PDA

View Full Version : Which Qualifier Spot Is The Best Draw In USO 2007?

pierce0415
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:36 PM
1 v Henin :help:
2 v Poutchkova, 2R v Henin
3 v Schruff, 2R v Sugiyama
4 v Sugiyama, 2R v Schruff or Q
5 v Errani, 2R v Bartoli
6 v Zvonareva, 2R v Likhotseva

7 v Stosur, 2R v Wozniacki
8 v Craybas, 2R v Dementieva
9 v V Williams :help:
10 v Bychkova, 2R v Santangelo
11 v Rezai, 2R v Ivanovic

12 v Szavay, 2R v Krajicek
13 v Malek, 2R v Hingis
14 v Azarenka, 2R v Garbin or Cibulkova
15 v Pin, 2R v Kuznetsova

16 v Granville, 2R v Mirza

If any of the Chinese girls qualify for MD, I will be praying that they draw the spots versus Schruff, Sugiyama, Errani, Stosur, Zvonareva, Bychkova, Malek :ignore: ... reasonable chance of winning 2 rounds :dance:

obviously worst draws are Henin and V Williams 1R but at least they will get the experience of playing on Arthur Ashe Stadium

cellophane
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:37 PM
If Zi drew Venus :drool:

darkangel23
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Schruff and Poutchkova (because of her slump) and maybe Pin too ;)

-sugi-
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Errani and Poutchkova

Poova
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:41 PM
I would probably say the Zvonareva-Likhovtseva one. I love Vera but she's just coming back from a very long layoff so I have no idea how she's going to do, and Likhovtseva is not in great form. So if any qualifier was going to make 3R I would say they would come from there. (or maybe the Schruff/Sugiyama one if Ai is playing badly)

pierce0415
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:42 PM
If Zi drew Venus :drool:

Plz God NOOOOOO :speakles:
the only good thing about that would be I would get to see the match on TV :p

In The Zone
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:45 PM
The Zvonareva-Likhovtseva spot is clearly the best. Zvonareva will most likely withdraw. I saw her at Forest Hills, she was with the Russian camp, and she was practicing and blatantly avoiding her left wrist -- hitting no backhands. If she does play, I am sure she will be bounced. And Elena was pushed by Audra Cohen, ranked lower than 500 in the world, to 3 sets before she got injured. This is the spot to get.

patch.
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I would say 3 5 6 and 10 :shrug:

cellophane
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Plz God NOOOOOO :speakles:
the only good thing about that would be I would get to see the match on TV :p

Well, if Zi plays well... :devil: Plus, it would be one of the most interesting 1st round match-ups in Slams lately. :drool:

stickwitju(ju)
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:16 PM
v Schruff. Julia ist "vorbei". :angel:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Well, if Zi plays well... :devil: Plus, it would be one of the most interesting 1st round match-ups in Slams lately. :drool:

You are definitely a Zi's fan now :lol: :bounce:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
The best, for me:

1. Errani (2r v Bartoli)

2. Craybas (2r v Dementieva)

3. Granville (2r v Mirza)

4. Bychkova (2r v Santangelo)

5. Azarenka (2r v Garbin or Cibulkova)

Hope Zi draws one of them :)

Petkorazzi
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I wouldnt have written here, but Chakhnashvili qualified for 3rd round so maybe she'll qualify :devil:

vs Schruff ( lost 26 06 :spit: but still) errani(Lost 26 26) and poutchkova, she has a bad h2h against all, but I think she's really improved after that and can do some damage

Petkorazzi
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:24 PM
The best, for me:

1. Errani (2r v Bartoli)

2. Craybas (2r v Dementieva)

3. Granville (2r v Mirza)

4. Bychkova (2r v Santangelo)

5. Azarenka (2r v Garbin or Cibulkova)

Hope Zi draws one of them :)

Azarenka is good? :spit:

ce
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM

Tennisstar86
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:31 PM

she probably wont play well. night time under the lights us open against venus williams on the main court....talk about pressure....

vw.
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:31 PM

Lol, I agree, if Zi can play like she did against Ivanovic in Toronto, the match could become quite interesting.

She won't win though. ;)

cellophane
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:32 PM
she probably wont play well. night time under the lights us open against venus williams on the main court....talk about pressure....

She wasn't nervous when she played Justine. I don't expect her to be nervous if she plays her or Venus again.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Azarenka is good? :spit:

Definitely much better than Justine and Venus :lol:

I put it like "5th". I also saw the 2nd round opponent ;)

cellophane
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Lol, I agree, if Zi can play like she did against Ivanovic in Toronto, the match could become quite interesting.

She won't win though. ;)

You never know. :angel:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:36 PM
She wasn't nervous when she played Justine. I don't expect her to be nervous if she plays her or Venus again.

Now that you have seen her matches against Ivanovic and Bartoli, you know what tennis she has. I think she could beat Venus, yep. She has the tennis to beat a lot of players if she is on. Consistant players like Jankovic or Henin I think would be the worst for her. Venus can give so many free points with her serve. She is serving tons of DFs lately. And a lot of times she has a lot of UEs. She won Wimbledon, but remember she was really close to lose in her first match against Alla, and then, in the 4th with Morigami. I will prefer Venus instead of Henin definitely.

Slumpsova
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:38 PM
1R Zvonareva/2R Likhhovtseva is such a free ticket :o

cellophane
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Now that you have seen her matches against Ivanovic and Bartoli, you know what tennis she has. I think she could beat Venus, yep.

I don't care who she plays... as long as she plays well... although Justine would obviously be tougher for her.

Did you ever get to see her match against Marion?

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I don't care who she plays... as long as she plays well... although Justine would obviously be tougher for her.

Did you ever get to see her match against Marion?

I saw her match against Ana in youtube. Only found last games against Bartoli, not the first set

cellophane
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I saw her match against Ana in youtube. Only found last games against Bartoli, not the first set

I've sent the tape with the Bartoli (and the Ana) match(es) to MARYANGEL, so she'll upload it when she gets it. :)

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I've sent the tape with the Bartoli match to MARYANGEL, so she'll upload it when she gets it. :)

Really thank u very much :D :worship: :bounce:

cellophane
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Really thank u very much :D :worship: :bounce:

Anytime. :wavey: :)

Darop.
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:47 PM
3, 13, 10 as well.

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:51 PM
The Zvonareva-Likhovtseva spot is clearly the best. Zvonareva will most likely withdraw. I saw her at Forest Hills, she was with the Russian camp, and she was practicing and blatantly avoiding her left wrist -- hitting no backhands. If she does play, I am sure she will be bounced. And Elena was pushed by Audra Cohen, ranked lower than 500 in the world, to 3 sets before she got injured. This is the spot to get.

I like Vera and Elena alot but sad to say I completely agree with you. :sad:

njnetswill
Aug 24th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Vs Bychkova.