PDA

View Full Version : left ankle injury so bad for Francesca Schiavone

Michael Pemulis
Aug 24th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Healthy, she could have made some noise in Pova's quarter of the draw!!!
Does anyone know how serious is that injury?

ste86
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Any news? Fran will play us open?

AlexBarrington
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:14 AM
mygosh..hope will recover soon. :sad:

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I'm sorry I don't feel that bad for Schiavone.
At some point there has to be some blame put on the players for their schedule which can bring injuries into play.

I just feel this wouldn't have happened if she played Forest Hills.

AlexBarrington
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:21 AM
At some point there has to be some blame put on the players for their schedule which can bring injuries into play.

and why she should have played Forest Hill ? :confused:

tobe
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:25 AM
yeah? playing FH means that she wouldn t be injured?? eh????
Aynway, hope she ll be fine for next week

stefi62
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I hope so too! Come on Schiavo, we need you fit in Moscow!

Wannabeknowitall
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:32 AM
and why she should have played Forest Hill ? :confused:

To be honest, she's not that good of a hard court player.

I think Dulko understands that and instead of taking on a tough task of playing a Tier II where injuries have happened before even to the best hard court players, she's playing a relaxed game at Forest Hills.

When you have a lot of spin like Schynder, Dulko, and Schiavone has, the right way to go about playing hard courts is to play tournaments like Auckland and Cincy until you feel a certain comfortability on the hard courts.

Schynder had definately gotten to that point where she's a good hard court player.

Schiavone still isn't there.

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:43 AM

players who could get into New Haven are not allowed to play in Forest Hills :wavey:

Michael Pemulis
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Schynder had definately gotten to that point where she's a good hard court player.

Schiavone def. Schnyder 7-6 2-6 6-4 not more than five days ago. :worship:

Matt01
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:52 AM

Some people are so :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

FORZA SARITA
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:59 AM

I think Dulko understands that and instead of taking on a tough task of playing a Tier II where injuries have happened before even to the best hard court players, she's playing a relaxed game at Forest Hills.

When you have a lot of spin like Schynder, Dulko, and Schiavone has, the right way to go about playing hard courts is to play tournaments like Auckland and Cincy until you feel a certain comfortability on the hard courts.

sorry if Schiavone has finals in Sydney,Bali,Moscow,Tashkent,Luxembourg and ect. :lol:

ste86
Aug 24th, 2007, 10:39 AM
And QF at US OPEN! But her ankle is ok or not?

Shvedbarilescu
Aug 24th, 2007, 11:02 AM

So what do you suggest? Maybe, to avoid being injured, players should just stop playing tennis altogether, except for Grand Slams and Miami. Oh wait, Serena Williams does just that and alot of good it seems to be doing her. :rolleyes:

One of the dumbest and most insensitive posts I have read on this board.

Darop.
Aug 24th, 2007, 11:32 AM

Apart from the fact that, as Eggy said, she couldn't have played Forest Hills even if she had wanted to, I'm not saying this as a Schiavone fan, but as a tennis fan:

How is all that in any way relevant to Fran's injury? :shrug:

DevilishAttitude
Aug 24th, 2007, 11:32 AM

Considering you were saying her scheudle was excellent last week, you can't suddenly say it's crap :rolleyes:

Dulko is not in the same level as Fran and never has been. She's playing Forest Hills cos she'd probably lose in the 1st Round of New Haven, which is something Fran wouldn't, and didn't happen to her.

Considering Fran as only made the SF's on better 5 times over her career on outdoor hard courts Tier 2 or above, I'd say she was a pretty good hardcourter, and her results in the US Open have always been good.

Lets just stop now. :)

Fran! :bigcry:

Slumpsova
Aug 24th, 2007, 11:40 AM
isn't it a precaution? :confused:

tennistuff
Aug 24th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Healthy, she could have made some noise in Pova's quarter of the draw!!!
Does anyone know how serious is that injury?
:(

Michael Pemulis
Aug 24th, 2007, 12:02 PM
So what do you suggest? Maybe, to avoid being injured, players should just stop playing tennis altogether, except for Grand Slams and Miami. Oh wait, Serena Williams does just that and alot of good it seems to be doing her. :rolleyes:

One of the dumbest and most insensitive posts I have read on this board.

Someone (Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction) said: "My name's Pitt, and you ain't takin' your ass outta this shit".
Of course, It's only funny a quote. Everyone everywhere is free to say what he wants.
But the point is...how serious is the Schiavone's injury. Mind if I try to get back to it?

Michael Pemulis
Aug 24th, 2007, 12:04 PM
isn't it a precaution? :confused:

I hope so

TaxPower
Aug 24th, 2007, 07:02 PM
fran, I want you in a good shape in Moscow!!!!!!

sweetpeas
Aug 24th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Wish you the best,Francesca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Take care:wavey:

goldenlox
Aug 24th, 2007, 07:17 PM
She has about 4 days, if she's not better then she has 2 more weeks to rest before the Fed Cup final.

Natalicious
Aug 24th, 2007, 07:27 PM
i hope she's ok for us open/fed cup

ste86
Aug 26th, 2007, 08:07 AM
News about fran injury? Is She in main draw or she pull out?

ste86
Aug 27th, 2007, 02:57 PM
She will play doubles with Knapp!
I think and I hope her injury isn't so bad!:unsure:

~Eclipsed~
Aug 27th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I think she is scheduled to play tomorrow or has she pulled out?