PDA

View Full Version : Fitness is the key for Serena

Jem
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:12 PM
I was thinking about Serena Williams' fantastic play ever since the beginning of last summer, and it seems to me that fitness is really the key to her success as much as anything else. If you look back at her losses to Capriati at the French and Wimbledon in 2001, it's clear that she simply wasn't in the same kind of shape that she is in now. In fact, she actually looked a little heavy in 2001. Today, she is as trim and strong as I've ever seen, and it's really paying dividends, allowing her to strike the ball with great confidence and helping her eliminate many of the errors that plagued her game in 2001. Just as countless others have done before her, Serena has once again demonstrated that being in your best physical condition allows you to play your best tennis.

Rocketta
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:03 PM
I think your right. I also think she would not take care of herself during tournaments by eating the right foods and getting the proper rest. I think all those things are important to her now.

irma
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:06 PM
people need a reason why to eat less meat! watch queen Serena:D

eshell
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Good analysis! I think her fitness has improved greatly too.

TSequoia01
Jul 11th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Fitness and mental toughness are the reasons. You are absolutely correct! :cool: