PDA

View Full Version : Who needs to withdraw for the draw to change???

eugreene2
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:17 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed today but is there a chance the draw can be changed via a withdrawal. The good thing about the draw being done so early is that a withdrawal can still possibly take place by friday.

What if Vaidosova, Hingis, Serena or Vera withdraw? Could that possibly lead to 1 of the big wigs being moved to the bottom half?

Bruno71
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
I don't know if this has been discussed today but is there a chance the draw can be changed via a withdrawal. The good thing about the draw being done so early is that a withdrawal can still possibly take place by friday.

What if Vaidosova, Hingis, Serena or Vera withdraw? Could that possibly lead to 1 of the big wigs being moved to the bottom half?

No one will be moved. A lucky loser will take the place of the withdrawn player.

Wiggly
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:22 PM
No one will be moved. A lucky loser will take the place of the withdrawn player.

Maybe they will add a 33rd seed and a LL will take the place of the ex-unseeded player?

selyoink
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:23 PM

I think they can rearrange the draw up until a certain point. I know at Wimbledon had Murray withdrawn sooner the draw would have changed because the US commentators were mad that Murray withdrew so late because Blake would have moved to his spot and had a better draw.

jonny84
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:25 PM
I think its the case of a 33rd seed.

I remember in 2003 Wimbledon. Mauresmo who was seeded #6 withdrew, and was replaced by #33 seed Kuznetsova. Kuznetsova used the 33rd/6th seeding to reach the quarters!

disco_rage
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:25 PM
The 33rd seed would take the withdrawing seeded players spot and a LL into main draw.

Bruno71
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
True, there seems to be a certain cut-off point...probably 2 days before or maybe 1? Either way, a lucky loser will be involved I think.

sfselesfan
Aug 22nd, 2007, 10:31 PM
Everyone has to withdraw for the draw to change.

SF