PDA

View Full Version : I forgot how much I loved Dementieva's forehand

brent-o
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Just watching the Dementieva/Kuznetsova match right now and I haven't seen Dementieva play in a long time (used to be a big fan but kind of lost faith for a while). Some of those forehand shots she blisters up the line, it's just amazing. When she was at her peak (and she is having her moments in this match), her inside-out forehand is HEAVY.

sfselesfan
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks, I didn't realize the match was on until I read that. This will be a great groundstroke battle. Dementieva does have a fantastic forehand.

SF

AJZ.
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:44 PM
livestream?:p

stickwitju(ju)
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Mary who? Lindsay what?

ELENA :banana:

brent-o
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:50 PM

Nope, ESPN2?

stickwitju(ju)
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:53 PM

http://www.channelsurfing.net

:banana:

brent-o
Aug 25th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Btw, Sveta's forehand isn't too shabby either lol

Pasta-Na
Aug 25th, 2007, 03:44 AM
how about her serve? :p

kinglear
Aug 25th, 2007, 04:58 AM
Yes!!! I noticed that forehand down the line that Lena used to great effect. I also noticed that Lena is employing the same tactics she used to reach the 2004 US Open final: she's hitting the forehand super flat to the deuce corner and then moving in to net and volleying to the open space on the add court. I haven't seen that combination from her for the longest. And her serve actually has pace and it looks like she's not slicing it all the time. I pray that she continues this form. It seems too good to be true, but if her serve stays hot, I honestly think she can take out anyone. If she can just wear out her opponents with the rallies, I'm very confident in her chances. She has to win 7 matches in a row to get that trophy...are my standards too high? haha :angel: