PDA

View Full Version : Venus Williams New Endorsement Partnership

Marcell
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:14 PM
08/23/2007

Two-time U.S. Open champion Venus Williams will step into a new endorsement partnership today in Manhattan. The reigning Wimbledon winner will unveil her new collection of Steve & Barry's high performance and casual apparel, footwear and accessories at a Manhattan press conference.

Designed by Venus, the collection includes the clothes and shoes she will wear during next week's U.S. Open. In keeping with the Steve & Barry's mission, every item — including the high performance on-court gear — will be under $20. Williams formerly wore Reebok shoes and clothes.

New York Knicks guard Stephon Marbury currently partners with Steve & Barry's on his "Starbury" basketball shoes

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:17 PM
The surprise. Thank God. I was so sick of Reebok on her! Anything will be better.

Thanks for the news!

SF

DA FOREHAND
Interesting can't wait to see her on opening day.

Donny
Wow... just wow.

I've bought a pair of Starbury's. They're like slippers there's so little padding. I hope Venus's kicks are of better quality

RenaSlam.
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Wow.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:23 PM
I really didn't think she would leave Reebok. wow.

The Dawntreader
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:25 PM
Is this real:lol:

southpaw58
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:27 PM
wait so she's with steve and barry's? whoaaa...i'm a little discouraged, didn't an article pop up saying she was wearing RBK with a new design. I can't believe she wouldn't sign with Nike, Addidas or anything else. Steve and barry's? Oh crap, now i'm nervous...for how she'll look.

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:27 PM
Interesting :lol: I hope the quality of Vee's stuff is good, because yeah, some of S&B's workmanship is a little :unsure:

But I mean COME ON GUYS this is Venus we're talking about, so I know they'll take care of her :yeah:

Finally good to see some new clothes on her though :bounce:

I was just there a couple of weeks ago, and SJP has a line of jeans for girls there, so they're definitely raising their fashion profile.

I hope their line of sportswear is good enough for the Venus name, but like I said, I'm sure it will be :yeah:

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:28 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/20408785

It's real. Go to google news and type "Venus + Steve and Barry's." You can even see some of her designs.

SF

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:28 PM
http://media1.cnbc.com/j/CNBC/Sections/News_And_Analysis/__Story_Inserts/graphics/_FASHION/EleVen_venus.standard.jpg

http://www.cnbc.com/id/20408785

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Her shoes.

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003630104

SF

jdyshrky
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:31 PM
First reaction: OMG everythings like under $20?! It's gonna look like crap!
Secondary reaction: Oh well, I guess it'll be great to see her in something different and a line she's designed exclusively. Had a look on the website and it seems SJP has a line too so it MUST be good.

I'm gonna guess there won't be any Swarovski crystals on Vee's outfit..lol

Modiac.
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:31 PM
New line by Venus called Eleven:
http://media1.cnbc.com/j/CNBC/Sections/News_And_Analysis/__Story_Inserts/graphics/_FASHION/EleVen_venus.standard.jpg

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
I think it's a good thing. Venus and Serena have brought tennis to the underprivileged, why can't Venus bring them tennis fashion too?

I like that she's doing this. I know some people will rip her for it, but I think it's great. All that and it looks like she has creative freedom over what she wears.

SF

BuTtErFrEnA
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:35 PM
interesting....but she's a very good business woman so she wouldn't do this unless the pros for her outweighed the pros for them

jdyshrky
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:40 PM
Oh this is pretty exciting. Nice to see they signed her up for this even before she won Wimbledon so it shows they believe in her at least. The whole EleVen thing is cool, I was thinking it would be to do with one of her addresses, all the cooler its Crompton. I thought she might have thought about ElleVen but that would draw too many similarites with elle right? The brand logo seems to be the 'V' in a gothic print. Not sure if that's a good idea or not...no figures on the deal are disclosed yet, ka-ching!!

