PDA

View Full Version : How and Why the Stacked Top side of the Draw will probably fall apart....

Tennisstar86
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Lets look at the Contenders...

Justine Henin: Has only made it passed the 4th round Twice.... Her Us Open Credentials are shocking..This is def her worse Grand slam tourny (Maybe Austrailia tying with it) F, 4r, 4r, W, 4r, 4r, 1rst..
Probably Wont even make that Quaterfinal battle with Serena...
Serena Williams: What kind of condition is she in? is the thumb fine? Shes not playing Hantchova (that poor thing) So if her thumb is really in bad shape she might not make that quarter either (I think the thumb is fine and she probably will make it to the quarters:
That Being said.... We've already had the clash of Serena vs. Justine twice... usually these predetemined match up falter And 3 times in one year would be shocking. I think ` of them will lose before they get there...
Jelena Jankovic... Plays too much Tennis... she has had a few weeks off now though, but will she have already worn herself out for the year? Shes only made it past the 4th round Twice....And shes got Dementieva who can sometimes pull together big runs especially at the open. So if Dementieva is in that Quarter does that make it lighter than Jankovic? I think so...

Ivanovic vs. Venus 4th round.... This could very well be the only anticipated match that transpires as Venus has never lost before the 4th round and has a remarkable record at the open at the best of anyone entering the draw... And Ivanovic who has the second most top ten wins of the year...Plus they're meeting so early. that i expect both to get to the 4th round.... That being said is the winner of this match almost guranteed to make it to the final? with the records/ question marks of the rest of the top players?

vw.
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Lets look at the Contenders...

Justine Henin: Has only made it passed the 4th round Twice.... Her Us Open Credentials are shocking..This is def her worse Grand slam tourny (Maybe Austrailia tying with it) F, 4r, 4r, W, 4r, 4r, 1rst..
Probably Wont even make that Quaterfinal battle with Serena...

Are you joking? She has 3 qualifiers and/or Sugiyama for Rounds 1-3, and Safina in the R16. With all due respect, she is not losing before the Quarters.

Serena Williams: What kind of condition is she in? is the thumb fine? Shes not playing Hantchova (that poor thing) So if her thumb is really in bad shape she might not make that quarter either (I think the thumb is fine and she probably will make it to the quarters:
That Being said.... We've already had the clash of Serena vs. Justine twice... usually these predetemined match up falter And 3 times in one year would be shocking. I think ` of them will lose before they get there...

She has Zvonareva (who's playing her first tourney in FOREVER) and Bartoli in her section. Bartoli may be tough, but it's hard seeing her losing against Bartoli. But the injury does make her status more intriguing.

Jelena Jankovic... Plays too much Tennis... she has had a few weeks off now though, but will she have already worn herself out for the year? Shes only made it past the 4th round Twice....And shes got Dementieva who can sometimes pull together big runs especially at the open. So if Dementieva is in that Quarter does that make it lighter than Jankovic? I think so...

Jankovic owns Dementieva in Grand Slam play. Jankovic is also playing very well, and will make the QF no biggie.

Tennisstar86
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Are you joking? She has 3 qualifiers and/or Sugiyama for Rounds 1-3, and Safina in the R16. With all due respect, she is not losing before the Quarters.

She has Zvonareva (who's playing her first tourney in FOREVER) and Bartoli in her section. Bartoli may be tough, but it's hard seeing her losing against Bartoli. But the injury does make her status more intriguing.

Jankovic owns Dementieva in Grand Slam play. Jankovic is also playing very well, and will make the QF no biggie.

By owns you mean shes got 2 GS wins... but there head to head is 3-2 Jankovic.... She also "owned" Bartoli before Wimbledon and we saw how that worked out for her.....

Noone expected Justine to lose to Bartoli at Wimbledon either. It happened. didnt Justine lose to a qualifier at the french in the 2nd round not to long ago? if it can happen on her best surface why not her worst?

Matt01
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Noone expected Justine to lose to Bartoli at Wimbledon either. It happened. didnt Justine lose to a qualifier at the french in the 2nd round not to long ago? if it can happen on her best surface why not her worst?

Because her supposed "worst" surface is still a better surface for her than the best surface is for 95% of all other players in the draw :wavey:

Of course Justine, like anyone else, could lose early (tennis is unpredictable, some people seem not know that, though). But chances for that are very low IMO.

Justine lost in the 2R at RG in 2004. She was ill.

Bruno71
Aug 24th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Considering Ivanovic recently lost to a qualifier in Toronto, you could come up with reasons she might falter before the quarters, too. Everyone has had vulnerable moments in their careers for various reasons.

Slutiana
Aug 24th, 2007, 11:43 PM

No she has Golovin in R16 who obviously excelles on this stuff. Put that together with the fact that justine doesnt like it, you can't say the match is over before it's even started.

sfselesfan
Aug 24th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Considering Ivanovic recently lost to a qualifier in Toronto, you could come up with reasons she might falter before the quarters, too. Everyone has had vulnerable moments in their careers for various reasons.

I can think of a 6 foot, 130 mph serving reason in her own line of sportsear. :lol:

SF

Bruno71
Aug 24th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I can think of a 6 foot, 130 mph serving reason in her own line of sportsear. :lol:

SF

Brenda Schultz? J/K.

Actually I meant to say 4th round, because that's where she's meant to meet Venus. That just seems like it should be more of a quarterfinal, but not in this draw.