PDA

View Full Version : If Venus gets to semi, might as well just hand the trophy to her

JeremySun
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:02 PM
If Venus gets to the semi, which is likely, because Ana is already "beaten scared" by Venus and Jelena will be tired after battling tough opponents in her section (I won't mention any names) and because she's exhausted after Rogers Cup.

If Justine reaches semi, she would be worn out by Serena (yes, Serena is in MUCH better shape now since she would have about two months to heal her thumb and has been practicing one-handed slices a lot recently), and because Justine is also exhausted after Rogers Cup and also has a "mental inferiority" when playing against Venus because she has been beaten by Venus so many times.

If Serena reaches semi, she'll probably just default to Venus because Serena has already had a chance to hold all 4 majors at the same time and Richard will order Serena give up so Venus has a chance to win all 4 majors in a row, and because Serena would be tired after battling past Justine.

Hence, if Venus reaches semi and wins (very likely), she'll face whatever battle-exhausted player there is from the bottom half, none of whom is really an opponent for Venus.

Great, another draw rigging in favor of Venus. I'm sooooooooo mad. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :o :o

JeremySun
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:08 PM
Draw rigging gave Venus a cakewalk draw at Wimbledon too, think about it.

Sam L
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:11 PM
:haha:

If there's any draw rigging going on right now, it's the Russians. For sure.

I'd be happy with Justine or the Sisters or Ana winning. I even wouldn't mind Sharapova winning as long as she's the only Russian in the quarters.

Expat
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:18 PM
give her maria's draw and we will talk about rigging