Infiniti2001
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
I think it's a good thing. Venus and Serena have brought tennis to the underprivileged, why can't Venus bring them tennis fashion too?

I like that she's doing this. I know some people will rip her for it, but I think it's great. All that and it looks like she has creative freedom over what she wears.

SF

Why?? Meanwhile this is interesting The deal with Port Washington, N.Y.-based Steve & Barry’s was signed before she won the Wimbledon grand slam tennis tournament in July. Williams’ agent is Carlos Fleming at IMG, Cleveland.

P.S. that blouse is hot :p

AcesHigh
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:44 PM
Just dont injure yourself wearing faulty shoes :tape:
If they are done well though, I think this is a great move. Making what she wears available for people of low and middle income.

Slutiana
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
oh. Its acually real? I thought it wasa joke :o

tennisIlove09
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
YAY!
I am so excited :D
You go Vee :)

tennisIlove09
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:46 PM
If they are done well though, I think this is a great move. Making what she wears available for people of low and middle income.

Just like Sarah Jessica Parker's new clothing line. I saw it on Oprah, and everything was like $20.00 or less.

Tennisstar86
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:47 PM

yeah... Im kinda worried about that as well......

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:49 PM
the stuff looks good. I like it because I think the brand's lower profile will allow Venus 100% control over what she wears.

Venus > S&B and I think that's the best thing for her/her budget and fashion conscious fans.

Marcell
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:51 PM
I wonder if both sisters will be on Oprah and Tyra Banks soon. It happens that both Oprah and Tyra are both taping in New York in September for their new season.What better advertisement than being on Oprah.

Sam L
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:52 PM
Are these tennis clothes or just casual clothes?

Infiniti2001
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:54 PM
I wonder if both sisters will be on Oprah and Tyra Banks soon. It happens that both Oprah and Tyra are both taping in New York in September for their new season.What better advertisement than being on Oprah.

Hopefully on Oprah.. Tyra http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6919/punishak1.gif Meanwhile , don't forget Vee on David Letterman tonight :wavey:

xr6turbo
Aug 23rd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Go Venus, i hope you look hot at the Open! :D

tonythetiger
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:14 PM
Venus could play in flipflops and still play well and look graceful doing it. I think it's great that she has a new deal. I'm sure she bargin shopped and they had the best deal for her. Reebok just didn't deserve Venus any more.

Tennisstar86
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Venus could play in flipflops and still play well and look graceful doing it. I think it's great that she has a new deal. I'm sure she bargin shopped and they had the best deal for her. Reebok just didn't deserve Venus any more.

Do you play tennis? lol Flip flops...:lol: :lol:

I dont think shes left REebok for good... This sounds like a one time deal that she'll be wearing them at this Open....

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:22 PM
Why?? Meanwhile this is interesting

Just wait. I certainly don't want to feed them ideas.

SF

akosijepoy
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:24 PM
This caught me by surprise. I really thought she'd be wearing new RBK stuff.
But this is good news. She can really do some creative stuff.
And this goes well to people. Now more people can afford tennis stuff

supergrunt
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:25 PM
Is Steve and Barry's supposed to be likw... i dunno Walmart or something? Everyone keeps saying that it is cheap.

tae04
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:30 PM
Well at least she's with a company that seems to care about her and will have new things for her now. Who cares about the price, I'm sure Venus would not be wearing cheap quality stuff on the court.

V-MAC
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:32 PM
hmm...well this is a "surprise" indeed :lol: Be strange to see Vee without her trademark Reebok though :sad: I'm not sure about this brand yet but at least Vee will be unique to all the other players at the Open.

harloo
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
Wow... just wow.

I've bought a pair of Starbury's. They're like slippers there's so little padding. I hope Venus's kicks are of better quality

:haha:I bought my cousin a pair for his birthday and he must've looked at me sideways. But I really appreciate how Stephen and Shaq are helping single mothers by keeping their sneaker prices low.

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Is Steve and Barry's supposed to be likw... i dunno Walmart or something? Everyone keeps saying that it is cheap.

