PDA

View Full Version : Vaidisova v Sharapova 4R WILL NOT Happen At USO 2007

pierce0415
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:25 PM
I just read through some threads where people commented on the draw and there are so many people saying that Vaidisova v Sharapova will be a good match and other people saying they are looking forward to the match

get real people ... it ain't going to happen :o :rolleyes:

Nicole hasn't played a match in months and she ain't going to just waltz in here and beat Alla, Shuai and Shahar in consecutive matches :wavey:

cellophane
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:26 PM
"Lucky Peer" through to the 4th round AGAIN? :tape: :o :help:

papru
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:27 PM
nor Maria is going to beat Radwanska :devil:

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:30 PM
Odds are that it will happen...but it's certainly far from guaranteed.

Peer could hit a hot streak and take Nicole out...or Nicole's fitness could not be up to snuff. Morigami is the only tough test potentially early for Maria...but I think Maria has a cake walk.

SF

Mudbone
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Nicole is fighting mono and will be lucky to get past the 2nd round...In fact she may be forced to withdraw....Had Vaidisova been healthy and playing well she would have been in the top half as well

cellophane
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Nicole has been quite consistent in slams though, despite not playing before them.

Matt01
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:32 PM
Nicole hasn't played a match in months and she ain't going to just waltz in here and beat Alla, Shuai and Shahar in consecutive matches :wavey:

Well, I wouldn't be so sure of that...Shahar is in a slump and Shuai and Alla are, no offense, hardly outstanding top players (you would probably say: "are not looming" :p ). If Devilsova got over her injury problems, I'd give her a reasonable chance...

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:36 PM
razzano will upset masha in the 3rd rd watch it lol....giving masha her earliest exit since mary beat her in 04 :lol:

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:37 PM
Nicole is fighting mono and will be lucky to get past the 2nd round...In fact she may be forced to withdraw....Had Vaidisova been healthy and playing well she would have been in the top half as well

actually nicole went into the FO without any matches as well and got to the QF...so i wouldn't count her out just yet

Sexysova
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:44 PM
actually nicole went into the FO without any matches as well and got to the QF...so i wouldn't count her out just yet

I'm big fan of Nicole but I have to admit... though she reached quarterfinal at French Open after right wrist injusy without match since FED CUP.. but glandular fever and wrist injury is so BIG DIFFERENCE!! Nicole could do nothing whole month and she had to diet over month... she rather skipped Toronto.. though her coach(Alex Kodat) said it's sure she'll play at USO but I think nobody can expect big result.. she really could do nothing but during right wrist injury she could keep condition and lightly training with racket.. :sad: :sad: :sad:

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:25 PM
I'm big fan of Nicole but I have to admit... though she reached quarterfinal at French Open after right wrist injury without match since FED CUP.. but glandular fever and wrist injury is so BIG DIFFERENCE!! Nicole could do nothing whole month and she had to diet over month... she rather skipped Toronto.. though her coach(Alex Kodat) said it's sure she'll play at USO but I think nobody can expect big result.. she really could do nothing but during right wrist injury she could keep condition and lightly training with racket.. :sad: :sad: :sad:

true....we shall see if her mentality will pull her through :) if it does then she is definitely one to watch in the future :D

Tennace
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:38 PM
Im pretty sure Nicole has been training since before Toronto and pulle dout of it because she was not completely fit yet. I think Nicole will do fine, though she does have a tough draw.

Lunaris
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
The fact is that we have not many infos about Nicole's health (or at least I don't :shrug:). We don't know whether she skipped Toronto because she was still ill or whether she decided to practice instead of playing uncompetitive matches there. Articles in newspapers often aren't very specific and detailed. She may be in a good shape by now which would mean reaching the 4th round against Sharapova without problems. Or she will struggle with fatigue since 1st round if she isn't 100% healthy and ready. As for her opponents who pierce almost glorifies as if they were invincible. Kudryavtseva hasn't played anything special during US Open series, Peng is a good player but not good enough and Peer is hardly in the form she was at IW and Miami. If Nicole is 100% healthy and does not suffer from fatigue she will beat them all. If she isn't healthy she shouldn't play.

