PDA

View Full Version : USO Q2R:China's Best Young Hope Zhang Confronts Germany's Best Young Hope [32]Goerges

pierce0415
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:01 AM
what an exciting 2nd round matchup :hearts:

we have China's best teenage prospect ready to clash with Germany's best teenage prospect ;) is this a preview of future GS QF or SF :confused: :eek:

both girls are under 20 years old and are having the best year of their careers on tour right now ... both have had great results on the Challenger circuit but this is a chance to shine on the big stage :cool:

I am a little scared for Shuai because Goerges is apparently a big girl ... is her game like Ivanovic? I hope she does not overpower :angel:

I think Shuai will win in 2 tight sets :woohoo:

Pasta-Na
Aug 24th, 2007, 06:56 AM
zhang in 2 :D

~Carsten~
Aug 24th, 2007, 07:29 AM
I hope Goerges will crush her :wavey: :)

Petkorazzi
Aug 24th, 2007, 07:42 AM
People vote for Zhang :spit: If Julia plays half of how she played at stockholm, straight sets victrory is near

.:sk:.
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Julia in 2 :D

Highlandman
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Goerges will win like 6-4,6-2 , but who says it is our best young hope? :confused: She is ONE of them.

The Kaz
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:50 AM
The Goerges one will win :drool:

6-3 0-6 6-1 :devil:

Viktymise
Aug 24th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Julia easily

AlexBarrington
Aug 24th, 2007, 10:02 AM
i think Goerges in 3

ps: pierce don't open thread like "who will win between china n.1 peng and her nightmare n.1 pennetta" cuz we all know in this period flavia is out of form and will loose easily ;)

Dexter
Aug 24th, 2007, 10:03 AM
I hope Goerges will crush her :wavey: :)M2.

If Julia manages to get more than half of her crushing FHs & BHs in this will not be pretty for Chinese brighest prospect. :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 24th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Julia will rip that FH and crush her

-sugi-
Aug 24th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Julia will kick her ass :yeah:
Zhang is no way in the same league as Julia :shrug:

pierce0415
Aug 24th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Julia will kick her ass :yeah:
Zhang is no way in the same league as Julia :shrug:

Julia will rip that FH and crush her

M2.

If Julia manages to get more than half of her crushing FHs & BHs in this will not be pretty for Chinese brighest prospect. :lol:

Julia easily

Shuai not in the same league as Julia :spit:
I guess that is why they are ranked 5 spots apart :rolleyes:

Shuai Zhang will inflict a humilating defeat on Julia just like Zi on Ana :dance:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 24th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Shuai Zhang will win

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 24th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Zhang was one game away to defeat Chakvetadze last year in Guanghozu in 1r. Chakvetadze won that match, and later the tournament.

Kai
Aug 24th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Julia easily in 2 sets

Dexter
Aug 24th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Zhang was one game away to defeat Chakvetadze last year in Guanghozu in 1r. Chakvetadze won that match, and later the tournament.What does it have to do with it? :tape:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 24th, 2007, 01:40 PM
What does it have to do with it? :tape:

Well, probably people don't know that. I said that because one poster said that Zhang is NO WAY in the same league as Julia. Julia is ranked actually #146, Shuai Zhang, #147 (4 points of difference) :lol: ;)

Zhang has 9 ITFs singles; Goerges, 4; Zhang has more career price money than Goerges

Poova
Aug 24th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Julia in 2.

pierce0415
Aug 24th, 2007, 01:45 PM
yesterday when Shuai and I sat together watching Yan v Laine, I gave her some tips on how to beat Julia :dance: ... I told her play the same way Zi did against Ivanovic :spit: and move Julia all over the court

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 24th, 2007, 01:47 PM
yesterday when Shuai and I sat together watching Yan v Laine, I gave her some tips on how to beat Julia :dance: ... I told her play the same way Zi did against Ivanovic :spit: and move Julia all over the court

:haha: :bowdown:

jisung
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:00 PM
hope there is a good match
and good luck to shuai, plz do better on US hardcourt

Ballbasher
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I like both but this is surely Julia's match to win or lose sorry Shuai :sad:

The Kaz
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Well, probably people don't know that. I said that because one poster said that Zhang is NO WAY in the same league as Julia. Julia is ranked actually #146, Shuai Zhang, #147 (4 points of difference) :lol: ;)

Zhang has 9 ITFs singles; Goerges, 4; Zhang has more career price money than Goerges

Zhang = play hog = future jorneywoman :tape: ;)

Dexter
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:28 PM
yesterday when Shuai and I sat together watching Yan v Laine, I gave her some tips on how to beat Julia :dance: ... I told her play the same way Zi did against Ivanovic :spit: and move Julia all over the courtWhat a great piece of advice. Let's do a favour for all of us and start a new career as a coach for all Chinese bright prospects. You're wasting your talent writing all those bombshell threads in here.

