PDA

View Full Version : Did Yoon Jeong Cho get a special rank?

twight6
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:05 AM
She's in the US Open main draw, but from what I can see she is unranked. Did she get a special rank because of injury?

njnetswill
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:06 AM
She must have. She didn't get a WC, so that's the only other way.

twight6
Aug 23rd, 2007, 02:27 AM
She must have. She didn't get a WC, so that's the only other way.

That's what I figured...

Does anyone know what her injury was??

disco_rage
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:19 PM
She last played in March 2006 and withdraw from Indian Wells and Miami with a lower bank injury!

Does anyone know about her? I loved her, thought she had retired.

Uranus
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
She's played for quite a long time with a SR (2005-06). Her results were decent.

I hope it's a real comeback, now. However I'm not betting on her for this US Open. 1,5 year is damn LONG. :sad:

Libertango
Aug 23rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
Oh i'd totally forgotten about her. I remember watching her against Seles (I think) at the USO a few years ago. I'm sure she was down 6-1 4-2 or something and took it to three sets. :yeah: Hasn't she won a few titles?

brunof
Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:11 PM
Oh i'd totally forgotten about her. I remember watching her against Seles (I think) at the USO a few years ago. I'm sure she was down 6-1 4-2 or something and took it to three sets. :yeah: Hasn't she won a few titles?

It's great to see her back. I hope she does well, or at least feels confident she can get back into shape. I remember in 2005 people were commenting on how she was so club level, against Henin-Hardenne in the third round of the US Open...well after a bagel set, she took her to a tough TB.

No titles, thanks to Widjaja, Eleni and Anabel. :rolleyes::sad:

disco_rage
Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:13 PM
No titles, thanks to Widjaja, Eleni and Anabel. :rolleyes::sad:

Yeah she reached 3 finals but yet to win a title

alexia1huff
Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:18 PM
never heard about her, but sounds like she's decent