PDA

View Full Version : SERENA TO BE NUMBER 1 AT LEAST UNTIL AFTER US OPEN

supremeross
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Serena has such a comfortable lead over her sister Venus and Jennifer Cap., that she'll remain number 1, until at least after the US OPEN. Even if Serena did not defend any of her points from last summer she'll remain number 1 until after the US OPEN.

Currently Serena has 5,742 points with 485 points to defend leading to the US OPEN (423 Toronto + 62 Los Angeles). Venus does not have enough room to pick up enough points to overtake her sister and Capriati is too far behind to catch up to Serena. So even if Serena were to skip the Los Angeles and Canadian tournaments she'll be the number 1 player going into the US Open. She could remain number 1 with only 10 tournaments on the books.:) How awesome is that??!!

Keep up the good work Serena!!! :bounce:

RYNJ
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:39 PM
YEAH!! PLUS, SHE CAN gain some during the indoor season!!! AND the start of the 2003 season!!! REMEMBER she missed aussie open last year!!

victory1
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:39 PM
I hope Serena play 2 extra tournaments this year to put the #1 spot out of reach! Venus also need to play 2 extra Tier I tournaments to put the #2 spot out of reach!

RYNJ
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Next year I won't be surprised if Venus plays the tournaments Serena played this year. BEcause Serena basically played all the tier I tournies.

RAA
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Yes, serena definitely played the Tier 1s this year so that really helped her.
It'll be nice to see her hold on to the #1 spot for a while.

hantuchova_rulez
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Serena is looking too good at the moment. I don't think that no.1 spot is under that much of a threat right now!

CanIGetAWhat
Jul 11th, 2002, 11:18 PM
if Venus and Serena performs exceptionally well in the fall, ending the year with around 6,000+ points isn't out of the question. keep on winning titles and distancing yourselves from the No. 3 ranking :angel: :D

I really hope Venus plays Zurich and Moscow. she's missing out on those huge tier 1 points.