PDA

View Full Version : Will Marina Erakovic be the first kiwi to qualify in over a decade?

kittyking
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Marina Erakovic won todays qualifying round two match 6-4 6-4 :eek:

Last time she was here in 05 she lost in the third round

Will Marina beat Gagliardi to qualify for her first grand slam?

selyoink
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:42 AM
I doubt it.

Mana
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:50 AM
I think so. Shes got too much game to keep going on like she is at the moment. After the Open, its WTA events for her for a month or so. Top 100 be the end of this year, mark my words.

kittyking
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Marina Erakovic had been in awful form, before recently reaching the final of two consecutive 25k events.

I really hope that Marina Erakovic wins tomorrow, In the past few months I've said alot of bad things about her decision of bad form which all started when she refused to represent New Zealand in Fed Cup (despite Fed Cup being played in my hometown in Christchurch, and being the number One kiwi player).
I would forgive her if she qualified tomorrow :)

kittyking
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:58 AM
I doubt it.

Oi hun dont be so mean :sad:

Mana
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:09 AM
Marina Erakovic had been in awful form, before recently reaching the final of two consecutive 25k events.

I really hope that Marina Erakovic wins tomorrow, In the past few months I've said alot of bad things about her decision of bad form which all started when she refused to represent New Zealand in Fed Cup (despite Fed Cup being played in my hometown in Christchurch, and being the number One kiwi player).
I would forgive her if she qualified tomorrow :)

Yeah, her schedule has been very bad, results wise. But shes loves playing on clay because its so good for her game. Even if it means poor results for half of the year. But shes finally finished with the clay and will be on the hard courts and carpet for the rest of the year. Now we will see the benefits of her clay court travels.

switz
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:26 AM
hopefully Manu's experience gets her through. would be nice to see a kiwi in a GS maindraw. they are so bad at tennis. nice mountains though :)

kittyking
Aug 24th, 2007, 06:29 AM
hopefully Manu's experience gets her through. would be nice to see a kiwi in a GS maindraw. they are so bad at tennis. nice mountains though :)

Well Marina Erakovic, Sacha Jones and Ellen Barry were outstanding juniors - also we have a number of great 12-13 year olds who will most likely turn into top 100 juniors as well, but thats 5 or 6 years away :sad:

rada
Aug 24th, 2007, 08:20 AM
i hope so :)

kittyking
Aug 24th, 2007, 08:40 AM
i hope so :)

Thankies :kiss:

Dani12
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Definitely. She has too much game for Gagliardi! I hope she gets a good draw and wins around :)

mankind
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Hopefully.

propi
Aug 24th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Was Pavlina Nola last Kiwi in a Grand Slam main draw?? :)
I remember I liked her game, saw her being demolished by Arantxa, though :o

Josh.
Aug 24th, 2007, 10:13 AM
i hope she does, NZ tennis needs it

darice
Aug 24th, 2007, 10:57 AM
i hope so but to be honest i voted no just based on her form right now. i saw her play last year and she has tons of potential but i don't think she's there yet. :)

kittyking
Aug 24th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Was Pavlina Nola last Kiwi in a Grand Slam main draw?? :)
I remember I liked her game, saw her being demolished by Arantxa, though :o

She was indeed, although she never qualified as a Kiwi (she only immigrated here very late into her career). From memory I think she got a LL spot, and then got hammered 1 and 0

kittyking
Aug 24th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Definitely. She has too much game for Gagliardi! I hope she gets a good draw and wins around :)

Although Marinas biggest weapon is her brain, but as Gagliardi's been around since a New Zealander last qualified shes bounds to use her brains alot too. It should be a very interesting match, if anyones going to the qualies today they should definately see this match

Hopefully.

:)

i hope she does, NZ tennis needs it

We also have Sacha Jones dont forget :p But yes if she qualifies it will be BIG here.

i hope so but to be honest i voted no just based on her form right now. i saw her play last year and she has tons of potential but i don't think she's there yet. :)

Her form right now is making two finals, then being rushed to the hospital with alittle pain in her bottom :tape: Not too bad, but definately alittle grotty

kittyking
Aug 24th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Just realised her match isnt on the Schedule of play for tomorrow

-sugi-
Aug 24th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I hope so, I quite like Marina, I recently realised.

Good luck :)

kittyking
Aug 24th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Eagerly waiting for tomorrows Schedule of Play

Erika_Angel
Aug 25th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Gagliardi won 76(5) 63 according to the USOpen website.