PDA

View Full Version : piercerocks's US Open Reports!

piercerocks
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Ok, so i just got back from the US Open qualifying, which i go to every year cause its free and you get to see alot of good players/matches. Today I went with my friend and we had a great time!

First we went by the practice courts and we saw Casey Dellacqua, some other Aussies, Caroline Wozniacki, Guillermo Canas, Nicolas Massu, Richard Gasquet, Lleyton Hewitt and Andy Murray. Me and my friend went behind the gate to get a closer look until we realized we were standing right next to Brad Gilbert! It was pretty funny i didn't know whether to say hi because it would look pretty creepy considering we were sneaking up on them in the bushes. lol. So we didnt. Then we went to see Andy Roddick practice, looked at a few matches, we saw Julia Goerges beat Kelly Liggan and my friend got a picture with Julia, who was very nice and patient with our camera troubles haha. We also got a picture with Tamaraine Tanasugarn who was walking around the grounds. We also saw Gael Monfils.

After that we went to go see Jelena Jankovic practice. Jelena was hitting the ball very good, she gave a kid a bag that her extra racquet came in and she also gave a tennis ball away too. It was really nice to see how happy she was and talking with people. All of the sudden i realized her mom was watching the practice so we went to sit by her and we started talking to her. My friend asked her what her name was and then she said " your shoes are mad fly" i started laughing and Snezana gave us a weird look and my friend said " i like your shoes" and she was like Oh, thank you. lol it was so funny. After that we watched this intense match with two guys ( i forgot their names) and went over to see Pironkova/Domachowska. Marta was playing EXTREMELY well until the end, i was suprised! I really thought she was going to win the match. Afterwards i though about asking marta for her picture but she looked really upset so i just got a picture with Tsvetana who was really friendly. We also saw lindsey nelson crying : ( Also on the practice courts we saw Anna Chakvetadze hitting with Shahar Peer and Krajicek hitting with some other people.

Anyways i had a good time and i will be putting up pictures later.. I'm also going tomorrow but i'm gonna be working with my summer camp so idk if i can go see players. hope you liked my report! lol

RJWCapriati
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:33 AM

Mark Spruce
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:34 AM
thank you so much

cellophane
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:37 AM
OMG.... Inferior Chakvetadze hitting with Lucky Peer? No wonder pierce hates her!

LeRoy.
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:42 AM
OMG.... Inferior Chakvetadze hitting with Lucky Peer? No wonder pierce hates her!

you seem a tad obsessed with pierce (the poster) is it love ? :p :hearts: :o

cellophane
Aug 24th, 2007, 02:46 AM
you seem a tad obsessed with pierce (the poster) is it love ? :p :hearts: :o

I don't think you have to be obsessed with pierce to think about him when you read about Anna and Shahar hitting together . :shrug: :p

bellascarlett
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:13 AM
After that we went to go see Jelena Jankovic practice. Jelena was hitting the ball very good, she gave a kid a bag that her extra racquet came in and she also gave a tennis ball away too. It was really nice to see how happy she was and talking with people. All of the sudden i realized her mom was watching the practice so we went to sit by her and we started talking to her. My friend asked her what her name was and then she said " your shoes are mad fly" i started laughing and Snezana gave us a weird look and my friend said " i like your shoes" and she was like Oh, thank you. lol it was so funny.

I was there almost the entire time Jelena was on the grandstand practicing. :tape: :lol: Hmm, too bad I didn't notice people talking to Jelena's mom. Was this when she had transferred seats? Anyway, yeah Jelena was much fun to watch. I was laughing a few times at her. She was playing great too. She'll get to the semis I feel. ;) Although Ivanovic was also hitting quite well, not as accurate but obviously stronger. And her serve is just a world away from Jelena's. Anyway, Ana went on the grandstand to practice right after Jelena. Actually Ana entered as Jelena just sat down from another round of hitting and that kind of signalled the end of Jelena's practice. She (Jelena) was practicing for a pretty long time compared to the others I've seen. Interestingly, I didn't notice any words or looks exchanged...both trying to be indifferent to the other. :hehehe:

Also was at Roddick's for quite a while. Rafa went on after but I chose to stay in the grandstand. When I passed by the practice courts in the morning, I saw Venus and Chaky practicing, not together though. Too bad, I didn't see Masha practicing today. Don't know where and what time she went on.

piercerocks
Aug 29th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Hey - just got back from the US Open.. we took the train in and back and it was a terrible commmute and im exhuasted! but the tennis was worth it. The tickets were sold out by 12 30! Anyways, when we finally got in i headed for the outside courts and took pictures of Maria Kirilenko, Juan Del Potro, Nicolas Mahut, and maybe some others i cant remember lol. We went to the practice courts and i saw Jelena , Ana, Andy Murray practicing. First we saw Novak Djokovic beat Robin Hasse which was semi boring but kinda exciting toward the end and also because we were sitting next to the player's box i think cause the people next to us all had nametags and were speaking serbian. When it got to match point, all the kids lined up to get his autograph and Robin said "it's not over yet!" which got everyone laughing. In between i went to see Elena Vesnina and took a couple of pictures. after Djokovic won, we tried to get into grandstand but i didnt want to force my mom up the stairs so we stayed to watch Chakvetadze vs. Weinhold. Weinhold actually wasnt that bad but she appeared nervous and kinda upset most of the match, saying stuff like "don't let her rush you, step it up" but she was all over the place. We sat next to Robert Landsorp and i think it was her mom and maybe a few of her relatives. Vladimir Lazarev some Russian tennis represetnative was behind us too. After Chaky won we went to have some lunch and I saw Elena Likhovtseva, Scoville Jenkins and Benjamin Becker, and got a picture with Cara Black. We then went to see Rodionova vs. Savchuk because i wanted to see a Rodionova meltdown but it got boring fast so we stopped by Pennetta vs. Peng which was pretty exciting then Carlos Berloqc vs. Radek Stepanek which was funny because they were grunting so loud and when Radek got pumped up it was kind of scary... lol. Then we went back to Armstrong to see Francesca and Nathalie which had a good first set, then we left and the ride home was terrible because we had to change at Jamaica and some girl was talking all the ride back.

oops i forgot i saw masha practice too.. pictures will come later

Natash.
Aug 29th, 2007, 02:22 AM
How was Kirilenko playing? :D

piercerocks
Aug 29th, 2007, 02:26 AM
How was Kirilenko playing? :D

she looked pretty good :) i wasnt there long enough to see alot of it but the scoreline was pretty good

bellascarlett
Aug 29th, 2007, 02:28 AM
Interesting. Lansdorp was there huh. :)

stefi62
Aug 29th, 2007, 07:25 AM
You had a pic with Cara!!! Great!!! :D
Did you attend the training? Do you have pics? ;)

Thanks for the report! :kiss:

Maryamator
Aug 29th, 2007, 11:09 AM
omg u met tsveti:hearts: can u post the pic:)?

Roxxx
Aug 29th, 2007, 11:21 AM
thanks for the report !!!