Steffica Greles
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:02 PM
I just read through some threads where people commented on the draw and there are so many people saying that Vaidisova v Sharapova will be a good match and other people saying they are looking forward to the match

Maybe.

But she did at the French Open.

FrenchY52
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:05 PM
Shahar :mad:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:21 PM
I agree.

@Sweet Cleopatra
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:59 PM
wish for her health and for all players

Viktymise
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Kudryavtseva hasn't followed up her great Wimbledon performance against Venus yet. Peng hasn't pulled any big upsets in ages and never looked like she was going to beat Henin in Montreal. Peer is slumping. Unless Nicole plays like total crap, she'll be in the 4th Round and Sharapova is pretty much already there.

Nicolás89
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:52 PM

i forgot how great of a fast courts player shahar is, and how can we even dare to think that "one win wonder" wont reach the 4th round :rolleyes: (who the hell is alla)

LeRoy.
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
I hope Shuai will take her out. :D

Serenidad.
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:46 PM
Who is going to stop Nicole? SHAHAR running around with her 68 MPH second serves and her retarded grunt? LOL!

Wolverines08
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:48 PM
Nicole will get there, and i will have my recorder set up because this match will be fireworks.

Bruno71
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:33 PM
Who is going to stop Nicole? SHAHAR running around with her 68 MPH second serves and her retarded grunt? LOL!

Some day soon your reputation bar will turn green I guess.

If Nicole is "unfit" then she could lose to those players, but otherwise it's quite doubtful. She's able to impose her game on lesser players as a rule...though if Peer can find form from earlier this year she'll be able to grind away at Nicole.

PLP
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:35 PM

LOL!

I actually agree, though I am not sure which one will be upset. It just seems that they are never destined to meet, LOL, and I am NOT getting my hopes up again!

(PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THEM BOTH GET THERE!!!)

wtatennisballer
Aug 24th, 2007, 03:37 AM
LOL!

I actually agree, though I am not sure which one will be upset. It just seems that they are never destined to meet, LOL, and I am NOT getting my hopes up again!

(PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THEM BOTH GET THERE!!!)

Common' man. Not sure which one will be upset between Sharapova and Vaidisova? Vaidisova is clearly more suspect in her current form. If she beats Kudryavseva in the first round the headlines are going to read, Vaidisova survives a first round scare.

pierce0415
Sep 1st, 2007, 06:16 PM
:tape: :ignore:

Slumpsova
Sep 1st, 2007, 06:20 PM
Go Aga i love you! :kiss:

doni1212
Sep 1st, 2007, 06:20 PM
Come on AGA!!!!

doni1212
Sep 1st, 2007, 06:22 PM
One More Game!!!!!

Lulu.
Sep 1st, 2007, 06:26 PM
Its over!

In The Zone
Sep 1st, 2007, 06:34 PM
Wow. Piercey, you almost had it right. You said Nicole would be out but WOW. Nice call!

pierce0415
Sep 2nd, 2007, 03:12 AM
:dance:

gumoll
Sep 2nd, 2007, 03:33 AM
nice avatar pierce :p

Wiggly
Sep 2nd, 2007, 03:35 AM
:worship:

roger_maria4ever
Sep 2nd, 2007, 03:40 AM
nice avatar pierce :p
:lol:

papru
Sep 2nd, 2007, 09:37 AM
nor Maria is going to beat Radwanska :devil:

told ya :banana:

matanuriel
Sep 2nd, 2007, 10:23 AM

This is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. On the 4th MP Shahar 2nd serve was 68 MPH and that (not the other 3 good serves) was the one to stop Vaidisoa :devil:

Meteor Shower
Sep 2nd, 2007, 10:28 AM
:banana:

Shahar vs. Aga is much better than Sharapova vs. Vaidisova :D