PDA

View Full Version : Why have so many players contracted mono recently?

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:42 PM
Shouldn't be pros more careful on who they make out with? I mean, they usually have more at stake than the rest of us in terms of having perfect health.

It seems that this trend is very recent, like the last 5 years or so. Or is it used to be simply not discussed before?

JeremySun
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:45 PM
What's mono?

Serenita
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:46 PM
what the hell is mono?

DA FOREHAND
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:46 PM
too much kissing at the net

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:47 PM
what Nicole is battling now, Justine had, Dinara had. And those are the high profile ones.

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:50 PM
too much kissing at the net

my understanding is that there have to be some fluid (soliva) exchange for that to happened... have there a been a kiss with tounges involved EVER at the net?

faboozadoo15
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:50 PM
Mononucleosis. Debilitating virus that makes one extremely fatigued and stiffened at joints.

And for these players, it's not about who they're kissing. :haha: Imagine travelling as much as they do and spending as much time in airports, and you'd probably get sick every once in a while too.

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:52 PM
one can only contract through kissing, having sex or sharing things like toothbrush

Wiggly
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah, fly to France, go back to Prague, fly to Wimbledon, return to Prague, visit Florida. You'll get sick.

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:54 PM
what does it have to do with travel? :scratch:

Tennisstar86
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
my understanding is that there have to be some fluid (soliva) exchange for that to happened... have there a been a kiss with tounges involved EVER at the net?

How old are you people? lol....... Mono is actually really easy to pass around..... you dont have to kiss.... Imagine.
Vaidisova "Hey Justine what a good match last week against Serena..... oh what are you drinking? some new brand of water let me try" sip sip... oh you had mono? dang it"

Think of all the sweating players do... Have you ever wiped your muth with your hand while playing? then shaken hands after the match? Its really easy... REAL easy to pass along... Plus they share a locker room....

And mono is a disaster of a virus that is really hard to get rid of.... You can have it for months on end. Think you've gotten rid of it. and a few months later it reappears...

Tennisstar86
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:56 PM
one can only contract through kissing, having sex or sharing things like toothbrush

or drinks..... easier to pass along than you think....

marycarillosucks
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:58 PM
Shouldn't be pros more careful on who they make out with? I mean, they usually have more at stake than the rest of us in terms of having perfect health.

It seems that this trend is very recent, like the last 5 years or so. Or is it used to be simply not discussed before?

mono is a commonly over-diagnosed illness. Many of the players probably don't actually have mono, they are just suffering from exhaustion symptoms which can be brought on by the relentless tennis lifestyle.

faboozadoo15
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:01 PM

And you can only get the flu from giving someone a rimjob.

DA FOREHAND
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:01 PM

I think we should ask Alex Stevenson's mom i'm sure she'd have the answer.:eek:

faboozadoo15
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:02 PM
mono is a commonly over-diagnosed illness. Many of the players probably don't actually have mono, they are just suffering from exhaustion symptoms which can be brought on by the relentless tennis lifestyle.

:confused: There's a blood test involved in any Mononucleosis diagnosis.

Darop.
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:03 PM
They all kissed Ancic :tape:

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:08 PM
I think we should ask Alex Stevenson's mom i'm sure she'd have the answer.:eek:

:haha:

"predatory lesbains" ?

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:15 PM
This thread is a lob if I've ever seen one. I can think of infinitely insulting things to say.

SF

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:22 PM
what exactly is insulting? the fact that that there are more players contracting this desease? I mean, players were sweating 10 years ago, they shook hands 10 years ago, but we didn't have top players contracting it in such numbers, did we?

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
That's not what I meant. I meant I could say things like...Sveta's been at it again in the locker room.

SF

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
That's not what I meant. I meant I could say things like...Sveta's been at it again in the locker room.

SF

and? :weirdo:

Have we mentioned ANY player other than the ones who made it public that they contracted mono? And the question wasn't why they are having sex in the locker room or anywhere else, but rather why they are not more careful in general considering what rides on their health.

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
You aren't getting what I'm saying. I never said you, or anyone else was being insulting. I honestly don't care enough to explain it anymore.

SF

marycarillosucks
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:32 PM
and? :weirdo:

Have we mentioned ANY player other than the ones who made it public that they contracted mono? And the question wasn't why they are having sex in the locker room or anywhere else, but rather why they are not more careful in general considering what rides on their health.

why do you think the players aren't careful? You're assuming they got sick because they weren't careful? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

tenn_ace
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:34 PM
why do you think the players aren't careful? You're assuming they got sick because they weren't careful? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

you don't get it thorugh the air. that's why.

Tennisstar86
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:26 PM
what exactly is insulting? the fact that that there are more players contracting this desease? I mean, players were sweating 10 years ago, they shook hands 10 years ago, but we didn't have top players contracting it in such numbers, did we?

Because it takes someone to actually get it to pass it around.... For example.... Just because theres a mono outbrake going on in yur high school... Doesnt mean theres one going on in my highschool or that thats the norm.. as noone has generally been affected by it...

Forehand_Volley
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:31 PM

I think extreme training regimens and frequent travel have created the environment of lowered immune responses for these players.

Players getting "the flu" mid-summer has also been another symptom.