 10th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I guess she thought it would be easier to come back :rolleyes:

Jenny.C.Fan
Sep 11th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Come on Alicia, we believe you can get back to your best form, keep at it :)