PDA

View Full Version : Martina Hingis still entered for San Diego

babsi
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:34 PM
I mainly phoned up about if Babsi was going to play or not but they have confimed that Hingis is still entered and has not pulled out.

RockSteady
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:38 PM
:D

But that is one tough field she's in!

:sad:

That's OK, because Hingis can take them all on at once!

:wavey:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:44 PM
She will be entered until about a week or so before the event starts. She's not gonna withdraw just yet.

there's still 4 weeks to go.

babsi
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Yes, but they said she hasn't pulled out so she can still play that is what I am saying.

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:48 PM
i know :) :wavey:
but at this moment i very much doubt it

Kart
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:04 PM
With all the publicity over the severity of her injury, surely she's not going to play San Diego - if she does I'll be quite thrilled but also surprised :eek:.

anabel
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:54 PM
i hope she can play it.

rated_next
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:58 PM
do you think she'll play in montreal?

anabel
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:59 PM
She always plays there, so if she is healthy, why would she miss it this year?

babsi
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:00 PM
I really think it is very unclear when she will come back.

Some things I have read say San Diego and some say the beginning of the Australian season next year.

I think it will become very clear what is going on nearer San Diego time.

Nimi
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:01 PM
this year shes not healthy

anabel
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:19 PM
I meant if she is healthy at that time, she would play it.

Dirty Sanchez
Jul 11th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Does anyone know how close Martina is to being 100% yet????

selesfan
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:01 PM
I thought she started training already. :confused:

RAA
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure, but I got the feeling that Hingis was at least about 6 weeks behind Lindsay in her rehab. I thought I read that Hingis was just back to getting some time on the tennis court, but nothing too strenuous. It also seemed like Hingis was spending a lot of time following around Sergio Garcia, so I'm not sure what type of rehab she would have been doing during that time. (I don't know if taking golf lessons qualifies as rehab.) Given this, I think it is very doubtful to see her at San Diego.
BUT, I'm sure a Hingis fan can fill us in on where she is exactly in her rehab.

Ryan
Jul 11th, 2002, 09:53 PM
I'm a Hingis fan, but still don't know much about her rehab. I thought this was only supposed to keep her out at max 3 monthes? I'm almost positive she'll be back by the Open, and if she's well enough she'll play San Diego and Montreal.

Raj
Jul 11th, 2002, 11:39 PM
NO word of HINGIS even picking up a racket yet.
I don't think martina wants to hurry things and will take it easy.
Personally reading interviews and stuff i do not think she will be back by the US open. Probably right after it.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:00 AM
Martina is really needed back into competition.
If Lindsay is back, she should be back, for they head and shoulders above the rest!!!!!!!!

GO LINDSAY
GO MARTINA

Infiniti2001
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:07 AM
Martina is really needed back into competition.
If Lindsay is back, she should be back, for they head and shoulders above the rest!!!!!!!!

From your signature, I take it that Monica, Kim and Jelena are included in the rest LOLOLOL

Ryan
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:09 AM
She was supposed to be out for a total of 8 weeks. Or 2 monthes. After 3 weeks she could do lwater-training and use lgiht weights. After the full two monthes she can start practising on court. When was her surgery, May 7th?

martinafan
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:00 AM
I honestly am not expecting her back for San Diego.

The earliest I'm expecting her is for the Canadian Open, but I wouldn't be suprised if she doesn't miss the hardcourt season and just come back after the us open for the indoor events.

I don't care when she comes back, aslong as she is 150% when she does!

heidi2
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:23 AM
I'm a Hingis fan, but still don't know much about her rehab. I thought this was only supposed to keep her out at max 3 monthes? I'm almost positive she'll be back by the Open, and if she's well enough she'll play San Diego and Montreal.

Well said Ryan 15, I agree !

I'm a BIG MARTI FAN ! I will support Marti when fit and healthy, playing again !:hearts: :lick:

Vincent
Jul 12th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Health is the most important part, take care, Martina......

treufreund
Jul 12th, 2002, 05:40 PM
I hope three months is enough. there was a lot wrong and a lot of inflammation. Whenever she comes back cannot be too soon as long as she is 100% healthy.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 12th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Infiniti2001

From your signature, I take it that Monica, Kim and Jelena are included in the rest LOLOLOL

OPPSSSS I hit a nerve again!!!!

For your info, Martina is not my fave but I'm willing to accept that she is way better than Monica,jelena and Kim which are my fave.

I love Martina-lindsay rivalry and i respect Martina's ability to compete with my fave Lindsay.

GROW UP!!! infinitti

Infiniti2001
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:13 PM
GROW UP!!! infinitti

Go back and read everything you've posted on this board from day 1, then tell me who needs to grow up... LMFAO

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 12th, 2002, 06:44 PM
We dont have to go back. Present status is enough to measure who needs to grow up.