PDA

View Full Version : Focusing on Tamira Paszek

Michael Pemulis
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:17 PM
Hi guyz,

I'm a huge fan of Tamira Paszek.
Any news about her physical condition?
Injured? I’m asking for that coz she had great time at Wimbledon, from there on... only two matches played, she lost either of them.
I’m wondering if she’s healthy and what’s her level of confidence on the eve of the US Open.

Desperately seeking for a couple of answers.

Michael Pemulis
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:42 PM
no one interested! :(

Slumpsova
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:50 PM
i don't know :sad:
why don't you go to her forum? ;)

anyway if you are a real huge fan, you should have known how to find out the answers :p

Michael Pemulis
Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:56 PM
i don't know :sad:
why don't you go to her forum? ;)

I'm gonna do it!

anyway if you are a real huge fan, you should have known how to find out the answers :p

Although you're a fan, it's always difficult to have all the information you need. for sure.

pinzgauer
Aug 23rd, 2007, 01:49 PM
Hi guyz,

I'm a huge fan of Tamira Paszek.
Any news about her physical condition?
Injured? I’m asking for that coz she had great time at Wimbledon, from there on... only two matches played, she lost either of them.
I’m wondering if she’s healthy and what’s her level of confidence on the eve of the US Open.

Desperately seeking for a couple of answers.

She is 16, so she is limited 13 Tournaments p. year by the WTA (age Rule).
Until now she played 11 this year. I´ve read here that some people believe GS-Tournament´s don´t count
for the age rule - if this is right she could play 4 more but I didn´t find any clue therefore...

It would be nice if somebody here could clearly say who many Tournaments a 16 year old can play p. year?

However that´s surely the main reason why she played only 1 Tournament this summer....

ViennaCalling
Aug 23rd, 2007, 01:50 PM
She'll play Bali, Beijing and Luxembourg this year - and i hope Linz too.

Demska
Aug 23rd, 2007, 01:54 PM
i do not know about her condition maybe you should hask in her official forum

pinzgauer
Aug 23rd, 2007, 01:57 PM
She'll play Bali, Beijing and Luxembourg this year - and i hope Linz too.

oh, great :)

but so the the GS really won´t count for age rule, otherwise she couldn´t play this tournaments.

maybe somebody could explain this age rules in more detail...

ViennaCalling
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:00 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/includes/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/pdfs/shared/thewtatour/officialrules/rules.pdf

Page 195 ;)

Slumpsova
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:02 PM
She is 16, so she is limited 13 Tournaments p. year by the WTA (age Rule).
Until now she played 11 this year. I´ve read here that some people believe GS-Tournament´s don´t count
for the age rule - if this is right she could play 4 more but I didn´t find any clue therefore...

It would be nice if somebody here could clearly say who many Tournaments a 16 year old can play p. year?

However that´s surely the main reason why she played only 1 Tournament this summer....
i'm sure playing GS doesn't count as long as you get in by your actual ranking.

ViennaCalling
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:05 PM
Well, it only counts if the player gets a WC into MD i think. Tamira came trough the qualies in Australia, in Paris and Wimbledon she got in by her ranking.

Kipling
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:12 PM
i do not know about her condition maybe you should hask in her official forum

LOL. Apparently this same rule doesn't apply to the williamses?

What hypocrisy.

jonny84
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Maybe she will try and defend her WTA title in Portoroz in September too.

Definitley one to watch out for in the future!

pinzgauer
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:16 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/includes/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/pdfs/shared/thewtatour/officialrules/rules.pdf

Page 195 ;)

thanks, ;)

So this year she can play 13 + 4GS und next year 17 + 4GS

that´s still a disadvantage but better than I thought..

Slumpsova
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:39 PM
i don't think she goes to Portoroz. if you look at her past tournaments, you will see she only plays in higher tiers this year.

FORZA SARITA
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
she'll not play in portoroz

Michael Pemulis
Aug 24th, 2007, 07:47 AM
what do you think about her her draw at USO?
Might she have a chance to set up a 4th round clash against Anna C.?

I think she might. I always thought she had god given talent to play awesome power baseline tennis. Just a doubt: She played just one match on the american hardcourt this year. That's not enough to get rhytm on deco turf II. You can train alot or train heavy, but you need some matches to test your lever, IMO.

Now, Up to you guyz.