PDA

View Full Version : US Open: Which of these highly anticipated match-ups will actually take place?

GoDominique
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Vote!

LudwigDvorak
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Pre-QF I mostly just want to see Williams/Ivanovic and Dementieva/Jankovic. Well, Petrova/Hantuchova too.

Leo_DFP
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I really wnat to see Dementieva/Jankovic and Venus/Ivanovic as well, with the winners facing off for the right to play winner of Henin/Serena.

Sharapova got an easy draw here and unless Vaidisova can somehow stop her, she will be in the final against one of the better players from the top half. Talk about a top-heavy draw! It couldn't be more so. I have no idea who will come out of the weak ass Kuznetsova/Petrova quarter.

Mikey B
Aug 24th, 2007, 06:06 PM
i voted all!! they all seem like they could be great matches, and seem pretty likely considering the draw... only match from that selection that is at risk of not happening is the kuzzy and hingis match... kuznetsova should make the 4th round at least, but its if hingis can last that long after a pretty disapointing year...

DA FOREHAND
Aug 24th, 2007, 06:13 PM
henin Williams

faboozadoo15
Aug 24th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I voted for all the options... for these reasons.

I think Sharapova will win her half.
I can't imagine Venus or Ana losing before the 4th round.
I expect Jankovic to get past Dementieva, but the upset could be looming. If Dementieva wins in New Haven (looking damn good against Sveta today) I may pick her over Jelena.

OH crap-- meant to pick Szavay over Kuznetsova. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Kuz/Hing in round of 16. Hingis has the best draw she could have ever made. Kuz will have a tussle with Szavay though, I'm expecting.

jonny84
Aug 24th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Fourth round match should happen between Ivanovic and Venus.

I cant see anyone stopping a Serena vs Henin quarter final either.

Jelena also should be safe til her quarter final where she will meet Ana/Venus.

Others arent really a gurantee.

Bruno71
Aug 24th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Jelena also should be safe til her quarter final where she will meet Ana/Venus.

No way is a 4th round match against Lena a "safe" proposition. I do think JJ will make the quarters, but it's far from a given.

Meghanns Journey
Aug 25th, 2007, 10:53 AM
"will actually take place"

Okay then my vote goes to Justine v. Serena.

Slutiana
Aug 25th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Pre QF i want to see:

Venus vs Ivanovic
Dementieva vs Jankovic
Kuznetsova vs Hingis
Petrova vs Hantuchova
Vaidisova vs Sharapova
Henin vs Golovin

ivanban
Aug 25th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Oh, so many fantastic matches looming in the air. I can't wait for Monday and start of USO :bounce:
Serena - Justine and Jankovic - Vee/Ana should be awesome

Thanx4nothin
Aug 25th, 2007, 03:38 PM
All of the above most likely.

Renalicious
Aug 25th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Yes, No, yes, yes no.