No, it's more like H&M. Closer to the Gap than Wal-Mart. But with more unique styles than the Gap. More of a designer look.

SF

supergrunt
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
I hope that she doesn't go out there dressed like she just came from Hot Topic. :unsure:

MrSerenaWilliams
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:39 PM
If that's her style :shrug: I don't see what the deal is :shrug:

venus_rulez
Aug 23rd, 2007, 04:59 PM
To me it sounds like this is a one time thing, but it'll be nice to see her in something different :)

40-0
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
So this was the surprise. I see something blue on the thing for the us open. Weird, I read in another article that they were doing the Reebok dress for the Us Open already.

southpaw58
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:32 PM
So this was the surprise. I see something blue on the thing for the us open. Weird, I read in another article that they were doing the Reebok dress for the Us Open already.

that's what i thought as well, well i'm excited to see what she's comin wid

Foxy
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:41 PM
sfselesfan,

You are so right. this is what Venus has been holding out for. She's into design herself and she needs a break through. And there is a famous basketball player who has launched his own line of tennis shoes for under $14 and they are the same quality, but he's targeting a market that people have left off.

That's all tennis shoes are worth. They only became so expensive because Michael Jordan and Rappers made them expensive and average people have spent all of their kids investment money for college into tennis shoes and made these companies and sports starts filthy rich.

I think Venus' design is gonna be cute. She's gonna be on center stage for a grand occassion honoring Althea Gibson in front of millions of people. She couldn't ask for a better night to debute her fashion even if it is just shoes. Reebok should not get all of the prime time off of Venus.

Creative freedom is what she wants, the money will follow because she's now back to winning and is the talk of tennis courts.

Let her beat Maria and she'll definitely put her clothes on the map.

Marcell
Aug 23rd, 2007, 05:45 PM
Venus Williams to Launch Fashion Line Called EleVen Exclusively at Retailer Steve & Barry's

Largest Fashion Line Ever Launched by a Female Athlete to Feature On-Court Sneakers, Active Wear, Casual Wear and More

PORT WASHINGTON, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Tennis superstar Venus Williams and retailer Steve & Barry's® announced today they are creating the largest fashion collection ever launched by a female athlete. The collection, called EleVen(TM) by Venus Williams, features a wide assortment of classic, active lifestyle and performance looks, on-court as well as casual footwear, accessories, and more. The signature item in the line is the "V-Court," a high performance, on-court sneaker. Williams, the four-time Wimbledon Champion (including 2007) and two-time U.S. Open Champion, will debut the V-Court during her matches at the U.S. Open next week. Hitting store shelves in time for the Holiday Season this November, EleVen will be sold exclusively at Steve & Barry's stores nationwide.

The launch of EleVen includes over 120 pieces, including nine styles of athletic footwear in a wide variety of color ways, track suits, fleece outerwear, street active apparel, graphic t-shirts, puffy down jackets with removable sleeves, denim jackets and jeans, velour items, tote and gym bags, jewelry, sports socks and bras, and more.

EleVen marks Williams' first-ever fashion line created with an exclusive retailer. Collaborating with a dedicated team of Steve & Barry's designers, Williams has immersed herself in the creation of every piece. Having spent much of her personal time over the past several years receiving a formal education in fashion design, Williams is drawing upon her learning to create a collection that represents her confidence and energy on the court, and her personal style, femininity and fun personality off of it.

"I love fashion and the idea that I am using my design education to actually create clothing and footwear that I will wear on and off the tennis court is a dream come true for me," said Williams. "The vision has been to create a collection that will allow women to easily transition throughout their active lifestyles and still look fashionable. I'm thrilled with everything we've created to launch EleVen."

Williams said the name EleVen comes from the address of the home where she first lived in California, together with her sister Serena and the rest of her family.

"We are excited to welcome Venus Williams to the Steve & Barry's family," said Steve & Barry's President Andy Todd. "Venus represents such fantastic qualities - achievement, fun, style - and she worked hard with our design team to ensure EleVen genuinely represents those attributes in the EleVen collection. Our shoppers are going to love this line."

Everything in EleVen will be priced at $19.98 and under, including the V-Court sneaker, which will retail for $14.98. While the price point is affordable, the quality of the V-Court is high-end, offering similar construction and styling as many of the most expensive tennis sneakers on the market.

EleVen by Venus Williams will be sold exclusively at Steve & Barry's stores nationwide beginning mid-November. It will be merchandised in a store-within-store environment featuring specially designed fixtures and signage beginning this November. More information about EleVen and Steve & Barry's is available online at www.elevenbyvenus.com and www.steveandbarrys.com.

ABOUT STEVE & BARRY'S

New York-based Steve & Barry's® is a leading casual apparel retailer that offers high-quality merchandise at astonishing low prices for men, women and children. Founded in 1985, the company operates over 200 anchor and junior anchor shopping center and mall-based locations throughout the U.S. The entire family can find incredible values on Steve & Barry's full lines of denim, t-shirts, cargos, jackets, footwear, shorts, sweatshirts, jerseys, hats, hoodies, chinos, tanks, polos and more. Additional information and store locations can be found at www.steveandbarrys.com.

ABOUT VENUS WILLIAMS

Venus Williams began her professional tennis career at the tender age of 14. Fiercely determined and wielding an impressive physical prowess, she spent the next decade rising to the top-ranked position and winning numerous championships, including the U.S. Open, Wimbledon, and doubles at the Australian Open and French Open, in addition to two Olympic Gold medals. In July of 2007, Venus won her fourth Wimbledon Championship. In true Champion form, Venus has been known to break records. During the 2007 French Open, Venus served the fastest serve recorded in a women's tour main draw match, and in 2004 she took home her third Wimbledon Championship after an intense 2 hour, 45 minute match against Lindsay Davenport. This was the longest women's final in Wimbledon's 128-year history. Venus also owns a full-service interior design firm called V Starr Interiors, based in Jupiter, Florida. Additional information on V Starr Interiors can be found at www.vstarrinteriors.com.

vswfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:03 PM
ABOUT VENUS WILLIAMS

Venus Williams began her professional tennis career at the tender age of 14. Fiercely determined and wielding an impressive physical prowess, she spent the next decade rising to the top-ranked position and winning numerous championships, including the U.S. Open, Wimbledon, and doubles at the Australian Open and French Open, in addition to two Olympic Gold medals. In July of 2007, Venus won her fourth Wimbledon Championship. In true Champion form, Venus has been known to break records. During the 2007 French Open, Venus served the fastest serve recorded in a women's tour main draw match, and in 2004 she took home her third Wimbledon Championship after an intense 2 hour, 45 minute match against Lindsay Davenport. This was the longest women's final in Wimbledon's 128-year history. Venus also owns a full-service interior design firm called V Starr Interiors, based in Jupiter, Florida. Additional information on V Starr Interiors can be found at www.vstarrinteriors.com.

she lost to Sprem in 2004...

supergrunt
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:16 PM
If that's her style :shrug: I don't see what the deal is :shrug:

b/c she could get critcism..

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:18 PM
I was at the press conf. She looked very nice...weave straight down her back with a bang...black tshirt with jeans and I think a small vest...the clothes looks great btw....:D

Il Primo!
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
Never ever heard of this brand (and I'm not living in a dark corner of western Africa)..is it a good sign :unsure: ?

But, the good thing is she finally stopped wearing those (crappy) RBK clothes (let the shitty clothes to Momo , she can't speal fashion to save her life.)

Looking forward to seeing her on court :bounce:

Modiac.
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:25 PM
The shoes:
http://www.brandweek.com/brandweek/photos/2007/08/eleven.jpg

Official site:http://www.EleVenbyVenus.com/

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
They sell them at their own stores. They've been expanding...similar to H&M did over the last few years. We're getting one this year in San Francisco.

SF

starin
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
yeah!! no more recycled Reebock shiz.

Rocketta
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Good for Venus! :clap2:

I've never heard of it BUT just found out there is one near me so I'll definitely check it out. :)

Shuji Shuriken
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:44 PM
Unfuckingbelievable :hearts: :bounce: :worship: :kiss: :bounce:

:dead: :gonetoheaven: :thedesignslookfuckingfantabulous:

:dead:

K-Dog
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:46 PM
I'm sure that Venus will wear something classy. Believe me, those shoes will not be the ones that are sold in stores. She'd trip and twist her ankle in those shoes. I'm going to miss Reebok, but if they aren't going to resign her and instead put more time, energy, and money into players like Momo, Nicole, Jelena, and Shahar (only Nicole seems to be a good spokeswoman for them), then screw them. I'm just happy that we will get to see Venus in new clothes and having multiple outfits for tournaments again.

tonythetiger
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
Do you play tennis? lol Flip flops...:lol: :lol:

I dont think shes left REebok for good... This sounds like a one time deal that she'll be wearing them at this Open....

Yes, I play tennis. However, we're talking VW here. :lol:

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 06:55 PM
She'd trip and twist her ankle in those shoes.

Actually, Nike, Adidas, and Reebok aren't much better in terms of tennis shoes. They're just cheaply made and overpriced.

SF

K-Dog
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:00 PM
Actually, Nike, Adidas, and Reebok aren't much better in terms of tennis shoes. They're just cheaply made and overpriced.

SF

Nike is usually pretty good. Reebok isn't. Never wore Adidas tennis shoes, but their casual shoes are nice. My Nikes that I got in Sept. of last year have stayed together nicely. They are the shoes that Rafa Nadal wore at the USO last year. And every other pair of Nikes I've ever bought have worked out well. I'm getting new shoes from Nike in Sept., but it isn't because the ones I have don't work. Steve and Barry's stuff is shady. My gf's sister works there and she warned us about the clothes and told us NOT to buy the Starburys or anything that looks nice from the Sarah Jessica Parker collection because that stuff breaks easily.

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:03 PM
I wear my Nike's out in about a month...so much so that I had to switch to New Balance. The only mainstream brand that holds up to my punishment (I jog) is Puma. Nike, Reebok, and Adidas (Adidas is the worst) all fall apart very quickly for me. I don't see this as a downgrade at all.

SF

Marcell
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:06 PM
It seems that Vee signed quite a deal. According to a quote from the company they will be in business even after she has stopped playing tennis. And it doesn't seem to be performance base either.

“We’ll still be partners with Venus long beyond her playing days — same as Marbury — this goes beyond performance on the court,” he said".

K-Dog
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:07 PM
I wear my Nike's out in about a month...so much so that I had to switch to New Balance. The only mainstream brand that holds up to my punishment (I jog) is Puma. Nike, Reebok, and Adidas (Adidas is the worst) all fall apart very quickly for me. I don't see this as a downgrade at all.

SF

I play tennis in college and my shoes don't break down at all. I skid when I move and the shoes still haven't broken down from Nike.

Donny
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:07 PM

SF

I've worn Starburys, which are sold at steve & Barry's. I've also worn Air Jordans. The nike made Jordans are leaps and bounds better in terms of quality. I would never play a sport in shoes manufactured by S & B's.

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:12 PM
I have to say that I've never owned Starburys...but I think Nike has a lot of people fooled into thinking they're high quality. I would never buy another pair of Air Jordans. I might buy some Nike shoes...if they're cute, but I won't jog or do any form of cardiovascular activity in them. They just don't hold up as well as other brands I prefer. That's all I'm saying.

I am not endorsing EleVen shoes...I haven't tried them...nor will I probably.

SF

winone23
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:24 PM
I live in NYC and I have never heard of Steve and Barry's. However, I will now check their clothes out and support Venus' new endeavor. All my new gym clothes just might be EleVen. I happy Venus got a new deal.

Shuji Shuriken
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:24 PM
I have two pairs of reeboks and a pair of nike...all bought around the same time. My reeboks are still almost as good as new while the nike is :dead:. Reebok seems quality to me :hearts:.

Infiniti2001
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:28 PM
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/309/captcff5b82b45b843df82fbc7.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5880/capta782a8026fed4654b1cdh5.jpg

eugreene2
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:28 PM
Great! Great! Great! I'm so proud of Venus. She has been a true role model. This fits her personality as well. I love it!!!

winone23
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:29 PM

The shirt is cute.

supergrunt
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:30 PM
that's hot :cool:

sammy01
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:31 PM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5880/capta782a8026fed4654b1cdh5.jpg

cute picture i hope it all goes well for her!

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:35 PM
I just hope she's still focused on her tennis. Launching your own line would be pretty time consuming. Venus is my favorite to win.

Don't forget to practice gurl!!

SF

ico4498
Aug 23rd, 2007, 07:46 PM
my Queen!

handle your business Vee, on & off court!

VS Fan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
Well, Venus has won TWO Wimbledon championships in three years while WEARING Reebok clothes and Reebok has been comfortable just soaking up their profits while not renewing Venus' contracts.

I would say that if Target or Walmart or any other corporation offered her a deal it would be better. Go Venus!!

GracefulVenus
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:12 PM
Yesssssssssssss! Finally something new for Venus!

GracefulVenus
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:13 PM
cute picture i hope it all goes well for her!

man is she glowing or what? :hearts: You look great Venus Willliams!

Marcell
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
Well, Venus has won TWO Wimbledon championships in three years while WEARING Reebok clothes and Reebok has been comfortable just soaking up their profits while not renewing Venus' contracts.

I would say that if Target or Walmart or any other corporation offered her a deal it would be better. Go Venus!!

It's not just a deal, it's a partnership. Best of all it's not performance base.

Kenny
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:21 PM
It's just the shoes that scare me... I hope they don't mess her feet up.

Infiniti2001
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:26 PM
man is she glowing or what? :hearts: You look great Venus Willliams!

Indeed!! The hair looks oh so lovely http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/1638/yahooyd4.gif

ico4498
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:38 PM
this is more than a fashion statement.

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:39 PM
She'll be the next Henri Lacoste.

SF

winone23
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:39 PM
She'll be the next Henri Lacoste.

SF

:lol: :lol:

Pureracket
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:43 PM
ABOUT VENUS WILLIAMS

In July of 2007, Venus won her fourth Wimbledon Championship. In true Champion form, Venus has been known to break records. During the 2007 French Open, Venus served the fastest serve recorded in a women's tour main draw match, and in 2004 she took home her third Wimbledon Championship after an intense 2 hour, 45 minute match against Lindsay Davenport. This was the longest women's final in Wimbledon's 128-year history. Venus also owns a full-service interior design firm called V Starr Interiors, based in Jupiter, Florida. Additional information on V Starr Interiors can be found at www.vstarrinteriors.com. (http://www.vstarrinteriors.com.) Venus didn't play Wimbledon in 2004.:rolleyes:

virtue05
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:48 PM
I think Venus will be okay, I do not think they will make a shoe that will endanger Venus's career. The shoes being sold in the retail market may be worth around 20.00 dollars in quality, but hers may be worth 80 to 100 dollers quality wise. I learned this, because I am taking business, with a concentration in retail mamnagement.

K-Dog
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:49 PM
Venus didn't play Wimbledon in 2004.:rolleyes:

Are we trying to forget Sprembeldon?

Pureracket
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:53 PM
Are we trying to forget Sprembeldon?I don't know what you're talking about. :bolt:

Brooklyn90
Aug 23rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Finally!

akosijepoy
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:08 PM
I'm so happy for her! ^-^
Is this a USOpen thing only? Or wil she be wearing them for the rest of her career?

Marcell
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:13 PM
I'm so happy for her! ^-^
Is this a USOpen thing only? Or wil she be wearing them for the rest of her career?

This is her own line. The company said that she will be with them beyond her tennis career.

K-Dog
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
I don't know what you're talking about. :bolt:

Do we want youtube to help prove our case?

Pureracket
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:24 PM
Do we want youtube to help prove our case?
No need. Everybody knows with the advent of technology, anything can be manipulated on youtube. Just like we know that Venus didn't play Wimbledon in '04.;)

winone23
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:25 PM
This is her own line. The company said that she will be with them beyond her tennis career.

If this is the case I wonder if she still has a deal with reebok. She may be getting money for both ends.

Cat's Pajamas
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:33 PM
yay. :hearts: :cool:

Diesel
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:34 PM
I couldn't believe how happy I was hearing this :lol:

Jessie181
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:45 PM
If this is the case I wonder if she still has a deal with reebok. She may be getting money for both ends.

If she's still with Reebok, I doubt they'd let her wear something else (eleVen) during the USO. I don't think she's with Reebok anymore.

K-Dog
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:12 PM
No need. Everybody knows with the advent of technology, anything can be manipulated on youtube. Just like we know that Venus didn't play Wimbledon in '04.;)

okay.

Marcell
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:16 PM
http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?f=truveo&g=08cbce23-1da6-4354-9290-596d21b51e4c

K-Dog
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:17 PM
If she's still with Reebok, I doubt they'd let her wear something else (eleVen) during the USO. I don't think she's with Reebok anymore.

I have to agree. Reebok has being incredibly dumb when it came to Venus. When she plays people watch. Not the same can be said of Shahar, Jelena, Momo, or even Nicole. Venus is a megastar.

Pureracket
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:22 PM
http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?f=truveo&g=08cbce23-1da6-4354-9290-596d21b51e4cgracias

Forehand_Volley
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:26 PM
http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?f=truveo&g=08cbce23-1da6-4354-9290-596d21b51e4c
Bringing affordable tennis wear with the name Venus Williams to the average tennis hack is a very great business move. Venus will make millions from this deal.

For the average recreational tennis player, its more palatable to spend $20 on a tennis skirt, etc. with Venus Williams name on it, rather than spending almost double on a Reebok or Nike brand.

http://store.reebok.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2067596&cp=2065998.2065984

http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=nikestore,tennis#l=nikestore,grid,_g rid,f-10001+12002+26024&re=US&co=US&la=EN

sfselesfan
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:31 PM
I was thinking of getting some for my neice who's 11 and WAY into tennis. Last year I bought her Polo gear at the USO and she grew out of it really quickly. For people like her, who are going to grow out of it quickly, this is perfect.

SF

Tennisstar86
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:34 PM

Venus still has some sort of deal with Reebok....

A) shes only wearing the Eleven shoes from what I have read...

B) Reebok is supposedly already working on her dress/ finished it

C) Reebok and Venus both said after Wimbledon that they both still had some form of contract... even though the BIG one was done.... Now we see why... Venus made another deal right before Wimbledon so she could have creative freedom... A very wise decision; HOWEVER, Venus is still sponsered by venus is some way or form... and i expect her to be wearing something reebok at U.S OPEN...

Tennisstar86
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:38 PM

Venus signed this deal before Wimbledon.... right as her "reebok" endorsement was "let go" I have a feeling it wasn't reebok that "let" Venus go as it was Venus that found what she feels and i think is a better deal for her..... Think Mary kate and ashley olsen......

This explains why VEnus still wore Reebok at Wimbledon even though they didnt represent her again....

frontier
Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:59 PM
Now I understand why she is going to Asia after USA Open,to market her duds.Asia is the biggest market for sportswear and everyone was bashing her for playing tier iv,she is a shrewd businesswoman.Thats a really practical collection and can be worn on and off the court.