Dexter
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Zhang has 9 ITFs singles; Goerges, 4; Zhang has more career price money than GoergesShe barely played outside of Asia this year where her only challenge was Kulikova. :tape:

FrOzon
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:30 PM
To get some info about Shuai Zhang, I checked her activity on wtatour.com: She played some small tournaments in China and Japan in June and July and four times in a row she reached the final against the same player: Regina Kulikova from Russia! :eek: :eek:

-sugi-
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Shuai not in the same league as Julia :spit:
I guess that is why they are ranked 5 spots apart :rolleyes:

Shuai Zhang will inflict a humilating defeat on Julia just like Zi on Ana :dance:
And what good results has Shuai had?
She lost to Junri Namigata a few weeks ago, who will never be an amazing player like you think Shuai will be.
What good results has Shuai had on the WTA?
Julia has had brilliant results, like in Stockholm and Doha (or was it Dubai) Apart from nearly beating Chakvetadze and doing reasonable against Garbin in Fed Cup, what else noteworthy has she done. :weirdo:

Ellery
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:59 PM
And what good results has Shuai had?
She lost to Junri Namigata a few weeks ago, who will never be an amazing player like you think Shuai will be.
What good results has Shuai had on the WTA?
Julia has had brilliant results, like in Stockholm and Doha (or was it Dubai) Apart from nearly beating Chakvetadze and doing reasonable against Garbin in Fed Cup, what else noteworthy has she done. :weirdo:

Indeed :worship:

pierce0415
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:12 PM
To get some info about Shuai Zhang, I checked her activity on wtatour.com: She played some small tournaments in China and Japan in June and July and four times in a row she reached the final against the same player: Regina Kulikova from Russia! :eek: :eek:

FrOzon :wavey:
so glad that a German poster is actually making an intelligent comment in this thread

pierce0415
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:13 PM
the reason that Shuai Zhang has not had good results on WTA tour is because she has not received that many opportunities to play on it :rolleyes:

-sugi-
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:16 PM
why hasn't she received opportunites? :confused:
Sorry if I am a bit slow on the uptake here.

I am sorry to be arguing with you anyway Piercy.

FrOzon
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:23 PM
FrOzon :wavey:
so glad that a German poster is actually making an intelligent comment in this thread

:wavey: Hi Pierce

I'm trying hard! :lol:

pierce0415
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:27 PM
sugi :wavey:

Shuai Zhang was only added to the 1st ladder last month due to her improved ranking
only the 1st ladder (Na, Shuai,Jie,Zi and Tian Tian) is able to play WTA tournaments outside of China ... they travel together with the Chinese coaching staff
the 2nd ladder (Shuai was previously a member) was restricted to playing tournaments in Asia only

-sugi-
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:30 PM
sugi :wavey:

Shuai Zhang was only added to the 1st ladder last month due to her improved ranking
only the 1st ladder (Na, Shuai,Jie,Zi and Tian Tian) is able to play WTA tournaments outside of China ... they travel together with the Chinese coaching staff
the 2nd ladder (Shuai was previously a member) was restricted to playing tournaments in Asia only
oh ok ;) Thanks for explaining and clearing things up.

But what about Jing JIng Lu, Xin Yun Han, Shengnan Sun and some others whos names I have seen play in Europe?

Anyway, I wish Shuai best of luck, it will be interesting to see how she progresses on the tour.

Dexter
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:52 PM
the reason that Shuai Zhang has not had good results on WTA tour is because she has not received that many opportunities to play on it :rolleyes:yes, it's not her fault CTA has retarded rules.

.Andrew.
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Goerges to win in straights.

Louis Cyphre
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:03 PM
we have China's best teenage prospect ready to clash with Germany's best teenage prospect ;) is this a preview of future GS QF or SF :confused: :eek:

at least SF,maybe even the next Nadal&Federer :lol:

pierce0415
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:04 PM
But what about Jing JIng Lu, Xin Yun Han, Shengnan Sun and some others whos names I have seen play in Europe?

2nd ladder is allowed to play Challenger events outside of China but very infrequently ...

for example Zhang, Shengnan and Ji were allowed to play some ITFs in the USA earlier this year ... then some other girls were allowed to join Zhang on the Japan tour and Jing Jing and Xin Yun were allowed to do a European tour together

Shengnan and Chunmei are sort of on 1st ladder too because of their doubles rankings :dance:

AlexBarrington
Aug 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM
2nd ladder is allowed to play Challenger events outside of China but very infrequently ...

for example Zhang, Shengnan and Ji were allowed to play some ITFs in the USA earlier this year ... then some other girls were allowed to join Zhang on the Japan tour and Jing Jing and Xin Yun were allowed to do a European tour together

Shengnan and Chunmei are sort of on 1st ladder too because of their doubles rankings :dance:

allwed from who?? CHina feder-tennis? :confused:

pierce0415
Aug 24th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Shuai is taking my advice :dance:
TheBoiledEgg and Dexter will be eating crow :tape: