PDA

View Full Version : Excellent tennis player photos are available at...

the cat
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:19 PM
www.kournikovadotcom.com/mtp-pages/mtp-pics.html

Enjoy! :)

Jarrett
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:40 PM
http://www.kournikovadotcom.com/mtp-media/serena-pics/serena-pics-large/sw-001-large.jpg

Besides that picture, they are very cute. Just check out that one of Venus and the dog.

http://www.kournikovadotcom.com/mtp-media/venus-pics/venus-pics-large/vw-005-large.jpg

Whoops! I meant to show this one. ;)

http://www.kournikovadotcom.com/mtp-media/venus-pics/venus-pics-large/vw-001-large.jpg

Awww.... :bounce:

::EDITED to change the actual photos to links.:: :rolleyes:

TatiAnnahølic
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:07 PM
thanks for the link :D

QueenO
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Thanks.....Really Cool Pics!!!

Rocketta
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the site! I so miss this look!

http://www.kournikovadotcom.com/mtp-media/serena-pics/serena-pics-large/sw-020-large.jpg

babsi
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Let's contribute in taking someone bandwidth away by posting pics instead of linking to them!

Zamboni
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:49 PM
thanx for the link :)

Rocketta
Jul 11th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by babsi
Let's contribute in taking someone bandwidth away by posting pics instead of linking to them!

What's your point?

babsi
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Ok, you post a photo and that is certain size (42KB).

A lot of sites have a bandwidth limit each month and if it exceeds it the site is shut down for the remainder of the month. And the guy who runs this is on a paid server anyway, domain name and webhost show this.

People really have no clue about this issue, and it's to ok post a pic off yahoo or sport.com, they have no problems in this respect but someone's personal site is another matter, if I find somebody does this with any pics from my site then I ask them to remove them or e-mail the webhost to get them removed. I don't mind if they host them on their own server.

It is a matter of respect.

Rocketta
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:14 PM
I've seen messages where people only want you to link to the photo's and not actually download them to your own computer! It goes both ways. You have no clue as to the situation of this web site unless you are a part of it and know what he pays for. You talk about respect but you post a snide comment then suggest that people lack respect for someone else's site. Talk about lack of respect. Both of your posts lack respect. Why don't you work on learning how to post your thoughts respectfully before you worry about what others are doing??

babsi
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:18 PM
You do not understand the issue, if you have a website 9 times out of 10 you have a bandwidth limit set for each month. There are hardly any webhosts that have unlimited bandwidth, that is a fact.

And most sites are happy for you to use the photo for personal use.

And I have spoken to the webmaster a couple of times actually, not with regard to bandwidth problems but more to copyright issues, and he did say to me that he had problems with it in the past and if I want to get really picky it was illegal of you posting the photo without the permission of the copyright holder.

babsi
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Read that

http://www.kournikovadotcom.com/kdc-pages/kdc_info.html

Rocketta
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Well then report me! Who gives a shit? You missed the point! Your attitude stinks and you don't know how to express your thoughts, respectfully especially since you so care about respecting other people! That's the point. If you had come on and posted why people shouldn't link to pictures instead of making one a snide remark and then two making it seem like if you don't do it your way it is a sign of not having respect then maybe I would've listen.

Rocketta
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Read that

http://www.kournikovadotcom.com/kdc-pages/kdc_info.html

and your point?

babsi
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:29 PM
See you are the perfect example of people not posting as much as they like, you take the personal attack.

Yes I have e-mailed the webmaster in relation to this thread and he can stop the image posting if he likes, they are his photos and he can ask to have them removed.

There is no point in repsonding to this because you will just continue in the same vein.

And this is one issue that really annoys me I pay for my site every month and occasionally through image posting on other sites I have to pay extra because of it because of ignorance.

Rocketta
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:38 PM
See you are the perfect example of people not posting as much as they like, you take the personal attack.

Yes I have e-mailed the webmaster in relation to this thread and he can stop the image posting if he likes, they are his photos and he can ask to have them removed.

There is no point in repsonding to this because you will just continue in the same vein.

And this is one issue that really annoys me I pay for my site every month and occasionally through image posting on other sites I have to pay extra because of it because of ignorance.

and you are the type of poster that has personal issues and doesn't know how to not let them get in the way of your posting. You should've just sent him an email if this thread concerned you and kept your self-righteous attitude to yourself. You could've then started a thread of your own telling us all how bad we are for linking pictures. Another option could've been to email WTAWorld admin's but no, you had to let everyone know that you feel linking to photo's from someone else's site is disrespectful like anyone asked?

babsi
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:42 PM
I've got personal issues just because I disagree with you posting the pics because I know what the bandwidth situation is in regard to websites??...Now I have heard it all now!

No, I think something has to be said so that 'some' people know what the situation is currently regarding bandwidth so when they are thinking about posting a pic they think twice about it. People who don't run websites don't have much idea about this subject.

But I don't need to be told what to do, we will see if the pics stay or get removed, but I think I go for the last option on that one.

Rocketta
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:49 PM
I've got personal issues just because I disagree with you posting the pics because I know what the bandwidth situation is in regard to websites??...Now I have heard it all now!

No, I think something has to be said so that 'some' people know what the situation is currently regarding bandwidth so when they are thinking about posting a pic they think twice about it. People who don't run websites don't have much idea about this subject.

But I don't need to be told what to do, we will see if the pics stay or get removed, but I think I go for the last option on that one.

You don't need to be told what to do but you should tell people what to do? Yes this issue is personal with you aren't you the one that said people have done this to you on your website? That sounds personal to me.

Also, reread my post. I said you should put up a thread letting us know how wrong we have been to link to photos! However, the way you went about it and the attitude you showed was WRONG! You did not start this thread and the pictures are not from your site. So all your indignation was personal.

You can keep going over the points of how you are right on the bandwith issue and you might be. I've never said you were wrong, only that you were wrong in how you presented your side! However, You have failed to respond to those claims.

Was your first comment not a snide remark?

Did you not insinuate in your second post that people who link photo's lack respect?

Jarrett
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:51 PM

:sad: OH NO!

:rolleyes:

babsi
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Whatever, I have better things to with my time that justify in how I post on an internet messageboard when I know that I am right on the issue.

And yes people who link photos have no respect, they should do a url link not post the photo unless it is yahoo, sports.com etc etc

babsi
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Posting photos like it is been done in this thread is ignorance imo.

Jarrett
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:55 PM
People really have no clue about this issue, and it's to ok post a pic off yahoo or sport.com, they have no problems in this respect but someone's personal site is another matter, if I find somebody does this with any pics from my site then I ask them to remove them or e-mail the webhost to get them removed. I don't mind if they host them on their own server.

Oh FYI, if this person is having SUCH a big problem with people linking to his photos, there a simple scripts that you can upload to the server. Unless the pics are loaded from the original domain it will turn up as a 'X'.

Jarrett
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Whatever, I have better things to with my time that justify in how I post on an internet messageboard when I know that I am right on the issue.

Seems that you keep coming back though, right?

babsi
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Maybe he doesn't know about that, but I am nearly 100% sure he has bandwidth problems.

And this thread and other things have encouraged me to ban remote linking on my site.

Rocketta
Jul 11th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Babsi---Thanks for proving me right! :wavey:

Jay
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Hmm

I think most webmasters are not too fussed if their pics are posted on message boards. Generally the bandwidth that is consumed is a drop in the ocean. Of course this depends on how popular the website is. At the end of the day if the webmaster doesn't want people to see his pics then err.............don't put them on the internet ;)

As for copyright, again most copyright holders are not fussed if their pics are on display or being used in a non commercial way (like pics posted on this board) as long as the copyright notice is on display (as in this case)

I can't speak for Chris Rogers but I'll be amazed if he has a problem with his pics being posted on this board in the manner that they have.

http://jellyworld.freewebspace.com/jay/6a.jpg

Mags
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Wow Babsi and Rocketta - let's calm it down a bit.:drool:

Babsi - just to clarify are you saying when someone posts a pic off another persons website that the space is taken up, thus it is better to link?. I suspect as you said, most people do not appreciate the bandwidth issue so as Rocketta said, perhaps a thread giving a quick explaination would be a good idea.

I don't believe that the majority of people who post pics/reports from other sites mean to be disrespectful, use up the bandwith or break copyright laws, but simply want to share with other members of this forum any good pics they have found elsewhere.

A tennis fan posted some of his photos on a particular site and they were then copied onto a yahoo group album. The owner of the photos then requested that they be removed by the lady who posted them into the yahoo group and a bitter argument over copyright began. Recently the same photographer posted a report and photos from the Wimbledon qualifiers on a message board and knowing his views on copyright I asked him if he would mind if I posted the report on this forum or would he prefer that I provide a link to the message board. The photographer said he preferred me to post a link to the report which I did.

In that case, I knew the owner of the photos/reports had an issue with his copyright, but as I said I don't believe most people even think about it when they post.

Just my opinion - please don't get all heated with me!.:drool: